Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

One Piece (anime/manga) - TV/Movies (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / One Piece (anime/manga) (170427 Views)

Kingdom Anime/manga. / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nedville:

Thanks hotswagg

In fact, dropping it now....the most interesting faction to me in one piece franchise are the eleven supernova..or supernovae...whichever one you want to call them....

The yonko are plain scary, awesome and intimidating...picture the world of one piece where a pirate is just starting out in the one piece world....then you hear names like
Akagami no shanks (red hair shanks)
Charlotte linlin...aka big mom
Hyakujuu no kaido (hundred beasts kaido)....and
Marshall d teach...aka kurohige aka Blackbeard
....even Edward Newgate... Aka shirohige aka whitebeard....
You'll just be like.....how did those guys become who they are?
The yonko are amazing....what makes them more amazing is that they don't ally with each other...creating a stalemate (with the recent exception of big mom and kaido)

I like the shichibukai as well....7 pirates who reached concessions with the world government to help them capture pirates...in return for some freedom...I like the idea so much...it even happened in real life....sea pirates worked for the queen of England at some point in history...it also sounds like something the world government will do...using thieves to catch thieves
Before luffy started taking some of them out, left right and centre, there was an aura of mystery and excitement about them
Mihawk.... The greatest swordsman in the world
Doflamingo...the puppeteer shrouded in mystery
Boa Hancock...pirate empress...got a high bounty on her first expedition at a young age
Bartholomew kuma...the tyrant...mysterious guy
Gecko moria...who was looking scary with his shikamaru powers
Crocodile.... Who doesn't love crocodile
And jinbe...a popular fishman invited to become a warlord due to his prowess and his relationship with fisher tiger
Others joined: teach, law, buggy, weevil...etc....but those 7 were my favorite

Are we forgetting the admirals? (Pre. Timeskip admirals)...god I love those guys...they just seemed to fit...they were portrayed so equally well then that you just feared the thought of fighting any of them...ice, light and magma....blue yellow and red... It just seemed to fit...they would have been my favorite group had it not been for the supernova

Then the supernova.. grin....from different seas, the grand line and even a sky island...these folks managed to survive and make it to sabaody...granted...they may not have gone through what luffy dem went through..but it was exciting in the sense that...luffy was not the only young gun seeking to find Roger's coveted treasure...with rookies entering the grand line everyday...the harsh conditions of the grand line weeded out the weak pirates and these 11 got to the first finishing line (sabaody)...and are now looking forward to find the one piece themselves
Yes the characters were created spontaneously... But it is better they were created cuz without them...the one piece world will feel empty and it will look as if luffy is the only one who wants one piece...rivals to luffy made the show healthy....and they each had a bounty of over 100 million... Making them like kylian mbappe....young hotshots to look out for
Luffy and zoro of the east blue....two supernova being on this crew shows they mean serious business....outsiders looking at their crew will rate them highly by just hearing of them..."two pirates with bounties over 100 million...hmmm...they will have a strong crew....let's watch them"
The same can be said for the kid pirates...eustass kid and killer from the south blue....ordinary people hearing about them will label them as a crew to watch out for
Also law, drake and basil Hawkins from the north blue
Bege from the west blue, bonney from south blue, scratchmen apoo from the grand line and urouge from a sky island...all make this group of people interesting with their powers and ambitions..with them allying with each other and betraying each other if need be, like some game of thrones wahala
well done bro for summarising everything about one piece and each of the characters. Thumbs up
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by teemy(m): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nedville:

Lol...what statement? Was it when zoro said he should man up....I like foxy's arc sha

The Strawhats and many one piece characters are lovable....you can love them for the good they do...or for the bad as well....there are good characters aside from luffy and zoro

Yeah, that moment and he actually manned up sha.

Take a really good look, they are also killing people o.

Nedville:

Zoro himself does not have conquerors haki...so if he wanted to be the captain if luffy steps down on that note...then more power to his elbow
Someone like zoro is needed for shounen shows...a bad ass that people like....that was sasuke's role in naruto and its why people preferred sasuke to naruto (not me though)...or gray to natsu...or vegeta to goku
The bad ass naturally is a fan favourite
The problem for me is that...(to me oo)..that's all he does...being bad ass
Oh...and getting lost

He needs a phd in that course as in for real.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by whitebeard(m): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
hotswagg12:
well done bro for summarising everything about one piece and each of the characters. Thumbs up
did u really have to quote the whole thing, there is a white beard here...and u guys are disturbing me..!! sad
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 11:30am On Aug 07, 2018
hotswagg12:

Thanks....I just summarised the factions in one piece
And even still...I omitted the remaining marines, the cipher pol units and the revolutionaries

Its similar to our world....a corrupt government trying to control its people with shady methods....

I like one piece cause the world is vast....with several factions in opposition to each other

Naruto had the five major villages, in konoha we had the foundation/anbu and other secret organizations in other villages....and the terrorist organisation akatsuki
But other than that...the naruto world somehow felt light...or loose, if I may use that word

In one piece, you start with the corrupt world government.... Which is an affiliation of about 170 countries/islands...like the UN
At the top of the world government are the celestial dragons....nasty royal pricks who need no introduction
Since they are busy being royal....five elderly men were appointed to oversee the affairs of the world government...these are the gorosei
Pirates who are outlaws that don't want to be bound by the rules of any country...form a pirate crew and set out for freedom, treasure or whatever pleases them
They go about causing trouble like armed robbers and the WG don't like it...so the marines (police equivalent) were set up to tackle the pirates...like how police catch robbers
Just as a police set up, the marines have ranks and one can gain promotion all the way to become the fleet admiral of the marines, which is the highest marine post...however...the fleet admiral still answers to a navy commander in chief, in this case Kong, who then answers to the gorosei, who answer to the celestial dragons...or (Im-sama now)
As it stands...the marines should be the good guys....while the pirates are the bad guys...but just as life is....there are kindhearted pirates and there are corrupt and evil marines as well....that's the beauty of one piece for me
The world government have committed atrocities down the years...and they do not want anyone to learn of their secrets, what do they do? They set up a secret intelligence system (like CIA) called the cipher pol units..the cp9 assassinate any obstacle which the world government don't like, and cp0 answer directly to the celestial dragons and do their dirty deeds
Some people are fed up with the corruption of the world government and decide to go against them to fight for their liberation...these people came together to form the Revolutionaries
Finally...pirates motivated by gold rogers story...strive to find the one piece....and at the top of the pyramid...are the yonko...the best pirates at the moment
Not forgetting countries who are not affiliated with the world government... E.g wano and are on their own

Its a vast and fleshed out world...every faction has something they are interested in or fighting for...which is why I prefer it to naruto

2 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2018
Hello
Anybody home?
New chapters anyone?

I knew one piece was unpopular, but not this unpopular nah
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2018
Nedville:
Hello
Anybody home?
New chapters anyone?

I knew one piece was unpopular, but not this unpopular nah
@nedville I thought one piece manga is on break. Where is @idrismusty and @sagenaruto?
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Idrismusty97(m): 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2018
hotswagg12:
@nedville I thought one piece manga is on break. Where is @idrismusty and @sagenaruto?
Just be following foreign forums like Orójacson or Reddît. Nairaland is a wack place for One piece or Animes in general. New chapter is out already, break next week again.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Just be following foreign forums like Orójacson or Reddît. Nairaland is a wack place for One piece or Animes in general. New chapter is out already, break next week again.
@idrismusty97 plz drop the new chapter here. This thread must not die.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 10:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
hotswagg12:
@idrismusty97 plz drop the new chapter here. This thread must not die.

The thread is dead already, we are just prolonging the inevitable
Aw well, chapter is out law zoro luffy and Hawkins are within the vicinity
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 10:59am On Sep 02, 2018
Nedville:

The thread is dead already, we are just prolonging the inevitable
Aw well, chapter is out law zoro luffy and Hawkins are within the vicinity
@nedville pls drop update and maybe then the rest can contribute on it
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2018
I don't know how to copy and paste

However, you can check out the chapter on jaimini's box
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 10:19am On Sep 03, 2018
Nedville:
I don't know how to copy and paste

However, you can check out the chapter on jaimini's box
thanks @nedville and I hope it will be in plain context cos I still don't know how to read the manga. And where is @sagenaruto?
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
hotswagg12:
thanks @ned ville and I hope it will be in plain context cos I still don't know how to read the manga. And where is @sage naruto?

I apologize for my absence... I'm trying to sort out a lot of things in my life... embarassed
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by RoronoaZoro(m): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
Luffy has started causing trouble, well, or he's just being Luffy again.

They are in Baruka kingdom trying to get O'Tama back, someone is in his way, Chief Holdem, with a lion in his crotchet but before that he sent a famous sumo wrestler Yokozuna flying.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by RoronoaZoro(m): 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
I like how he didn't need to use any of his gears for that but there's a concern giving he escaped the battle with Dogtooth coz of Dogtooth's moral compass, there should be an arc where he goes off to train again.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by RoronoaZoro(m): 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2018
I like how he didn't need to use any of his gears for that but there's a concern giving he escaped the battle with Dogtooth coz of Dogtooth's moral compass, there should be an arc where he goes off to train again.

Gear 4th looks useless now or doesn't feel like a trump card any longer
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 9:04am On Sep 04, 2018
hotswagg12:
thanks @nedville and I hope it will be in plain context cos I still don't know how to read the manga. And where is @sagenaruto?

I didn't read the manga
I read the summary on the one piece wikipedia.... Kinda like a novel
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2018
SageNaruto:

I apologize for my absence... I'm trying to sort out a lot of things in my life... embarassed
okay bro. Wish u all the best.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2018
Nedville:

I didn't read the manga
I read the summary on the one piece wikipedia.... Kinda like a novel
how do I search for it. Would love to read it
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 11:26am On Sep 04, 2018
Just type "one piece chapter 916" on Google

You'll see the option on the one piece wikipedia

Though I must say.......it comes later than the chapter itself...so you'll have to be a lil patient
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
Nedville:
Just type "one piece chapter 916" on Google

You'll see the option on the one piece wikipedia

Though I must say.......it comes later than the chapter itself...so you'll have to be a lil patient
thanks bro
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Harpyeagle(m): 11:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
The best way to get the manga is to download manga browser apk on play store and make one piece ur favorite (u can download And read later).
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2018
@sagenaruto hope u are good bro and when are we expecting u at this thread since @idrismusty decides to leave us and shout out to @nedville for keeping it real.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2018
Thanks hotswagg

Meanwhile, a new chapter dropped yesterday....and I can only dream for

Law vs Hawkins
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2018
Please how do I post from a website on to this platform??

I'll like to kip the thread going
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by nani667: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2018

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 9:27am On Sep 16, 2018
Nedville:
Thanks hotswagg

Meanwhile, a new chapter dropped yesterday....and I can only dream for

Law vs Hawkins
wow that will be an interesting fight.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2018
Nedville:
Please how do I post from a website on to this platform??

I'll like to kip the thread going
bro first you have to click on the word still holding your mouse for the word to highlight and drag down to the last sentence or word you want to copy. Then right click on the highlighted words or sentence to copy. Then you can now come to this forum and right click to paste it.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2018
nani667:
may. Lol
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 11:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
ONE PIECE WIKI

ONE PIECE WIKI
Chapter 917
Chapter 917.png
CHAPTER INFO
VOLUME:
TBA
CHAPTER:
JAPANESE TITLE:
食糧宝船
ROMANIZED TITLE:
Shokuryō Takarabune
PAGES:
RELEASE DATE:
September 15, 2018
CHAPTER CHRONOLOGY
← Previous

Chapter 917 is titled "The Treasure Ship of Provisions".

Cover Page
Short Summary
The headliner Speed brings out clean food from Orochi's Paradise Farm, and runs into Holdem's confrontation with Luffy, Zoro, and Kiku. Kiku warns Luffy that attacking Holdem will bring about the wrath of Jack, who has recently returned to Wano Country. However, after seeing the food Speed brought, Luffy gets angry and attacks Holdem's lion Kamijiro, freeing Tama. After seeing what Holdem did to Tama, Luffy hits the headliner in the face with Red Hawk. Meanwhile, a disguised Law intercepts Hawkins and intends to take him out in order to prevent information from spreading further.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2018
ONE PIECE WIKI

ONE PIECE WIKI
Chapter 917
Chapter 917.png
CHAPTER INFO
VOLUME:
TBA
CHAPTER:
JAPANESE TITLE:
食糧宝船
ROMANIZED TITLE:
Shokuryō Takarabune
PAGES:
RELEASE DATE:
September 15, 2018
CHAPTER CHRONOLOGY
← Previous

Chapter 917 is titled "The Treasure Ship of Provisions".

Cover Page
Short Summary
Long Summary
Quick References
Chapter Notes
Speed is introduced as a horse SMILE Devil Fruit user.
Holdem assumes Luffy, Zoro, and Kiku are part of Shutenmaru's Atamayama Thieves.
Kamijiro is the name given to the lion head on Holdem's body.
Luffy rescues Tama and injures both Holdem and Kamijiro.
It is revealed that Jack was saved from his shipwreck after his failed attack on Zou and has returned to Wano Country.
He is also revealed to be the ruler of the country’s Kuri region.
Law stands in Hawkins' way. However, Hawkins does not recognise Law.
Luffy, Zoro, Komachiyo, and Kiku steal a supply of food from the Beasts Pirates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (71) (Reply)

Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah / Top 20 Strongest Naruto Characters. Do You Agree With The List? / Gulder Ultimate Search 11 Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.