Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,354 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria (39559 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by DONJBC: 10:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
Rochas is the first

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Giftdavids(m): 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
doublecross: For where? Who dash monkey banana?
lyk cwiosly? Y dont u take a trip there, atleast i'm talkin 4rm wat i saw! D guy dey try jare...
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Giftdavids(m): 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
doublecross: For where? Who dash monkey banana?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

LOL. That's probably because he's usually dead, dying, or missing.

Do you EVEN know where Enugu is? That guy is doing wonders quietly! Compared with my Imo state, he's fantastic!
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by talk2s(m): 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
ecoli: you know nothing about Akpabio. Only meaningful project are road and airport, the others done by Akpabio are useless and substandard. There is no company functioning optimally in akwa ibom, 60% of akwa ibomites are jobless.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by ujoinme: 12:10am On Jun 04, 2013
Anyone who is against akpabios # i spot on the list of nigerian best performing governors should tell us who deserve his spot and line his achievement against akpabio for the forum to c . not all there repeated palmwine palour here say about a governor.
By the way 98% of nigerians wish to have a governor like akpabio.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by fony245(m): 2:21am On Jun 04, 2013
Yeah....
you are right, Gov. Godswill Akpabio deserved the first on the list
because of His Uncommon Transformation in the state.......May God continue
to bless Akwa Ibom .
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by pastormmadu(m): 6:31am On Jun 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
This is what i've been trying to tell them but they don't listen. They keep believing in the delusion that Obi is the best thing since fried rice. They keep naming the fact that he has connected all the rural areas with roads and i find that laughable because a state like Anambra should be thinking farther than donating sowing machine to women. This is the reason i keep clamoring for Soludo because when i saw his manifesto in 2010, i was convinced that the man knows the potentials of Anambra and knows how to tap into these potentials. We have our eyes at Onitsha and Nnewi to be counted among the new emerging cities with huge industries to show for it. We want Anambra to take it's place as the most urbanized territories in Africa and the world. Is that too much to ask?
as a man wit potential, lets assume u wil succeed obi in 2014, wat wil u do 2 make anambra compete wit other african cities?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 04, 2013
pastor mmadu:
as a man wit potential, lets assume u wil succeed obi in 2014, wat wil u do 2 make anambra compete wit other african cities?

ehem, mony sir. I am sitting beside you with pen and paper. Please responses should be fraternal o, the man na pastor o.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by pastormmadu(m): 6:54am On Jun 04, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Show pics/videos of what Obi has done in the last two years (which can't be seen anywhere) like Musiwa did for Ondo, or please keep quiet. For all the potential Anambra has, i'm a bit disappointed with what i've seen thus far, given that Obi has spent 7 years now as Governor. I'll score him 55%.
if u want 2 see his achievement, come 2 anambra, try and visit al d 21 local govt, wen investigating, dnt limit 2 road construction. Consider agriculture, equiping primary, secondary and tetiary schools, health, especialy general hospitals and ansu teaching hospitals, in sports, do u knw many lg hav mini stadiums? Employment...many graduates r smiling nw, courtesy of many private investors dat Obi brought 2 d state. Development is nt abt concentrating in building edifices in d capital only, wen other lg's r ignored. Plz, obi have scored more than every gov except fashola. Its only lagos and anambra dat development r going round every local govt

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by dovemart(m): 7:14am On Jun 04, 2013
dabrake: who put peter obi name for that list?
God 4bid. I from Anambra State but I don't want to hear Peter or even Obi here again ooo.. Even a Councilor here in Rivers State has better agenda than him.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 04, 2013
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2013
dovemart:
God 4bid. I from Anambra State but I don't want to hear Peter or even Obi here again ooo.. Even a Councilor here in Rivers State has better agenda than him.

Abeg which Rivers state you de? Abeg tell me wetin Amaechi do to justify how much he gets as revenue plus what he borrowed from banks running into millions of dollars. I wan go mechanic sef go replace suspension for my motor now now, abegi. No be say e no work o, but compare na.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2013
Zona.com:
Next time when making analysis like this, base it on the south strictly, that way, it would be more understandable. Nairalanders constantly make the mistake of relegating the north whenever they post stuff like this and i ask why? If you dont travel, simply leave stuff like this for travellers. Northern governors like jonah jang are doing great based on the nigeria standard at least

Abegi!!!

There's nothing happening in the north and you know it. In Kano, Kwankwaso is busy arranging marriages for widows under Islamic Law and wrangling with transport companies over land. Kaduna has stagnated ever since Ahmed Makarfi stepped down. There's nothing going on in Kebbi. The kind of development you want us to celebrate Jonah Jang for is the type that loses you an election as a governor in other climes. The old man is busy and neck-deep into the tribal wrangling in his state. Niger State has never had it so bad and the loud-mouthed and unprincipled governor there has to be one of the worst state governors around.

At any rate, no one really cares about what goes on in the north tbh. Keep the agricultural produce coming and we be cool. cool
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by tunwe(m): 9:13am On Jun 04, 2013
Inik: Platinum list
Godswill Akpabio
Babatunde fashola
Adams oshiomole
Rotimi Amechi
Sullivan Chime

Gold list
Sule Lamido
Rochas okorocha
Rauf Aregbosola
Liyel imokeqdd
Ibrahim Shema

Silver List
Abdul Abubarkar
Olusegun mimiko
Kayode Fayemi
Idris Wada
Mukhtar Yero

Failures

Theodore orji
Emmanuel Uduaghan
Timipre sylva
Babangida Aliyu
All other unmentioned governors. What about Kano governor? He is. Investing heavily on human capital
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by RICHARDSYD: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2013
Gov. T.A Orji. He spent 4.6 billion naira doing federal roads in abaia state.Aba ikot ekpene uyo road inclusivie.
Great man.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2013
pastor mmadu:
if u want 2 see his achievement, come 2 anambra, try and visit al d 21 local govt, wen investigating, dnt limit 2 road construction. Consider agriculture, equiping primary, secondary and tetiary schools, health, especialy general hospitals and ansu teaching hospitals, in sports, do u knw many lg hav mini stadiums? Employment...many graduates r smiling nw, courtesy of many private investors dat Obi brought 2 d state. Development is nt abt concentrating in building edifices in d capital only, wen other lg's r ignored. Plz, obi have scored more than every gov except fashola. Its only lagos and anambra dat development r going round every local govt

The issue is that none of those things has been noticed by any outsider that visits Anambra State. Obi's roads are known as NDDC roads and that is why nobody will show the pictures. Here are some of the roads. He is said to have done only 600km of narrow single lane roads with few having open drainage, no streetlights and no walkways.

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by pastormmadu(m): 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

The issue is that none of those things has been noticed by any outsider that visits Anambra State. Obi's roads are known as NDDC roads and that is why nobody will show the pictures. Here are some of the roads. He is said to have done only 600km of narrow single lane roads with few having open drainage, no streetlights and no walkways.
sir, d location of ur pics plz?
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2013
ujoinme: Anyone who is against akpabios # i spot on the list of nigerian best performing governors should tell us who deserve his spot and line his achievement against akpabio for the forum to c . not all there repeated palmwine palour here say about a governor.
By the way 98% of nigerians wish to have a governor like akpabio.

90 WHAT?

98% OF RE-TARDED NIGERIANS ONLY. grin
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
pastor mmadu:
sir, d location of ur pics plz?

Don't bother yourself with that clown. He is suffering from complex over non performance of roches even after heaping so much debt on the poor people of imo state with nothing on the ground to show for it.
Abagworo fyi: Imo state remains a rural state when compared to Anambra state. Till today 1/3 of imo state population are living and earning a living in Anambra. It is a known fact that there is no single Anambran living in imo state nor anywhere near it. This simple analysis will show where there is development. Today over 1/3 of young imo graduates are working in Anambra courtesy of Obi industrialization drive. While roches is busy painting roads built by Mbakwe 20yrs ago. Borrowing heavily to enrich tinubu and his hausa cousins to the detriment of gullible imo people like this clown called abagworo.

Obi' achievement will take Roches 28yrs to reach. That is a bitter pill you have to take.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

Maybe on individual basis "yes" but with reservations. More than half of Anambra live outside their State. In fact they are the most displaced Igbos followed by my own Imo(Mainly the Orlu area). However standard of living is much higher in Imo.

Like I said earlier I've withdrawn my criticism of Obi because I recently discovered that Anambra and most Nigerian States do not have the resources. I was erroneously comparing him with Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and Lagos who are earning 5 times more than other States and having same level of responsibility. Truth be told the quality of roads done by Obi are poor but still good. He has managed his little resources better than Akpabio. Imagine if he gets 16 to 20billion a month like Akpabio.

oga Abagworo, you said this in an earlier thread that had pics of his works.

Obi Achievement In Anambra State With
Pictures - Politics - Nairaland
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Don't bother yourself with that clown. He is suffering from complex over non performance of roches even after heaping so much debt on the poor people of imo state with nothing on the ground to show for it.
Abagworo fyi: Imo state remains a rural state when compared to Anambra state. Till today 1/3 of imo state population are living and earning a living in Anambra. It is a known fact that there is no single Anambran living in imo state nor anywhere near it. This simple analysis will show where there is development. Today over 1/3 of young imo graduates are working in Anambra courtesy of Obi industrialization drive. While roches is busy painting roads built by Mbakwe 20yrs ago. Borrowing heavily to enrich tinubu and his hausa cousins to the detriment of gullible imo people like this clown called abagworo.

Obi' achievement will take Roches 28yrs to reach. That is a bitter pill you have to take.

You are making personal assumptions based totally on sentiments and not reality. The pictures are from Lilu and Awka-Etiti for the free minded ones. FYI there are far more Imolites in Abia and Rivers than any other states. Maybe few Orlu drug dealers at Head bridge is giving you a false feeling. Meanwhile majority of Igbos outside Igboland are from Anambra and that does not make Anambrians poor or undeveloped.

What I keep saying is that Peter Obi failed woefully. Theodore Orji also did exactly the same type of roads as Obi and attracted more industries and investments than Obi but both of them made no impact on the physical development of their States.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

You are making personal assumptions based totally on sentiments and not reality. The pictures are from Lilu and Awka-Etiti for the free minded ones. FYI there are far more Imolites in Abia and Rivers than any other states. Maybe few Orlu drug dealers at Head bridge is giving you a false feeling. Meanwhile majority of Igbos outside Igboland are from Anambra and that does not make Anambrians poor or undeveloped.

What I keep saying is that Peter Obi failed woefully. Theodore Orji also did exactly the same type of roads as Obi and attracted more industries and investments than Obi but both of them made no impact on the physical development of their States.

Now the comparism with Orji is what I call untrue sir.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
Step2002:

oga Abagworo, you said this in an earlier thread that had pics of his works.

Obi Achievement In Anambra State With
Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

You are right because one cannot compare 30billion with 3billion. That's impossible. Most States have recurrent expenditure of over 1.5billion with Akwa-Ibom inclusive. Anambra has only 1.5billion to work with while Akwa-Ibom has 28.5billion.

If T.A. Orji is given 30billion monthly, he'll be the best Governor.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

Now the comparism with Orji is what I call untrue sir. Such rural areas as seen in that pix hadly get a visit from the governor in other states. Lilu cannot boast of a tarred road since colonial era. I travel through awka-etiti now from PH to awka, who would have dreamt of it pre obi? do not even want to mention other choices I now have, through akwaeze-neni, obeledu-ichida, Igboukwu- adazi all to awka via agulu-nise-amawbia, agulu-mbaukwu-nibo-awka. I do not want to include other communities like awgbu,umuawulu ,aguluuzoigbo etc that were previously no-go arears.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Ozonna(m): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
touch4mony: am from imo state and I stay in river state Rochas and Amechi should not b on this list cos they hv not done anything for them to b in that list,apart from the new govt house Rochas built which other project has he completed and house does that affect we the masses.imo ppl will soon kw the true Rochas.Oshiomoles 2 yrs in office is better than Amechi 8yrs when u check there monthly allocations u see wat am talking about.I think chime of enugu should b there if not for his health issues .

Even with Chime's health issues, you can't mention 5 best perfoming Govs without mentioning Sullivan Chime
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by EASTSIDAZ: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

It is on record that Anambra has more road infrastructure that touched entire community, making the state a one-city state due attendant rapid urbanization. On the othe hand Anambra has attracted more investment than all the SE put together.

It is on record that imo state population in Anambra state ranks 3rd after Rivers and lagos. It is on record that imo state people see Anambra as there greener pasture- (where they can survive economically unlike dry imo state), the same they see othe major states as Rivers, lagos and kano.

It is on record that Roches failed intoto in all areas of development in imo state despite massive debt he has incurred with nothing to show on the ground except ofcos clueless projects like bring civil servants to march under heavy sun.

The question I want ask you ..why is it that your graduates don't stay back to develop your imo state , they rather jump unto a bus head to PH, Onitsha or lagos?

Today some neighborhoods in Onitsha has been overtaken by your people who are invading and relocating to Anambra on daily basis. This is a sign of developed and evolved state unlike imo state. Till today there is no single Anambra living in imo state

Obi has touched all sectors: industrialization/employment, education, roads, health, agriculture, etc. Today small town as Nnewi alone has more banks than entire imo state, let's not mention Onitsha which only second to lagos in cash mobilization and bank branch network.

In all fairness Anambra is in the same league with lagos,Rivers and kano. Imo state is rated alongside Gombe, Ebonyi, ekiti, oshun etc.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
Step2002:

Now the comparism with Orji is what I call untrue sir. Such rural areas as seen in that pix hadly get a visit from the governor in other states. Lilu cannot boast of a tarred road since colonial era. I travel through awka-etiti now from PH to awka, who would have dreamt of it pre obi? do not even want to mention other choices I now have, through akwaeze-neni, obeledu-ichida, Igboukwu- adazi all to awka via agulu-nise-amawbia, agulu-mbaukwu-nibo-awka. I do not want to include other communities like awgbu,umuawulu ,aguluuzoigbo etc that were previously no-go arears.

If you read my post well, you'd admit I clearly stated that he worked on over 600km of roads. The only issue is that the roads are narrow single lanes without walkways, few with drainages and most without streetlights. I responded to "why people are not showing pictures from Anambra State". Even if you show the entire stretch of roads, they won't still look appealing to the eyes.

Quite unlike what you tend to think Orji has worked greatly on rural roads too but none is appealing to the eyes. Examples are these ones in Obikabia and Umueze-Agbor.

Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

It is on record that Anambra has more road infrastruction that touched entire community, making the state a one-city state due attendant rapid urbanization. On the othe hand Anambra has attracted more investment than all the SE put together.

It is on record that imo state population in Anambra state ranks 3rd after Rivers and lagos. It is on record that imo state people see Anambra as there greener pasture, the same they see othe major states as Rivers, lagos and kano.

The question I want ask you ..why is it that your graduates don't stay back to develop your imo state , they rather jump unto a bus head to PH, Onitsha or lagos?

Today some neighborhoods in Onitsha has been overtaken by your people who are invading and relocating to Anambra on daily basis. This is a sign of developed and evolved state unlike imo state. Till today there is no single Anambra living in imo state

Obi has touched all sectors: industrialization/employment, education, roads, health, agriculture, etc. Today small town as Nnewi alone has more banks than entire imo state, let's not mention Onitsha which only second to lagos in cash mobilization and bank branch network.

In all fairness Anambra is in the same league with lagos,Rivers and kano. Imo state is rated alongside Gombe, Ebonyi, ekiti, oshun etc.

I'll open another thread on Orlu (2nd largest city Imo) vs Nnewi (2nd largest city Anambra) if you continue with this kind of sentimental remarks. There are more banks in Orlu than Nnewi today. Maybe 2 years ago it was different.

I've never met a graduate wanting to live in Onitsha all my life. You can create a poll here on Nairaland. Its Owerri and Enugu that most graduates prefer in the Southeast.

Imo and Osun are probably the brightest States in Nigeria today. Lagos is on a league of its own while Port Harcourt is on another level. It is not for petty traders.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Step2002:

Abeg which Rivers state you de? Abeg tell me wetin Amaechi do to justify how much he gets as revenue plus what he borrowed from banks running into millions of dollars. I wan go mechanic sef go replace suspension for my motor now now, abegi. No be say e no work o, but compare na.

Guy, I equally live in PHC, and I must confess that Amaechi has tried oh. The PHC I left in 2007 is way different from the city I met years later. The problem with the governor was that he talked a lot, but the implementation of these projects tend to come in abit late. Still, he deserves a pat on the back.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Abagworo:

I'll open another thread on Orlu (2nd largest city Imo) vs Nnewi (2nd largest city Anambra) if you continue with this kind of sentimental remarks. There are more banks in Orlu than Nnewi today. Maybe 2 years ago it was different.

I've never met a graduate wanting to live in Onitsha all my life. You can create a poll here on Nairaland. Its Owerri and Enugu that most graduates prefer in the Southeast.

Imo and Osun are probably the brightest States in Nigeria today. Lagos is on a league of its own while Port Harcourt is on another level. It is not for petty traders.

Easy easy bros, do not derail, we miss a lot when we go into such comparisms, let's focus on what this guys have done or have not...some of us may want to truely know what is expected by the electorate. You never know who is watching.
Re: 5 Most Promising Governors In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

It is on record that Anambra has more road infrastructure that touched entire community, making the state a one-city state due attendant rapid urbanization. On the othe hand Anambra has attracted more investment than all the SE put together.

It is on record that imo state population in Anambra state ranks 3rd after Rivers and lagos. It is on record that imo state people see Anambra as there greener pasture- (where they can survive economically unlike dry imo state), the same they see othe major states as Rivers, lagos and kano.

It is on record that Roches failed intoto in all areas of development in imo state despite massive debt he has incurred with nothing to show on the ground except ofcos clueless projects like bring civil servants to march under heavy sun.

Abeg bros, let's just focus on Obi please, I believe he gave his view, you can enlighten us gently without picking up a fight among sister states.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Physically-challenged Nigerians, Serves Them Food / Buhari Orders Details Of Kogi Zenith Bank Transactions / PDP Flags Removed From Imo Government House After Supreme Court Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.