Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,426 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40383 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by dhammer(m): 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
Where exactly are we supposed to submit the poems to?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mobsync(m): 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Just one poem is needed for the first round.

Thanks

Noted. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by newacca: 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
cheesy we are at it again!!! Let's get going...
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
d-hammer:
Where exactly are we supposed to submit the poems to?

Two ways:
1. Post it on the official thread of the competition
2. Send it to the official email of the competition
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lifestyle1(m): 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
i will give it a shot...
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by newacca: 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
Cuddlemii: ~FEEDBACK~

Topics:
-just a reminder that the first stage of the competition requires you to submit your own poems.
Any title! Any style! Must be your original write-up!
-don't fuss too much about the topics I am releasing. That part of the competition is due in the second round.

Response Time:
I won't reply every comment.
But, I would collate the comments and provide general solutions/replies using the the Feedback mechanism.
90% of the time, the questions have been asked before. Read all feedback posted by me.

cuddlemii08@yahoo.com
**only if I am not virtually present**

@everyone: please, if you are interested in participating,
specify, indicating the role you are interested in.
**This applies to the designers**

Appeal: we still need more designers.
You do not have to be a graphics guru, as far as you love art, image, or design

Thank you!
For sure Poetry smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Pdizzle(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pdizzle: Am in
As a writer tho
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by beylinko(m): 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
Cuddlemii:

I have been busy.

Hope you are good?

Would you participate? smiley
I'm in
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cdstars(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
K, wil get ready for my mynd blowing ....... undecided nt a proffessional poet though bt I hav known that putting pen 2 paper is a serious affair
<poet tinx>
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by bibiking7(m): 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
I have got a couple of questions. lemme make them as plain as possible.
1. Are the poems safe? peeps might take the stuffs writen here and use it somewhere else. 2. Authentication. Do you have peeps that will verify that contestants really wrote their stuffs and did not just borrow online. 3. call me slow grin, but from what was written, each person will need like 4 poems. (just need to confirm).

And as for those wey wan contest. I get one tricky question. Will you use your best poem in the 1st stage or last.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by extraflyfineboy(m): 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
amiskurie:
you will be diappointed competing with mine.Iam a deep thinker and my quotes are heavy. grin

i never understand oo

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Ayatullah(m): 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
@moderator, why hide my post? You could just let me know you do not value my prizes, then I'll make better offer. I believe in rewarding 'brainees', I am not joking shocked
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mutaino7(m): 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
trying new grounds aint bad either.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
Wow, great opportunity to test/confirm the stuff I am made of. Being confident (publicly) has never been my strongest point, I hide being my pen and sail on the waves of poetry backed by reality and imagination, the perfect mix.
I am so in.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
bibiking7: I have got a couple of questions. lemme make them as plain as possible.
1. Are the poems safe? peeps might take the stuffs writen here and use it somewhere else. 2. Authentication. Do you have peeps that will verify that contestants really wrote their stuffs and did not just borrow online. 3. call me slow grin, but from what was written, each person will need like 4 poems. (just need to confirm).

And as for those wey wan contest. I get one tricky question. Will you use your best poem in the 1st stage or last.

Hi bibi,

Thank you for your questions. Nice name you've got there wink

1. Yes, I would like to believe the poems are safe. But, life itself is a risk. This whole process involves risk, too.

2. As per verification, it might not be doable for the first round.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
--
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
bibiking7: I have got a couple of questions. lemme make them as plain as possible.

1. Once you post your poem here, anyone can use it anywhere. Don't bring poems that had ever hit the internet before or your disqualified. We will absolutely check for duplicates tongue

Its up to you guys, which poem will be first? Your best or your worst?

Do remember though First Impression counts grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: 1. Once you post your poem here, anyone can use it anywhere. Don't bring poems that had ever hit the internet before or your disqualified. We will absolutely check for duplicates tongue

Its up to you guys, which poem will be first? Your best or your worst?

Do remember though First Impression counts grin

pardon me, does this mean we aren't allowed to submit already published works (internet and print)? If this is so, its a bit unfair to those who have published the best of their works. And can a compromise be reached if the participant can show adequate proof of ownership?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ayatullah: @moderator, why hide my post? You could just let me know you do not value my prizes, then I'll make better offer. I believe in rewarding 'brainees', I am not joking shocked
your post was hidden because you broke one of the 21 rules.

If you have nothing to say related to the topic, please go and voice your opinions or suggestions in the Poets cafe or the literature chat central. There your free to post off topic BUT please don't break any of the 21rules thanks.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
ayd91:

pardon me, does this mean we aren't allowed to submit already published works (internet and print)? If this is so, its a bit unfair to those who have published the best of their works. And can a compromise be reached if the participant can show adequate proof of ownership?
If you can show us proof of ownership then we gladly accept your work.

I am very sure that poets are creative writers, they turn even something useless into a valued possesion. That's what makes them special, so please no duplicates, thrill the Judges.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
ayd91:

It is okay. If it's your published work(print and internet), it is fine.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Dawinlove(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
I am ready
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by jiraiyas: 11:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
loving this already.
Madame Cuddle and HBG I salute masob
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
jiraiyas: loving this already.
Madame Cuddle and HBG I salute masob
hey, its been a while, don't u wanna try? smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ayatullah: @moderator, why hide my post? You could just let me know you do not value my prizes, then I'll make better offer. I believe in rewarding 'brainees', I am not joking shocked

Hi.

Please, when your post is hidden, and you seek clarification, you can always do so, using the complaints thread. Sometimes, it is a mistake, or triggered by the use of inappropriate words. No one would just hide your post, just like that. I do like the reward thingy, it's very thoughtful of you. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Hi.

Please, when your post is hidden, and you seek clarification, you can always do so, using the complaints thread. Sometimes, it is a mistake, or triggered by the use of inappropriate words. No one would just hide your post, just like that. I do like the reward thingy, it's very thoughtful of you. Thanks.
@ bolded cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by jiraiyas: 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: hey, its been a while, don't u wanna try? smiley
Who knows! Well I do love to get flowered by Y'all, You especially cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: If you can show us proof of ownership then we gladly accept your work.

I am very sure that poets are creative writers, they turn even something useless into a valued possesion. That's what makes them special, so please no duplicates, thrill the Judges.

'and thrill I shall'

thanks for the info.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
Cuddlemii:

It is okay. If it's your published work(print and internet), it is fine.

Thanks.
thanks for the clarification.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
~FEEDBACK~

Hidden Posts:
Please, if you seek clarification for your hidden posts,
use the complaints thread.
The moderator would be happy to assist.
Pyguru, the antispambot hides posts too. So, check in with the mod before assuming. kiss
Please, try and adhere to the rules of the forum.

Submissions:
Do not panic, submit your poems for round one.
Please, we appeal that you ensure your poems are original,
we do not want the owners coming to NL to make trouble.
I trust we are all civilized, and full of integrity.
Therefore, I can count on everyone to do the right thing

@everyone: thank you for your support, contribution and interest.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
ayd91:
thanks for the clarification.

No worries!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.