Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,143 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice (13253 Views)

I Have Like 10million I Set Aside For Investment/business, Please Advice Me / OIL & GAS FACILITATION Business-please Call / If You Live In America And Are Interested In Business, Please Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by rabdeluxe(m): 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Well a for Naija condition better go for bizness cheesy
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
@op school is overrated. Glad you discovered your passion on time. The greatest mistake now, is to never follow it.

I can testify to the benefit of following one's passion.
I finished sec sch... @ 14 , then went on to purse my passion and by 17 I worked in a company where I earned higher than even my manager who was a graduate, by 20 got a job offer to be paid 400k per month to do what i do best but turned it down to build my own company. I am glad with my progress so far even when I see my mate's as Msc holders. Tho my negligence toward education was by chance (couldn't get admission for many years) but it taught me a great deal in life. Till today I thank God for not giving me admission... I even got one atlast but am currently thinking of dropping out...

Back to you Op...You are not young to start up... education can come much later maybe around 20 if things are not going according to plan. I urge you to follow you dream... but as you do so increase your knowledge base by the side, read a lot of books relating to business expand your knowledge .. resesrch on topics that interest you.. for example I have loads of MBA books in my library even tho i never been in an MBA class courtesy the internet.

By the way before you take that loan, make sure you have a rock solid business plan and a well defined strategy., Also get yourself a mentor fast.

-Follow your heart, it knows what's right for you.- Steve Jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Melancholy(m): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
@op i guess u not the one in this situation, because if u can post this then no one should tell u that education is important.Go on a part-time study aiit?!
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by cycline404(m): 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
Well my own advice for the Boy his to @least know how read and write so they will not use simple grammar to cheat him later... undecided

Above all Educasion is gud.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by israelboy1(m): 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
I will advise u to go to school, cos when i was also 16, i was in higher institution, during my 1st here, i used it in studying the environment, and my second year, i was even giving jobs out and collecting my money.

Institution is the best place for business.
All those working around in the name of unemployment. I hate them, cos i tag them as too low in thinking, am nt proud, but just telling them the main fact. If the person that established the job they re seeking for still hv jst one head, nd its nt that dey hv (unemployed ones) hv half head, what re they waiting for.

Brb pls
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by SPSpecial(m): 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
As for me i dont just comment and i never mislead anyone........ listen carefully.
Your vision can not be well accomplised as you want if you have no education. Education will expand and broad your mind on business. You will think globally and go global. Dont let the money you are making now darken your sense of reasoning........ save them, when you graduated you use them to establish and even get loans then, you dont need to look for job.
A word is enough for the wise. dont listen to the advises of those that does not have vision nor dream.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
ehvez: Aԁvicе For An Aѕрiring Young Еntrерrеnеur

please i need advice
Am a young guy of 17 years but seriously in love with business i want to forfeit my education to further my interest in business.my problem is my capital am thinking about getting a loan from the bank with the land and house my late mum left 4 us i.e me and my sis.but i dont know if i should go ahead with this.
hell yea! go for it man. I was in the exact same situation as you when i was your age, but unfortunately i chose education grin

The problem with going to school is that you will end up in so much debt that it will be very hard to get the capital to start your business when you get out. So if u go to college, make sure you major in something profitable, and hopefully related to what you want to get involved in

A good major would be accounting
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 8:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
And don't listen to these people who say "17 is too young bla bla bla" the average 17 yr old is smarter than half these 40 yr old dumbasses
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 8:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Fogman: You are about to make the greatest mistake of your life. Education without business =Failure. Dont even think of using your inheritance for bank loan, you will everly regret it. Because you are an amateur in business and if not careful the loan will go down the drain
......dude who told you that bizness without education is =failure?plisse stop discouraging the young war lord,cox I fink he is determined and dats the key to success....meanwhile my cousin is one of the most richest in my village and Lagos,he has morethan 50 sales girl, plus he didn't finished secondry skool...,
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
Fogman: You are about to make the greatest mistake of your life. Education without business =Failure. Dont even think of using your inheritance for bank loan, you will everly regret it. Because you are an amateur in business and if not careful the loan will go down the drain
am already into breeding of dogs nd i make 3.5m annualy
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Cultured(m): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
SP.Special:
As for me i dont just comment and i never mislead anyone........ listen carefully.
Your vision can not be well accomplised as you want if you have no education. Education will expand and broad your mind on business. You will think globally and go global. Dont let the money you are making now darken your sense of reasoning........ save them, when you graduated you use them to establish and even get loans then, you dont need to look for job.
A word is enough for the wise. dont listen to the advises of those that does not have vision nor dream.

Excuse me , I think you misconstrued the true meaning of education , you seem to be among the multitude who always mistake attending formal educational settings and acquisition of irrelevant paper certificates for true education- Cram and pour as obtained in our higher institutions of learning is not they way forward to acquire true knowledge . Self-education is the true meaning of education, this is where the true knowledge lies , and it will always have edge over formal education any day, especially in his instance .

As I always say, once someone has gained basic formal education , the other best form of education one can acquire is self-education , especially for someone who has passion for business or is gifted in any skill/art . Self-education will earn you fortunes , while formal education will earn you a living . This guy should follow his instinct ( so long as he's not wishing to drop out of school because Bill Gate or any other made person out there did ), establish himself in the business world , then he can enroll into formal higher education in the future to acquire paper certificate just for the sake of social strata . I advice in my capacity as someone who have been privileged to experienced both sides of life . Remember , what one do not belief can never be genuinely established .

3 Likes

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
tanks for your advice landers but i tink i would have to take the risk everytin in life worth risk taking even mst graduate are cab drivers every year 1.5mil student graduate and only 200k are employ so imagine what it would be like in the next 5years i wnt take the loan anymore at least 3.5mil is owk for me to reinvest tnks a lot landers and pls pray for me

1 Like

Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
SP.Special:
I went to sec sch and i had 3As and d remainin wre credits
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by dallyemmy: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
My dear do not play with your education. Be careful with bank loans! With God on your side you ll make it! Education ll give you an edge later in life. Do not stop in secondary school! Go to tertiary school! Though ask God for ideas concerning business. You can start small while still in school. Cheers!
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
business is too broad, what exactly do you want to do? Anyway since your Mon left a house you can start by renting that house and save the money from the rent ..with the money you can open a small shop : candies, cigarettes, pure water etc .then with the money of the rent you can look for partner or build a small room/house and put it on rent etc
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
the safest business is real estate IMHO. So try to make your path there. College is a scam and you can always continue or do that later
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: the safest business is real estate IMHO. So try to make your path there. College is a scam and you can always continue or do that later
agreed college is a scam.. epspecially for those people who major in english, sociology, womens studies etc.

the safest business is real estate IMHO.
Hahaha, were were you 2007-2010?
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
pleep: agreed college is a scam.. epspecially for those people who major in english, sociology, womens studies etc.

Hahaha, were were you 2007-2010?

lol @ women studies.
What do you mean , where I was ? You don't believe the sector is booming?
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
i mean the recession from 2007-10... everyone who was doing real estate got bleeped with no lube grin
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
Remember when they were talking about the sub-prime morgage and stuff all over the news?
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
pleep: Remember when they were talking about the sub-prime morgage and stuff all over the news?
I remember, but it is still the safest as humans always need a shelter and are ready to put the money to get one ..you know people are paying rents in Makoko right? Also he's in Nigeria right?
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by achi4u(m): 10:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
Op which kind of dogs did you breed that gives you about 3.5million,,,is it;

*british bulldog

*american dick tiger

*snoop dog

or our local BINGO and in what quantity and years were you into this breeding?

Please can you tell us whom you supplied and how much is par dog??..

...lets start frm here.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Image123(m): 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
Matthew briggs: @op school is overrated. Glad you discovered your passion on time. The greatest mistake now, is to never follow it.

I can testify to the benefit of following one's passion.
I finished sec sch... @ 14 , then went on to purse my passion and by 17 I worked in a company where I earned higher than even my manager who was a graduate, by 20 got a job offer to be paid 400k per month to do what i do best but turned it down to build my own company. I am glad with my progress so far even when I see my mate's as Msc holders. Tho my negligence toward education was by chance (couldn't get admission for many years) but it taught me a great deal in life. Till today I thank God for not giving me admission... I even got one atlast but am currently thinking of dropping out...

Back to you Op...You are not young to start up... education can come much later maybe around 20 if things are not going according to plan. I urge you to follow you dream... but as you do so increase your knowledge base by the side, read a lot of books relating to business expand your knowledge .. resesrch on topics that interest you.. for example I have loads of MBA books in my library even tho i never been in an MBA class courtesy the internet.

By the way before you take that loan, make sure you have a rock solid business plan and a well defined strategy., Also get yourself a mentor fast.

-Follow your heart, it knows what's right for you.- Steve Jobs.
School is not overrated. Nobody is discouraging him from business, just advising him not to trifle with education. There are heights he might never reach without education. There are areas where the education he already has will be applicable in his business, same with further education. Successful and smart business men would never tell their kids and loved ones not to go to school and get an education. They all went to school. They all send their kids to "the best " schools. They all give out millions for scholarship and quality education of others. Go figure.
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? -Jeremiah
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
achi4u: Op which kind of dogs did you breed that gives you about 3.5million,,,is it;

*british bulldog

*american dick tiger

*snoop dog

or our local BINGO and in what quantity and years were you into this breeding?

Please can you tell us whom you supplied and how much is par dog??..

...lets start frm here.
i started with a boerboel it gav birth to 8pups nd i sold them for 80k each xo with wat i made i both 3 oda breeds caucasian,rottweiller and german shepherd and every 6 mnth i sel their pups d lowest is the german shepherd pup(30k) folow by rotweilerpup(70k) and caucasian @100k xo do the maths and they gv birth twice a year
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by achi4u(m): 10:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
ehvez: am already into breeding of dogs nd i make 3.5m annualy
Alright.Am also intrested in animal breeding but never fancy dogs.

Say something about this dog breeding.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by ehvez(m): 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
achi4u: Alright.Am also intrested in animal breeding but never fancy dogs.

Say something about this dog breeding.
something like
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I remember, but it is still the safest as humans always need a shelter and are ready to put the money to get one ..you know people are paying rents in Makoko right? Also he's in Nigeria right?
aaaah good point.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
Tu es tres serieux avec ce font rouge eh? grin

Il est beaucoup de travail
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
pleep: Tu es tres serieux avec ce font rouge eh?
[i][/i] Tres serieux, c'est trop drole, Je pense que j'apporte beaucoup de lumiere et savoir sur ce forum Donc Je dois me demarquer du peuple/des masses ignorantes
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by pleep(m): 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: [i][/i] Tres serieux, c'est trop drole, Je pense que j'apporte beaucoup de lumiere et savoir sur ce forum Donc Je dois me demarquer du peuple/des masses ignorantes
hehe, Ouais!
Comme tu dit, écrire en le sang de les dumbasses vous avez tué grin

Mais, il est un engagement
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by delpee(f): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
Don't stake your mums property (which I assume is all you have) for a bank loan. The conditions usually make it a win win situation for the bank against an average naija person. You can easily lose your house. If you indeed made 3.5m last year, basic business 101suggests that you plough back your profits in the first year to expand and build your capital. You need a loan when there is proven need based on business growth and a well thought out business plan.
Please combine business with education. You need both.
Re: Continue School Or Start A Business - Please Advice by malkia7: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2013
ehvez: Aԁvicе For An Aѕрiring Young Еntrерrеnеur

please i need advice
Am a young guy of 17 years but seriously in love with business i want to forfeit my education to further my interest in business.my problem is my capital am thinking about getting a loan from the bank with the land and house my late mum left 4 us i.e me and my sis.but i dont know if i should go ahead with this.

Will you log out and go to school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paint Making Emulsion, Texcote, Oil, Flex And Satin Paint / Dw Arerben Investment? Real Or Scam / >1.25 Odd <2.25 Odd Investment For Business Minded Punters Who Are Disciplined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.