Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice (13254 Views)

I Have Like 10million I Set Aside For Investment/business, Please Advice Me / OIL & GAS FACILITATION Business-please Call / If You Live In America And Are Interested In Business, Please Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
You can start but you will have to further your education, It's very important. Divide your time for your business and your studies. Trust in God and you will make it.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
All nigerians think about is "Prayer & Education" grin

No wonder we so underdeveloped... do yall know that economies dont grow unless people take risks? What is the chance of you getting a job after school in Nigeria anyway?
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
malkia7:

Will you log out and go to school.
dnt talk to me as if am yur kid
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Elxandre(m): 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
jmoore: @op, you can do both. >> National Open University of Nigeria gives you the flexibility.
Not a school i would advice any young dude to go. I swear that school is substandard!
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
ehvez: dnt talk to me as if am yur kid
What is your business?

i heard someone say you are breeding dogs, have you made revenue yet?
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
pleep: What is your business?

i heard someone say you are breeding dogs, have you made revenue yet?
yes
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
@ op better go and do your business going to school is a waste of time now see footballers muscians velebrities even the richest people inthe world didn't go to college, op go do ur business education is the padlock
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by trolling(m): 11:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
Nosyke: @Op, First of all I must commend you courage at this age, keep it up.
My advise to you is that whatever you do:
a. Dont drop education. Going to school is beyond acquiring certificates, it teaches you how to manage people (you relate with different kinds of students), how to meet deadlines and cope under pressure( the crazy asignments, term papers with ridiculous deadlines), how to multitask( writing different exam papers on the same day which you must prepare for), never quit attitude (you must definitely pass all your courses before you graduate). These skills are later on on applied in life and of course will be needed in your business. Like my dad will always say, even if you want to sell pepper, go to school,the way you sell you pepper will be different from the way a person that didnt go will sell. Like someone mentioned, you can do some less time consuming business in school to horn your business skills

b. Do not take a loanNomatter how sure you are of business, things might just go wrong,if this happens, what will be your (and your siblings') fate. I just cant imagine a kid of 17 with no place to stay (and maybe no eductaion). To get a loan from a bank is relatively easy (assuming you even had reached the age) but the same banker that smuiled to you will be the same person that will come to evict you from you property.

In any case, search yourself and pray to God for guidiance.

God Bless you
king solomon no go school o,so many people didnt get degrees to become rich o,all it takes is Gods favor n guidance,if i were in yr shoes,i would stick to business,people go to school to a get a degree so as to make money,so if u r making it already why go waste your mney on paper degrees,where there is no assurance,millions of people have degrees without nothing to show for it but a piece of paper,so fashi school and be prudent when doing business
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by jmoore(m): 12:17am On Jun 11, 2013
Elxandre:
Not a school i would advice any young dude to go. I swear that school is substandard!
NOUN is not for lazy students. It is the best choice for one that wants to work and learn.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by obibanks: 12:19am On Jun 11, 2013
hardbody:

Name the rich guys in Nigeria that did not go to school. You see the first signs of illiteracy on your random post. Is it Adenuga, Dangote, Late Fawehinmi, Otedola, Just name an illiterate amongst the big guns. You must be real small and thinking small...

I do not pity you, i pity whoever wants to join you because you have a tendency to pull others down because you are already somewhere there...

Dude please, I'm I the only one advising him to go to business, why are U̶̲̥̅̊ sayin I'm small & thinking small, did U̶̲̥̅̊ Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡​ M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Ɣ☺ΰя nightmare or did I block any opportunity Fø̲̣̣я̅ U̶̲̥̅̊, why are U̶̲̥̅̊ attacking M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥. Can't U̶̲̥̅̊ read well to see that I advised him to still try school or was there anywhere I completely said school Ȋ̝̊̅§ useless. Dude if U̶̲̥̅̊ hav issues, go and sort it urself and stop saying rubbish
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Elxandre(m): 12:25am On Jun 11, 2013
jmoore:
NOUN is not for lazy students. It is the best choice for one that wants to work and learn.
Nigerians dont know what quality education means. You think its just by reading substandard books and wielding a paper certificate that matters? Your choice...
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Elxandre(m): 12:39am On Jun 11, 2013
Dude talking from experience, i'd advice you to do your business because money is the ultimate achievement in life. I really regret opting to waste my time on JAMBs and the likes while throwing missing the chance to be a pro footballer. Anyways i got schooling in Ghana 2011 only to be messed up by money in 2nd year. cry

This people say money aint everything. but i tell you, lack of it can ruin everything that makes you.

So just go into the business, and try continuing with you university in a few years. This is what Dangote did.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Elxandre(m): 12:42am On Jun 11, 2013
And dont forget In Nigeria it will be better to be educated, even if its just your 1st degree ok! So at some point try to get a degree.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by megaphantom(m): 12:46am On Jun 11, 2013
Charlesedet25: @op, succezz don't mean u must be educated, goin 2 skul don't mean u ll hav moni, broda follow ur heart #buzinezz, dat may make way 4 u....... Be like Aliko dangote, i heard he didn't even go 2 skul, bt nw u already knw d story
lol....dangote go sch....he read buz.admin in a uni in egypt
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 11, 2013
ehvez: But thinking of the economy.Am jst realy confused[size=23pt] i kinda started breeding dogs last year and i made about 3.5million by december[/size] so am thinking of going into it fully i hv cousins whu graduated 4 years ago and they r still at home looking for jobs i just dnt knw what to do anymore(and Steve Job also said d only way to do a good job is doing what you love)am think i love business nd i alxo belive everything in life is all abt taking risks

You made Thirty Thousand US Dollars breeding diamonds sorry dogs.... Nna you have seriously dented your credibility... abi you imported daschunds and Terriers from US. I for one really feel proud that at this young age you are seriously thinking outside of the box unlike your mates, so you do not have to embellish your story to sound all uppity.

If you ask me, if judging what from what you have said about your dog breeding business then by all means don't abandon it. You have that piece of Land, put a small structure on, wire it and power the place, then build a medium sized kennel and really breed thoroughbred dogs, market aggressively to the people who would buy your puppies and employ professionals eg vets on a freelance level, market your puppies on a bespoke level... am sure you will be surely successful,

But absolutely do not forget your education while you are at it.!!!!!!!!!!!

He who hath ears let him hear.

4 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 11, 2013
NGN500,000 in 1975 in todays naira would be worth roughly SEVENTY FIVE MILLION NAIRA.

Thats the loan Dangote got from his family to start up something small, FESTAC was around the corner, so according to him he poured the whole sum into the Cement business that the building boom which FESTAC brought about had fueled!

NO ONE CAN REMAIN POOR WITH SUCH AN INFUSION OF "ARROGANT CAPITAL" IN THEIR LIVES.

2 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Elxandre(m): 1:39am On Jun 11, 2013
Ravenwolf: NGN500,000 in 1975 in todays naira would be worth roughly SEVENTY FIVE MILLION NAIRA.

Thats the loan Dangote got from his family to start up something small, FESTAC was around the corner, so according to him he poured the whole sum into the Cement business that the building boom which FESTAC brought about had fueled!

NO ONE CAN REMAIN POOR WITH SUCH AN INFUSION OF "ARROGANT CAPITAL" IN THEIR LIVES.

Help me tell those people who think he is special o. As for me, i only consider people with such outrageous capital at an early stage as EFFICIENT not SPECIAL
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Originalsly: 4:44am On Jun 11, 2013
Why can't you continue your studies and the business at the same time? School is not only for learning but also to make friends/contacts.Some food for thought:
"Don't go chasing waterfalls
Just stick to the rivers and streams that you're used to
I know it's your way or no way at all
You're moving too fast."
(Waterfalls....TLC)
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Skynet247(m): 5:09am On Jun 11, 2013
Op, how are your wonderful sister, let me believe your the first... Honestly, if you truely love busines... Follow your instincts, people saying go to skul is because the need school to succeed, your not they, for me, i both cater for my family and skul tngs n my mind, if you go to school, where wil ur sister go to? Bro since your a man...4get school for now,and train your sister... Your the man,its your sole responsibility, [NOBODI HERE HAD SAID ONE THING ABOUT HIS SISTER] or do you want her to go prositution,when your in skul? Asuming,your the only child..BETTER, another thng sale a land and start a busines,both online and ofline... While ur sis is in skul...your asistng her... THATS A TRUE BROTHER
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by jahlove4jah: 5:50am On Jun 11, 2013
ehvez: but even if i wait till then its still bizness i plan on doing so i tink its beta i start early

If you have opportunity,go to school. There is always a difference when a reasonable graduate manage a business.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by chipet67(m): 6:53am On Jun 11, 2013
Money first Money first Money first
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by chipet67(m): 6:54am On Jun 11, 2013
[color=#550000]Money first
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by chipet67(m): 6:56am On Jun 11, 2013
jahlove4jah:

If you have opportunity,go to school. There is always a difference when a reasonable graduate manage a business.
nice talk . Because even after going through the school, another captivating business might come into his mind.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 7:00am On Jun 11, 2013
Skynet247: Op, how are your wonderful sister, let me believe your the first... Honestly, if you truely love busines... Follow your instincts, people saying go to skul is because the need school to succeed, your not they, for me, i both cater for my family and skul tngs n my mind, if you go to school, where wil ur sister go to? Bro since your a man...4get school for now,and train your sister... Your the man,its your sole responsibility, [NOBODI HERE HAD SAID ONE THING ABOUT HIS SISTER] or do you want her to go prositution,when your in skul? Asuming,your the only child..BETTER, another thng sale a land and start a busines,both online and ofline... While ur sis is in skul...your asistng her... THATS A TRUE BROTHER
my sis is currently doin ha mastar
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by samseen02(m): 7:02am On Jun 11, 2013
If u really have this passion for business then I'll advise to go along with both. Because as for me that's what I'm doing and its really helping me. The reason is that I strongly believe in self empowerment because I can't start searching for unavailable job when I graduate. But please don't go for Loan you're just too young to understand the basics.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by jmoore(m): 7:09am On Jun 11, 2013
Elxandre:
Nigerians dont know what quality education means. You think its just by reading substandard books and wielding a paper certificate that matters? Your choice...

Are you NUC or what? Please finish your schooling in Ghana before you start criticizing. One can actually be educated without a certificate, you think education is all about certificates?
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by grego2(m): 7:38am On Jun 11, 2013
Obama did not go to school, even Queen of England, Hamid Karzai, Hague, China president Xi, kerry, German's Angela, Nelson Mandela, Jonathan, name them, all these leaders didn't go to school, Soludo, Sanusi, Okonjo-Iwala, most of d word leaders didn't go school. All the educated ones are dying of hunger....useless mindset.. I pity some people.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by peteafrik88(m): 8:04am On Jun 11, 2013
My own advice is not that you should go to school... That will be least thing I will tell you because the school does not teach one how to become an entrepreneur...
On the other hand, starting a business at this young age and in this perilious time, at the expense of one of your most valuable asset will not he the best idea.
I will gladly advice you to learn the trade or business you love first and become a master in the business you will like to do. You may become an apprentice to a good business man... You may do that without any form of remuration from him. Seek out one and go and talk to him, no matter the size of the business and build you knowledge base. Alot of business men will accept you as far as there is no financial responsibility involved.
It may beat you imagination that no matter what size of asset or colleteral you have for a bank to acquire some loan, they are 95% bound to turn such offer down because of lack of experience...
Another possible but delicate way to do this is to seek out an experienced partner/s in the type of business. Afterall it also a skill in entrepreneurs to find the best talents to start good businesses... TRUST is one of the major concerns of people in Nigeria.
For me, these are the best possible options for you at this young age. Alot of the successful entrepreneurs who failed a lot of times before reaching the pinnacle wont advice you to fail also to be like them... Some very talented ones also have failed and couldnt get back up to take their place in history and that is why their names are not on the MOST SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS MEN list.... We should always learn from their mistakes to build our success.
THANK YOU
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by WAP: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2013
The two are very important, do not leave one for the other. You can run the two concurrently.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by UyiIredia(m): 10:00am On Jun 11, 2013
achi4u: Op which kind of dogs did you breed that gives you about 3.5million,,,is it;

*british bulldog

*american dick tiger

*snoop dog

or our local BINGO and in what quantity and years were you into this breeding?

Please can you tell us whom you supplied and how much is par dog??..

...lets start frm here.

grin Papa wan learn from pikin.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by miccodb(m): 10:13am On Jun 11, 2013
whatever and however u decide to do it; jus get a cert.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paint Making Emulsion, Texcote, Oil, Flex And Satin Paint / Dw Arerben Investment? Real Or Scam / >1.25 Odd <2.25 Odd Investment For Business Minded Punters Who Are Disciplined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.