Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,443 members, 7,826,702 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? (27860 Views)

What She Got As Christmas Gift From Him - Pictured / Things You Must Not Do For The Man You Are Dating / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by deb(m): 2:56pm On May 23, 2006
Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Like For A Relationship?

This is for ladies.

I want to know

Would you collect a gift from a guy you don't like for a relationship?
If you do, what could be your motive? to encourage him or just slap his face and reject his proposal?

Just curious.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by thelma2(f): 3:02pm On May 23, 2006
Well I can't say 4 sure, depends on what the gift is. If it's what I really like I'll collect it and let Him know am collecting it with no strings attached wink cool
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:04pm On May 23, 2006
as long as it's just a ''gift'', then no probs, afterall friends do give out gifts innit??
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by IAH(f): 3:10pm On May 23, 2006
Haaa, Sure. cheesy That's what we call "Oluse" (Doer - just doing in vain smiley)
Synonym: "belejayan" (helping the owner of fish to fry it). grin
Antonym: Oluni (Owner)
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by deb(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2006
Guys I need to get your views too.
How do you view the scenario?
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by kimba(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2006
so you mean to say once a man gives a girl a gift, he wants a relationship?

how about a girl giving a guy a gift? is that a relationship-intro too?

pls explain
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by deb(m): 3:46pm On May 23, 2006
Well I'm talking about a guy still in the process of convincing a girl
who has been playing hard to get.grin

got d gist now? cheesy
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by kimba(m): 5:51pm On May 23, 2006
@deb

Ehn, im on the same line with you,

but will her "accepting the gift" be the signal that "she has finally said yes"?
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by dominique(f): 7:50pm On May 23, 2006
Speaking for myself i do collect gifts from a guy after i let them know that it make me fall for him, but i find it uncomfortable sha. Most girls find it easy to collect stuff from guys, seems like d girls are the ones using guys now too bad
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by dominique(f): 7:54pm On May 23, 2006
Sorry i meant to say "it won't make me fall for him"

1 Like

Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Uzzyan: 8:09pm On May 23, 2006
Support taiwo completely
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Uzzyan: 8:10pm On May 23, 2006
Support taiwo completely
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by beyunce(f): 8:26pm On May 23, 2006
defoly do.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by hotangel2(f): 8:43pm On May 23, 2006
@ IAH, u r a case study! cheesy cheesy

@ topic, i'll collect the gift now. Shebi it's a gift?

Actually come to think of it, guys these days take it that when u recieve their gifts, u are saying "yes i wanna date you". Abeg hold ur gift jo. I don't need it.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Uzzyan: 8:51pm On May 23, 2006
Now you are talkin
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 23, 2006
Gift ko, present ni!
When you asking a girl out, keep your gifts to your pocket, guys, they are not worth wasting until you are dead sure she's in!

I rarely do give gifts (material i mean) and when i do it's usually at least 2-3 weeks after we've started dating. There's so little to waste especially on someone who won't be worth it at the end of the day.
Call me selfish, it's only being protective, no point casting ur pearls before swine.

Gifts don't make the girl like you more ( a girl who needs gifts to decide to date you is someone to run away from if you are interested in a REAL long term commitment), the really serious, upright girls won't accept your gifts (those are the ones to die for, they have a sense of right and wrong and can be dependable in character), loose ones will accept in the name of ("sebi he wanted to waste his money), those ones you do not wish on your cousin!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by nosakhare(m): 9:44pm On May 23, 2006
Girls are quite greedy sets of people , they like to eat their cake and also have it, they say they collect the gifts with no strings attached, becos the guy is father christmas abi,please lets be honest he gives u a gift and you know where he is heading, and u know collecting it will only send the wrong signal but becos of greed you collect it, thats what i call OJUKOKORO, they want to enjoy without paying the price, wellladies should learn to be principled if you don't like the guy then don't like his gifts also, or is that too difficult,
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by chinani(f): 10:08pm On May 23, 2006
No. I wouldn't. Never have. I think it's a good opportunity to set him straight. wink

@Nossakhare
Girls, eh? Well I know a man who accepted the gift of expensive new shoes & rent money for months! Then he would not say she was his gf! Or even speak a word correcting her when she was telling other ppl that they were in love. embarassed And he knew that she was under that impression ~ I told him myself. So what now of greedy girls sha?
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 23, 2006
In the nigerian context, if the gift was heavy enough, even the girls mamma will press her to accept. We are materialistic by default and tend not to see the finer things of life.

I gave a very close friend of mine a painted egg once. I spent hours blowing out the yolk and drying it, paiinting the designs on it. You know what she did? she said "What is this?" and crushed the egg. She crushed my heart that day, but i said nothing. If they were car keys now - we know where the story will end. Needless to say, i never asked her out - she didnt value my gift.

footnote: about 5% of nigerian girls are not materialistic by nature and upbringing. 40% will love to say they are not, but OnTantalize(), they will return true. roughly 40% have been taught its ok to be slightly materialistic and will proclaim it, while the remaining 5% believe in "highest bidder takes all - registration fees non-refundable"
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by mochafella(m): 10:47pm On May 23, 2006
Gridlock:

but OnTantalize(), they will return true.

Griiiidlock grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by IAH(f): 11:13pm On May 23, 2006
@Nosa Hmmm Ojukokoro/Greedy indeed! angry When it's not like I asked for it! Please what are guys giving us that we can't afford? It's not about greed, just appreciating the efforts of an Oluse.

@Gridlock, I think it's materialistic when a girl has eyes only for big big things, whether it's a painted egg or a car key, I will accept it with thanks. grin
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by ToyM28(f): 11:15pm On May 23, 2006
:oNosakhare, i think u'll find ur statement too generalised. Not all galz re greedy, that doesnt mean that their are some out dere who dont give 2fxxxx about wat dey do. But i know a couple of ppl (including ma self) that wld tell u its wrong to lead a guy on by collecting his gifts. tongue
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by chinani(f): 11:36pm On May 23, 2006
Thank you ToyM28! That's what I meant to say. smiley

What say you, Mochafella? Or are you watching? wink
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by dominobaby(f): 11:53pm On May 23, 2006
I personaly don't take things from people, and knowing that u just need a 'yes', the more reason i wouldn't take it. If a guy's asking me out and i know in the end, i'll say 'yes', i'd rather wait till we are dating properly and then, i'll ask for it.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by diddy4(m): 12:21am On May 24, 2006
i am not a girl but i have been hearing stuff like this from my closest friends who are girls,

boy to girl-- i love you

girl to boy-- i don't love u, leave me alone , **walks out**

boy buys gifts for the girl, girl throws them back at him and walks out and yells leave me alone.

boy buys diamonds, girl keeps it and sends the boy a text saying thanks for the diamond but stay the fu*k away from me.

my point, if a girl tells u to leave her alone times without number and u still continue showering her with gifts, i wont blame the girl for accepting them and still kicking u out. she has said leave me alone, just respect her decision if u truely like her and back the fu*k off.

don't tell her but u have been accepting some of my gifts cuzz she told u from the start she no want and u gave the gifts out of your own generousity.

but a girl that wants to set the records straight like baba did after the failed third term bid, should not accept anything at all. that way, it will be obvious to the boy u dont want him or his bloody gift. then, the boy can turn around and start going straight to hell.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by zeb(m): 12:22am On May 24, 2006
There is noting wrong for a girl to collect a gift from a guy that is chasing her.
It is the guy who decided to give a gift as his strategy to see if she would agree for him.

Such guys are all-ways loser for not having enough confident in them self rather in gifts.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by dominobaby(f): 12:26am On May 24, 2006
@diddy4dt, exactly.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by beyonce1(f): 1:41am On May 24, 2006
right ! check this out,,,, I met this guy at a friend's party, we got on talking and discovered he works just a few buildings from my work place, my birthday was actually 4 days away , he took me down to a jewelry shop to pick up my birthday gift, of course I chose a nice set wink. then He insisted on buying me a whole computer set, I started getting quite uncomfortable with all these cos he never stops coming to take me out for lunch, I did confront him to ask him for the reasons behind these expenditures 'flow' he just smiled. My friends said I was greedy to accept the jewelry set from him ! anyway I started avoiding his calls even though he left messages that he'd come to pick me from work again to get me the computer set, the most hilarious day was the day I found out that he could actually see me seated right at my desk from across the road through the window cheesy and all along I told our receptionist to tell him I was off sick ! cheesy,,, but really would blame me for accepting the jewelry set?
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by bumbaby(f): 6:30am On May 24, 2006
Of course i would collect a gift from a guy i would not date, he isnt the devil so why should i refuse it. to me it would sem like i am collecting a gift from my friend and many guys think it is insulting when you dont accept their gifts. Girls pls collect it well oh!!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by diddy4(m): 6:32am On May 24, 2006
imagine
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by nike4luv(f): 6:55am On May 24, 2006
gawsh, i wont, because i have this notion that accepting something from a guy makes u kinda look ;ike a gold digger hereby u demand stuff. But ma friend try to educate me on that one, so i had no choice cos he said if i accept it he'l be the happiest man in the world so i had too. but i told him it meant nun and this was the first and last time [which he didnt agree with] tongue
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by diddy4(m): 7:01am On May 24, 2006
nike4luv:

gawsh, i wont, because i have this notion that accepting something from a guy makes u kind of look ;ike a gold digger hereby u demand stuff. But ma friend try to educate me on that one, so i had no choice because he said if i accept it he'l be the happiest man in the world so i had too. but i told him it meant nun and this was the first and last time [which he didnt agree with] tongue

u just contradicted yourself. u said no u wont then u turned to yes u will. guys will always tell u u will make them the happiest people on earth if u accept the gift, u said it is your friend but the question is will u accept from a guy u dont want to date. like let say some guy comes up to you to chat u up and u snob the hell out of him, if he offers u diamonds with an escalad, will u accept knowing that u dont like him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Help! My Friend Is In Love With A Sex Doll / No Bra Day! Nairaland Babes Lets Get Started. / 7 Reasons You Should Date A Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.