Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA (25277 Views)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Redeem Church Invite Fuji Singer Pasuma To Perform In Crusade / The Lavish Spender, Pastor Adeboye Of Redeem Church Has Done It Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
Princejydo:

wats us biz go set up yr own church and get ur jet also freeeeeee world
Have you eaten today??
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
Dee60:

When did the members come to complain to anyone that they are suffering? For me, I have not seen any member of this church complain that the church owns a private jet! Why the fuss?
Do u live in Nigeria? Bro/sis people are suffering.
They can expand all they want but what do they need 1million seats auditorium for, someone said earlier that texas is the most religious city in the us. That auditorium is 13times normal football stadiums.
That's y I respect tb joshua.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
Promhize:
Do u live in Nigeria? Bro/sis people are suffering.
They can expand all they want but what do they need 1million seats auditorium for, someone said earlier that texas is the most religious city in the us. That auditorium is 13times normal football stadiums.
That's y I respect tb joshua.

You respect who?
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by olumyde(m): 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

I repeat, I don't hate Mr Adeboye, I don't even know him personally. I actually believe he is going to make heaven if he believes in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. The issue here is that we have a guide which is the word of God. The pioneer of the gospel to the church told us how to organise and coordinate ourselves as a church, we must adhere to what was written.
1 Corinthians 11

Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

Most of RCCG doctrines have no precedence in the bible e.g exorcism (I see someone here that has been healed of cancer)

The bible also says any man that tells you there is financial gain in godliness...RUN from such

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content

I can then conclude that a false teacher is not just the one that uses diabolic means to do miracles, anyone that is not preaching the church age gospel of Christ is a false teacher- the scripture say accurse such men.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
I've spoken wt ppl like you and there's little hope of u reasoning. If someone can call healing exorscism, then what else can he not say. That means Jesus Christ also perform exorscism. SMH. Some of u will say healing stopped wt d apostle. Philip was not an apostle and God healed ppl thru his ministry - Acts 8:4-7. God still heals and there's nothing u can do about it. Even its written in the book of James dt the prayer of faith will heal d sick. No need to continue showing u from d scripture, cos ur mind seems hardened. Quoting scriptures to suit your mentality really shows who you are. You don't know everything, admit and learn. From what u said about healing, i can also call u a false teacher. As christians we don't know everything. Admit and learn. No need for name calling e.g false teacher. I rest my case
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
olumyde: I've spoken wt ppl like you and there's little hope of u reasoning. If someone can call healing exorscism, then what else can he not say. That means Jesus Christ also perform exorscism. SMH. Some of u will say healing stopped wt d apostle. Philip was not an apostle and God healed ppl thru his ministry - Acts 8:4-7. God still heals and there's nothing u can do about it. Even its written in the book of James dt the prayer of faith will heal d sick. No need to continue showing u from d scripture, cos ur mind seems hardened. Quoting scriptures to suit your mentality really shows who you are. You don't know everything, admit and learn. From what u said about healing, i can also call u a false teacher. As christians we don't know everything. Admit and learn. No need for name calling e.g false teacher. I rest my case

Bro, you speak from REASON without any scriptural backing. A lot of things happened after the era of miracles, the apostle mentioned something like this

14 Though my poor health burdened you, you didn’t look down on me or reject me, but you welcomed me as if I were an angel from God, or as if I were Christ Jesus! 15 Where then is the great attitude that you had? I swear that, if possible, you would have dug out your eyes and given them to me.

He even had eye problems-

another issue of sickness

25 Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

26 For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.

27 For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

28 I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.

The Great Apostle would have gladly done something about this guy's illness if he could- another one, he told his adopted son, Timothy

23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

The apostle escaped through a window when they wanted to kill him as well. Bro, miracles did happen, but they seized, no man has the power to heal any man in this church age. Only God can do anything He wants to do when He wants to.
The only gifts we have in part in church now are knowledge and teaching(prophesy)
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

study 1 cor 13 to understand that bit.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by Mintayo(m): 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, you speak from REASON without any scriptural backing. A lot of things happened after the era of miracles, the apostle mentioned something like this

14 Though my poor health burdened you, you didn’t look down on me or reject me, but you welcomed me as if I were an angel from God, or as if I were Christ Jesus! 15 Where then is the great attitude that you had? I swear that, if possible, you would have dug out your eyes and given them to me.

He even had eye problems-

another issue of sickness

25 Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

26 For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.

27 For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

28 I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.

The Great Apostle would have gladly done something about this guy's illness if he could- another one, he told his adopted son, Timothy

23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

The apostle escaped through a window when they wanted to kill him as well. Bro, miracles did happen, but they seized, no man has the power to heal any man in this church age. Only God can do anything He wants to do when He wants to.
The only gifts we have in part in church now are knowledge and teaching(prophesy)
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

study 1 cor 13 to understand that bit.

i can't believe i am reading this!
You really need Jesus to open ur eyes to the truth...you are just wallowing in lies!
Do u belieev in d Holy Spirit?
Do u knw healing is one of the gift of the Holy Spirit? 1 cor 12:9.
You are one of the 'christains' that are being cheated by satan!
When u fall sick,u believe it is God's will and that is nt His will!
There are so many verses in d Bible(from OT to NT) that talk abt healing!
If you are really a christain,you will knw that we shld follow christ examples...smh.
Do u knw what Jesus said in Mark 16:18...again,i cnt believe d lies u put up there!
I think d op is right abt u,u r a false teacher,d likes of frosbel,obadiah etc!
Pls u may nt believe in divine healing,that is ur problem,bt pls stop decieving/leading ppl astray with dis ur LIES,so dt u wnt fall under God's wrath..smh.
Concerning adeboye,if u ppl knw d vision and mission statement of rccg,den u ppl wnt talk!
God is using adeboye mightily and there s nothing anybody cn do abt that,u ppl cn just talk,judge as if u r God,and d more u talk,d more God blesses Him!

Shalom.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 12:04am On Jun 27, 2013
Mintayo:

You really need Jesus to open ur eyes to the truth...you are just wallowing in lies!
If you are really a christain,you will knw that we shld follow christ examples...smh.
Do u knw what Jesus said in Mark 16:18...again,i cnt believe d lies u put up there!
Pls u may nt believe in divine healing,that is ur problem,bt pls stop decieving/leading ppl astray with dis ur LIES,so dt u wnt fall under God's wrath..smh.
Concerning adeboye,if u ppl knw d vision and mission statement of rccg,den u ppl wnt talk!
God is using adeboye mightily and there s nothing anybody cn do abt that,u ppl cn just talk,judge as if u r God,and d more u talk,d more God blesses Him!

Shalom.

I will excuse your ignorance. The bible is a progressive revelation that as to be rightly divided. Miracles that you saw Christ do was primarily to prove to the Jews that He was sent by God and He is the son of God. They were signs leading to the gospel, they were not ends in themselves but a means to an end.

The bible says the JEWS seek signs but GENTILES seek wisdom.

What are signs-- when you are travelling by road, you see different [b]signs [/b]leading you to your destination. The church is still dwelling on the signs when the gospel as come.

Most people go to church but the don't know what the good news/gospel is. Some think it is miracle, some healing, some children etc.

The gospel to the church is the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for the propitiation of our sins. He did not die for me to be rich in this world, he did not die for me to have kids etc. Anyone can have all that, even the devil provides that.

He died to save my soul from condemnation. The duty of every pastor is to be sharing the good news but we have deviated to be seeker sensitive. I say it clearly, Mr Adeboye is a false teacher.

From this gospel/good news of Christ, there are too many doctrines that can be drawn but false teachers teach morals and money doubling and all. The gospel is not good advice, THINK AND STUDY for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by flourishG(m): 3:07am On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

I will excuse your ignorance. The bible is a progressive revelation that as to be rightly divided. Miracles that you saw Christ do was primarily to prove to the Jews that He was sent by God and He is the son of God. They were signs leading to the gospel, they were not ends in themselves but a means to an end.

What are signs-- when you are travelling by road, you see different [b]signs [/b]leading you to your destination. The church is still dwelling on the signs when the gospel as come.

Most people go to church but the don't know what the good news/gospel is. Some think it is miracle, some healing, some children etc.

The gospel to the church is the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for the propitiation of our sins. He did not die for me to be rich in this world, he did not die for me to have kids etc.

He died to save my soul from condemnation. The duty of every pastor is to be sharing the good news but we have deviated to be seeker sensitive. I say it clearly, Mr Adeboye is a false teacher.

From this gospel/good news of Christ, there are too many doctrines that can be drawn but false teachers teach morals and money doubling and all. The gospel is not good advice, THINK AND STUDY for yourself.
I know u endowed to teach the truth,keep it alive n they shall b liberated some day.These people don't know God is powerless with the gospel in this age n time.da gospel is d power of God, it is da power God has n uses to save people today.some are building on signs n wonders n so building a mushroom church n Christians.they building da largest this n largest that but far from da gospel n truth.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by Mintayo(m): 7:19am On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

The gospel to the church is the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for the propitiation of our sins. He did not die for me to be rich in this world, he did not die for me to have kids etc.

I am so sorry for you,who are you to call Him a false teacher? Well to you,he might be a false teacher,but to God,he is not!
How many souls have you won for christ? How many poor people have you helped? Do you knw hw many people that has been won for Jesus through his ministry? Have you heard him teach before? You are d one ignorant here.
The number of people this man has won for christ;till u die,u cnt win such souls!
Adeboye preach Jesus-His life,His death,His miracles and His resurrection!
No place he went to without presenting Jesus to them!
He preached Jesus as the Lord and saviour; that is His core vision and mission of the rccg==
1. To make heaven.
2. To take as many ppl with them to heaven.
3. To have a member of rccg in every family of all nation.
4. To fulfil 1 above,holiness is d lifestyle.
5. To accomplish 2&3,we will plant churches within 5 mins walking distance of evry developing nations and 5mins driving distance in every city,town of developed nation.

this vision/mission statement is being fulfil today and ppl like u v nt seen anything yet!
Again,i will ask u,how many ppl v u preached Jesus too.
It is 'christains' like u that is being cheated by d devil!
Jesus cam to save my soul, and with that came healing,deliverance,prosperity,salvation,etc.
I have seen so a many people being healed in Jesus name,infact i have prayed for d sick myself and they were healed in Jesus name!
Like i aid before,u dnt v d Holy Spirit in you,cus if you dou will knw that healing is one of the GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by PastorKun(m): 7:22am On Jun 27, 2013
Mintayo:

Shalom.

As it occurred to you that the vision and mission statement of rccg which is to spread their franchise all over the world is not the same as the vision and mission which God has for us?
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by Mintayo(m): 7:27am On Jun 27, 2013
Pastor Kun:
As it occurred to you that the vision and mission statement of rccg which is to spread their franchise all over the world is not the same as the vision and mission which God has for us?
what is God mission/vision statement for you,huh?
Tell me,what is ur ultimate goal as a christain(i.e if u are)?pls tell me!
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 8:20am On Jun 27, 2013
Mintayo:

I am so sorry for you,who are you to call Him a false teacher? Well to you,he might be a false teacher,but to God,he is not!
How many souls have you won for christ? How many poor people have you helped? Do you knw hw many people that has been won for Jesus through his ministry? Have you heard him teach before? You are d one ignorant here.
The number of people this man has won for christ;till u die,u cnt win such souls!
Adeboye preach Jesus-His life,His death,His miracles and His resurrection!
No place he went to without presenting Jesus to them!
He preached Jesus as the Lord and saviour; that is His core vision and mission of the rccg==
1. To make heaven.
2. To take as many ppl with them to heaven.
3. To have a member of rccg in every family of all nation.
4. To fulfil 1 above,holiness is d lifestyle.
5. To accomplish 2&3,we will plant churches within 5 mins walking distance of evry developing nations and 5mins driving distance in every city,town of developed nation.

this vision/mission statement is being fulfil today and ppl like u v nt seen anything yet!
Again,i will ask u,how many ppl v u preached Jesus too.
It is 'christains' like u that is being cheated by d devil!
Jesus cam to save my soul, and with that came healing,deliverance,prosperity,salvation,etc.
I have seen so a many people being healed in Jesus name,infact i have prayed for d sick myself and they were healed in Jesus name!
Like i aid before,u dnt v d Holy Spirit in you,cus if you dou will knw that healing is one of the GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!

You still don't get it, do you? Multitude came when Christ was sharing bread and fish, when its time for the truth, He is always left with His disciples, they will all walk away. Similarly, I put it to you that most of you, if not all are members because you want bread and fish. What can God give me? You were brought in to the fold by the wisdom of men- come to my church you will get a wife, come to my church you will get a job, come to my church you will get a husband, some through their parent- you have all come for a reason, which is far from coming to know the person of God. The day the man speaks the truth in that church is the same day the RCCG will be left with one branch with many empty seats.

The scripture says- the gospel is the power of God unto salvation for anyone who believe. So anyone using the gospel as a way of gathering material gains is a false teacher cos that is not where the power of God is displayed. The bible says any man who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself. I can imagine the picture of a false teacher you have in your head, but a false teacher according to the scripture is any man who does not teach exactly what the scripture says.

About me not preaching the word to multitude, bro, in my own little way, I am. It is far better than teaching error, religion, mosaic law according to the Jewish order, it is also better than putting people under condemnation saying if you don't do this, God will not do this. They go as far as saying, you have a role to play to go to hell or to make heaven, they act like God speaks personally with them aside through the scripture. God is too faithful, He has integrity, He says if you believe Christ died , was buried and He resurrected for your sin whole heatedly, you will be saved. Sounds too easy, yes it does. But, God said it, all you can do is believe it. Let no man put fear into your heart.

You said you have a gift of healing, if you truly have it, go to a very big hospital and heal everyone there, CNN will be there to cover you. Bro, our body respond to biology and our spirit respond to God. Don't be ignorant about these things and don't get me wrong God can heal anyone but not at any man's terms, time or call(that time is far gone). God created time, He cannot be bound by time. He does not need to prove to you and I that He is God anymore, we have to believe and trust Him through faith in this age.

I believe God has a time for bread and fish with carnal believers but the more you come into the faith the more you see less of bread and fish. The devil would ask God, does Job serve you for nothing? God will say take everything from him but spare his soul. There are times where God would put you under the same pressure hence you will find people that come for the wrong reason run faster than they came to God to become ritualist, agnostic , atheist etc.

1 Like

Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by Mintayo(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

You still don't get it, do you? Multitude came when Christ was sharing bread and fish, when its time for the truth, He is always left with His disciples, they will all walk away. Similarly, I put it to you that most of you, if not all are members because you want bread and fish. What can God give me? You were brought in to the fold by the wisdom of men- come to my church you will get a wife, come to my church you will get a job, come to my church you will get a husband, some through their parent- you have all come for a reason, which is far from coming to know the person of God. The day the man speaks the truth in that church is the same day the RCCG will be left with one branch with many empty seats.

The scripture says- the gospel is the power of God unto salvation for anyone who believe. So anyone using the gospel as a way of gathering material gains is a false teacher cos that is not where the power of God is displayed. The bible says any man who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself. I can imagine the picture of a false teacher you have in your head, but a false teacher according to the scripture is any man who does not teach exactly what the scripture says.

About me not preaching the word to multitude, bro, in my own little way, I am. It is far better than teaching error, religion, mosaic law according to the Jewish order, it is also better than putting people under condemnation saying if you don't do this, God will not do this. They go as far as saying, you have a role to play to go to hell or to make heaven, they act like God speaks personally with them aside through the scripture. God is too faithful, He has integrity, He says if you believe Christ died , was buried and He resurrected for your sin whole heatedly, you will be saved. Sounds too easy, yes it does. But, God said it, all you can do is believe it. Let no man put fear into your heart.

You said you have a gift of healing, if you truly have it, go to a very big hospital and heal everyone there, CNN will be there to cover you. Bro, our body respond to biology and our spirit respond to God. Don't be ignorant about these things and don't get me wrong God can heal anyone but not at any man's terms, time or call(that time is far gone). God created time, He cannot be bound by time. He does not need to prove to you and I that He is God anymore, we have to believe and trust Him through faith in this age.

I believe God has a time for bread and fish with carnal believers but the more you come into the faith the more you see less of bread and fish. The devil would ask God, does Job serve you for nothing? God will say take everything from him but spare his soul. There are times where God would put you under the same pressure hence you will find people that come for the wrong reason run faster than they came to God to become ritualist, agnostic , atheist etc.

pls what is the truth that he has not being preaching?
Have u herad d man preached before?
Like i said before,Adeboye is one of d many pastors i respected so much,HE DOESN'T PREACH ANYTHING APART FROM JESUS! HE NEVER SAY ANYTHING OTHERWISE WHEN HE MADE ALTAR CALL-HE PREACHES ALONE!
GOD HAS USED HIM TO DRAW SO MAY TO HIS KINGDOM AND GOD IS STILL USING HIM.
What u say abt Him doesnt really matter,his judgement is nt in ur hands,God will judge him just as He is going to judge you;and i believe there is a crown laid up for him in heaven for souls He has won for christ!
RCCG is over 50yrs and ppl like u v been condemning d church,yet God has been doing fine with them! So say whatever you like,it doesn't change anything!
You saying i shld go to do hospital to heal d sick realy shows how ignorant you are,you knw muslims v said that to me too,so i am nt surprised! It doesn't change anything,they r just as ignorant as u are!
May God bless you!
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by Mintayo(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2013
Mintayo:

pls what is the truth that he has not being preaching?
Have u herad d man preached before?
Like i said before,Adeboye is one of d many pastors i respected so much,HE DOESN'T PREACH ANYTHING APART FROM JESUS! HE NEVER SAY ANYTHING OTHERWISE WHEN HE MADE ALTAR CALL-HE PREACHES ALONE!
GOD HAS USED HIM TO DRAW SO MAY TO HIS KINGDOM AND GOD IS STILL USING HIM.
What u say abt Him doesnt really matter,his judgement is nt in ur hands,God will judge him just as He is going to judge you;and i believe there is a crown laid up for him in heaven for souls He has won for christ!
RCCG is over 50yrs and ppl like u v been condemning d church,yet God has been doing fine with them! So say whatever you like,it doesn't change anything!
You saying i shld go to do hospital to heal d sick realy shows how ignorant you are,you knw muslims v said that to me too,so i am nt surprised! It doesn't change anything,they r just as ignorant as u are!
May God bless you!

Bro, you are far too controlled by your body members and you five senses. You are emotionally attached to this man thus it will be very hard to see what I am saying. You do not have to agree with me now but 'time is the best healer', take time to study and watch and compare everything you do in church. If anything does not take precedence from the scriptures(Pauline epistles to the church), it is definitely not of God.

Thanks for having me, I am out of here.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by olumyde(m): 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mintayo:

Shalom.
I've read all your posts, and you've said it all, but they can't understand it. I pray God will open their eyes in Jesus name. Imagine him quoting that ppl were sick from d scriptures without quoting where ppl were healed. At the pool of siloam, Jesus healed only one man, are there no other sick ppl there? When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, was he the only dead person in Israel? Yet, they'll keep asking ppl to go to d hospital and heal everybody there? I agree wt one thing. Healing is a sign and its done by God. But God answer prayers of faith according to his will. Thats why we can't just go to the hospital and start healing everybody. Just pray that the eyes of their understanding be enlightened.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 6:21am On Jun 28, 2013
olumyde: I've read all your posts, and you've said it all, but they can't understand it. I pray God will open their eyes in Jesus name. Imagine him quoting that ppl were sick from d scriptures without quoting where ppl were healed. At the pool of siloam, Jesus healed only one man, are there no other sick ppl there? When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, was he the only dead person in Israel? Yet, they'll keep asking ppl to go to d hospital and heal everybody there? I agree wt one thing. Healing is a sign and its done by God. But God answer prayers of faith according to his will. Thats why we can't just go to the hospital and start healing everybody. Just pray that the eyes of their understanding be enlightened.

Do you understand the bible you read atall? Christ healed people, Peter healed people, Paul healed people, Fact. Peter escaped death many times through God's intervention 'miracle', Paul went through many life threatening situations 'miracle' but at a point in time we never heard about miracles anymore, the apostle were killed and martyred. Christ did not come for miracles,miracles are for children- Paul says

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.

In fact, that which you need miracles for, the bible say be happy in it. Tough? Yes, but the bible say pride in your infirmities. You need to get to a level with God where nothing on earth matters to you but God. I am not surprised at the level you guys are spiritually, all you go to do in church is dance, dance and dance some more, then pray, pray and pray ( to get). When it is time for the meat(message) your pastor will come out and say our time is far spent, let me preach briefly so we can go.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by olumyde(m): 11:54am On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Do you understand the bible you read atall? Christ healed people, Peter healed people, Paul healed people, Fact. Peter escaped death many times through God's intervention 'miracle', Paul went through many life threatening situations 'miracle' but at a point in time we never heard about miracles anymore, the apostle were killed and martyred. Christ did not come for miracles,miracles are for children- Paul says

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.

In fact, that which you need miracles for, the bible say be happy in it. Tough? Yes, but the bible say pride in your infirmities. You need to get to a level with God where nothing on earth matters to you but God. I am not surprised at the level you guys are spiritually, all you go to do in church is dance, dance and dance some more, then pray, pray and pray ( to get). When it is time for the meat(message) your pastor will come out and say our time is far spent, let me preach briefly so we can go.
Now i will state my points to you. But you need to understand first dt you can be wrong, you don't know everything. At many times in my Christian life, i've had to adjust as i get better understanding of the word of God. 1. When did miracles stop exactly and God said he'll NEVER PERFORM MIRACLES AGAIN. 2. The scripture you quoted is not in line wt what you are saying. Paul didn't say the childish thing he was talking about was miracles. 3. Because some of the apostles were martyred doesn't mean God stopped miracles. Sooner or later Paul was going to die, but its not cos God can't save him, it's cos his time has come. Even paul said he has finished his course, he has ran the race, and there's a crown waiting 4 him. 4. You said, "but at a point in time we never heard about miracle anymore". I don't really understand that sentence. Who are the 'we'. As a matter of fact the Acts of apostle, which is the last account of the early church we have in the bible (the others were letters), is filled wt account of miracles performed by God not only through the apostles, but other christians such as Philip. I want you to know that "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever" Heb 13:8. But if u remain adamant, let me state your stand to you clearly. You are saying that GOD WILL NEVER EVER DO A SINGLE MIRACLE AGAIN.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by olumyde(m): 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi: You need to get to a level with God where nothing on earth matters to you but God. I am not surprised at the level you guys are spiritually, all you go to do in church is dance, dance and dance some more, then pray, pray and pray ( to get). When it is time for the meat(message) your pastor will come out and say our time is far spent, let me preach briefly so we can go.
Songs, dance, prayer and preaching or message, testimonies, etc are all part of worship. And u should no d there's sunday school for 1 hour study of d word every sunday, apart from the preaching. There's also digging deep (bible study) usually every tuesday to study God's word together and ask questions. Pls only talk about what u know. I'm also sure you still eat, take ur bath, and put on good clothes, even though d things of d earth should not matter to you. What Jesus meant is for example, even though we need money, we should not be obsessed. It doesn't mean we shouldn't work for money. I'm sure, you do something to make money. Why does money matter to you?
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by olumyde(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

naaaah, common I use to be a member of the RCCG mate.
I very much doubt so, seeing as you lack the knowledge about basic things you should know. I think it'll be more appropriate if you say you were once a visitor in the church. Cos even some1 dt comes every sunday not even coming for sunday school is actually a visitor. Thanks
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
olumyde: Songs, dance, prayer and preaching or message, testimonies, etc are all part of worship. And u should no d there's sunday school for 1 hour study of d word every sunday, apart from the preaching. There's also digging deep (bible study) usually every tuesday to study God's word together and ask questions. Pls only talk about what u know. I'm also sure you still eat, take ur bath, and put on good clothes, even though d things of d earth should not matter to you. What Jesus meant is for example, even though we need money, we should not be obsessed. It doesn't mean we shouldn't work for money. I'm sure, you do something to make money. Why does money matter to you?

Have I said Christ said you should not work for money- don't tell me Christ did not mean what He said as well, the scripture says

1 tim 4

11 To make it your ambition and definitely endeavor to live quietly and peacefully, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we charged you,
12 So that you may bear yourselves becomingly and be correct and honorable and command the respect of the outside world, being dependent on nobody [self-supporting] and having need of nothing.

Instead of telling this people this simple truth, they make them believe God will drop money mysteriously. Like I said earlier, all Christ is saying is

Col 3
2 And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
olumyde: I very much doubt so, seeing as you lack the knowledge about basic things you should know. I think it'll be more appropriate if you say you were once a visitor in the church. Cos even some1 dt comes every sunday not even coming for sunday school is actually a visitor. Thanks

I don't need to prove anything to you, all I am saying is, our guide is the scripture. Any teacher that teaches any other thing asides what Apostle Paul taught which is the good news that Christ died and He resurrected for our sins is a false teacher. Likewise, anyone that says we should pay to get double is a false teacher, any one that practice exorcism is a false teacher, anyone that sees godliness as a medium for earthly riches, the bible says run away from such.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by olumyde(m): 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

I don't need to prove anything to you, all I am saying is, our guide is the scripture. Any teacher that teaches any other thing asides what Apostle Paul taught which is the good news that Christ died and He resurrected for our sins is a false teacher. Likewise, anyone that says we should pay to get double is a false teacher, any one that practice exorcism is a false teacher, anyone that sees godliness as a medium for earthly riches, the bible says run away from such.
"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into ur lap. For wt the measure you use, it will be measured to you" Luke 6:38 - I guess dts ur definition of false teacher. "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich" 2 Cor 8:9, read chapters 8 and 9 so u won't say its out of context. Godliness wt contentment is great gain means be happy no matter ur situation but it doesn't mean u refuse for ur situation to improve. Just like after SSCE, u r happy but u seek to upgrade to BSc, after BSc u r also happy, but u may seek to upgrade further. Contentment doesn't mean stagnation. Just like if u win a soul for Christ today, you don't rest on dt and say u r content, you go out and win more.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by olumyde(m): 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
olumyde: Now i will state my points to you. But you need to understand first dt you can be wrong, you don't know everything. At many times in my Christian life, i've had to adjust as i get better understanding of the word of God. 1. When did miracles stop exactly and God said he'll NEVER PERFORM MIRACLES AGAIN. 2. The scripture you quoted is not in line wt what you are saying. Paul didn't say the childish thing he was talking about was miracles. 3. Because some of the apostles were martyred doesn't mean God stopped miracles. Sooner or later Paul was going to die, but its not cos God can't save him, it's cos his time has come. Even paul said he has finished his course, he has ran the race, and there's a crown waiting 4 him. 4. You said, "but at a point in time we never heard about miracle anymore". I don't really understand that sentence. Who are the 'we'. As a matter of fact the Acts of apostle, which is the last account of the early church we have in the bible (the others were letters), is filled wt account of miracles performed by God not only through the apostles, but other christians such as Philip. I want you to know that "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever" Heb 13:8. But if u remain adamant, let me state your stand to you clearly. You are saying that GOD WILL NEVER EVER DO A SINGLE MIRACLE AGAIN.
No comments? Thank God u now understand this.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
olumyde: No comments? Thank God u now understand this.olumyde: Now i will state my points to you. But you need to understand first dt you can be wrong, you don't know everything. At many times in my Christian life, i've had to adjust as i get better understanding of the word of God. 1. When did miracles stop exactly and God said he'll NEVER PERFORM MIRACLES AGAIN. 2. The scripture you quoted is not in line wt what you are saying. Paul didn't say the childish thing he was talking about was miracles. 3. Because some of the apostles were martyred doesn't mean God stopped miracles. Sooner or later Paul was going to die, but its not cos God can't save him, it's cos his time has come. Even paul said he has finished his course, he has ran the race, and there's a crown waiting 4 him. 4. You said, "but at a point in time we never heard about miracle anymore". I don't really understand that sentence. Who are the 'we'. As a matter of fact the Acts of apostle, which is the last account of the early church we have in the bible (the others were letters), is filled wt account of miracles performed by God not only through the apostles, but other christians such as Philip. I want you to know that "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever" Heb 13:8. But if u remain adamant, let me state your stand to you clearly. You are saying that GOD WILL NEVER EVER DO A SINGLE MIRACLE AGAIN.

I don't think you have been reading my response with an open mind, you have put a vail on your mind. I said earlier that God can do anything, how do I know this? By faith. But in this church age, no man has the power to call God to change anything when God is not ready. When Paul realised He might be killed, He wrote letters on how the church should be run. No mention of all these things we see in the contemporary churches like RCCG, He told him to study and teach, pray and hope.

Go back and read my earlier posts, I answered all your questions already.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by Mintayo(m): 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Have I said Christ said you should not work for money- don't tell me Christ did not mean what He said as well, the scripture says

1 tim 4

11 To make it your ambition and definitely endeavor to live quietly and peacefully, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we charged you,
12 So that you may bear yourselves becomingly and be correct and honorable and command the respect of the outside world, being dependent on nobody [self-supporting] and having need of nothing.

Instead of telling this people this simple truth, they make them believe God will drop money mysteriously. Like I said earlier, all Christ is saying is

Col 3
2 And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.

i have never heard rccg or any church that i v attended tell their members that they don't v to work,dt Jesus will throw money into their laps,u r d one bringing dt up!
They tell them to work and then trust God to bless d works of ther hands-which is biblical!
And again,we r nt followers of men,not even Paul,we look unto Jesus who is the authur and finisher of our faith!
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by Mintayo(m): 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:
like i said before,rccg has been preaching d life,death and ressurection of Jesus(i cnt attend any church dt dnt do or believe dt) for our sins!
Pay what exactly? Tithe and offering?
Are u calling miracles/healing done in d NAME OF JESUS exorcism?
Jesus is the same yesterday,today and forever...He never changes;He respects His name just as He does His words!
I am sur you knw what
Mark 16:17-18 says.
Re: Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA by shdemidemi(m): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
Mintayo:
like i said before,rccg has been preaching d life,death and ressurection of Jesus(i cnt attend any church dt dnt do or believe dt) for our sins!
Pay what exactly? Tithe and offering?
Are u calling miracles/healing done in d NAME OF JESUS exorcism?
Jesus is the same yesterday,today and forever...He never changes;He respects His name just as He does His words!
I am sur you knw what
Mark 16:17-18 says.
Jesus is the same but His programmes are not stagnant.

11 Therefore, remember that at one time you were Gentiles (heathens) in the flesh, called Uncircumcision by those who called themselves Circumcision, [itself a [e]mere mark] in the flesh made by human hands.
Ephesians 2
12 [Remember] that you were at that time separated (living apart) from Christ [excluded from all part in Him], utterly estranged and outlawed from the rights of Israel as a nation, and strangers with no share in the sacred compacts of the [Messianic] promise [with no knowledge of or right in God’s agreements, His covenants]. And you had no hope (no promise); you were in the world without God

All these pastors put us in unnecessary bondage of tithing, healing and all. According to the above scripture, we are not Jews and we cannot put ourselves in the place of Israel when reading the scriptures.

Quite tired now bro. later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Magnus Ebere Sells Heavenly Subscription Cards To Church Members / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell / Examples Of What Happened When Famous People Challenged And Mocked God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.