Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,640 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria (39563 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

I'll open another thread on Orlu (2nd largest city Imo) vs Nnewi (2nd largest city Anambra) if you continue with this kind of sentimental remarks. There are more banks in Orlu than Nnewi today. Maybe 2 years ago it was different.

I've never met a graduate wanting to live in Onitsha all my life. You can create a poll here on Nairaland. Its Owerri and Enugu that most graduates prefer in the Southeast.

Imo and Osun are probably the brightest States in Nigeria today. Lagos is on a league of its own while Port Harcourt is on another level. It is not for petty traders.

Lmao..

Between PH and Calabar which is more livable, but people crowd all over PH and Lagos and Onitsha in search of economic survival.

Since I was born am yet to see anybody intending to go near Owerri for living or whatever. Oowerre represent what was known in those days as Sodom. Today population of Onitsha alone is more than entire imo state put together. You people have all left imo state and invadede Anambra in search survival. You can only compare Orlu to Ekwulobia not to talk of Nnewi. Number of banks in Nnewi is more than the ones entire imo states.

In Sabmiller alone I know over 100 young imo graduates that given a new lease of life courtesy of Obi employment drive. They are leaving your cursed dry imo state in droves. Samething is happening in Chrisoral Group, Orange Drugs etc all in Harbor est Onitsha. The only profitable bizness in imo state is prost1tion for there girls and kidnapping for there men. Simple!

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2013
ocelot2006:

Guy, I equally live in PHC, and I must confess that Amaechi has tried oh. The PHC I left in 2007 is way different from the city I met years later. The problem with the governor was that he talked a lot, but the implementation of these projects tend to come in abit late. Still, he deserves a pat on the back.

No doubt he has done better than his predecessor. I will not castigate him at all, but when we villifie a governor like obi, then we need to match fund available with work done. Compare River State with lagos state and see if Amaechi comes out unbruised, then think about the huge debt incured amidst wealth. Governance involves having a balanced sheet in every aspect st the end of the day.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
Step2002:

No doubt he has done better than his predecessor. I will not castigate him at all, but when we villifie a governor like obi, then we need to match fund available with work done. Compare River State with lagos state and see if Amaechi comes out unbruised, then think about the huge debt incured amidst wealth. Governance involves having a balanced sheet in every aspect st the end of the day.

That is the point few are missing. Akpbio borrowed money everybody including the opposition is singing his praise, becos he is performing. The same applied to lagos. But in the case of okorosha he borrowed heavily with nothing on the ground, no job creation, no infrastructure, his people are running to nearby state for survival. Most of the gullible projects has since been abandoned, where is the money he borrowed, I think efcc should arrest the clown.lol
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Lmao..

Between PH and Calabar which is more livable, but people crowd all over PH and Lagos and Onitsha in search of economic survival.

Since I was born am yet to see anybody intending to go near Owerri for living or whatever. Oowerre represent what was known in those days as Sodom. Today population of Onitsha alone is more than entire imo state put together. You people have all left imo state and invadede Anambra in search survival. You can only compare Orlu to Ekwulobia not to talk of Nnewi. Number of banks in Nnewi is more than the ones entire imo states.

In Sabmiller alone I know over 100 young imo graduates that given a new lease of life courtesy of Obi employment drive. They are leaving your cursed dry imo state in droves. Samething is happening in Chrisoral Group, Orange Drugs etc all in Harbor est Onitsha.

Okay let us compare Obi with Orji. Rural roads have been done by both Governors. Both Governors did not borrow. New industries have sprung up in both States with Abia getting more. Why then do you think Obi is better than Orji?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

Okay let us compare Obi with Orji. Rural roads have been done by both Governors. Both Governors did not borrow. New industries have sprung up in both States with Abia getting more. Why then do you think Obi is better than Orji?

Hahaha
Like as I said Anambra is a(Cat-A) state. Meaning that Anambra rated alongside economically vibrant and viable states as Rivers and lagos. CBN confirmed recently that the amount of money that moves into Onitsha on daily basis surppasses that of PH.

Onitsha is only second to lagos in terms of banks and cash mobilizationm. You can imagine how sophiticated the city of Onitsha is. So Abia come Cat_B states, why Imo is in Cat-D alongside Ekiti, Ebonyi, taraba etc.

Since okorosha is still the gov of imo state, he remains the worst gov out of SE. Orji has tried at least in opening new areas and empowerment of his people of which okorosha hasn't done even with all the debt hanging around the state.

As I said earlier imo state is a rural state when compared to Anambra. In all fairness okorosha maybe strugling with Elechi on who performs better.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by asha80(m): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

apart from the can factory,the malting plant which other industry has t a orji attracted to abia?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by asha80(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Hahaha
Like as I said Anambra is a(Cat-A) state. Meaning that Anambra rated alongside economically vibrant and viable states as Rivers and lagos. CBN confirmed recently that the amount of money that moves into Onitsha on daily basis surppasses that of PH. Onitsha is only second to lagos in terms of banks and cash mobilizationm. You can imagine how sophiticated the city of Onitsha is. So Abia come Cat_B states, why Imo is in Cat-D alongside Ekiti, Ebonyi, taraba etc. As I said earlier imo state is a rural state when compared to Anambra.
produce a link that shows that cash that moves into onitsha daily is more than ph.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Hahaha
Like as I said Anambra is a(Cat-A) state. Meaning that Anambra rated alongside economically vibrant and viable states as Rivers and lagos. CBN confirmed recently that the amount of money that moves into Onitsha on daily basis surppasses that of PH. Onitsha is only second to lagos in terms of banks and cash mobilizationm. You can imagine how sophiticated the city of Onitsha is. So Abia come Cat_B states, why Imo is in Cat-D alongside Ekiti, Ebonyi, taraba etc. As I said earlier imo state is a rural state when compared to Anambra.

But according to CBN, Abia has more cash flows than Anambra. Anambra was only added as a last decision alongside Ogun.

http://thewillnigeria.com/opinion/8716.html

The Governor
Central Bank of Nigeria
Plot 33 Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Way
Central Business District
Cadastral Zone, Abuja

Dear Sir,

THE PROPOSED LIMITATION OF CASH WITHDRAWAL POLICY OF THE CBN

We are anti-corruption Attorneys Based in Abuja and support your fight against graft and financial crimes in Nigeria since you assumed office.

We are seised with some Newspaper reports to the effect that the CBN through a press release on April 28, 2011 directed all deposit money Banks with effect from June 1, 2012 that daily free cash withdrawals and lodgments by individual and corporate customers do not except maximum of N150,000 and N1 Million.

According to the report also, the new policy is to be operational only in Abuja, Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Kano and Abia. Further, the report say ‘it is to help curb incidents of violent robberies which to the CBN, has become common because people move huge volume of cash ground’.

Anambra and Ogun were added this year as a last minute decision.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
asha 80: produce a link that shows that cash that moves into onitsha daily is more than ph.

I will do that once I get home. Its on my home laptop. It was confirmed by CBN that Anambra rates 2nd only to lagos on cash mobilization. How then can we be comparing such a mega state with mere Imo state who only source of income is federal allocation and govt is the only employer in the state, because people hardly go there to invest.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
When you compare this. http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/51352-nb-plc-starts-expansion-of-aba-brewery. With this.
http://www.sabmiller.com/index.asp?pageid=149&newsid=1997

They are both equal in value of $100 million.

If you add this
https://www.nairaland.com/271417/malting-plant-kicks-off-aba

Orji Commissions N10b Aba Malting Plant

Abia State Governor, Theodore Orji, has commissioned the N10 billion Aba Malting Plant, which is located in Obingwa Local Government Area of the state.

And this

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2013/03/nigerias-fidelity-bank-finances-africas-largest-aluminium-plant-project/

Managing Director and Chief Executive, Fidelity Bank Plc, Reginald Ihejiahi, according to report, disclosed that the bank is the financier of Africa’s biggest aluminium can factory which is to be completed in a few months with a production capacity of 1.2 billion cans, in Aba, South East Nigeria.

THISDAY reported Ihejiahi highlighted that the investment was driven by the bank’s “commitment and faith in the development of the Nigerian economy.”

“We are a bank operating in an emerging market and we believe that the industrial sector remains the heart of banking in such markets,” the bank chief said

Don't you think that going by your logic Orji is the best?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 5:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

But according to CBN, Abia has more cash flows than Anambra. Anambra was only added as a last decision alongside Ogun.

http://thewillnigeria.com/opinion/8716.html

The Governor
Central Bank of Nigeria
Plot 33 Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Way
Central Business District
Cadastral Zone, Abuja

Dear Sir,

THE PROPOSED LIMITATION OF CASH WITHDRAWAL POLICY OF THE CBN

We are anti-corruption Attorneys Based in Abuja and support your fight against graft and financial crimes in Nigeria since you assumed office.

We are seised with some Newspaper reports to the effect that the CBN through a press release on April 28, 2011 directed all deposit money Banks with effect from June 1, 2012 that daily free cash withdrawals and lodgments by individual and corporate customers do not except maximum of N150,000 and N1 Million.

According to the report also, the new policy is to be operational only in Abuja, Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Kano and Abia. Further, the report say ‘it is to help curb incidents of violent robberies which to the CBN, has become common because people move huge volume of cash ground’.

Anambra and Ogun were added this year as a last minute decision.

Hahhahahah

See the site below.

http://www.punchng.com/business/money/cbn-ranks-anambra-third-in-deposit-mobilisation/&sa=U&ei=cg-uUdXrKcLAhAef34CQAQ&ved=0CBcQFjAG&usg=AFQjCNEiB3eZssI3Cou7DZtokgh61xCiDA

You think your in imo state where they don't have internet access. You cannot deceive anybody. CBN concentrated on the three mega states of lagos, Rivers and Anambra. These are the most important Nigerian states because they are the economic pillers of Nigeria. If imo state was to be at the boundary Nigeria can easily trade it off, becos they contribute nothing meaningful to Nigeria. That is the fact.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo: When you compare this. http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/51352-nb-plc-starts-expansion-of-aba-brewery. With this.
http://www.sabmiller.com/index.asp?pageid=149&newsid=1997

They are both equal in value of $100 million.

hmm, I didn't read it, but If I take your word for it then its a point. brewery for brewery...I hope abia own is functioning too.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
This abagoro is really a clown. So you are telling me that there is nothing worth celebrating in your imo state. Why not start by showing us the fraudulent Roches/ohakin 10,000 jobs. grin
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagoro take it:

Anambra is to SE what Rivers and Lagos is SS and SW.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by ifechez: 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

The issue is that none of those things has been noticed by any outsider that visits Anambra State. Obi's roads are known as NDDC roads and that is why nobody will show the pictures. Here are some of the roads. He is said to have done only 600km of narrow single lane roads with few having open drainage, no streetlights and no walkways.

am from isiala mbano LGA. amauzari precisely. I tell you, obi has done more than most governors put together including that fraud in Douglas house. can you tell me any single project started andcompleted by that scam since he assumed authority? i guess none. the road u posted am sure you haven't used it b4. you got it online, so hw wud you say for sure it substandard. today in anambra state, the biggest mall in Nigeria is coming on board and he has within one year started and completed an 8 floor hotel and conference exactly the same time the cow in owerri was everywhere shouting about prince and princess hotel that's about to see a cement block yet. today, there is a five star hotel under construction in agulu lake and you will not get to hear it on radio or see it on TV. do you know that as at this moment IMO citizens seeking admission in imsu have only 20% allotment against 70% for non indigenes, which means you have more non indigenes in the skool hence he uses the skool fees paid by these non-indigenes to service the institution.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ: This abagoro is really a clown. So you are telling me that there is nothing worth celebrating in your imo state. Why not start by showing us the fraudulent Roches/ohakin 10,000 jobs. grin

Imo is a tourist and Agrarian State. I can show you Ada palm, Oguta lake resort and Owerri city. Everywhere must not be industrialized and commercialized unless we are breaking up as a country, then Imo will need a commercial and industrial city. Imo is located at the perfect centre of intersection between the 3 most economically viable cities in the East . Port-Harcourt, Onitsha and Aba. We tend to be where they find relaxation from their noisy cities so our investments and developments should be geared towards agriculture and tourism.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by ifechez: 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo: You can also add this http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/guinness-begins-operation-in-aba-launches-dubic-beer/

you are incoherent. abia is abia while IMO is IMO. don't compare onitsha with any oda place in nigeria in terms of commercial activity except Lagos. even kano, aba, pH come behind. there are so much activities in here. from production to supply name it. anything you cannot find in onitsha or Lagos, that means its not in Nigeria. go figure
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by ifechez: 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

Imo is a tourist and Agrarian State. I can show you Ada palm, Oguta lake resort and Owerri city. Everywhere must not be industrialized and commercialized unless we are breaking up as a country, then Imo will need a commercial and industrial city. Imo is located at the perfect centre of intersection between the 3 most economically viable cities in the East . Port-Harcourt, Onitsha and Aba. We tend to be where they find relaxation from their noisy cities so our investments and developments should be geared towards agriculture and tourism.

now you are talking. its a win win for every body. I make money in onitsha flex in owerri hotels and bar. in return they come to onitsha to buy wears or building materials. but rochas is not doing anything. I even read this morning where ifeanyi uba critised rochas of monkeying around instead of doing the things he promised.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 5:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
ifechez:

am from isiala mbano LGA. amauzari precisely. I tell you, obi has done more than most governors put together including that fraud in Douglas house. can you tell me any single project started andcompleted by that scam since he assumed authority? i guess none. the road u posted am sure you haven't used it b4. you got it online, so hw wud you say for sure it substandard. today in anambra state, the biggest mall in Nigeria is coming on board and he has within one year started and completed an 8 floor hotel and conference exactly the same time the cow in owerri was everywhere shouting about prince and princess hotel that's about to see a cement block yet. today, there is a five star hotel under construction in agulu lake and you will not get to hear it on radio or see it on TV. do you know that as at this moment IMO citizens seeking admission in imsu have only 20% allotment against 70% for non indigenes, which means you have more non indigenes in the skool hence he uses the skool fees paid by these non-indigenes to service the institution.

This is air raid.

Abagoro where are u nah. Ajo nwa is owerri ba nne ya afo.. grin
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 5:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
ifechez:

now you are talking. its a win win for every body. I make money in onitsha flex in owerri hotels and bar. in return they come to onitsha to buy wears or building materials. but rochas is not doing anything. I even read this morning where ifeanyi uba critised rochas of monkeying around instead of doing the things he promised.

You are still going off the point even in this your fake moniker. Onitsha has always been as it is same with Aba long before we were born and not out of Peter Obi's good governance. That's the point I've been trying to make by bringing Abia. Despite the bad performance of Orji, Abia keeps being more industrialized and investors keep coming even when there were kidnappers and armed robbers. Today robbers shot 2 policemen in Onitsha but main Market will still go on.

What Obi has failed to do is to give the required face lift to Onitsha in particular and giving it that modern and international feel. It is the same thing Orji failed to do in Aba. Connecting villages with narrow roads is a stage we should have surpassed long ago.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
ifechez:

Owerri? Unless you want to be kidnapped or r.aped by women.

There more decent hotels and bars in Awka. Onitsha and Nnewi boys are always in Awka to spend the cash, thereby making the money to circulate in Anambra.

With the coming on board of LG Mall in Awka, Onitsha hotel and convention center and also Agulu convention center coupled with the international cargo airport, oil/gas plants/refinery in Otuocha- Anambra will be a major destinatin in West Africa.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

You are still going off the point even in this your fake moniker. Onitsha has always been as it is same with Aba long before we were born and not out of Peter Obi's good governance. That's the point I've been trying to make by bringing Abia. Despite the bad performance of Orji, Abia keeps being more industrialized and investors keep coming even when there were kidnappers and armed robbers. Today robbers shot 2 policemen in Onitsha but main Market will still go on.

What Obi has failed to do is to give the required face lift to Onitsha in particular and giving it that modern and international feel. It is the same thing Orji failed to do in Aba. Connecting villages with narrow roads is a stage we should have surpassed long ago.

You are not making any sense. Onitsha is presently cleaned up with nice network of roads all thru. Aba is way off, cannot be compared to nice development and an air of liveliness Onitsha enjoys.

Onitsha has Shoprite, has a 5 star hotel. Onitsha been upgraded beyond the pauper level of owerre and Aba.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
ifechez:

you are incoherent. abia is abia while IMO is IMO. don't compare onitsha with any oda place in nigeria in terms of commercial activity except Lagos. even kano, aba, pH come behind. there are so much activities in here. from production to supply name it. anything you cannot find in onitsha or Lagos, that means its not in Nigeria. go figure

Tell that bastard born in the creeks of bayelsa called abagwoto
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

You are not making any sense. Onitsha is presently cleaned up with nice network of roads all thru. Aba is way off, cannot be compared to nice development and an air of liveliness Onitsha enjoys.

Onitsha has Shoprite, has a 5 star hotel. Onitsha been upgraded beyond the pauper level of owerre and Aba.

It still boils down to same question. Can you post pictures of this new Onitsha for us all to see? The answer is no! because only headbridge to upper Iweka is being repaved but still dirty.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by asha80(m): 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Owerri? Unless you want to be kidnapped or r.aped by women.

There more decent hotels and bars in Awka. Onitsha and Nnewi boys are always in Awka to spend the cash, thereby making the money to circulate in Anambra.

With the coming on board of LG Mall in Awka, Onitsha hotel and convention center and also Agulu convention center coupled with the international cargo airport, oil/gas plants/refinery in Otuocha- Anambra will be a major destinatin in West Africa.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Tell that bastard born in the creeks of bayelsa called abagwoto

Oga dis one is not a follow. OYO
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

It still boils down to same question. Can you post pictures of this new Onitsha for us all to see? The answer is no! because only headbridge to upper Iweka is being repaved but still dirty.

Am sure if pass Headbridge/Ojukwu way you will have Hibp. The road is paved neat and clean with street light being mounted now. Onitsha is reborn with modern eateries, shoprite, 5 star hotel and international airport upcoming at Otuocha outskirt of Onitsha. Your imo state is still a learner and rural when you compare it to Anambra. Deal with bro lol grin
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Here are two 5star hotels in Owerri.

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Am sure if pass Headbridge/Ojukwu way you will have Hibp. The road is paved neat and clean with street light being mounted now. Onitsha is reborn with modern eateries, shoprite, 5 star hotel and international airport upcoming at Otuocha outskirt of Onitsha. Your imo state is still a learner and rural when you compare it to Anambra. Deal with bro lol grin

Your tactics is similar to PDP's of pitting North vs South as against performance. You are stylishly deviating the issue to Imo vs Anambra. Show us pictures of the new Onitsha hotels and sparkling layouts done by his excellency or shut up.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
This video was taken last month in Obi's 7th year as Governor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfsRxAISHmo
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo: Here are two 5star hotels in Owerri.

Hmmm

The first hotel cannot even compete with Queen Suites or Barnhil Resort in Awka, the second pix is a hotel built in the 70s which is likely to collapse soon because of neglect.

You guys can do better at least to provide jobs for your people so that they stop invading Anambra like pests.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Throwback Wedding Photo Of Rotimi Akeredolu & Betty In 1981 / PDP Flags Removed From Imo Government House After Supreme Court Judgement / Buhari Is Not A Nigerian - Professor Soremekun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.