Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice (13258 Views)

I Have Like 10million I Set Aside For Investment/business, Please Advice Me / OIL & GAS FACILITATION Business-please Call / If You Live In America And Are Interested In Business, Please Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
Take em side by side
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Jobabori(m): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
GaNdaLf_d_GrEaT:

a begi which kin Dogs u dey breed. what breed of dogs are they, and how many are they. how often do they give birth, and average number of litter do they give.
Thank you King Solomon, the wise one. If he can make such a huge amount without seeking for advise, why is he bothering us now?I smell rat.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Jobabori(m): 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
booqee: wtf?? 3.5million naira?? So what happened to all that money?? Ur a liar, go and find something to do my friend.
Probably he bagged first class in partial- truth.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by UyiIredia(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jobabori:
Probably he bagged first class in partial- truth.

If you had done a bit of research on the OP by reading his comments and looking at his profile you'll have seen he was saying the truth. Of course, faceless people like you do talk nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jobabori:
Thank you King Solomon, the wise one. If he can make such a huge amount without seeking for advise, why is he bothering us now?I smell rat.
am tinking abt forfeiting my edu and focus on biznes xo i needed help decide at least wit ppu comment on this topic av evaluated both nd alxo cos of the loan i wnted to collect
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
u guys dnt undastand the biz i av 3.5m i plan on buyin land(land in bdg is cheap) i would erect structures and buy more dogs so cn u pls do the maths
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
am tinking abt forfeiting my edu and
focus on biznes xo i needed help
decide at least wit ppu comment on
this topic av evaluated both nd alxo
cos of the loan i wnted to collect
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
booqee: wtf?? 3.5million naira?? So what happened to all that money?? Ur a liar, go and find something to do my friend.
i posted this to get advice i currently av 3.5mil i was tinkin of getting a land building structs on it and buyin dogs to fil d place up do the maths is 3.5m okay 4 dat xo i needed advice on the loan i wnted to take pls tink b4 u coment
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by adewaleh(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
IF YOU have a lucrative business, i think you should go into it, cuz there are lots of graduates out there who lack ideas on how to make money.. you see them seeking for jobs and end up sitting at home. pray to God to reveals what you want to know, and it will come to past. shalom. follow your heart.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by benzion72(m): 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
You don't need to leave school. Continue your business on part time basis. Degree may not worth much today but you may still need one and you can't afford to go Toronto or Oluwole style
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by UyiIredia(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
@ ehvez: It seems your preference is to forego tertiary education in order to focus on business. I support it. University education is compulsory if you want a career (especially in the academia or in an applied science). Success is not gotten by university but a passion to excellence. I am in a university and I have seen that many students are disenchanted with tertiary education because they have other interests or because they are too lazy. What you have and what is compulsory is literacy, analytical and social skills gotten in primary and secondary school. I'll advice you read books on business and hone your business acumen through going for lectures on the subject (these are advertized in the dailies). As Matthew Briggs rightly noted you should get a mentor. 'Nuff said.

That said I must commend you. Even some adults (like me) haven't earned the kind of money you have. I have met 27 year olds who are still financially dependent on their parents (one of them is in a university, one has finished yet is living in a flat rented for him by the parents). Neither do I know of one_not even one !_ that has made the kind of ROI you have. It's difficult since academic rigors puts a strain on them. I wish you the best in your chosen endeavour.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by UyiIredia(m): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
Please familiarize yourself with the concept of self-education before saying it's compulsory the OP goes to university.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by UyiIredia(m): 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
Faraday's laws are fundamental to Electrical engineering. He was self-taught and had little formal education. More examples of self-taught people here.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Fogman(m): 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
ehvez: am already into breeding of dogs nd i make 3.5m annualy

You can combine that with your education and grow with the capital you have. Gud luck
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Fogman(m): 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ekeeyhandsome: ......dude who told you that bizness without education is =failure?plisse stop discouraging the young war lord,cox I fink he is determined and dats the key to success....meanwhile my cousin is one of the most richest in my village and Lagos,he has morethan 50 sales girl, plus he didn't finished secondry skool...,

So, why didnt you drop out from school and follow ur cousin foot step?

Do ur finding, an average illitereate biz man wishes they were ecucated, reason most of them return to school or marry an educated woman.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Dubemkelly(m): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nice ambition,its all abt u knwing whr ur bread is buttered....Serzly ds dude has got vision, who says educatn z d bedrock Hu says no one can mk it wout educatn Well,everybody z entitled 2 deir own opinion, dere r peep hu aint academmically sound buh bizness wise,dey hv got d brain, everybody mustnt enter schl, no wonder we hv consistent mass failure in Jamb n SSCE exams, young men n women r being forced 2 go 2 schl, weda u hv passion or not, 4gettin dt everybody has got deir own vision....Young man,I think u hv found ur vision wid passion n its nw left 4 u 2 wrk on it bravely wout compromise, age aint maturity,u bred dogs n realised a whooping sum of 3.5mil,dat shws u r promising....Go wit ur hrt,u can stil enrol in2 bizness schl @ur convenience 2 get more xposed n try finish ur SSCE since u hv strted or still on it....Thumbs up
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Dracula27: 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
The business drive is already in you.
You should add an education to it.
Why have only one when you can have both? and besides no matter how well you do in business your not being educated would almost always be a sort of handicap.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by amba03: 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
Go to school to master a skill and be certified in it(engineering,accounting,law,chemistry,etc)not to get a ceremonial degree wey you no go fit use do nadda.
you can do your biz on campus environment(snack bar,restaurant,clothing and accessories,ipads/phones,biz center,photography etc).about #500,000,000 enters each naija university monthly.so na big market
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by benson3788(m): 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
ehvez: Aԁvicе For An Aѕрiring Young Еntrерrеnеur

please i need advice
Am a young guy of 17 years but seriously in love with business i want to forfeit my education to further my interest in business.my problem is my capital am thinking about getting a loan from the bank with the land and house my late mum left 4 us i.e me and my sis.but i dont know if i should go ahead with this.

Bro, education is and has always been paramont in life's good successes.
You claimed to breed dogs, and made about N3.5m, of which I solely believe is enough to be whatever you want to be in life; take it or drop it !
Did you do science in your secondary education? Did you finish with a good grade? If yes, I advice that you take up a part-time course on "animal science" or "animal health & production technology" to suit your claims, and you'll never regret you did. If you stay around Oyo State, I wish you check out "the federal college of animal health & production technology, Apata, Ibadan". They offer part-time & full time programmes in the relative fields.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE !
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by UyiIredia(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
malkia7:
Will you log out and go to school.

Sharrap !
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
ehvez: But thinking of the economy.Am jst realy confused i kinda started breeding dogs last year and i made about 3.5million by december so am thinking of going into it fully i hv cousins whu graduated 4 years ago and they r still at home looking for jobs i just dnt knw what to do anymore(and Steve Job also said d only way to do a good job is doing what you love)am think i love business nd i alxo belive everything in life is all abt taking risks
hmmm. U made N3.5mil last year and you're looking for a bank loan this year! If u really had such an amount and have nothing to show for it this year, except of course- a thread on nairaland that showcase your level of financial mismanagement,then i think business is NOT for u!
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by jovialebony(f): 8:24am On Sep 20, 2014
my dear, u can combine the two if u can.I did n I don't regret it today.as for borrowing, pls don't give away d only thing u guys hv left.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paint Making Emulsion, Texcote, Oil, Flex And Satin Paint / Dw Arerben Investment? Real Or Scam / >1.25 Odd <2.25 Odd Investment For Business Minded Punters Who Are Disciplined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.