Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,482 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child (14485 Views)

7 Nigerian Ministers of God You Mustn't Fail To Listen To / If You Say There Is No God, You Are A Fool / Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In Pretoria,south Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
raystanley: GIRLS ARE NOT ON THIS TREND, WHY? CAUSE IF IT's A MONEY RELATED ISSUE... YOU SEE THEM JUMPING OUT LIKE MONEY SUCKING MONSTERS!
Do I look like a boy to you? undecided and I was even on the thread before u came.
PAGAN 9JA:

I associate dark mist because Sarki ALjannu is a God of darkness, while Kure is a God of Light.
but darkness is never associated with good.what's the essence of a dark god,To promote evil?we know creepy things hide in the dark.because they'd rather not let the light expose their ugly and evil nature.anyway that your view,I won't try to change it
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
cold:
You seem to continue to reinforce the notion that anything black/dark is evil. Thus,you would agree with the bible that you're a cursed race judging from your color
you're seeing it from a racist point of view.I'm seeing it from an unbiased point of view.now white is seen as clean and untainted.and white is white(like snow)no human has that color.
Now black is seen(in spiritual terms) as unclean.and black here is like coal or soot.so why are you comparing the skin color of human beings that usually ranges from light yellow to brown to very dark brown with plain snow white and coal black discussion?
Don't twist my words.
Ever wondered why black is used for mourning?and the bride wears white on her wedding day as a sign of purity?
Bros no race is cursed.and I'm proud to be african.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 17, 2013
lorretta u: you're seeing it from a racist point of view.I'm seeing it from an unbiased point of view.now white is seen as clean and untainted.and white is white(like snow)no human has that color.
Now black is seen(in spiritual terms) as unclean.and black here is like coal or soot.so why are you comparing the skin color of human beings that usually ranges from light yellow to brown to very dark brown with plain snow white and coal black discussion?
Don't twist my words.
Ever wondered why black is used for mourning?and the bride wears white on her wedding day as a sign of purity?

I think you are the person who is racially-deluded based on your analysis. Your logic is based on inferiority propaganda instigated my Europeans during the colonial era . There were not any depiction of the color black as evil prior to the arrival of Christianity in Nigeria.

Christianity brought the issue of the satan being a dark man, or red man, and God having the euro-centric features. Ask your grand father if black, both in spiritual realm, is depicted to be something unclean in your culture, Mr Proud Africa. It's only in Christianity will such thing be attributed to black.

I think you need to be enlightened, because you're still suffering from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by samuelezekiel(m): 7:56am On Jun 17, 2013
FOLYKAZE: As for me, He is just an Old dude with white beards sitting on his golden throne in the cloud. And since the bible said He created man in his image, I do think he is a handsome guy.

How about you guys, describe what you think God is when you were child.
yeah me too.But not a dude,a suprerem being.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by whitedove(m): 11:54am On Jun 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
For me, for the Supreme Force, it used to be like lush forest and grasslands with flowing streams and then this thick dark mist surrounding it from which a voice emanates and all the other Gods aligning themselves in 2 rows on the sides of the mist, like Lord Kure (form of hyena with armour,etc) , Lord Gajyi Mare (holding thunder and surrounded by rain clouds), etc., standing proud on the sides. Sometimes Sarkin ALjan would be visible in the form of an old man in black robes and holding a staff and just discernible through the mist. :/
THE VERY DESCRIPTION OF THE EVIL ONE!
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
lorretta u: but darkness is never associated with good.what's the essence of a dark god,To promote evil?we know creepy things hide in the dark.because they'd rather not let the light expose their ugly and evil nature.anyway that your view,I won't try to change it

The dark God complements the light God. neither can exist without the other. both are required to keep this Universe working.

we need the help of both to exist.

you christians always deny this fact. this is why your worship is incomplete. funnily, in your bible, it is your God Yhwh who has caused more attrocities than satan.

but we dont have a satan. Sarking Aljinnu is not evil. evil/good are all emotions subject to debate. SArkin ALjinu represents the inverse parallel.

btw Sarkin Aljinnu is a dispenser of disease. In our cosmos, we view the Light God (Kure) as a Hyena.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Revolva(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
For me its a Big Black guy with Big hands and chest with dread locks....with eyes like fires balls...looking down on us....
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by daryoor(m): 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
in my book of bible stories i saw david, solomon, abraham, adam,moses, everybody na oyinbo man, chinko no dey, black man no dey. Why will god be black, jesus sef na oyinbo man.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Theblessed(f): 9:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
[size=16pt]Love and Fear of God and I still do...!

He endowed me with a special gift of "Discernment and the Sensitivity to tune into the Holy Spirit leading". Since the age of 4, I knew about God and the gifts he gave me, and I appreciate all the Lord has given me - Bless God!
[/size]
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by neey1051(m): 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
I see him as an ever existing old man with white long beards who is ever ready to listen to me and help me if needs be,most powerful,the controller of all,funny enough i still see him the same way though...
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
neey1051: I see him as an ever existing old man with white long beards who is ever ready to listen to me and help me if needs be,most powerful,the controller of all,funny enough i still see him the same way though...

You didn't mention those white winged and handsome guys around him. Some blowing trumpets and other with flaming sword
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 6:42am On Jun 18, 2013
White wedding was originated with the elite of England and the idea was sold to our ancestors through Christian religious tradition. So we are just following Queen Victoria when we perform "White Wedding" Wearing black also came from England as well during Victoria's time to show spiritual darkness so as you can see my dear what we believe comes from the people that colonized us
lorretta u: you're seeing it from a racist point of view.I'm seeing it from an unbiased point of view.now white is seen as clean and untainted.and white is white(like snow)no human has that color.
Don't twist my words.

2 Likes

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 6:53am On Jun 18, 2013
haha does this sound like a white man
Revelation 1 ; 14 - 15 ....His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. ;..... Gives you a description of him by Race

Hairs Like Wool '' This equals Thick or Nappy or Kinky Hair Texture , Curved Follicles . There is no question about the texture of his hair ; nappy thick not thin . So the Thousands of pictures circulating all over the world is an attempt for other Races to claim him . Many people say White like wool '' This Is Talking About His Thick Hair Texture . Also we know for fact that Yashua the true name cause no J in Hebrew Jesus was Crucified In His Thirties And Would not have white hair , So It Meant Wool For The Texture Of His Hair , Nappy , Woolly , Kinky , Not The Colour Of His Hair This Is What You Today Call An Afro
They are still brain washing us in 2013 sorry for my people
daryoor: in my book of bible stories i saw david, solomon, abraham, adam,moses, everybody na oyinbo man, chinko no dey, black man no dey. Why will god be black, jesus sef na oyinbo man.

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:05am On Jun 18, 2013
umm jerusalem is not in Africa. please learn your geography. undecided

1 Like

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
So on which Continent is Jerusalem I am surprised by this your comment of all people you don't know which continent it belongs too before United Nations decided even though it is connected to Africa should be called something else I suggest you learn world history before challenging me I don't believe in the Colony masters idea of how Africans should divide land 8 miles of water but still connected (
PAGAN 9JA:
umm jerusalem is not in Africa. please learn your geography. undecided

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by TerryCarr(m): 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
Jesus spoke Aramaic and he was born in Palestine/Israel so he probably look like these people here

1 Like

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by TerryCarr(m): 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
how do you know God is not a Goddess? the Abrahamic religions are very male centric

https://www.nairaland.com/1327635/goddess-female-god-females-religion

2 Likes

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by niggadee(m): 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
manmustwac: Some white dude with long hair and a long beard
Bible God Image is False..Evolution of Modern Humans And Early Modern Homo sapiens Are Originally From Africa..God Is Black
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
niggadee: Bible God Image is False..Evolution of Modern Humans And Early Modern Homo sapiens Are Originally From Africa..God Is Black

umm dude God didnt evolve from apes.

God is a SPiritual Energy. we Pagans give these Forces images in order to aid concentration.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
biafranqueen: So on which Continent is Jerusalem I am surprised by this your comment of all people you don't know which continent it belongs too before United Nations decided even though it is connected to Africa should be called something else I suggest you learn world history before challenging me I don't believe in the Colony masters idea of how Africans should divide land 8 miles of water but still connected (

thats the most senseless post Ive ever heard. First of all, there is not supposed to be any continents. The continents were just made up by the United Nations inorder to club major landmasses together.

Jerusalem is not connected to Africa. It is a city on the middle-Eastern mainland. Only the Sinai/Gaza strip is connected to Egypt.

THere is no such thing as "Africans". ANyone who lives in Africa is an African.

Its only what tribe/ethnic group you are from that matters.

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 1:17am On Jun 20, 2013
Egypt was part of North Africa before the 1900 what are you talking about
PAGAN 9JA:

thats the most senseless post Ive ever heard. First of all, there is not supposed to be any continents. The continents were just made up by the United Nations inorder to club major landmasses together.

Jerusalem is not connected to Africa. It is a city on the middle-Eastern mainland. Only the Sinai/Gaza strip is connected to Egypt.

THere is no such thing as "Africans". ANyone who lives in Africa is an African.

Its only what tribe/ethnic group you are from that matters.

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:54am On Jun 20, 2013
biafranqueen: Egypt was part of North Africa before the 1900 what are you talking about

WTF are you talking about

1_ Egypt is still a part of North Africa.

2_Jerusalem is NOT in Egypt.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 1:59am On Jun 20, 2013
How far is Egypt countries away
Explain the oldest art found in Jerusalem they look like European White Jews to you?
PAGAN 9JA:

WTF are you talking about

1_ Egypt is still a part of North Africa.

2_Jerusalem is NOT in Egypt.

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 2:01am On Jun 20, 2013
So you think that Europeans may have a reason to say two neighboring countries are on different continents One in North Africa one in Euro Asia humm but right next door consult your Gods before you answer kiss
FYI
The history of the Israelite nation began in Egypt, the land of Ham. They entered Egypt 66 in number, (not including Joseph, his wife and two sons who were already in Egypt), and left numbering over two million people. Ancient Israel spent 430 years in Egypt. For half that time they enjoyed good favor with the Egyptians, but for the remainder of those years they were enslaved and horribly mistreated by them.

One of the facts scripture gives us about Israel (Ysrayl in the Hebrew tongue), is in regard to their physical appearance. Throughout scripture Israel is described as looking like the sons of Ham (Khawm in the Hebrew tongue), in physical appearance.

Ham was one of Noah's three sons, Shem and Japheth were the other two. Noah's descendants repopulated the earth after the Great Flood. Ham's descendants are traced to the families of Africa. Ham (Khawm) in Hebrew means BLACK, HOT AND BURNT.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:04am On Jun 20, 2013
biafranqueen: How far is Egypt countries away
Explain the oldest art found in Jerusalem they look like European White Jews to you?

WTF WOMAN? NOW YOU ARE SHOWING ME CAVE PAINTINGS?

GODS WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!

theres hardfy anything visible in those childish drawinds.

First of all, even Sinai is named after the Assyrian God, Sin.

Second, Egyptians were NOT BLACKS!

ESPECIALLY THOSE LIVING IN THE TIME OF JESUS! angry angry angry angry
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:05am On Jun 20, 2013
biafranqueen: So you think that Europeans may have a reason to say two neighboring countries are on different continents One in North Africa one in Euro Asia humm but right next door consult your Gods before you answer kiss

Omgs! cry

GoodNight.
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 2:10am On Jun 20, 2013
Wow so you don't know they were not up on graphics back then Yes go too sleep I study Ancient History for a hobby those are the oldest paintings found in a synagogue prove me wrong when you wake up quote author=PAGAN 9JA]

Omgs! cry

GoodNight.[/quote]
Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 2:15am On Jun 20, 2013
Really yes the ones that mixed with others but my friends husband is probable darker then you t an Egyptian
Gerald Massey, English writer and author of the book, Egypt the Light of the World, wrote, "The dignity is so ancient that the insignia of the Pharaoh evidently belonged to the time when Egyptians wore nothing but the girdle of the Negro." (p 251)

Sir Richard Francis Burton, a 19th century English explorer, writer and linguist in 1883 wrote to Gerald Massey, "You are quite right about the "AFRICAN" origin of the Egyptians. I have 100 human skulls to prove it."

Scientist, R. T. Prittchett, states in his book The Natural History of Man, "In their complex and many of the complexions and in physical peculiarities the Egyptians were an "AFRICAN" race (p 124-125).

PAGAN 9JA:

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 2:16am On Jun 20, 2013
Go an sleep my friend never never challenge me in what I love
Scientist, R. T. Prittchett, states in his book The Natural History of Man, "In their complex and many of the complexions and in physical peculiarities the Egyptians were an "AFRICAN" race (p 124-125).

The Ancient Greek historian Herodotus, who visited Egypt in the 5th century B.C.E., saw the Egyptians face to face and described them as black-skinned with woolly hair.

Anthropologist, Count Constatin de Volney (1727-1820),spoke about the race of the Egyptians that produced the Pharaohs. He later paid tribute to Herodotus' discovery when he said:

The ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same type as all native born Africans. That being so, we can see how their blood mixed for several centuries with that of the Romans and Greeks, must have lost the intensity of it's original color, while retaining none the less the imprint of it's original mold. We can even state as a general principle that the face (referring to The Sphinx) is a kind of monument able, in many cases, to attest to or shed light on historical evidence on the origins of the people."

The fact that the ancient Egyptians were black-skin prompted Volney to make the following statement:
"What a subject for meditation, just think that the race of black men today our slaves and the object of our scorn, is the very race to which we owe our arts, science and even the use of our speech."

The testimony of the ancients, the scriptures, & many Egyptologists, along with archaeology confirms that the Egyptians during biblical times were a "BLACK" PEOPLE. This is important to know, as we continue, we'll see that the bible on multiple occasions describes the ancient Hebrews as looking like the Egyptians in physical appearance.

Next, in Genesis chapter 50 verses 7-11, scripture will describes ALL the Hebrews as looking like the ancient Egyptians.

After Jacob (who's name was changed to Ysrayl - Israel) died in the land of Egypt, all the Hebrews and Egyptians went down to the land of Canaan to bury him (He asked his son to bury him in the land of Canaan with his forefathers Genesis 49:29-30).

Verses 7-8, states that all the elders of Pharaoh's house and all the elders of the land of Egypt along with all the Hebrews (except for their small children) went down.
VERSE 9 says, "It was a very great company."
VERSE 11 says, that the Canaanite saw the funeral procession and said "THIS IS A GRIEVOUS MOURNING TO THE EGYPTIANS".
But, remember this was a mixed multitude of Hebrews and Egyptians going to bury a HEBREW, and the Canaanite identified them both as Egyptians. WHY? Because, the Canaanite saw a great company of black-skinned people who all look like native (black) Egyptians.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by biafranqueen: 2:26am On Jun 20, 2013
You should really talk about what you know stick too Pagan religion if you check for a actual location for Mount Sinai, there is none. By revelation, I say unto you, the " TRUE MOUNT SINAI " was all of the SINS of Israel that had MOUNTED up before Yahweh and he was VISITING their SINS upon them. Therefore, THEY were the MOUNT SINAI heaped up before God:

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, (( VISITING THE INIQUITY OF THE FATHERS UPON THE CHILDREN unto the THIRD and FOURTH GENERATION )) of them that hate me;

That means this : It was the SINS MOUNTED UP from Abraham ( 1 ) Isaac ( 2 ) Jacod ( 3 ) and THEY was the Sons of Jacob ( 3rd & 4th ) generation. Also The name Sinai means From the clay desert. in Hebrew.
PAGAN 9JA:

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Rossikk(m): 8:45am On Jun 20, 2013
God is a spirit. God has no colour and no permanent form, and can assume any form or shape. Humans have no permanent form either, but are just spirits assuming a temporary physical form. All appearance of form is illusion. All that really exists is Consciousness. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child by Rossikk(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2013
biafranqueen: Go an sleep my friend never never challenge me in what I love

The Ancient Greek historian Herodotus, who visited Egypt in the 5th century B.C.E., saw the Egyptians face to face and described them as black-skinned with woolly hair.

Anthropologist, Count Constatin de Volney (1727-1820),spoke about the race of the Egyptians that produced the Pharaohs. He later paid tribute to Herodotus' discovery when he said:

The ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same type as all native born Africans. That being so, we can see how their blood mixed for several centuries with that of the Romans and Greeks, must have lost the intensity of it's original color, while retaining none the less the imprint of it's original mold. We can even state as a general principle that the face (referring to The Sphinx) is a kind of monument able, in many cases, to attest to or shed light on historical evidence on the origins of the people."

The fact that the ancient Egyptians were black-skin prompted Volney to make the following statement:
"What a subject for meditation, just think that the race of black men today our slaves and the object of our scorn, is the very race to which we owe our arts, science and even the use of our speech."

The testimony of the ancients, the scriptures, & many Egyptologists, along with archaeology confirms that the Egyptians during biblical times were a "BLACK" PEOPLE. This is important to know, as we continue, we'll see that the bible on multiple occasions describes the ancient Hebrews as looking like the Egyptians in physical appearance.

Next, in Genesis chapter 50 verses 7-11, scripture will describes ALL the Hebrews as looking like the ancient Egyptians.

After Jacob (who's name was changed to Ysrayl - Israel) died in the land of Egypt, all the Hebrews and Egyptians went down to the land of Canaan to bury him (He asked his son to bury him in the land of Canaan with his forefathers Genesis 49:29-30).

Verses 7-8, states that all the elders of Pharaoh's house and all the elders of the land of Egypt along with all the Hebrews (except for their small children) went down.
VERSE 9 says, "It was a very great company."
VERSE 11 says, that the Canaanite saw the funeral procession and said "THIS IS A GRIEVOUS MOURNING TO THE EGYPTIANS".
But, remember this was a mixed multitude of Hebrews and Egyptians going to bury a HEBREW, and the Canaanite identified them both as Egyptians. WHY? Because, the Canaanite saw a great company of black-skinned people who all look like native (black) Egyptians.
Of course the ancient Egyptians were black Africans. The evidence for it is so fulsome that only a retar.d would deny it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Folu Adeboye Celebrates Her 69th Birthday Today / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / Preaching In The Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.