Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,479 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria (39560 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by seyidboy(m): 3:44am On Jun 03, 2013
mayorall: Gov. Rauf Aregbesola of Osun state.

mtchewwwwww.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by kcjazz(m): 3:50am On Jun 03, 2013
What does promising mean?
Plus no northern govs? A list without Jigawas Lamido is incomplete undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by ibrahimdoc: 3:51am On Jun 03, 2013
Garri the 1st: Ok. That's ur opinion..

I agree with only 3 names on your list.

cool cool cool

Tribalist, have you been to all the states in nigeria?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Raypawer(m): 4:47am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile: apabio is promising?

A crooked and lawless election rigger is promising?

A bad and corrupt financial manager dishing state money on frivolous nonsense like luxury jeeps for celebrities and sending people to dubai is promising?

A man whose budget is the largest in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it?

A man who is using dummy Tropicana project to loot the state? N75 billion abandoned project?

May God help Nigeria or maybe I should say you already corrupt leaders of tomorow..

shhh! AKPABIO is working, stop saying what you don't know. The man is an Anang man yet he has hands in the infrastuctural development of ibibio... Which is very rare of an Anang man, when last have u been to Akwa Ibom? Who told you Tropicana that is half complete is an abandoned project? Hu! Ur so full of sentiment, he has commision so far more than 300 urban road of which hav seen with my eyes, he is empowering youths, (even till today some trained 200+ youth will be empowered) all his projects are worth what the cash he spends on them.., and which of the Gov. Can you point out that did'nt rig election? ur so full of sentiment so mr Man shut up and mind ur dry ass.. Nonsence!!!!

8 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 4:51am On Jun 03, 2013
ondo state in 4 years compare to your list

you can compare to what federal get 54% of allocation. Ondo get just 0.6% of the revenue allocation.

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 4:52am On Jun 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 4:53am On Jun 03, 2013
Ondo state in 4 years

[img][/img]
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 4:54am On Jun 03, 2013
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by a1solution: 4:54am On Jun 03, 2013
Gov. Olusegun Obasanjo former and incumbent Nigerian Governor should be on that list.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 4:55am On Jun 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 4:55am On Jun 03, 2013
1. Fashola
2. Oshiomole
3. Aregbesola
4. Rochas
5. Amaechi

Honorable mention Lamido
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 4:56am On Jun 03, 2013
ondo state in 4 years

[img]http://
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by CROWE: 5:01am On Jun 03, 2013
koruji: Hihihi....
But seriously there is much power left in the hand of governors, but your observation is right especially on security.
The GEJ presidency is so bold as to try to "steal" state projects as their own.

I am referring mostly to finances though, the federal government collects almost all monies made in Nigeria and has set up a system that cripples the states, making it impractical for them to even try to make any money.

All these pictures of cars, buses and desktops in this thread, that is incredible amounts of money spent then they will need to continue to put so much more into maintenance, pay so many teachers and with so many people suffering a lot of this infrastructure will get stolen further rising the cost of governance. As time passes governance gets progressively difficult at the state level because most of the money invested is siphoned to the federal level, all you end up having is investments that cannot be maintained. The Federal government and all its imperial powers and taxes is what is ruining Nigeria because it is impossible for all the money that goes there to get back to the states in efficient circulation.

You can probably tell that I am a supporter of the governors forum and their clamor for more power, it is only in Nigerians federation that the states don't have the power.

Anyway, i digress, that is not what this thread is about though for me it always seems to come to that cheesy For me the best governors are the ones that have opposed the federal government the most, there can be no task more important that challenging the tyranny of our federal government, a government that has forgotten that it is it who must serve us and not the other way around.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 03, 2013
Sorry o,what has Peter Obi done to be liste! is it dancing Kukere with Uduagha or what? Talking of Uduaghan or hw is it spell,that os a disgrace to my state.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by dabrake(m): 5:07am On Jun 03, 2013
abeg, na who carry musiwa come this thread?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by kcjazz(m): 5:16am On Jun 03, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Sorry o,what has Peter Obi done to be liste! is it dancing Kukere with Uduagha or what? Talking of Uduaghan or hw is it spell,that os a disgrace to my state.
tongue
lol atleast you guys in Delta get to watch epl and champions league matches on large electronic billboards for FREE. Effurun roundabout or Nnebisi road on wednesday nites is every soccer lovers dream

imagine the number of nationwide tvs when he becomes president. Thats a lot of promise!
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by mrsolutionm(m): 5:17am On Jun 03, 2013
cnnamoko: After Naija numerous missionary journeys, these outstanding governors are determined to turn things around in Nigeria. or What do you think?
1. Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State
2. Gov. Fashola of Lagos State.
3. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers
4. Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra state
5. Gov. Adams Oshiomole of Edo
obi 4 where,abeg delete em name
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by cardoso111(m): 5:25am On Jun 03, 2013
Dr Aliyu Babangida
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola
Hon Rotimi Amaechi
Adams Oshiomhole
Abiola Ajimobi
Go and see what they have been doing doing for their people!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Raypawer(m): 5:25am On Jun 03, 2013
Starting with no 8.
If u stay in Akwa Ibom and ur still poor, then u must be a jobless fool..
No11. Stop saying what you don't know! Can you mention specifically by which means has he encouraged Cultism and which among his commisioners are cultist? Nonsence!
No2. Who never rig election before?
No.3, he works with directives from GEJ. stop saying rubbish.
7. For you information, Akpabio never give out contract to indiginous firms, he works with foreigners (JULIUS BERGER, RAYGON, NIGERPET, ASUMEK...etc so i dont know What ur talking about.
No.5 ur a big liar.
No.10 have u gone round Akwa Ibom state or ur just opening ur mouth wide like a child that just swallowed life bees.
Oldnyoung:
Akpabio has really performed n deserve a listing for both evil n semblance of good, Let me simplify with these points:
1. Akwa ibom witnessed the highest number of political killings under his watch
2. He is a seasoned election rigger that tolerates no opposition
3. He deserves an award for weakening n eventually splitting d govs forum
4. Has d highest security vote in d country
5. Divides AKS along ethnic lines. A split that causes enmity even at d grassroots
6. Build n refurbish roads using Julius Berger as conduit
7. Award all major contracts to his immediate brothers n d wife's siblings
8. A state where 90% of the citizens are hungry n very poor
9. No respect for other arms of govt like judiciary n legislature. He even rubbished a serving senator by virtually recalling him over the media n appointing him a campaign mgr without the mans knowledge
10. No even Dev in AKS. Take a tour outside Uyo and Ikot Ekpene senatorial district, then the list will be fine tuned.
11. Lastly, he encourages cultism in the state. All his PAs and commissioners are known cultists.
Don't remove the name. Don't. Don't .... ...................

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by mrsolutionm(m): 5:28am On Jun 03, 2013
This list is of a grave fallacy with peter obi's name there,I stay in anambra state awka 2 be precise no let amadioha vex oh,not even rochas name on d list,well everybody is entitled 2 his or her opinion
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by raphealolami(m): 5:35am On Jun 03, 2013
Babosa: Owelle Rochas Okorocha of Imo State is doing wonders in that state. He slashed his own security vote and used the money to fund education.

Aregbesola of Osun did not slash his, he used all for Osun Youth Empowerment Scheme. †ђξ progress going on in osun with not up to 3yrs in office is far more than †ђξ allocation of Osun. Kudos to him. I think he should make †ђξ list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by rooftech: 5:36am On Jun 03, 2013
ujoinme: Great list, Akpabio is a shinning light amongst the host.
A great project manager thats delivering impactful projects in his state and is totally commited to uplifting the life of citizen of his state.
i agree with all the 5 gov. they are equally great.

the man has 2 projects done press pr and settlement. fraud, conartist
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by jude33084(m): 6:16am On Jun 03, 2013
I have noticed that nobody is criticing Adams? Does it mean that he has really well for his people? undecided
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 6:25am On Jun 03, 2013
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Zonacom(m): 6:26am On Jun 03, 2013
Next time when making analysis like this, base it on the south strictly, that way, it would be more understandable. Nairalanders constantly make the mistake of relegating the north whenever they post stuff like this and i ask why? If you dont travel, simply leave stuff like this for travellers. Northern governors like jonah jang are doing great based on the nigeria standard at least
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 6:26am On Jun 03, 2013

[img]http://
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 6:29am On Jun 03, 2013
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by LaryBoy(m): 6:29am On Jun 03, 2013
[quote author=cnnamoko]After Naija numerous missionary journeys, these outstanding governors are determined to turn things around in Nigeria. or What do you think?
1. Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State
2. Gov. Fashola of Lagos State.
3. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers
4. Gov. Uduagha of Delta State.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by pastormmadu(m): 6:29am On Jun 03, 2013
mrsolutionm: This list is of a grave fallacy with peter obi's name there,I stay in anambra state awka 2 be precise no let amadioha vex oh,not even rochas name on d list,well everybody is entitled 2 his or her opinion
y do anambrarians hardly appreciate good thing? I stay in onitsha, am 4rm aguata. I shuttle round anambra 4 my biz and cn only tel u Obi is d best tin dat have eva hapend 2 anambra. Lets iron it out, in wat aspect do u think Obi have failed? Be straight forward and dnt beat around d bush
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 6:30am On Jun 03, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Details Of Kogi Zenith Bank Transactions / PDP Flags Removed From Imo Government House After Supreme Court Judgement / Bandits Kill 42 In Zamfara Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.