Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,199 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria (39558 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by clint77ng: 7:29am On Jun 03, 2013
xynerise: Is either Rochas Okorocha on that list or I quit Nairaland
What has he done? Apart from the school on wetheral, name any other completed project. or u want his name on the list cos he installed garden light on highway, and turned most Imo contractors beggars? abeg name one project.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 03, 2013
nduchig: WHAT ABOUT THIS MAN? HE IS PROMISING TOO AT LEAST FOR COMMISSIONING AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING WITH THE PROMISE OF COMPLETING IT NEXT TENURE. LOL

grin grin grin grin........TA Orji should be castrated.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile: apabio is promising?

A crooked and lawless election rigger is promising?

A bad and corrupt financial manager dishing state money on frivolous nonsense like luxury jeeps for celebrities and sending people to dubai is promising?

A man whose budget is the largest in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it?

A man who is using dummy Tropicana project to loot the state? N75 billion abandoned project?

May God help Nigeria or maybe I should say you already corrupt leaders of tomorow..
U hate him dats y u write d poo there. He is the greatest among govs.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by dash97: 7:35am On Jun 03, 2013
exactly that should be number 1...d guy is inspiring
Nwa Teacher: Rochas Okorocha should be the first in that list. Judging that he has stayed on 2 years in office to oda governors who has stayed a minimum of 6 years but the transformation agenda of this man is exergerated. Go to imo state and see by yourself. Only 2 years in office
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by joeluv: 7:35am On Jun 03, 2013
1.Chime (considering the states allocation,management, adimistration, planning, security etc)
2.Akpabia (using the huge allocation well)
3.Fashola (Lagos has so much money can do better, buh trying very well, Lagos is now neater and grasses at major road)
4.Oshomole (turning that shit called called benin roads to something better)
5.Ondo, Jigawa, Plateux (not bin der but hrd they are trying)

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Fadelex(m): 7:40am On Jun 03, 2013
@musiwa, iroko must be very proud of you.. you''ve done more than what u earned.... abeg tell mimiko to leave dem jang and gej to their NGF..he should concentrate on the good work he's doing.... I've been to ondo of recent and I can authoritatively confirm these pictures...
@op, promising in terms of what?
ur analysis should base on job creation, educational development, infrastructural development, security, and these shld come with evidence just as musawa has done not just an unverified write up....
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by afangide(m): 7:40am On Jun 03, 2013
Oldnyoung:
Akpabio has really performed n deserve a listing for both evil n semblance of good, Let me simplify with these points:
1. Akwa ibom witnessed the highest number of political killings under his watch
2. He is a seasoned election rigger that tolerates no opposition
3. He deserves an award for weakening n eventually splitting d govs forum
4. Has d highest security vote in d country
5. Divides AKS along ethnic lines. A split that causes enmity even at d grassroots
6. Build n refurbish roads using Julius Berger as conduit
7. Award all major contracts to his immediate brothers n d wife's siblings
8. A state where 90% of the citizens are hungry n very poor
9. No respect for other arms of govt like judiciary n legislature. He even rubbished a serving senator by virtually recalling him over the media n appointing him a campaign mgr without the mans knowledge
10. No even Dev in AKS. Take a tour outside Uyo and Ikot Ekpene senatorial district, then the list will be fine tuned.
11. Lastly, he encourages cultism in the state. All his PAs and commissioners are known cultists.
Don't re move the name. Don't. Don't .... ...................
Are u high on cow dungs? Its just a question and I need an answer.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by losak9111(m): 7:42am On Jun 03, 2013
Well Ekiti state governor should be on that list,the man of the poeple John Kayode Fayemi (JKF) has done his best so far for Ekiti poeple
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by xynerise: 7:42am On Jun 03, 2013
clint77ng: What has he done? Apart from the school on wetheral, name any other completed project. or u want his name on the list cos he installed garden light on highway, and turned most Imo contractors beggars? abeg name one project.
If you dont know what he did and still doing, then I guess you are just coming back from Malawi. Go back home and ask your people.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by wendieposh: 7:45am On Jun 03, 2013
So far my gov is in the list & no one can contest how promising he is,I'm aii. BRF..Eko o ni baje o
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by gbagyiza: 7:48am On Jun 03, 2013
Drunk: Late Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa (His legacies/projects still being carried out) by Gov. Mukhtar Ramalan Yero of Kaduna State
na lie, which carried out by Ramalan Yero.in my area gonin gora our project hav being abandon.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by gen2briz(m): 7:49am On Jun 03, 2013
Had it been mimiko is on the list ni, na today I for leave nairaland. But thank God he's not on the list.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nellyd(f): 7:50am On Jun 03, 2013
Oldnyoung:
Akpabio has really performed n deserve a listing for both evil n semblance of good, Let me simplify with these points:
1. Akwa ibom witnessed the highest number of political killings under his watch
2. He is a seasoned election rigger that tolerates no opposition
3. He deserves an award for weakening n eventually splitting d govs forum
4. Has d highest security vote in d country
5. Divides AKS along ethnic lines. A split that causes enmity even at d grassroots
6. Build n refurbish roads using Julius Berger as conduit
7. Award all major contracts to his immediate brothers n d wife's siblings
8. A state where 90% of the citizens are hungry n very poor
9. No respect for other arms of govt like judiciary n legislature. He even rubbished a serving senator by virtually recalling him over the media n appointing him a campaign mgr without the mans knowledge
10. No even Dev in AKS. Take a tour outside Uyo and Ikot Ekpene senatorial district, then the list will be fine tuned.
11. Lastly, he encourages cultism in the state. All his PAs and commissioners are known cultists.
Don't remove the name. Don't. Don't .... ...................
Nansense. Akpabio is the best governor in Nigeria compared to other governors. He is a man of the people. Go to states like Abia and I promise you, you'll hail the man. Governor Akpabio, carry on sir. My only fear is, will the next governor continue from where you'll stop..
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Arsenate(m): 7:50am On Jun 03, 2013
I think u meant "most promising governors in southern Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Acelifted: 7:51am On Jun 03, 2013
Pls add the governor of Oyo state - Ajumobi to the verified list. The man is gift Oyo state has not seen the days of Awolowo

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by COOLDUN: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2013
I have read so many comments on the thread, to me any list of the best performing governors in Nigeria without the name of his Excellency Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha, the Exc Governor of Imo state in it, is like drawing an African map without including Madagascar, which makes it incomplete. Owelle Rochas Okorocha is one of the best performing governors in Nigeria whether you like it or not.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Itoroetti(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2013

A bad and corrupt financial manager dishing state money on frivolous nonsense like luxury jeeps for celebrities and sending people to dubai is promising?

A man whose budget is the largest in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it?

A man who is using dummy Tropicana project to loot the state? N75 billion abandoned project?

May God help Nigeria or maybe I should say you already corrupt leaders of tomorow..
ur fashola spend 500,000usd to bring kim k to lagos 4a cameo appearance,u didnt complained.
Lagos internally generated revenue for a month alone is more than what Akpabio recieves in like 3month;ask urself,what does fashola do with such money?he is spendng it with Tinubu ur mentor.i guess u are blind to agree and know d truth

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by abbakacici: 8:04am On Jun 03, 2013
Zona.com:
Next time when making analysis like this, base it on the south strictly, that way, it would be more understandable. Nairalanders constantly make the mistake of relegating the north whenever they post stuff like this and i ask why? If you dont travel, simply leave stuff like this for travellers. Northern governors like jonah jang are doing great based on the nigeria standard at least
the thing is very annoying. Because they never to the north. So they just amuze that northern govs must useless. Governors like 1)lamido. 2) kwankwaso 3 jang 4 dankwanbo are doing great
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Fadelex(m): 8:04am On Jun 03, 2013
Itoroetti :

ur fashola spend 500,000usd to bring kim k to lagos 4a cameo appearance,u didnt complained.
Lagos internally generated revenue for a month alone is more than what Akpabio recieves in like 3month;ask urself,what does fashola do with such money?he is spendng it with Tinubu ur mentor.i guess u are blind to agree and know d truth
what is happening to our youths.? this early morning u've started smoking pawpaw leaf, were u there when fashola paid Kim whoredeshian d money, just defend ur akpabio with evidence of d work he has done not by badmouthing d man that has outperformed d president,
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by AdekunleBalogun: 8:06am On Jun 03, 2013
Did u guys notice that there is no single northern governor on this list, even if we re-write the list. I think there should be a concerted effort to bring them on board, take a look at their activities and see how this people govern their state but for now they seems so far off. But if are not happy with this list, join me let's form our own faction and write our list *In NGF voice* this list is not credible.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Repnaija2010: 8:07am On Jun 03, 2013
i think gov rochas okorocha of imo deserves to b on dat list.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by UzMikey(m): 8:08am On Jun 03, 2013
cnnamoko: After Naija numerous missionary journeys, these outstanding governors are determined to turn things around in Nigeria. or What do you think?
1. Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State
2. Gov. Fashola of Lagos State.
3. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers
4. Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra state
5. Gov. Adams Oshiomole of Edo
Gov. Rochas Owelle Okorocha

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Vincent41(m): 8:10am On Jun 03, 2013
cnnamoko: After Naija numerous missionary journeys, these outstanding governors are determined to turn things around in Nigeria. or What do you think?
1. Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State
2. Gov. Fashola of Lagos State.
3. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers
4. Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra state
5. Gov. Adams Oshiomole of Edo

pls remove Nonsese Obi from de list before i slap some one here
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Chuksgeo: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2013
OKOROCHA is not in this list, nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 03, 2013
Vincent 4:

pls remove Nonsese Obi from de list before i slap some one here
egbon en binu ni grin
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by dougivilla(m): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2013

In what ways is your Idolised Tinubu and his dummy 'pet' Fashola better than him?

No let hate send you back and again to psychiatric oh!!!
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by dridowu: 8:23am On Jun 03, 2013
BRF=BRIGHTER REWARDING FUTURE for LAGOSIAN
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by bros856: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2013
Well I love Governor Akpabio but please remove his name on that list and tell him to go develop Eket and Ibeno that brings much of the revenue which he is spending on his family, inlaws and Anang people only. There is no farm or industry in Akwa Ibom state. Nothing is produced in Akwa Ibom state apart from hotels, bottle water, and pure water. There is no good road in Eket Urban main town(Oil City)for now. Beautification of Eket roundabout is still a promise on the pipeline. All the roads and projects in UYO city stated below which Akpabio use to credit himself were completed by former Governor Victor Attah, they were all there before Akpabio became Governor lets be honest.
1. E-Library
2. Airport
3. 8 and 4 lanes roads
4. Ibom plaza known as Ibom conection
5. Science park
6. Traffic lights
7. 5 star Hotel(Le meridean)
8. NDDC Rural road projects in all the local govt.
9. 13 percent offshore/onshore oil revenue which Akpabio is spending on his people and wife people now as if other local goverment is not part of Akwa Ibom state.
10. Itam morden Market

His execellency Chief Governor Godwill Akpabio has below list of project to his credit for real

1. Ikot Ekpene and Abak road Fly over
2. Ikot Ekpene/Abak/Essien Udium/Ibesikpo to UYO roads
3. Beautification of Uyo roundabouts
4. Stadium project ongoing
5. Renovation of selected primary schools class room blocks to empower his brothers and comissioners by contracts
6. Eket/Etinan road project not visible(AIT/Channels news only)
7. Eket city beautification of roustabout not visible(AIT/Channels news only)
8. Rural road contruction in all the local govt claim by Akpabio but done by NDDC in Akwa Ibom State
9. Free education in some schools
10. New Governor's office
11. All others are on await[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]ing list.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Ayima: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2013
I am a Cross Riverian,but the only governor i know is Okorocha.Imo state is a state that was in the state of quagmire but that man jst turned everytin around.that man is a man of intellectual segacity and political optimism, infact when i sleep and dream about our president i always see Okorocha as my president i don't understand.May God bless that Man.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by deols(f): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2013
Governor Ishaq Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo state is a silent achiever.

He deserves recognition.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by vivajoy: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2013
Abeg make una put rochas name for dat list o. The man don transform Imo state o. Thank u.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Charleebro(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2013
Lool. This list is a complete and utter joke without Rochas Okorocha AT THE TOP, or at least behind JUST Fashola. Imo state gets probably one of the lowest budgetary allocations from the Federal government and we don't even have industry, yet to see what this man is doing is wondrous. Sometimes I feel like he's using his own money.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari's Brief Profile In Picture / Troops Neutralize A Female Suicide Bomber At Yamtake, Borno State / President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.