Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? (27848 Views)

What She Got As Christmas Gift From Him - Pictured / Things You Must Not Do For The Man You Are Dating / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by dominobaby(f): 2:49pm On May 24, 2006
Lol, gridlock, browser error.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by maki(f): 4:17pm On May 24, 2006
there's nothing with recieving gifts
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Rottweiler(m): 4:55pm On May 24, 2006
One has to know the reason why a gift if being offered before acceptance. Why? THERE'S NO FREE MEAL IN FREETOWN. If you are sure there's no hidden agenda, then you are free to take the gift. But know that some gifts get you in trouble and you would end up regretting meeting the giver. Wisdom is very relevant in this case.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by maki(f): 5:04pm On May 24, 2006
rottwiler, will i be in troble for recieving gifts from you tongue
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 24, 2006
the problem with many women is GREED!
It is not that they are not aware of the reason behind the gifts, many girls actually go out of their way to indirectly ask for gifts by surreptitiously announcing their birth dates especially when a guy who is interested in them is around.
There is no free lunch in freetown, remember that for everything you get free there will be payback time.
I learnt early from watching several unlucky friends that women were not just worth many of the things we sweat over them for. I once knew a girl who made fun of a friend of mine by telling me how she shared the #7500 cake he bought for her birthday with friends even though she had no interest in him, here was a friend who was asking for #10 to buy soap the next day!

Many college girls eagerly anticipate gifts on their bds from boys, you should see the way some celebrate it. i remember meeting this girl in my first yr of college, we met in class and just liked each other (she was drop dead gorgeous mind you), she invited me for her birthday and as usual i arrived with my N20 bd card, her room was a sight to behold, gifts from boys i knew and men from outside campus. You would think her parents were so rich. Dear i can't tell you how much of a kick i got from watching the idiots spend their last penny on her bd while she spent the night on my shoulder. My N25 card was worth much more than the thousands in gifts she recieved that night.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 24, 2006
the problem with many women is GREED!
It is not that they are not aware of the reason behind the gifts, many girls actually go out of their way to indirectly ask for gifts by surreptitiously announcing their birth dates especially when a guy who is interested in them is around.
There is no free lunch in freetown, remember that for everything you get free there will be payback time.
I learnt early from watching several unlucky friends that women were not just worth many of the things we sweat over them for. I once knew a girl who made fun of a friend of mine by telling me how she shared the #7500 cake he bought for her birthday with friends even though she had no interest in him, here was a friend who was asking for #10 to buy soap the next day!

Many college girls eagerly anticipate gifts on their bds from boys, you should see the way some celebrate it. ii remember in my meeting this girl in my first yr of college, we met in class and just liked each other (she was drop dead gorgeous mind you), she invited me for her birthday and as usual i arrived with my N20 bd card, her room was a sight to behold, gifts from boys i knew and men from outside campus. You would think her parents were so rich. Dear i can't tell you how much of a kick i got from watching the idiots spend their last penny on her bd while she spent the night on my shoulder. My N25 card was worth much more than the thousands in gifts she recieved that night.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by sweetchic(f): 6:08pm On May 24, 2006
it's nice to get gifts but be smart about it and be prepared to bear the consequences
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by seeker(m): 6:10pm On May 24, 2006
Not strings, cords, I tell you.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by eveseh(f): 6:42pm On May 24, 2006
no,but if da gift is nice i'll take it and kikc his @$$ out tongue tongue
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 24, 2006
eveseh:

no,but if da gift is nice i'll take it and kikc his @$$ out tongue tongue

undecided undecided Where has morals gone dear Lord? Take his gifts and kick his ass out? Whatever you do unto others will surely be meted out unto you. I presume you are not refering to a real man but a boy! Only a boy will buy gifts for you and allow you to kick his ass out. Funny enough real men don't buy gifts for their girls until they are into something serious. Have fun with the teenage boys, they don't know their right from left. it's their asses you'd find to kick.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by eveseh(f): 7:08pm On May 24, 2006
davidylan:

undecided undecided Where has morals gone dear Lord? Take his gifts and kick his ass out? Whatever you do unto others will surely be meted out unto you. I presume you are not refering to a real man but a boy! Only a boy will buy gifts for you and allow you to kick his ass out. Funny enough real men don't buy gifts for their girls until they are into something serious. Have fun with the teenage boys, they don't know their right from left. it's their asses you'd find to kick.

LOL LOL,u are right
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Idekeson(m): 7:57pm On May 24, 2006
Even the most generous guys do not appreciate throwing around gifts for no return in investment, especially if the goal is to impress, and the girl is aware of that. So girls, if you see such gifts as "manner from heaven", just remember, "one day monkey go go market i no go return".
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Scorpio(f): 10:29pm On May 24, 2006
Hellz yea! if he won't stop buggin me with them things, u bet i'm collecting n i ain't givin him none!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by diddy4(m): 10:37pm On May 24, 2006
Scorpio:

Hellz yea! if he won't stop buggin me with them things, u bet i'm collecting n i ain't givin him none!

thats what am talking about.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by ToyM28(f): 11:10pm On May 24, 2006
@ diddy. no body shld still collect gifts from ppl wen do not like dem. dat is unfair and in humane. used to think like dat wen i was younger but ve grown. nd i know u do unto others wat u want dem 2 do to u. wink wink
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by chinani(f): 11:43pm On May 24, 2006
ToyM28:

i know u do unto others what u want them 2 do to u. wink wink
That's real. That's what always stopped me from doing such a thing. Thinking "If it were me. . ."
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by diddy4(m): 11:45pm On May 24, 2006
not when doz other wont back off when u tell them u dont want.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by omogenaija(f): 2:08am On May 25, 2006
davidylan:

Gift ko, present ni!
When you asking a girl out, keep your gifts to your pocket, guys, they are not worth wasting until you are dead sure she's in!

I rarely do give gifts (material i mean) and when i do it's usually at least 2-3 weeks after we've started dating. There's so little to waste especially on someone who won't be worth it at the end of the day.
Call me selfish, it's only being protective, no point casting your pearls before swine.

Gifts don't make the girl like you more ( a girl who needs gifts to decide to date you is someone to run away from if you are interested in a REAL long term commitment), the really serious, upright girls won't accept your gifts (those are the ones to die for, they have a sense of right and wrong and can be dependable in character), loose ones will accept in the name of ("sebi he wanted to waste his money), those ones you do not wish on your cousin!

I agree with u 10000 %. omo dada ni e. wink wink wink
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by tochi(f): 3:27am On May 25, 2006
I thot i was enjoying myself collecting gifts from this one guy but trust me theres no such thing as "just gifts". Nothing na for free for this life, i forget what its called but if a guy gives you something with supposedly no strings attached, his subconscious still expects your ass to repay him~!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by diddy4(m): 4:30am On May 25, 2006
thank you so much for that girl. tell 'em.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by desiree(f): 1:36pm On May 25, 2006
I don't even let guys take me out for meals or movies without paying for my half because some guys out there think they can win you over by giving gift and taking you out. If you are going to do the wooing let your personality do it not your pocket.

If I don't like you, i have no business taking squat from you and guys don't offer gifts if you don't get a red light, that is just plain stupidity.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Ashiwaju(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2006
Well, There have always been mugus and the Alagbari, so for a mugu, sure he would send you bundle of gift ,getting nothing in returns, but for the Alagbari abeg no try collect shi shi cus if u collect from thee and you think he has the money to waste, i am sorry at what you get afterwards if the guy is truly an alagbari.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by deb(m): 3:45pm On May 25, 2006
it's nice to get gifts but be smart about it and be prepared to bear the consequences

Its not nice. its not smart. its just greed
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by deb(m): 4:08pm On May 25, 2006
diddy. no body shld still collect gifts from people when do not like them. that is unfair and in humane. used to think like that when i was younger but ve grown. nd i know u do unto others what u want them 2 do to u.

I give you the awards of -The Most Beautiful Babe On Nairaland
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by ToyM28(f): 2:02pm On May 26, 2006
deb:

Its not nice. its not smart. its just greed

Tnx. nd i also agree with u 100 nd 1%. Its just greed.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by goodguy(m): 10:11pm On May 26, 2006
If you don't like him, don't like his gift [for the fact that it is coming from him, no matter what the gift is]!
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by baby4u2(f): 8:46am On May 27, 2006
@deb, on page two u said u take the girl to mr. biggs and tantilizer? is that what u call present? i can see the type of presents u give. i pity the girl that even wants it.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by BigShishi(m): 11:01am On May 27, 2006
If i guy is gonna be stupid and trick his money en stuff on a girl, let him do it and let her take it, but if da girl too is greedy enough to take gifts without expecting to give anything in return, she'll have to deal with dat 2,
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by kisha: 4:07am On May 29, 2006
Its always string attached,  may not be now, but later,  its all a matter of time,
like someone said, you've got to be wise,
so most times, when I receive, I do it with tact,  wink and when I reject, I do it with tact wink
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by jgirl3: 10:28am On May 29, 2006
I don't think I would do that especially if the guy has made his intentions known. By accepting the gift, you are sending him a message that you want him. If you don't want him and you accept the gift then you are leading the guy on and you are sending mixed signals.
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by Jasmin: 1:32pm On May 29, 2006
well some girls dont think there's anything there in getting a gift(s) from a guy you wouldnt date but from my own point of view if you really are sure you wont date the guy then why get his gift?If you dont need the guy then you dont need his gift as well.accepting his gift is almost as good as accepting him. shocked
Re: Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? by lauryn(f): 1:37pm On May 29, 2006
Y not. Its the thoughts that count. Aint nothing wrong with it, he could just be a friend and get the lady gifts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

No Bra Day! Nairaland Babes Lets Get Started. / Couple Who Met On Twitter Are Engaged (Photos) / #WeMetOnTwitter Is Trending And The Photos Are Adorable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.