Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria (39557 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by searay(m): 6:30am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile: apabio is promising?

A crooked and lawless election rigger is promising?

A bad and corrupt financial manager dishing state money on frivolous nonsense like luxury jeeps for celebrities and sending people to dubai is promising?

A man whose budget is the largest in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it?

A man who is using dummy Tropicana project to loot the state? N75 billion abandoned project?

May God help Nigeria or maybe I should say you already corrupt leaders of tomorow..

1.0. With due respect Sir kindly keep your hatred for Akpabio aside. Akpabio did not rig any election he only believe in zonning. Infact research had shown that Akpabio was not even in the state when the said election was done.

2.0. Inasmuch as I don't like Akpabio as a person but coming back N.Y.Service and couldn't recognised my father's compound proved to me that Akpabio is a great performer. The budget corellate with what is on ground.

3.0. For those shouting for Aregbesola, I served in Osun and couldn't mention more than "O'YES" done by the governor. Please come down South to Akwa Ibom and see things for yourself

4.0. Akpabio is a cheerful giver or should I call him a philantropist? He started giving when He was not yet a governor. I recalled once when he bought cars for almost all the paramount rulers.

Finally, I still hate Akpabio. I don't even know the reason.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by pastormmadu(m): 6:32am On Jun 03, 2013
cardoso111: Dr Aliyu Babangida
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola
Hon Rotimi Amaechi
Adams Oshiomhole
Abiola Ajimobi
Go and see what they have been doing doing for their people!!!

aliyu? How, in wat aspect?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 6:33am On Jun 03, 2013
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 03, 2013
i ll give it to those govanos at loggerheards with the govt at the centr yet are still doing wonderfully well eg fashola and amaechi. pls modify that list and replace obi with rochas or even chime....i ve been hearing some not so good news abt adams tho
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by clerkent(m): 6:36am On Jun 03, 2013
xynerise: Is either Rochas Okorocha on that list or I quit Nairaland
gbam
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by chuksvee(m): 6:38am On Jun 03, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Rochas Okorocha should be the first in that list. Judging that he has stayed on 2 years in office to oda governors who has stayed a minimum of 6 years but the transformation agenda of this man is exergerated. Go to imo state and see by yourself. Only 2 years in office
rochas is d best governor in Nigeria,, so d list is fake
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by MaziOmenuko: 6:39am On Jun 03, 2013
What is the criteria the OP used in coming up with the list? Did he visit all the states? Conduct a poll or dish out questionnaires? What were his indexes? There are areas you could consider and your list becomes a hogwash; eg, if you put in respect for rule of law, honesty and integrity; then Akpabio's name will be struck out.
Again, if you consider security, finance management and healthcare, then T.a orji of Abia will make your list.

So what's ur criteria?

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Maxymilliano(m): 6:45am On Jun 03, 2013
In no particular order

Rochas Okorocha
Sule Lamido
Segun Mimiko
are promising governors when assessed with the same yardstick as others listed by the Op
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by godrate(m): 6:45am On Jun 03, 2013
where is rochas okorocha?your list is not complete.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by joeluv: 6:47am On Jun 03, 2013
I was in owerri expecting to see some mega transformation. Buh to be honest the town is still like a village, no taxis. Keke all over. Just one major road that cut my eye. Anyway may be roachas is working in the villages cos as for owerri town.it still has a long way to go!
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by kalunomics(m): 6:48am On Jun 03, 2013

A bad and corrupt financial manager dishing state money on frivolous nonsense like luxury jeeps for celebrities and sending people to dubai is promising?

A man whose budget is the largest in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it?

A man who is using dummy Tropicana project to loot the state? N75 billion abandoned project?

May God help Nigeria or maybe I should say you already corrupt leaders of tomorow..
stop spewing thrash mr. Tribalist! You analyse more than all the multiple organisations, both local and international, that has rated him the bes governor in Nigeria?
I know the reason why you all are hyping Amaechi now is because he's posing as an opposition to GEJ now. Last three months that I checked, PDP never had any progressive Governor in any Pro-APC's books.
Why would you lots let sentiment to always be a gard of posts?

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by baron2000(m): 6:50am On Jun 03, 2013
garydana001: WHY IS gOV, ROCHAS OKOROCHA NOT LISTED HERE? THIS POST IS THE LIKES OF YORUBA CAMPAIGN TEAM, I STAND NOT TO BE CORRECTED.

I'm sure this guy lost his brain. How many "yoruba gov" you see there? Mumu!
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by baron2000(m): 6:50am On Jun 03, 2013
garydana001: WHY IS gOV, ROCHAS OKOROCHA NOT LISTED HERE? THIS POST IS THE LIKES OF YORUBA CAMPAIGN TEAM, I STAND NOT TO BE CORRECTED.

I'm sure this guy lost his brain. How many "yoruba gov" you see there? Mumu!
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 6:52am On Jun 03, 2013
cheesy
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by pendusky(m): 6:55am On Jun 03, 2013

are u Akwaibomite? Huh? If not theres no reason reply dis trash u comment. @op nice list esp no 1. And hes the 1st Among them! Akpabio ADO OKAY!
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by kcspark: 6:55am On Jun 03, 2013
Theodore Orji suppose to be 1st on that list to compare what are others are doing for their dear state
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by galadima77(m): 6:59am On Jun 03, 2013
Oya naw! lets have d bottom list....abeg no one should even contest with our dear Niger state thief or sorry chief servant....come and see what misguided electorates can do to themselves...even voted a second term for d man sha!
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by emekatimsu(m): 6:59am On Jun 03, 2013
Missonas: Nos 2,3 and 5 are verified!
What is the basis for the verification?
Am sure u are not about telling me they constructed 1000km or more of road in all the LGA of their various state because if road construction shuld be d basis of Judging them, then all the various state govts are also working because there is no state govt that have not constructed road since inception.
The OP shuld elaborate us on there various lundable achievement before i comment futher.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by adoken: 7:01am On Jun 03, 2013
1. Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State
2. Gov. Fashola of Lagos State.
3. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers
4. Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra state
5. Gov. Adams Oshiomole of Edo
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by pendusky(m): 7:01am On Jun 03, 2013
searay:

1.0. With due respect Sir kindly keep your hatred for Akpabio aside. Akpabio did not rig any election he only believe in zonning. Infact research had shown that Akpabio was not even in the state when the said election was done.

2.0. Inasmuch as I don't like Akpabio as a person but coming back N.Y.Service and couldn't recognised my father's compound proved to me that Akpabio is a great performer. The budget corellate with what is on ground.

3.0. For those shouting for Aregbesola, I served in Osun and couldn't mention more than "O'YES" done by the governor. Please come down South to Akwa Ibom and see things for yourself

4.0. Akpabio is a cheerful giver or should I call him a philantropist? He started giving when He was not yet a governor. I recalled once when he bought cars for almost all the paramount rulers.

grin grin
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by kalunomics(m): 7:04am On Jun 03, 2013
joeluv: I was in owerri expecting to see some mega transformation. Buh to be honest the town is still like a village, no taxis. Keke all over. Just one major road that cut my eye. Anyway may be roachas is working in the villages cos as for owerri town.it still has a long way to go!
I've lived in Owerri all my life and I can authoritatively tell you that he(Rochas) is working. Maybe you wanted to compare Owerri to Wuse or the Lagos Island which in either case, Owerri becomes a village.

The man had already been there for only two years and the transformation experienced in the state can be compared to that of six years of most southern states.

My candid opinion is -"he is being over-hyped by the folks here because Chime and Akpobio's achievements still dwarfs Rochas' in terms of infrastructure", Maybe because the later has been there for six years... So let's keep our fingers crossed until after four years.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Davo93(m): 7:06am On Jun 03, 2013
This list is biased!!! Where is Dr Olusegun Mimiko??
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Prince0500(m): 7:07am On Jun 03, 2013
Rochas' name should occupy the no 1 position,jst two years in office ,the records are there 4 verificatn.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by musiwa26: 7:09am On Jun 03, 2013
4 years Ondo state after

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by mega360: 7:11am On Jun 03, 2013
@ops before the count of three please remove Peter Obi from that list and replace with sullivan or rochas.1,2....
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Rednose: 7:20am On Jun 03, 2013
Is it possible that other promising governors have been ignored, there have to be more promising governors besides these 5.

So how have these 5 governors improved electricity in their states?

Speaking of electricity, please visit the Do Generator Dealers Contribute To The Power Failure In The Country? thread https://www.nairaland.com/1310287/generator-dealers-contribute-power-failure .

It is so important that this community discuss more of development issues. We need to grow this Nation. Nigeria needs to move up to being 'developed', and with this forum we can join Nigerians who have bettered Nigeria in various ways.

https://www.nairaland.com/1310287/generator-dealers-contribute-power-failure
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 03, 2013
pastor mmadu:
y do anambrarians hardly appreciate good thing? I stay in onitsha, am 4rm aguata. I shuttle round anambra 4 my biz and cn only tel u Obi is d best tin dat have eva hapend 2 anambra. Lets iron it out, in wat aspect do u think Obi have failed? Be straight forward and dnt beat around d bush

My brother, thank you very much, I have taken my seat beside you to hear how he has misruled too. For a state that owes no body any debt and still parades one of the best network of roads, connecting towns, created jobs through private sectors, I stay outside the state but used to live there, when I visit now, I tell myself the truth, he does not deserve all this backlash, and as far as nigeria goes, he is among the best performed. I am very much worried about the huge borrowing of some govs yet nothing remarkable to show nor investment to recoup it, when the chicken will come to roost...
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by nduchig(m): 7:25am On Jun 03, 2013
WHAT ABOUT THIS MAN? HE IS PROMISING TOO AT LEAST FOR COMMISSIONING AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING WITH THE PROMISE OF COMPLETING IT NEXT TENURE. LOL

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by babadem2much(m): 7:26am On Jun 03, 2013
cnnamoko: After
Naija numerous missionary journeys, these outstanding governors are
determined to turn things around in Nigeria. or What do you think?
1. Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State
2. Gov. Fashola of Lagos State.
3. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers
4. Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra state
5. Gov. Adams Oshiomole of Edo

Guy u badt die, so nobody from the North? u mek me laff wit 1 teeth. smh
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 03, 2013
What the heck is Amaechi and Obi doing on that list? The governors doing well are Akpabio, Fashola, Sullivan Chime of my dear state, Oshiomole, Sule lamido etc if u agree wit me hit like abeg

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by pendusky(m): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2013
kcjazz:
tongue
lol atleast you guys in Delta get to watch epl and champions league matches on large electronic billboards for FREE. Effurun roundabout or Nnebisi road on wednesday nites is every soccer lovers dream

imagine the number of nationwide tvs when he becomes president. Thats a lot of promise!
grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Who Knelt Down Before Atiku Abubakar Bashed Online / Aisha Buhari's Brief Profile In Picture / Troops Neutralize A Female Suicide Bomber At Yamtake, Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.