Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt (30989 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Symphony007: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2013
bitweezy: I seriously do not understand why Amaechi gets a lot of hype, Rivers State earns the highest allocation in the country and all he has done with the huge revenue is build schools, with no infrastructural development. I heard the town gets flooded every year and nothing has been done to improve the plight of the masses, no major road network or visible presence of the Government.

Try visiting Gombe State and see the massive projects executed in just one year both schools, roads and the entire city is currently been piped for water, you would then realize that he is as corrupt as Odili.

Uyo, Akwa Ibom is generally more celebrated than Port Harcourt. A city like Port Harcourt ought to be more beautiful than it is now and some slowpoke dears to compare him to Fashola (am not a lagosian).

As far as I am concerned Amaechi deserves whatever the FG does to him cos he has not differentiated himself like Fashola and the likes.

let me start with you...you just outlined rubbish! First of all, you cannot compare the city of port harcourt to any city in the south south. Firstly, no south south city is as populated as p;h therefore the pressure on infastructure in much..uyo can build a road and only a few cars with goats and chickens ply them but port harcourt like lagos has official rush hours. The stupid belief that port harcourt is centered around aba road is crazy, there is stadium road,olu obasanjo,airforce,airport,rumuola,LNG,odili,etc;;,plus ameachi does not just spend money on planting flowers and trees which by nigerian standard id "development" he spends money on development agencies like the RSSDA which has sent hundreds abroad for scholarship and gives millions in micro finance loans to riverines plus i am sure you have not heard of the greater port harcourt project. Next time before you give such a shambolic assesment of what you do not know, visit the city first and get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is about schools for little kids and not eko ile.

Must you you shallow illiterates bother us with this stupidity? Get out of the thread if you have nothing better to contribute.. It's not by force.

What a bunch of scums..

We are not going anywhere. We are right here with you today, for better for worse. Till the MODs delete the thread do us part!... grin

Akwa Ibom Power Plant!!! Please post the the picture of that your Fashola generator again, thank you!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ewet: 10:36am On Jun 17, 2013
Are you kidding me, are this really public schools or private schools?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by rozayx5(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/734421/6000-pupils-share-toilet-lagos
i hope this has been resolved grin grin grin

[size=30pt]Fears of epidemic in Lagos State public schools, as 6,000 pupils share toilet[/size]

A major outbreak of epidemic may be in the offing in public schools in Lagos State as findings show that in some cases as many as 6,000 pupils share one toilet. In most schools, pupils defecate carelessly around their school compounds due to either lack of toilet facilities or inadequate latrines, Olunike Asaolu and Motunrayo Aboderin report.

Dirty toilets, broken water systems, faulty stall doors and dearth of toilets have now become a norm in public schools across Lagos State, an indication that the state is still far from reaching the Millennium Development Goal on sanitation.

Goal seven of the MDG is to ensure environmental sustainability. And Target C of the goal is to halve by 2015, the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water and halve basic sanitation. One of the indicators of this, according to Section 7.8, is the proportion of the population using an improved drinking water source. Section 7.9 deals with the proportion of the population using improved sanitation facilities

Investigations into the state of toilet facilities in public schools by our correspondents show that toilets in government schools are dirty and grossly inadequate. Because of this, near-by bushes around the school areas have been turned to dung dump, a situation experts claim may result in serious epidemic unless it is urgently checked.

Visits to public schools in different local government areas in Lagos including Ikorodu, Ajeromi/Ifelodun and Alimosho show that the pupils do not only lack basic learning facilities but also do not have access to essential amenities that should make life more comfortable for them.

In most of these schools, the toilets were filled up to the extent that there were excreta on the floor, and where the toilets were manageable, there was no water to flush or clean them. Some toilets had been shut and condemned by school authorities.

For instance, at Tolu Complex in Ajegunle, Nkiru Nwachukwu and some of her friends, all pupils of Ojora Memorial Junior Secondary School, Ajegunle, Lagos, were seen outside the school premises, looking for a place to ease themselves, though they had lied to the gatemen that they were going out to buy something to eat.

Nwachukwu, who appeared to be more outspoken of all the pupils told one of our correspondents that it was easier to get out of the compound when they deceive the gatement of their mission. She said, “We don’t go out to buy anything, though this is what we usually tell our gate men. But we are always coming out to look for where to ease ourselves, because our school toilets are bad. Nobody uses them anymore. In fact, they are in a terrible mess, we don’t go near them, and they have been locked. So, we all look for where to urinate or defecate probably in the bush around us here.”

A pupil of the school, Damilola Olagunju, who was reluctant to enter the toilet, said she hardly used the toilet. Everyday, before coming to school, she said she made sure she eased herself to relieve herself of any form of discomfort during school hours.

Asked where she would ease herself, if at all she felt like going to the toilet, Olagunju said, “Then I will just go to a bush or one corner of the school. I don’t ease myself in public, but I have no choice. I just can’t imagine myself using that toilet. I don’t want to catch any funny disease. It’s really not good that we don’t have a clean toilet. I wish something could be done.”
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Symphony007: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: abeg,this man try oh.I comot cap for am.Amaechi dey kampe.no mind them all.
F$ck GEJ.F$ck Dame PEJ,F$ck PDP,F$ck NGF,F$ck them all in Nigerian dirty politics.
BTW.are the schools free or at least affordable to the average student.
Anyways impressive.it beats the lagos version.
my dear, these schools are free, not only that, the government provides kids with free uniform, free books,free sandal,bags, and even lunch...the launch of this schools are making private schools up their game because they are loosing buisness!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 10:40am On Jun 17, 2013
ewet: Are you kidding me, are this really public schools or private schools?

Yes they are public schools. They are the beautiful works of a [size=14pt]PDP[/size] governor! Clap! Clap!! Clap!!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Policewoman(f): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

Madam.. The traffic situation in Rivers State is a nightmare no doubt, but lets still give him credit for road construction abeg!

Shoooo!! The man no be winch..

The roads to be fixed in Rivers State are just too darn much.. Hurricane Amaechi is about to enter Npkogu-Trans-Amadi - Slaughter Road, Same Hurricane is also about to enter Woji - YKC - Esate road.. Same Hurricane just passed Opkoro Road, Smae just passed Npkogu village road..

Abeg the man has tried seriously.. So much is still left, but I will say kudos to him.. If not, by now, PH would be experiancing way way way worse traffic than it presently is.

AND on the Monorail matter, I'm a serious believer.. That Project would blow the socks off of unbelievers and show Rivers people why we need that monorail in our lives..
O.K o, let me agree with you Okija. But last time I crossed that slaughter bridge I learnt it was shaking and in serious need of repairs. Something also needs to be done to that YKC/slaughter/woji axis. The traffic is killing. Ehen, that Iwofe road all the way to eagle cement and beyond, is it in Amaechi's plan at all?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Symphony007: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2013
ghost writer: How are u even sure that some of these
Buildings. Are not Govt. Offices
Una come dey show us say na skul
these are rivers state government schools. The design is the same in all local government of the state. The green roofs is their signature style and they are the best public school systems in the country, if not west africa.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ocelot2006(m): 10:44am On Jun 17, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Suddenly Amaechi, of the PDP party becomes a performing governor to Eko_ Ile.

Who said miracles don't happen?

So true. Seems these A.C.N lapdogs are trying to suck up to Amaechi with the hope that the oil-rich state, a very strong PDP base, will fall to them. Too bad it won't work, but still it's kinda amusing to watch grin .

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 10:44am On Jun 17, 2013
Symphony007: my dear, these schools are free, not only that, the government provides kids with free uniform, free books,free sandal,bags, and even lunch...the launch of this schools are making private schools up their game because they are loosing buisness!

Yes! That is how we roll in PDP south south! Akwa Ibom, River, Cross Rivers

Remaining our Delta man to straighten up or we go push am out! Dickson of Bayelsa is coming up too. He has started well. Hopefully he will do the right thing unlike that drug sniffing Sylva guy!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by tsomething: 10:44am On Jun 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is not about any political party and if that's the case, what about PDP apabio next door to Rivers? Is there anything like what's in this thread in Akwa Ibom?

Akwa Ibom has the largest budget in Nigeria and even way way more than Rivers state, but after a few roads and the phoney e library, the place is still a village with nothing to show for the largest budget in Nigeria.

It's about the individual folks doing the right thing and I don't care what party they belong to, if the have something worthy to show, I show it with zero malice.

Why are you so concerned about Akwa Ibom?
Why are you speaking with both sides of your mouth?
On one post you claim this thread should focus on Rivers state and now you are comparing Akwa Ibom state.
I think you should focus your hatred on your Lagos State government who after 14 years of unbroken ACN rule cannot boast of good public schools befitting a mega city .
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Policewoman(f): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2013
cooltone:
Lies against Amaechi like above is very shameful, okporo road is 80% complete even Ada George. Our only problem in terms of road in PHC is East West Road, my office is located there and the experience on that road is hell. GEJ should please allow Amaechi fix the road . Enough of politics on this issue, we are actually suffering.
How complete is Okporo road? Pls lets be objective here. As for the East west road, I agree with you that the F.G should allow Rivers state to construct their own portion because truly, passing there is just a big nightmare. From tank, up to Eliozu bridge.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 10:48am On Jun 17, 2013
This is not about Amaechi's schools but your motive. Why will you rope in Akpabio into this debate if not for a singular reason of scoring a political cheap point?

As I told you before, the electorates are getting wiser and you need re-orientation.

You have fail to achieve your objective with this thread, better luck next time
Eko Ile:

This is about schools for little kids and not eko ile.

Must you you shallow illiterates bother us with this stupidity? Get out of the thread if you have nothing better to contribute.. It's not by force.

What a bunch of scums..

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 17, 2013
I love seeing photos of new schools

and during school i always loved the smell of new school books

Allow me to indulge & reminisce in my nerd moment
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: O.K o, let me agree with you Okija. But last time I crossed that slaughter bridge I learnt it was shaking and in serious need of repairs. Something also needs to be done to that YKC/slaughter/woji axis. The traffic is killing. Ehen, that Iwofe road all the way to eagle cement and beyond, is it in Amaechi's plan at all?

Amaechi cannot be perfect just like every human being. I can list several areas he is messing up too. But I did state categorically in a thread 3 days ago that he has A1 in education. In terms of design of the schools, they are better than Akwa Ibom schools but in terms of the resources made available and childrens welfare, Akwa Ibom is slightly better.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ewet: 10:49am On Jun 17, 2013
thelastPope:

Yes they are public schools. They are the beautiful works of a [size=14pt]PDP[/size] governor! Clap! Clap!! Clap!!!
Then hw abt all the other PDP govs are thy from a diff pary? My people hav this saying"olowo kan larin oto'shi mefa ki la ma pe gbob gbo won" meaning 1 rich man in the lidst of 6 poor men, what sshall we call all of them. They are all paupers.

3 govs performing amongst 23 govs,wht do we call the party tht produced them. Your guess is has good as mine.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 10:51am On Jun 17, 2013
cooltone:
Lies against Amaechi like above is very shameful, okporo road is 80% complete even Ada George. Our only problem in terms of road in PHC is East West Road, my office is located there and the experience on that road is hell. GEJ should please allow Amaechi fix the road . Enough of politics on this issue, we are actually suffering.

I passed Opkoro road yesterday..

My honest assessment..

Opkoro road is still bad and still under construction.

At its present state (As it is today), Opkoro road is a 100% better than what it was prior to Amaechi.

Ada George Road is still bad..

But just like Opkoro road, its still under construction..

Please lets all be reminded that these roads cost him millions to expand from what it was before.. Demolisions, compensations and the terrain.. OMG!! Opkoro road is a tough terrain.. Many past administrations have never been able to properly tackle that road.. But to say that these roads are bad is a lie..

Both roads mentioned are very much under construction, are 2 times wider than their previous width and all carry covered drainages and pedestrian side walk..

Ada george road is at 40 - 50 % completion..

Opkoro Road is at 75 - 80 % completion..

The other bad part of Opkoro raod is part of the Federal road that has been give to RCC... (East - West road)..
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: How complete is Okporo road? Pls lets be objective here. As for the East west road, I agree with you that the F.G should allow Rivers state to construct their own portion because truly, passing there is just a big nightmare. From tank, up to Eliozu bridge.

The east west road construction is ongoing massively. I just passed there about 3 weeks ago. They are constructing about 4 bridges at the same time. The PH side is progressing well. The problem I think was that they didnt get funding on time and that minister was messing around initially. I think he has sat up now and work is moving at a better speed
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2013
ewet:
Then hw abt all the other PDP govs are thy from a diff pary? My people hav this saying"olowo kan larin oto'shi mefa ki la ma pe gbob gbo won" meaning 1 rich man in the lidst of 6 poor men, what sshall we call all of them. They are all paupers.

3 govs performing amongst 23 govs,wht do we call the party tht produced them. Your guess is has good as mine.

Go and tell that to the trees!... grin

Is it not the same Almajiri governors that aint performing much that you people want to out source your presidential ticket to? Funny clowns like you lot... grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by oddy4real(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2013
Muhehehehehe. Eko-Ile the Retardeen don enter one chance today!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ballabriggs: 10:55am On Jun 17, 2013
Lagos has built far number of classroom blocks in the last few years. It is just there and we don't even look at it anymore. From Ikeja High School, Ransome Kuti, to Ewutuntu, to Gbaja girls, how many do you even want to list.

If anyone knows the uncompleted buildings we call "Mudashiru" in most Lagos schools in those days. If you go round Lagos today you will not see any of those buildings, they have all been completed. Those buildings were left abandoned since Gbolahan Mudasiru's time in the mid 1980s. Fashola came in with the State Schools rehabilitation project and they are all completed today.

But like I always argue, Lagos is highly constrained by the surge in it's population. Places like Ikorodu and Ibeju were local fishing towns before have been taking over by the rising urban population. Most of the schools in those rural areas were planned for the farming population but today people are migrating in large numbers to those places and there is a huge pressure on resources and services in those areas.

Birch Freeman below. I knew what this school looked like in the past.

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 17, 2013
RTH Amechi, happens to be a Ghetto kid, he probably knew what deprivation meant, if you re not in Port Harcourt, you may not truly believe these pictures,
Those who may deny it, re probably Obote men
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Symphony007: 10:58am On Jun 17, 2013
domcarez:
shut the crap,am sure u r 4rm rivers state, do u knw ur pple in the rural areas are embarassed, only ph town and obiakpor lga are the only cities that can measure up to modern city standard, u r living in denial,tel urself the truth slowpoke
guess you have not heard of bonny island, the only place in nigeria which has uninterrupted power supply, you have not heard of buguma city,ahoada,onne,etc,,,do you even know what you arre talking about?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2013
ballabriggs: Lagos has built far number of classroom blocks in the last few years. It is just there and we don't even look at it anymore.

If anyone knows the uncompleted buildings we call "Mudashiru" in most Lagos schools in those days. If you go round Lagos today you will not see any of those buildings, they have all been completed. Those buildings were left abandoned since Gbolahan Mudasiru's time in the mid 1980s. Fashola came in with the State Schools rehabilitation project and they are all completed today.

But like I always argue, Lagos is highly constrained by the surge in it's population. Places like Ikorodu and Ibeju were local fishing towns before have been taking over by the rising urban population. Most of the schools in those rural areas were planned for the farming population but today people are migrating in large numbers to those places and there is a huge pressure on resources and services in those areas.

Lies and more lies! Most people in Lagos put their children in private schools. There is no huge pressure in resources. Just an excuse for failure. There is no public school within 4 miles from my house....Liars like Liar Mohammed!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ballabriggs: 11:00am On Jun 17, 2013
thelastPope:

Lies and more lies! Most people in Lagos put their children in private schools. There is no huge pressure in resources. Just an excuse for failure. There is no public school within 4 miles from my house....Liars like Liar Mohammed!

You live in Oronto's bedroom, how can there be a school close to your house?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ewet: 11:00am On Jun 17, 2013
thelastPope:

Go and tell that to the trees!... grin

Is it not the same Almajiri governors that aint performing much that you people want to out source your presidential ticket to? Funny clowns like you lot... grin
You had better come join the progressive train. The PDP one you are on is not in anyway progressive nd its leading you no where other than destruction.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 17, 2013
o godamn! those schools are of intl. standard, i swear. Very commendable.

But why i come waste my MB like that naw? I mean wetin i gain frm viewing those pics?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 11:02am On Jun 17, 2013
ballabriggs: Lagos has built far number of classroom blocks in the last few years. It is just there and we don't even look at it anymore. From Ikeja High School, Ransome Kuti, to Ewutuntu, to Gbaja girls, how many do you even want to list.

You people have been circulating those pictures since the beginning of time. Only one bloack of 21 classrooms in Surulere... grin

Show us public schools all over Lagos. Amaechi Built the same thing all over Rivers. Infact, he used the same design thoughout. Same thing you find in Akwa Ibom. Good schools all over. Wher your own na? grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 11:03am On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: O.K o, let me agree with you Okija. But last time I crossed that slaughter bridge I learnt it was shaking and in serious need of repairs. Something also needs to be done to that YKC/slaughter/woji axis. The traffic is killing. Ehen, that Iwofe road all the way to eagle cement and beyond, is it in Amaechi's plan at all?

[b]Again my darling Police officer whom I love so much.. grin

Slaughter bridge was built by Bulletine.. The same company that built the collpased Airforce bridge. I dont know if that bridge is shaking, but that bridge definitely needs work. I say demolish and rebuild, Someone else says attach a new bridge.. Both these bridges were Odilis Handwork.

YES!! Work is being done on the Slaughter bridge.. A new bridge is being built further up (ALCON). When that bride is done, Slaughter bridge would either be closed down for works or be made into a one way bridge.. He cant bite off more than he can chew. If he closes that bridge now for work, then the mother of all traffic would build up on Woji road, Old Aba road, Elelenwo - Ada road and Eleme junction. Hence his plan to finish off the new bridge before touching slaughter bridge.. PLUS!! Even Slaughter Market will be evicted and the Zoo revived.

Iwofe road.. YES!! That road is very much in his plan. But the Ada George Axis needs to get to a certain level of completion before that road can be touched.

Also note.. These roads all cost money. His construction quality is not like that of Odili where you just grade and tar..

Roads that he has touched are too numerous to mention.. Lets cut the guy some slack whilst pressuring him to keep working. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ofilispeaks(m): 11:04am On Jun 17, 2013
Abegi joor...is it not the same PH with no roads...will the children swim to the new school undecided
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ballabriggs: 11:05am On Jun 17, 2013
Some of them the Mudashiru buildings, some from scratch.

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 11:05am On Jun 17, 2013
ewet:
You had better come join the progressive train. The PDP one you are on is not in anyway progressive nd its leading you no where other than destruction.

You mean progressives who share IPads to students who have no classes and teachers?

No thanks!

And oh! I thought PDP was the killer party and the worst thing to happen to Nigeria? Or there is now a good side in PDP? Infact, PDP now have progressives? Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! Wonders shall never end. I love this comedy show. You guys have made my day. I wish I fit see Eko Ile buy am 2 bottles of Odeku! grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Senator Kalu To Igbos: Don't Expect Anything From APC-Led Federal Government / Buhari Directs INEC To declare doctored results - PDP / How Fulani Herdsmen Cut My Head With Matchet- Onyebuchie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.