Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians (7679 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3)
so
no connection bro between what you posted and what yu highlighted.

Was Jesus called God in your bible. YES
was he called mighty God. Yes
was he called everlasting father. Yes
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
this is really serious
ijawkid:
Lol....can the Father which is the one GOD I know bleed??....please check your rendering and see if it makes any sense......
what are you doing to yourself. Is Jesus called God in your bible. is this Jesus involved in creation (an exclusive God ability). so the bible does not make sense again because it calls Jesus God kwo. the bible calls Jesus God in so many places why cant you call him what the bible calls him.

ijawkid:

Is there any ability that isn't exclusive to God alone until he extends it to his servants??.......
you lost me on this one, can yu show where God the father gave jesus the ability to create. can you pls

ijawkid:
Now I would ask you.....the life Jesus has in himself isn't it the Father who gave it to him??.......
no connection with what we are discussing, we are talking about the ability to create and not the possession of life. so stop dodging
ijawkid:
The more you try to equate Jesus to his Father and God the more you are invariably equating man with Jesus........
Learn that bro....
now where did i do that.

see am not the the one equating Jesus with the father, its the bible that does that. the unfortunate thing is that when i show yu where it is in the bible, you will say my rendition doesnt make sense, just to deny what you have been shown. you are saying all the translations that translated it that way doont make sense even the greek it was translated from does not make sense. so how will you see the truth.

the bible says Jesus is the everlasting father, yet the father is also the everlasting father.
the bible says Jesus is mighty God, yet the father is mighty God
the bible says Jesus is the beginning and end it also says Jesus is the beginning and the end

phil 2:6 Jesus is in the form of God...is equal with God

ijawkid:
What truth??.....

the one i have been trying to show you. that Jesus is called mighty God, a non God personality can never be called that name. everlassting father yet the father is everlasting
ijawkid:

Mighty is what even mortal men have answered .........
shey you dey see yourself, pls tell me that 'mighty God' is what even mortal has answered. keep dodging the truth.
ijawkid:
That scripture projects that Jesus would be a powerful ruler...one being a representative of God the Father in rulership...

If you had noticed,Jesus would not be called mighty God until he has been given rulership.....make ona dey open ona eye dey read.......
my problem is that why would Jesus be called mighty God even when given rulership and you cannot call him mighty God, why, why, why. why would someone be called mighty God if he is not a mighty God.

ijawkid:
Please compare this prophecy with his words when he said call no one Father except God the Father...now it should have occured to you that Jesus was going to play a role by virtue of what God gives to him......

No isrealite who knew about isaiah 9:6 ran around Jesus calling him Father.....

Now see how Jesus would be called eternal Father...its in a representative form...

Hebrews 2:11-13
King James Version (KJV)
11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who
are sanctified are all of one(the Father): for which cause
he is not ashamed to call them brethren ,
12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my
brethren, [/b]in the midst of the church will I sing
praise unto thee.
13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And
again, Behold I and [b]the children which God hath
given me

Jesus was given children by God and so becomes a surrogate Father in fulfillment of isaiah 9:6.......

If you look at verse 11 both Jesus and all of us all share one Father.....

Make ona dey read scriptures well
my dear yoou are not doing yourself good at all, you are confusing yourself, bigtime
ijawkid:
Lol........like I said the one God is the Father.....

So its up to you to figure out who bled and who died.....

Check other renditions and see who bled....angry
the son is what, an angel or a God
niv, kjv, youngs litteral, nasb, esv, aramaic, nlt all said 'his blood". so what are you now saying.

Lol.........thank God the Father that Jesus is not the one GOD the Father........

So Jesus can bleed to the core......

The one GOD I know is the Father and he has never been a man nor has he bled or died before.....cheesy
what category do you put the son. angel or God

Up there your answers are given......
SMH

That prophecy says he would be called....until his death and after his ressurection those names could not apply to him........

when the names apply to him according to you, will you call him the mighty God.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

The word god is a title, remember, there was no capitalisation in Hebrew and greek letters.

If stones and satan is called "god" in the bible, how much more Jesus christ .

See:

"He heweth him down cedars, and taketh the cypress and the oak, which he strengtheneth for himself among the trees of the forest: he planteth an ash, and the rain doth nourish it. Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto." (Isaiah 44:14-15).

The word God is a name that is given to anything that receives worship/worshipful honor.

So, when talking about God/gods, Jesus christ that Yahweh has elevated is a "mighty God". Isaiah 9:6.

na wa when you say Jesus is the son of God. which God are you referring to. so why are you now bringing satan is called god into the issue.

if the God you are referring to is the creator God, then pls answer my question; the son of the creator God is a what.
permit me to rephrase myy questions as i see that you are an artful dodger.

pls take note, when i say God I mean the creator God. i will now proceed to use the word god without a capital letter
1. the son of the creator/almighty god is a what. can a cow have a goat for a son
2. what kind of spirit being is Jesus
a. an angel (non creator god) spirit being
b. creator god spirit being

what you failed to understand is this my friend.
God the father is also called mighty God, why will Jesus be called the exact name of God the father.

john 5:18
therefore the jews sought the moore to kill him, because he not only had broke the sabbath, but also said that God was his father, making himself equal with God
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

And who made that possible??,,,,,,,who granted him such divine status??.......

Who??....answer...
i dont even understand you again. Is it that you agree that Jesus has a divine status but refuse to accord him that.

Would you be kind to show where the father gave the son the a divine status/deity.

But even if your story is correct that Jesus was given deity/divinity status. Then why cant you call him deity, why cant you call him God.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by benalvino(m): 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
so ijawkid and co your problem is that God cant bleed and jesus bled so he is not God?
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

Jesus christ was there, Yahweh was there, just the two of them can say, "let us make man in our own image". Simple!

I dont know why you guys raise dust where there is no dust.
good, you are coming up. JESUS and YAHWEH were there. No angels. Thats good.

So can i get you to confirm to me that you agree that there is a 'more than one person' about God when he says 'let us'

Then from there we can move on.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by benalvino(m): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

Acts ofcourse is a wrong rendering....

I would advice you read other renditions to get the real rendering of that verse......

stop mocking God grin.....

The scriptures call all of us GOD......

The one GOD is what is in question...

And he is the Father alone......

God does not have blood.....
Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Titus 2:13
while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

acts is wrong rendering cause it debunk you... act called Jesus God...

say titus is wrong too... in your bible them add with his son's blood tongue

Philippians 2:5-11

New International Version (NIV)

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
you see why he bled? or is this passage rendered wrong again?

it says he made himself if you like bring that your wayo say na father make am nothing... even if no wahala he is GOD
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

That ^ made no sense to me.

If Jesus was a spirit he would not have been able to pay for the ransom.

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin." (Hebrews 9:22).

"There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." (1 Corinthians 15:40).

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." (1 Corinthians 15:50).

Spirit ^ dont have blood.

(i dont want to call you name, hence, be a honest person)
uhm your case is a serious one o. First of all. Am sure that you understand that Jesus is the word. The bible says in the begining was the word. The word was with God. The word was not with God as a man. The word became flesh. The fleshy Jesus and the word that was with God are the same essence. The word became flesh, became man and as a man must need have a blood. Does not remove the fact that he is still the word (a non man). Does it still not make sense to you.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

^
Then he was not almighty God!
truthislight: and blood.

^
Then he was not a spirit nor was he almighty God!
truthislight:

^
Then he was not almighty God!
if i showed you from the scriptures would you agree to it
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by Boomark(m): 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

Man is not totally in the same image as God because, He is 'man'. 'Let us make 'man' in our image', God/Elohim (plural) said. Therefore Christ is a complete/perfect image of God.

Christ is the perfect image of God because of the fullness of Godhead which God gave to him. You don't know this because you don't know the meaning of Godhead. They tell you Godhead consist of 3 persons and you just believed it to be so.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by ijawkid(m): 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
deSika: this is really seriouswhat are you doing to yourself. Is Jesus called God in your bible. is this Jesus involved in creation (an exclusive God ability). so the bible does not make sense again because it calls Jesus God kwo. the bible calls Jesus God in so many places why cant you call him what the bible calls him.
So just Jesus being called God is all you want to hear abi??..

Then wahala no dey na...as long as you guys don't call him the Father who is the one God or equate Jesus with him then I no get problem.......

Even satan na God too....God no be anybody name...cheesy

deSika:

you lost me on this one, can yu show where God the father gave jesus the ability to create. can you pls

Can you show me just one place in the scriptures where God gave man the ability to build aeroplanes??......

What ever the son can do it is the Father who has given him the power and has taught him.....

Read your scriptures...

deSika:

no connection with what we are discussing, we are talking about the ability to create and not the possession of life. so stop dodging
now where did i do that.

This isn't dodging....why do you think the Father can create in the first place??.....is it not because he has life in himself??.....he granted that to his son....

deSika:

see am not the the one equating Jesus with the father, its the bible that does that. the unfortunate thing is that when i show yu where it is in the bible, you will say my rendition doesnt make sense, just to deny what you have been shown. you are saying all the translations that translated it that way doont make sense even the greek it was translated from does not make sense. so how will you see the truth.

the bible says Jesus is the everlasting father, yet the father is also the everlasting father.
the bible says Jesus is mighty God, yet the father is mighty God

The scriptures never equates with Jesus with the Father you guys are the ones doing that...

Ok let's do this...

Jesus is called king of kings,nebuchadnezzar was also called king of kings....

Are they both equal??....

Translation is not even the issue here...understanding is the problem....

What you should have asked yourself is how would Jesus act as eternal Father....

Instead of asking you hurry to conclude he is the same with the Father,even when you know the Father in heaven is the Father of Jesus...make ona dey get sense small...angry

deSika:

the one i have been trying to show you. that Jesus is called mighty God, a non God personality can never be called that name. everlassting father yet the father is everlasting
shey you dey see yourself, pls tell me that 'mighty God' is what even mortal has answered. keep dodging the truth.
my problem is that why would Jesus be called mighty God even when given rulership and you cannot call him mighty God, why, why, why. why would someone be called mighty God if he is not a mighty God.

And Jesus on earth emphatically has told you that he is lesser than his Father....what else do you want from him.....

Lol.....now try to figure out why Jesu would be called El Gibbor...

Rulership and power would be given to him,that is why he would be called that......

Abi you knw read when the Father give am kingdoms and power??.....would Jesus be called these names if his Father didn't exalt him??...eh mr desika...

And like I said the hebrew word el gibbor which is translated to mighty God has been applied to mighty earthly rulers in the bible...you want some few examples??

deSika:

my dear yoou are not doing yourself good at all, you are confusing yourself, bigtime

I just answered your question on why Jesus would be called eternal Father and here you are closing your eyes.....

Read the scriptures and see how the prophecy in isaiah 9:6 applied to Jesus and not run around yapping about the trinity..

deSika:

the son is what, an angel or a God
niv, kjv, youngs litteral, nasb, esv, aramaic, nlt all said 'his blood". so what are you now saying.

Is he the Father who is our one GOD??......

Son can bleed but the one God the Father can never and has never died nor bled before....

See this rendition..

Good News Translation (GNT)
28 So keep watch over yourselves and over all
the flock which the Holy Spirit has placed in
your care. Be shepherds of the church of God,
[a] which he made his own through the blood of
his Son.[b]

the church of God which he bought with the
blood of his own Son. (JB).

the church of God which he obtained with the
blood of his own Son. (RSV)

Doesn't it sound nice ??...cheesy....

deSika:

what category do you put the son. angel or God

Gods firstborn son...

deSika:

when the names apply to him according to you, will you call him the mighty God.

No need to call him the mighty GOD....he is acting in that position to rid this world off badness..and he would hand over these kingdoms back to the Father who gave him and made him mighty...when that happens your eye go clear....he has a name..and his name is Jesus Christ...is that not enough??.....
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by ijawkid(m): 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
benalvino:

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Titus 2:13
while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

acts is wrong rendering cause it debunk you... act called Jesus God...

say titus is wrong too... in your bible them add with his son's blood tongue

Philippians 2:5-11

New International Version (NIV)

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
you see why he bled? or is this passage rendered wrong again?

it says he made himself if you like bring that your wayo say na father make am nothing... even if no wahala he is GOD

Like a colleague once asked you....

Is Jesus the Father??.......

And as per the acts 20:28 quoted please go see how fellow trinitarian scholars dey discard the KJV's rendering......

cheesy.....

Well Jesus did bleed that we know...but not the Father which I recognize as the one and only true God....
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by ijawkid(m): 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
deSika: i dont even understand you again. Is it that you agree that Jesus has a divine status but refuse to accord him that.

Would you be kind to show where the father gave the son the a divine status/deity.

But even if your story is correct that Jesus was given deity/divinity status. Then why cant you call him deity, why cant you call him God.

I know Jesus has a divine status which ofcourse the Father made him have..........

No need to call Jesus deity because we have to acknowledge the one GOD the Father.....

John 17:3
King James Version (KJV)
3 And this is life eternal, that they might
know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ,
whom thou hast sent.

All angels are divine,I can't just run around calling them GOD......they all have names....Jesus has his name....

Call him by his name...the moment you call GOD it should be directed to the Father the one GOD over Jesus and evrybody....
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by benalvino(m): 11:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

Like a colleague once asked you....

Is Jesus the Father??.......

And as per the acts 20:28 quoted please go see how fellow trinitarian scholars dey discard the KJV's rendering......

cheesy.....

Well Jesus did bleed that we know...but not the Father which I recognize as the one and only true God....

Jesus is God... He became flesh n bled so what's prob?... From the start or the zillionth time I said Jesus is distinct from the father.

That same Jesus called him self God almighty

Not a single thing wrong with acts... This is one of the things you dont like because it proved the point. The word was God it became flesh back in revelation he is Called God Isaiah says he will see God at the resurrection with his eyes. So acts is not mistranslated...
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by benalvino(m): 11:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

I know Jesus has a divine status which ofcourse the Father made him have..........

No need to call Jesus deity because we have to acknowledge the one GOD the Father.....

King James Version (KJV)
whom thou hast sent.

All angels are divine,I can't just run around calling them GOD......they all have names....Jesus has his name....

Call him by his name...the moment you call GOD it should be directed to the Father the one GOD over Jesus and evrybody....

When the father give am? When he was in heaven or when he was a man on earth... Give us scriptures we no they for assumptions
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by ijawkid(m): 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
benalvino:

Jesus is God... He became flesh n bled so what's prob?... From the start or the zillionth time I said Jesus is distinct from the father.

That same Jesus called him self God almighty

Not a single thing wrong with acts... This is one of the things you dont like because it proved the point. The word was God it became flesh back in revelation he is Called God Isaiah says he will see God at the resurrection with his eyes. So acts is not mistranslated...

and iI think we don tell you tire say Jesus no call himself almighty God....

he is not the Father nor an equal with his Father....

to us there is but one GOD the Father....

thank you....
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by ijawkid(m): 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
benalvino:

When the father give am? When he was in heaven or when he was a man on earth... Give us scriptures we no they for assumptions

but first you gree say the Father give am?
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

Christ is the perfect image of God because of the fullness of Godhead which God gave to him. You don't know this because you don't know the meaning of Godhead. They tell you Godhead consist of 3 persons and you just believed it to be so.
Pls can you show where God gave Jesus the godhead. Whats your definition of Godhead
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by benalvino(m): 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

thank you....

You they argue with the bible if so..
tell me when them pierce the father... Not just one verse. He called him self God almighty
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by benalvino(m): 11:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

Where the father give am... Its like U they close ur eyes to scriptures we post. Show me where the father give am?
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by Boomark(m): 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
deSika: hey bro relax, lets do some maths. Shall we

the clue is there for you.
If 'his image' (one persons image) = 'our image' (more than one persons image). It therefore means that the more than one persons have same image and not different images. Do you get that

the God that made that statement is recorded in the bible as ELOHIM (the plural form of God).

My point is this.
The words 'let us' and 'our' gives us a very LOUD indication that there is a 'more than one' ness about God. You cannot just wish it away, you cannot deny it either.

And take note that angels can not be part of the 'let us' equation. As they cannot create and as such cannot be beckoned on to do what they cannot do.

Does that help you.... You are welcome.

I asked you , who is this God and you are telling me
"the God that made that statement is recorded in the bible as God(ELOHIM)" is this an answer to you or you dont know the answer? you just said "the God is God." the God that said "let us" is He a person or 3 persons talking to themselves?

'Let us reason together' is also for there to be oneness between God and man, you cannot wish that away. until you are able to answer the question of who made the statement above, i cannot join you to make a wrong conclusion.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by Boomark(m): 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
benalvino: Godhead is same as deity or divinity. Jesus was fully divine by nature.

At least now you know it not made up of 3 persons. i thought you would have said something when i showed it to you on the other thread.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 12:35am On Jun 15, 2013
ijawkid:
So just Jesus being called God is all you want to hear abi??..
Then wahala no dey na... as long as you guys don't call him the Father who is the one God or equate Jesus with him then I no get problem.......
Even satan na God too....God no be anybody name...cheesy
so can you now call Jesus God. I want to know so i know that you are catching it little by little

at the bolded.
1. JESUS is distinct from the father. The 3 persons are distinct. That explains the 'in our image' yet they are one, that explains the 'in his image'

2. JESUS IS equal with the father in essence. Would you want to argue with Phil 2:6. That says Jesus is in the form of God...equal with God. [Our image = his image in genesis]

Can you show me just one place in the scriptures where God gave man the ability to build aeroplanes??......

What ever the son can do it is the Father who has given him the power and has taught him.....

Read your scriptures...

is that how you answer a question. If you cant answer how the father gave Jesus the ability to create then am afraid to tell you that you are just wishing. We are not in a wishing palace.

This isn't dodging....why do you think the Father can create in the first place??.....is it not because he has life in himself??.....he granted that to his son....
so having life equates to ability to create uhn. Clap for yourself.

Now check this out. John 3:16 ...that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [ are you trying to say that whosoever believeth will have the ability to create]
john 10:10 i am come that they might have life and life abundantly. [so Jesus came to give us the ability to create according to Ijawkids gospel]

The scriptures never equates with Jesus with the Father you guys are the ones doing that...

Ok let's do this...

Jesus is called king of kings,nebuchadnezzar was also called king of kings....
Are they both equal??....

Translation is not even the issue here...understanding is the problem....

What you should have asked yourself is how would Jesus act as eternal Father....

Instead of asking you hurry to conclude he is the same with the Father,even when you know the Father in heaven is the Father of Jesus...make ona dey get sense small...angry
phil 2 :6 Jesus being in the form of God...equal with God
john 5:18 ...Jesus said God was his father making himself equal with God

And Jesus on earth emphatically has told you that he is lesser than his Father....what else do you want from him.....
Jesus is distinct from God the father.

Lol.....now try to figure out why Jesu would be called El Gibbor...

Rulership and power would be given to him,that is why he would be called that......

Abi you knw read when the Father give am kingdoms and power??.....would Jesus be called these names if his Father didn't exalt him??...eh mr desika...

And like I said the hebrew word el gibbor which is translated to mighty God has been applied to mighty earthly rulers in the bible...you want some few examples??
yes pls, by the time you are done, pls do let me know if you have decided to start calling Jesus mighty God since that verse called him that

I just answered your question on why Jesus would be called eternal Father and here you are closing your eyes.....

Read the scriptures and see how the prophecy in isaiah 9:6 applied to Jesus and not run around yapping about the trinity..
if Jesus is everlasting father to the children you talked about. What would God the father be to those children

Is he the Father who is our one GOD??......
Son can bleed but the one God the Father can never and has never died nor bled before....
Jesus is distinct from the father. Jesus is distinct from the holyspirit. Yet Jesus is called what The father is called and does what the father does. They have distinct roles

See this rendition..
Good News Translation (GNT)
28 So keep watch over yourselves and over all
the flock which the Holy Spirit has placed in
your care. Be shepherds of the church of God,
[a] which he made his own through the blood of
his Son.[b]
the church of God which he bought with the
blood of his own Son. (JB).
the church of God which he obtained with the
blood of his own Son. (RSV)
Doesn't it sound nice ??...cheesy....
ok we then have to go to the greek translation.

Gods firstborn son...
intelligent dodger. Is sonhood his nature. GODS firstborn son is he a GOD as per his fathers nature or is he an angel spirit being as per been like angel Gabriel who does not have a work with creation
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 12:52am On Jun 15, 2013

No need to call him the mighty GOD ....he is acting in that position to rid this world off badness..and he would hand over these kingdoms back to the Father who gave him and made him mighty...when that happens your eye go clear....he has a name..and his name is Jesus Christ...is that not enough??.....

ijawkid:

No need to call Jesus deity
because we have to acknowledge the one GOD the Father.....

King James Version (KJV)
whom thou hast sent.

will you be kind to show where the father gave Jesus divine status.

You agree that Jesus is deity but you cant just call him deity. But you were comfortable to tell me that satan is god. But you cant say same for Jesus. Ok

its seems to me that you are wiser than the bible. Because as it is the bible says and his name shall be called mighty God but Ijawkid says No need to call him the mighty GOD . Wiseman Ijawkid
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 1:20am On Jun 15, 2013
ijawkid:

thank you....
deut 6:4
hear o isreal: the the lord our God is one lord

1 cor 8: 6
but to us there is but one God , the father ...and one lord Jesus Christ

in deut the lord is called God and he is one. in corinthans Jesus is the lord. Remember this lord was called God in deut now he is identified as Jesus.
Remember also the lord is one lord in deut.

Now father is God. Jesus is lord and lord is God therefore he is God [you may also consider removing the capital letters from the God as you are wont to do]
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 1:21am On Jun 15, 2013
ijawkid:

simple show where the father give am.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 1:30am On Jun 15, 2013
Boomark:

I asked you , who is this God and you are telling me
"the God that made that statement is recorded in the bible as God(ELOHIM)" is this an answer to you or you dont know the answer? you just said "the God is God." the God that said "let us" is He a person or 3 persons talking to themselves?

'Let us reason together' is also for there to be oneness between God and man, you cannot wish that away. until you are able to answer the question of who made the statement above, i cannot join you to make a wrong conclusion.

is that not what is recorded in the bible. Or you want me to formulate my own ideas ni.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 2:10am On Jun 15, 2013
Now lets go into the scriptures. shall we

THE 'MORE THAN ONE PERSON' NATURE OF GOD

Gen 1:26 And God said let [/b] us [/b] make man in our image according to our likeness.[why does this verse not read: and God said let him make man in his image according to his likeness, your guess is as good as mine. More than one persons involved yet in verse 27 it says and God created man in his image. My question is why the seemingly inconsistencies, is God trying to tell us something about his nature ]

gen 3:22
...then the lord God said "behold the man has become like one of us

gen 11:7
come let us go down but does not say in verse 8 "so the lords scattered." instead it says "so the lord". How can one lord be 'us'. Or did it happen that the other persons that were beckoned on refused to act with the speaker.
Its only teaching us that there is a more than one person nature about God yet these persons act as one.

The word used for God is Elohim a plural now yet is used as if he is one.

So who are the persons that make up the Elohim
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 2:51am On Jun 15, 2013
THE 'MORE THAN ONE PERSON NATURE' OF GOD -- howmany are they

it baffles me when i see self professed christians attacking the concept of trinity calling it pagan originated, satan inspired ideas. I say within myself, these people dont know that they are attacking the very bible which they carry.

In the cause of interacting with ijawkid and friends, i have discovered that they have a problem with the no 3, why must it be 3, they ask, why not 10 or 5 billion. So lets go to the scriptures to see what it says. Tighten your seatbelts, its gonna be a long ride.

First bustop
isaiah 48:16
come ye near unto me, hear ye this; i have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am i: and now THE LORD GOD, and his SPIRIT Hath sent ME

The person speaking identifies himself as the first and the last in verse 12, the foundation layer of the heavens and earth in v13. Then in verse 16 he says the Lord God and his spirit has sent him. So we see the speaker, the lord God and the spirit. Thats how many 3.

Isaiah 42:1
behold my servant, whom i uphold, mine elect, in whom my soul delighted, i have put my spirit upon him,he shall bring forth Judgement to the gentiles. 3 persons

In Isaiah 61:1 the person sent with the goodnews (gospel) says the lord had anointed him. We also the see the spirit of God upon him. Thats 3 persons
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 3:52am On Jun 15, 2013
So could Jesus be God almigthy.

Hmm, big question but lets go to the scriptures.

In isaiah 48 :16 i had already shown a creator being, who says he is the first and the last telling us that the Lord God and his spirit hath sent him. This creator being who says he is sent by the lord God also tell us that "i am the lord and there is none else, there is no God beside me" in chapter 45:5. There is no God beside him. is he joking or what and yet he is sent by the lord God. He says he is a just God and a savior, chap45:2.

So who is this God that there is on God beside him, that created the universe yet he is sent by another Lord God and his spirit. Could this be Jesus. Hmmm.

Malachi 3:1
behold i will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me ; and the lord whom ye seek,shall suddenly come to his temple....saith the lord of host.

Here the lord of host is saying he will send his messenger( this is obviously John the baptist) to prepare the way before him (the lord of host). Here it seems John the baptist is to prepare the way before the lord of host. But John came to prepare way for Jesus. Does it mean that Jesus is the lord of host. Am sure you are getting the picture. Why would Jesus call him self the Lord of host.

Zechariah 2:10,11
sing and rejoice, o daughter of Zion: for lo, i come and i will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the lord ......and i will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shall know that the lord of host hath sent me unto thee.

rewind to verse 8,9
for thus saith the lord of hosts; .... And ye shall know that the lord of host hath sent me.

Hosea 1:7
but i will have mercy upon the house of judah, and i will save them by the lord thier God .....

Are you guys still with me. The Lord is saying that will save them by the lord thier God. He will save then by Jesus the lord thier God lets link this us with matthew 1:21 and she shall bring forth a son,and thou shalt call his name Jesus; for he shall save his people from thier sins and acts 4:12 ....for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Its so clear, if you are arguing against Jesus being God you are evidently arguing against the bible.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 3:56am On Jun 15, 2013
Christians are those who submit to what God has said about himself,however lofty his self revelation may be.
Re: For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians by deSika(m): 4:07am On Jun 15, 2013
If Jesus says there is no other God beside him, the bible says he is the mighty God, thomas says he is his lord, Jesus says he created the earth. How then can you not Call and reverence Jesus as God. he says he is the first and last and the bible says he is everlasting father, how dare you say he has a beginning,

Jesus is lord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know / Baptism Of The Holy Spirit. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye / Help Me Interpret This Horrible Dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.