Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (721425 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by drnairalov: 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
SMH

1. U did dah guy Ifeanyi bad...yes u paid the money full, bet dah way of payment any niccur cudda think itbwaz mere dash...he had d ryt 2 be angry

2. U and ur ashewo gurl!!! still SMH....she likes u bruh...shez not gonna harm U

3. why d feck do u think every body wanna harm U, damn calm ur nerves yo!!! *angryface

4. Foxy ur last update 2 Zubby poem is cool, at least u ddnt go about writtng poem 2 cute bliss

5. Zubby come update bruh.... nice work

6. no be me get this thread,...but HAPPY SUNDAY 2 whoever sees this God bless!!

18 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by sKeetz(m): 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
Don Brutus: hmmmm am frm Nomeh , just beside u, nice one bro!!!

wow bro!!, am from uhuafor cool
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
I actually support what he did to Ifeanyi.That snitch niggah got paid.Foxy flow nice poem,you got talent bro.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by liljboy(m): 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
kagari:

mehn those 2 combination, the bitterness no go be here ooo.
lwkmd. . . If ah hear say na lie
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
The next chapter is dedicated to all the people who believe that the way i handled things were wrong.

I found myself in a difficult situtation back in Germany and it defined me between 2002 and 2007.

4 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chapter 122

I followed Maria to the reception hall where I paid N5500 and took the receipt. We went upstairs and settled down. After taking my bath, which I did alone, I laid down on the bed and faced the wall.

''Are you Ok Baby?'' I heard the soft voice of Maria said behind me.

''Yea, I am just tired from the long distance'' I lied.
I wanted her to leave me alone. I didn't want much chat or even sex that night. I wanted to replay the events of the the day on my mind.

Her phone rang. She answered it in Edo language. After the call she tapped my back and as I turned, she said '' Madam Comfort said you didn't give her the money again''

''She is a liar'' I said knowing that she won't believe me.
''Mama won't lie to me'' she said.

I kept quiet.

''why did you lie to me that you gave her money when I asked you'' She said with a slightly raised voice.

''Why did you ask if I had given her the money'' I said getting down from the bed.

''I understand she was the one who called you now and told you that I didn't give her the money, Maria why did she do that'' I said, standing in front of her.

''Since you are so interested in me giving her the money today, I am going back there to give it to her'' I said as I grabbed my jean trousers and started wearing it.

Maria placed her two hands on her waist and watched with surprise as i put on my whole clothes and shoes, then picked up my car keys and headed downstairs.

I got to the car and started the engine. It was getting past 8pm, but I knew that the city would remain lively until Atleast 10pm.

I drove out of the compound as I saw Maria coming out of the hotel reception. My phone was ringing. I checked and saw that it was Maria calling me.

''Don't worry, I will find the way to Madam Comfort's house and give her the money. I will be back before you know it.'' I said and switched off the phone.

I drove out to the old Lagos- Benin road and turned right towards east. I didn't know where I was going but I knew that I was going to locate a new hotel somewhere down the road. I came to a junction and turned left, then I busted to a major road called Mission road. There was a sign down the road indicating that a hotel was located there.

The gateman approached me as I drove towards the gate. He didn't open the gate as I expected.
''Oga, chance no dey inside again'' he had said.

I packed the car outside, walked through the open smaller gate and went into the reception hall.
The receptionist said that they had a room of N3000. I paid for it and went upstairs. Since I had taken my bath at the previous hotel, I just removed my cloths except the boxers, then I laid on the bed and switched on my phone.

Maria called instantly.

''Baby please come back, I am sorry. It is dangerous out there. Where are you...'' I am sorry'' she said in quick succession.

''Don't worry Maria, you know nothing will happen to me. I need some time to think alone. I will return to the hotel as soon as my head cleared'' I said and cut off the line. She called again and again but I didn't answer.
I wanted to switch the phone off but I felt that my cousin could decide to call the DPO since I had given his number to him.

Sleep caught up with me later in the night and when I woke up, there were numerous text messages on my phone. All from one person, asking me to either forgive her or return to the hotel.

I sent her a message telling her to start going back to Lagos when she finished what she came to do in Benin.
''I am going somewhere else and don't ask me where or when'' I had added in the message.

She called as soon as she got the message. She asked where I was and how she could come to me...

'' I am in Madam Comfort's house. I slept there'' I said and cut the line off.

After the phone call, I check the time and it was a few minutes past 8am. The time was good enough to move, therefore I ignored the bathroom and put on my cloths. I got to the reception, dropped my keys and went out through the gate.

As I looked left and right, I saw two young men hanging across the road with a bike. They were looking at me but since I had already covered my eyes with dark glasses, they couldn't figure out if I had noticed them or not. I was alerted. Actually I had been on alert since I left Maria the previous night. I had a feeling she could be looking for me.

I walked past the car without even looking at it. Down the road, I saw a bike man and stopped him.

''Where is the nearest Police Station here'' I asked him. He said it was about 5 minutes away since the traffic was still light that morning.
I climbed on his bike and asked him to take me to the Police Station.

We got to the station and I paid him off. Inside the station, I met a lady Police officer and told him that I saw some two suspicious men trying to open my car with a knife. I told her that they were with a bike and that they were looking at me...

She quickly alerted three other police men who asked me a few questions before asking me to lead them to the place. There was no car in the station, therefore, they had to join bikes as I did.

The two suspicious men were still there when we returned and so was Maria.

I pointed to the two men, ignoring Maria as she attempted to approach me but stopped when she saw that the three cops came with me.

One of the Policemen had pointed his old AK-47 towards the two men and asked them not to move.

''What is all this'' Maria said.

I ignored her like I did before and started my car, turned it around and swerved left unto the road and headed towards Lagos. The traffic was still very light, therefore I was moving steadily.
I knew that the Police would like me to follow them to the station and make some written statements and possibly give them money but I also knew that if the men got released while I was still at the station, I could have been in a whole lot of troubles. I had decided to take my chances and run.
If they caught up with me, the worst would be to return with them to the station where I would twist the whole situation and bail myself out with money.

As I crossed in front of University of Benin complex, My phone rang. It was Maria.

''What's up sweetheart. Are you Sending more thugs to stop me again'' I said.

''No, I only asked them to help me locate you Austin. I didn't send them to do anything to you''. She said slowly.

''Well, we can talk about it when you return to Lagos because I am already half way back home'' I said and put the phone down.

'' We must respect the past, and
mistrust the present, if we wish to
provide for the safety of the future."

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by bigx(m): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
Nna dis babe na gangster o

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Some girls are so ungrateful...Maria thot she got brainz lol
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Dayuuuumm!!!!!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kobenol(m): 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Oh boy!!
The babe badasĀ§ ooo...See tracking! Zubby style
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Chicent(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Oga zubby always on alert!!! But sometimes we shud allow d worst happen so it will be obvious and oda times we gat 2take preccaution. Nice one boss, maria go cofirm u now.you tite
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by oladimeji101(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mehn the way you think sometimes mesmerize me. that maria na badest girl ever liveth ,she even have thugs who she control to do whatever she asked them of. I salute your reasoning oga zuby. Keep it going. cheesy

You live your life like you on the run,like its either u running after something or something is running after you,and ii guess that's why u always suspicious of every single thing that comes your way.nice one still. smiley

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
Zuby dont you think you took it too far?

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
I wish maria could write doown her own episode of the Edo adventure here.

Story 4 sweet die

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Unheimlich.Sie sind der boss.The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.

Nothing do you Zubby,carry go joor grin

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kunlesehan(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
hmmmm ... the foolish ones will say u're always scared and u take things 2 far.
The few wise ones will say u're cautious and u think things through. And I will quickly add that, this is why u're still alive to tell us this grand tale ( an autobiography which is both entertaining and full of lessons ).
Long may u live Zuby, Ozoigbondu the great!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by 01emek(m): 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Don Brutus: hmmmm am frm Nomeh , just beside u, nice one bro!!!
nice one brother....i pray that there would be one love in the ancient cool city of Enugu state.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by drnairalov: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
argggh!!!!

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by zubis05: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Zubby! Dis last post ehnn,I love am die! Action film tinz! What a brain u got dia BOSS!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Khayil(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
...............hhhhhhHhhhhhhhhhmmHmmmmm. ....Takes a deep breathe
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by obinoral(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Did you check the money in ythe dash board, after refusing to give madam comfort money?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by obinoral(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Did you check the money in the dash board, after refusing to give madam comfort money?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Zubby77 u r d rizin I read.Pls gimme som more!...I was here..History shld take note,nairaland shld beware.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by everrichy(m): 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Maria is creepy
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by edubaba(m): 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Zubby am waiting oooo, am not going out till u give one more update. Ur too much
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hmmmmmm!
Zubby di too smart undecided
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by sambroose(m): 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
dam it, I can't take dz any longer........I'll be writing for Maria, Mr.zuby painted ha wrong.....
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by IdeeEsperanza(m): 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Oga Zuby, did you go to Church today?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
To those who says zubby acted too fast, you would not want him to be a victim
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by drnairalov: 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
As we wait 4 d next update 4rm zubby laff it out!!

Lady: HELLO, Police Station, ?

A Man Has Entered Into My House & he's

Rapping Me Right Now,
Can Yooouu

AAHHH,

ZU, Zu, Zu ZUBBY

OOHHHH, YESSS, Harder,

OooO GOD,

AAARESSTT HIMM

TOOOMORROOW. . .BIKO!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
kunlesehan: hmmmm ... the foolish ones will say u're always scared and u take things 2 far.
The few wise ones will say u're cautious and u think things through. And I will quickly add that, this is why u're still alive to tell us this grand tale ( an autobiography which is both entertaining and full of lessons ).
Long may u live Zuby, Ozoigbondu the great!
mr.wiseman,can't you differentiate from a common sense question to a common sense phrase? For your mind you are wise!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
drnairalov: As we wait 4 d next update 4rm zubby laff it out!!

Lady: HELLO, Police Station, ?

A Man Has Entered Into My House & he's

Rapping Me Right Now,
Can Yooouu

AAHHH,

ZU, Zu, Zu ZUBBY

OOHHHH, YESSS, Harder,

OooO GOD,

AAARESSTT HIMM

TOOOMORROOW. . .BIKO!!
funny oooh.
Arrest him tomorrow abi?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.