Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,092 members, 7,953,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:20 PM

For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians (7885 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 10:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
What i dont understand is why the bible calls Jesus God in Isaiah 9:6 but you IJAWKID refuse to call him God. Why the bible calls Jesus God in John 20:28, titus 2:13, heb 1 :8 but you refuse to call him that.

Pls can you explain how God used his own blood to buy the church in Acts 20:28
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by ijawkid(m): 10:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
deSika: What i dont understand is why the bible calls Jesus God in Isaiah 9:6 but you IJAWKID refuse to call him God. Why the bible calls Jesus God in John 20:28, titus 2:13, heb 1 :8 but you refuse to call him that.

Pls can you explain how God used his own blood to buy the church in Acts 20:28

Acts ofcourse is a wrong rendering....

I would advice you read other renditions to get the real rendering of that verse......

God does not have blood.....

stop mocking God grin.....

The scriptures call all of us GOD......

The one GOD is what is in question...

And he is the Father alone......

1 Like

Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
truthislight:

The earth a person ?

All the persons that God created are sons of God.

1. Adam
2. Angels
3. Jesus

i also asked whether your definition included thieves and prostitutes. Son of God just denotes a peculiar relationship with God. There is no relationship between light and darkness.

The angels that came to earth to see Abraham, Jacob, and lot did not pass through the womb or a woman but rather, they materialised and put on mans body and as such remained and keep their nature as angels even though they have put on material body.

Same thing with the angels of Noah's day that did put on material body and married women, they were still angels.

But was that ^ the same with Jesus ? No.

Jesus came as a man to pay the ransom for a man(Adam).

He passed through a woman(mortal) to come to earth.

If he had done as the other angels did, then your case would have held, since the other angels that had came befor were still considered to be "spirit" persons.

That ^ is the way in which the bible considers "spirit persons"(eg angels) that puts on body.

What that comes out from a woman is man. QED.

This is Not greek mythology.
Peace
my friend thats dual nature for you. Being a man in the sense of following all the rules that govern humanhood. Being a spirit being/GOD in the sense of existing from time immemorial. Ability to give life etc.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
truthislight:

lol. You have started speaking in tonques and contradicting yourself/lying.

The truth is, Jesus was a man, simple.

Imagine all you did to yourself:

Smh for you.

Stop lying!
truth is what you call a lie. Hebrews 1:8, micah 4:2 ...whose going forth have been from the old from everlasting
truthislight:

Was he doing this things befor the spirit of God came upon him ?

Was it not when the spirit of God came upon him that he started performing miracles ?

It was the spirit of God(power of God) that empowered him to do all he did like that same spirit had empowered other prophets of God in the past.

Stop going outside what the bible says.

Why did you forgot he was annointed ?

Did the Father Annoint himself ?

Did the father called himself "this is my son" ?

Smh for you.
has he not always been predestined to do all he did. Or was he just any other person who just became lucky to be anointed, and as such started doing powerful things. The anointing part is just a confirmation of what has already been pre planned
truthislight:

Angels and Jesus and God were there when God created the earth and man.

Dont you read your bible well ?
no my friend, you are wrong. Angels cannot create so they cant be called to do what they cant do.
truthislight:

Answer her question and stop hiding behind your "lol" and "shoe" talk.
question already answered. The difference is the 'creation ability' of the parties involved which means they just have to be God
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Boomark:

There is no alternative my brother. I can't give our humble God directives. what you are not seeing is that He is far greater than man and He knows the best for man to even use "Let us" instead of Saying go and do this and that because i know more than you. Do you get it now? So having the ability to reason is not the case.

the same thing goes to the "let us" during His creation. Jesus told us that He learns from what he sees the Father doing.
the thing is so simple i dont know why you cant see it. Why will God say let us make man in our image and then go on to say and God created man in his image . Our image - his image. How can 'his image' be equal to 'our image'. This is too loud for you not to hear it.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by Boomark(m): 11:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
deSika: the thing is so simple i dont know why you cant see it. Why will God say let us make man in our image and then go on to say and God created man in his image . Our image - his image. How can 'his image' be equal to 'our image'. This is too loud for you not to hear it.

Please name any being that does not bear the image of this God. besides who is the God made that statement? is it 3 persons speaking to themselves at once? lets see if those spoken to have their own unique image. kindly answer these questions.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by shdemidemi(m): 11:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
Whenever God is mentioned in the Old Testament, it is mentioned in the plural form elohim. Never in a single form 'el'
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 12:17am On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

You can as well ask the scriptures who granted the son to have life in himself........

There is nothing Jesus does or can do that was not given to him by his Father..

1.Creation
2..Ressurection..
3..Rulership

And as regards the Godhead definition...

Is God the Father part of a Godhead or he grants it to whom ever wishes??.....
question is show where the father gave Jesus the ability to create. Its a favour am asking from you.

I dont know anything about God granting/dashing the Godhead to whom ever he pleases. But i know that the father, the holy spirit and the son are members of the Godhead. Dont worry i will show you shortly
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 12:20am On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

I think they have dodged the definition of Godhead so much because the just say and believe what they don't know as true. dont be suprised, someone will come here and say that "i and my Father are one" means Godhead. SMH
ok you whats the meaning of Godhead
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 1:22am On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

Acts ofcourse is a wrong rendering....

I would advice you read other renditions to get the real rendering of that verse......

God does not have blood.....

stop mocking God grin.....

The scriptures call all of us GOD......

The one GOD is what is in question...

And he is the Father alone......
i must applaud your dodgentiantis. One minute your likes would be asking where does the bible call Jesus God but when you are shown you resort to "The scriptures call all of us GOD"

Jesus is involved in creation (an exclusive ability of God, no man can create life) and then called God and you Ijawkid has the guts to equate him with man that cannot create life.

The truth is staring at your face, bro i dont know why you keep denying it.

Did you see 'mighty' in Isaiah 9:6. Does it not make a difference to you. Or will you now say "The scriptures calls all of us mighty GOD too"

Isaiah even adds more sand to your garri. Did you see the word 'everlasting father '. What! Everlasting what! Bro Ijawkid pls can you confirm whether what am seeing is in your bible. It seems my eyes are playing tricks on me. How many fathers do we have. JESUS, the everlasting Father. What about God the father. Mbok Ijawkid i need some help.

Acts 20:28 is now wrong abi, its no longer a translation problem its now the text itself that is wrong kwo.

Thats the truth stirring at your face. All the translations say the same thing 'his blood' . JESUS is the God who used his blood to buy the church. Thats what the verse is saying.

Question again is why does the bible call Jesus a mighty God, everlasting father and yet You Ijawkid and Frosbel refuse to call him that. Why

1 Like

Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 1:39am On Jun 14, 2013
Questions yet unanswered, bro Ijawkid, truthislight, Boomark, Frosbel, honeychild etc
deSika: 1. The son of a God is a what? You can use John 5:18 as an aid. [remember Jesus is a spirit being as God is unlike man]

2. You once said Jesus is a spirit being. What kind of spirit being is Jesus
a. Angel
b. God
there are 2 types of spirit beings. Either he is an angel or a God.

3. so whats the difference between God the son and son of God in reference to Jesus.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by shdemidemi(m): 1:40am On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

Please name any being that does not bear the image of this God. besides who is the God made that statement? is it 3 persons speaking to themselves at once? lets see if those spoken to have their own unique image. kindly answer these questions.

Man is not totally in the same image as God because, He is 'man'. 'Let us make 'man' in our image', God/Elohim (plural) said. Therefore Christ is a complete/perfect image of God.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 3:00am On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

hey bro relax, lets do some maths. Shall we

the clue is there for you.
If 'his image' (one persons image) = 'our image' (more than one persons image). It therefore means that the more than one persons have same image and not different images. Do you get that

the God that made that statement is recorded in the bible as ELOHIM (the plural form of God).

My point is this.
The words 'let us' and 'our' gives us a very LOUD indication that there is a 'more than one' ness about God. You cannot just wish it away, you cannot deny it either.

And take note that angels can not be part of the 'let us' equation. As they cannot create and as such cannot be beckoned on to do what they cannot do.

Does that help you.... You are welcome.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 9:57am On Jun 14, 2013
deSika: i also asked whether your definition included thieves and prostitutes. Son of God just denotes a peculiar relationship with God. There is no relationship between light and darkness.
my friend thats dual nature for you. Being a man in the sense of following all the rules that govern humanhood. Being a spirit being/GOD in the sense of existing from time immemorial. Ability to give life etc.

That ^ made no sense to me.

If Jesus was a spirit he would not have been able to pay for the ransom.

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin." (Hebrews 9:22).

"There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." (1 Corinthians 15:40).

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." (1 Corinthians 15:50).

Spirit ^ dont have blood.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by benalvino(m): 9:57am On Jun 14, 2013
Godhead is same as deity or divinity. Jesus was fully divine by nature.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by benalvino(m): 10:01am On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin." (Hebrews 9:22).

You haven't heard about the word incarnation? I assume by your explanation you are saying he was a man in heaven before he created everything? Laughing my arss out
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 10:10am On Jun 14, 2013
deSika: truth is what you call a lie. Hebrews 1:8, micah 4:2 ...whose going forth have been from the old from everlasting
has he not always been predestined to do all he did. Or was he just any other person who just became lucky to be anointed, and as such started doing powerful things. The anointing part is just a confirmation of what has already been pre planned no my friend, you are wrong. Angels cannot create so they cant be called to do what they cant do.
question already answered. The difference is the 'creation ability' of the parties involved which means they just have to be God

People will always come up with notion to buttress whatever they want to believe.

The bible says that Jesus was there, God (Yahweh) was there and angels were there:

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?
declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" (Job 38:4-7).

Keep believing what that makes you happy.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 10:17am On Jun 14, 2013
deSika: i must applaud your dodgentiantis. One minute your likes would be asking where does the bible call Jesus God but when you are shown you resort to "The scriptures call all of us GOD"

Jesus is involved in creation (an exclusive ability of God, no man can create life) and then called God and you Ijawkid has the guts to equate him with man that cannot create life.

Did you see 'mighty' in Isaiah 9:6. Does it not make a difference to you. Or will you now say "The scriptures calls all of us mighty GOD too"

Isaiah even adds more sand to your garri. Did you see the word 'everlasting father '. What! Everlasting what! Bro Ijawkid pls can you confirm whether what am seeing is in your bible. It seems my eyes are playing tricks on me. How many fathers do we have. JESUS, the everlasting Father. What about God the father. Mbok Ijawkid i need some help.

Acts 20:28 is now wrong abi, its no longer a translation problem its now the text itself that is wrong kwo.

Thats the truth stirring at your face. All the translations say the same thing 'his blood' . JESUS is the God who used his blood to buy the church. Thats what the verse is saying.

Question again is why does the bible call Jesus a mighty God, everlasting father and yet You Ijawkid and Frosbel refuse to call him that. Why

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3)
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by ijawkid(m): 10:27am On Jun 14, 2013
deSika: i must applaud your dodgentiantis. One minute your likes would be asking where does the bible call Jesus God but when you are shown you resort to "The scriptures call all of us GOD"
Lol....can the Father which is the one GOD I know bleed??....please check your rendering and see if it makes any sense......

deSika:
Is there any ability that isn't exclusive to God alone until he extends it to his servants??.......

Now I would ask you.....the life Jesus has in himself isn't it the Father who gave it to him??.......

The more you try to equate Jesus to his Father and God the more you are invariably equating man with Jesus........

Learn that bro....

deSika:

What truth??.....

deSika:

Mighty is what even mortal men have answered .........

That scripture projects that Jesus would be a powerful ruler...one being a representative of God the Father in rulership...

If you had noticed,Jesus would not be called mighty God until he has been given rulership.....make ona dey open ona eye dey read.......

deSika:

Please compare this prophecy with his words when he said call no one Father except God the Father...now it should have occured to you that Jesus was going to play a role by virtue of what God gives to him......

No isrealite who knew about isaiah 9:6 ran around Jesus calling him Father.....

Now see how Jesus would be called eternal Father...its in a representative form...

Hebrews 2:11-13
King James Version (KJV)
11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who
are sanctified are all of one(the Father): for which cause
he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my
brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing
praise unto thee.
13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And
again, Behold I and the children which God hath
given me

Jesus was given children by God and so becomes a surrogate Father in fulfillment of isaiah 9:6.......

If you look at verse 11 both Jesus and all of us all share one Father.....

Make ona dey read scriptures well

deSika:

Lol........like I said the one God is the Father.....

So its up to you to figure out who bled and who died.....

Check other renditions and see who bled....angry

deSika:

Lol.........thank God the Father that Jesus is not the one GOD the Father........

So Jesus can bleed to the core......

The one GOD I know is the Father and he has never been a man nor has he bled or died before.....cheesy
deSika:

Up there your answers are given......

That prophecy says he would be called....until his death and after his ressurection those names could not apply to him........

1 Like

Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2013
deSika: Questions yet unanswered, bro Ijawkid, truthislight, Boomark, Frosbel, honeychild etc

The word god is a title, remember, there was no capitalisation in Hebrew and greek letters.

If stones and satan is called "god" in the bible, how much more Jesus christ .

See:

"He heweth him down cedars, and taketh the cypress and the oak, which he strengtheneth for himself among the trees of the forest: he planteth an ash, and the rain doth nourish it. Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto." (Isaiah 44:14-15).

The word God is a name that is given to anything that receives worship/worshipful honor.

So, when talking about God/gods, Jesus christ that Yahweh has elevated is a "mighty God". Isaiah 9:6.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by ijawkid(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2013
benalvino: Godhead is same as deity or divinity. Jesus was fully divine by nature.

And who made that possible??,,,,,,,who granted him such divine status??.......

Who??....answer...
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2013
deSika: hey bro relax, lets do some maths. Shall we

the clue is there for you.
If 'his image' (one persons image) = 'our image' (more than one persons image). It therefore means that the more than one persons have same image and not different images. Do you get that

the God that made that statement is recorded in the bible as ELOHIM (the plural form of God).

My point is this.
The words 'let us' and 'our' gives us a very LOUD indication that there is a 'more than one' ness about God. You cannot just wish it away, you cannot deny it either.

And take note that angels can not be part of the 'let us' equation. As they cannot create and as such cannot be beckoned on to do what they cannot do.

Does that help you.... You are welcome.

Jesus christ was there, Yahweh was there, just the two of them can say, "let us make man in our own image". Simple!

I dont know why you guys raise dust where there is no dust.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2013
benalvino:

You haven't heard about the word incarnation? I assume by your explanation you are saying he was a man in heaven before he created everything? Laughing my arss out

deSika: i also asked whether your definition included thieves and prostitutes. Son of God just denotes a peculiar relationship with God. There is no relationship between light and darkness.

"There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." (1 Corinthians 15:40).

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." (1 Corinthians 15:50).

(i dont want to call you name, hence, be a honest person)
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by shdemidemi(m): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

(i dont want to call you name, hence, be a honest person)

He could fulfil it because the bible says "He was made flesh"
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

^
Then he was not almighty God!
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

and blood.

^
Then he was not almighty God!
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

and blood.

^
Then he was not a spirit nor was he almighty God!
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by truthislight: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

and blood.

^
Then he was not a spirit nor was he almighty God since he had blood. Simple.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

it should not make no sense to you o, try and understand it. just stay tuned and i will show you from the scriptures soonest. my only worry is this, when you see it in the scriptures will you believe it.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

People will always come up with notion to buttress whatever they want to believe.

The bible says that Jesus was there, God (Yahweh) was there and angels were there:

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?
declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" (Job 38:4-7).

Keep believing what that makes you happy.

oga does singing for joy mean that they were among the creators uh. one thing you can do for yourself is to
1. show where angels create or have the ability to create
2. how does job 38:4-7 show that the angels were involved in creation.

oga inshort your verse clearly says that it was God that made the earth and others. and it was the job of the angels to sing and not for them to partake in the creation business.

does that help you

by the way did Micah 5:2 and heb 1: 8 help you to understand that Jesus is not a mere human being.i want to know whether you are beginning to catch it little by little.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
benalvino: Godhead is same as deity or divinity. Jesus was fully divine by nature.
nice one bro, nice one
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3)
no connection bro between what you posted and what yu highlighted.

Was Jesus called God in your bible. YES
was he called mighty God. Yes
was he called everlasting father. Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Birth Of Christ Is More Important Than His Resurrection? / Ronaldo Rejected Million of Dollar frm Pepsi TV Bcs they Funds Israeli Soldiers / Atheists!!! God Loves You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.