Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child (14473 Views)

7 Nigerian Ministers of God You Mustn't Fail To Listen To / If You Say There Is No God, You Are A Fool / Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In Pretoria,south Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by 50calibre(m): 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
A man with enormous unearthly size adorned in a flowing white gown, deep baritone voice that vibrates the universe, face radiating a blinding light and sitting on a shinning gold thrown.

And funny as it is, that's what I still think. The glory of God is unimaginable.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by charlsecy4(m): 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
I couldn't think of any image!
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by daywatcher: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
god..white guy
Satan....black guy
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by 50calibre(m): 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Usuals. Caucasian.

Who told you that? No one has seen the face of God. moses only saw his back, and could not even look.

We are all created in the image of God, so i think God is raceless, he would embody features of all races.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Samsantos9: 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
I imagined Him as a very old Man with white long hair and white long beards Who sits in a golden throne in the clouds.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
An extremely huge, tall, hefty-looking being, all white around him & with the earth in his palm, the size of a speck of dust.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
[size=16pt]THIS THREAD PROVES THAT IDOLATORY IS GOOD! OUR ANCESTORS KNEW BETTER! EVEN THE MOST HARDCORE OF MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS HAVE AN IMAGE OF THEIR DEITY IN THEIR HEAD! IDOLATORY IS HUMAN NATURE AND OUR WAY OF WORSHIPPING HIGHER POWERS! LET US THEREFORE EMBRACE IDOLATORY!

IDOLATOR AND PROUD![/size] cool

4 Likes

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
For me, for the Supreme Force, it used to be like lush forest and grasslands with flowing streams and then this[i] thick dark mist[/i] surrounding it from which a voice emanates and all the other Gods aligning themselves in 2 rows on the sides of the mist, like Lord Kure (form of hyena with armour,etc) , Lord Gajyi Mare (holding thunder and surrounded by rain clouds), etc., standing proud on the sides. Sometimes Sarkin ALjan would be visible in the form of an old man in black robes and holding a staff and just discernible through the mist. :/
why not white mist?is your god a god of darkness?
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
A very huge being, big enough 2 have the world in his palms. The song "He got the whole world in His hands" gave my childhood image who God is, frankly speaking He remains the same.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by azyaq(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz can somtimes be funny U̶̲̥̅̊ cannot describe God with ur little human sense, U̶̲̥̅̊ beta be careful
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by zenith7(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
My mental image of God? Well, i see a bigger, larger, gigantic picture of myself as God.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by druid06(m): 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=16pt]THIS THREAD PROVES THAT IDOLATORY IS GOOD! OUR ANCESTORS KNEW BETTER! EVEN THE MOST HARDCORE OF MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS HAVE AN IMAGE OF THEIR DEITY IN THEIR HEAD! IDOLATORY IS HUMAN NATURE AND OUR WAY OF WORSHIPPING HIGHER POWERS! LET US THEREFORE EMBRACE IDOLATORY![/size]

@Pagan9ja, immediately I saw this thread on NL's frontpage, I was a 100% sure you were going to be on here soon and I was right. As much as I love your view and liberty about the pagan religion and deity, you seem to continously do the same things you're against. You constantly remind the Christians, Jews, Muslims from forcing their own religion unto others yet it's the same thing you're doing on NL everyday and incessantly forcing people of other faiths to believe and recognize yours. If that's not pure hypocrisy then I am damn sure don't know what it is.

2 Likes

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by claremont(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2013
A fiery, war-mongering, blood-sucking monster.

2 Likes

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by cold(m): 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2013
lorretta u: why not white mist?is your god a god of darkness?
You seem to continue to reinforce the notion that anything black/dark is evil. Thus,you would agree with the bible that you're a cursed race judging from your color
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by wheesin(m): 1:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
after readin revelations o i concluded he was these huge guy with a large throne,white beards diamond eyes and teeth and a sword coming out of his mouth, wearing a long white gown..lwkmd God abeg no vex
?
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Ikengawo: 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Decryptor(m): 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2013
claremont: A fiery, war-mongering, blood-sucking monster.
And may he be what you have described him to be to you both here on earth and on the after-life. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Syenite(m): 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
A gigantic white man with white beards wearing a long white robe and a crown on his head, sitting on a very high golden throne.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by mastroesco(m): 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
A heafty man always on white clothes and a heavy big shoes. ℓ☺ℓ. It still pops up my head sumtimes.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Dewze(m): 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2013
50calibre:
We are all created in the image of God, so i think God is racemes, he would embody features of all races.

yea. Then he could ve a white face, chinese eyes, indian hair, arab legs, mexican torso and a black ass.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by achi4u(m): 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
tobechi74:

y not black? U are a racist from birth
papa God suppose get rainbow colour so that He represent the whole universe.

infact papa God na caring old man
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by MistadeRegal(m): 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
Assuming GOD opened your eyes in the Spirit for you to take a view of HIM!!!!!!!!!! None of you will compare HIM to what you are comparing to now!
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
An old white white man with long beard.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by ITbomb(m): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
White light surrounded by winged angels
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
What If it turns out that God Is actually ebony and not Light Skinned?

No bible verse described the maker as a Light Skinned Man with whole lots of beard - So maybe, Just maybe we've been taming the wrongest Mental picture in a longtime afterall.

IMO - This is a mundane issue that Shouldn't make the FP.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Olaone1: 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2013
Some white dude. . well, to our churches and mosques.

Brainwashed!

2 Likes

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by BestmanNnamdi(m): 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2013
Fair, tall and handsome guy!
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
Wooooooooooooooo
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
A sexy man, with white beards, really cool muscles.. and an awesome voice..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" / NAKED CHURCH UNVEILED, Opens Branches In Abuja, Lagos, P/harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.