Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (19765 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2013
honeric01:

LOL, don't people interact in a vision?

John in revelation is a tip..

Exactly my point.

Righteous men and women who are living or not living on earth can and do interact with Jesus.

It might be a vision for Peter, James and John, but it wasnt a vision for Jesus.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2013
italo: There you go flip-flopping again.

Are you then saying that someone whose sins are retained will go to heaven?

Before you answer hastily, pause and reflect on this verse.

Matt 18:18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

You keep mixing things up, God's the only one who decides who'll make heaven.

As for retaining of sin, a sin retained by humans won't stop you from making heaven if the sin is not againt God's command.

There are levels of sin you know?

What do you know about sin?

Are all sins equal before God?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
italo:

Exactly my point.

Righteous men and women who are living or not living on earth can and do interact with Jesus.

It might be a vision for Peter, James and John, but it wasnt a vision for Jesus.

So you're now telling Jesus what he should call what happened?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
honeric01:

You keep mixing things up, God's the only one who decides who'll make heaven.

As for retaining of sin, a sin retained by humans won't stop you from making heaven if the sin is not againt God's command.

Oh! There are even sins that are not against God's command? Wow! Tell me more about those sins.

Also, what if the sins are against God's command (in your opinion), like me cutting of your hand. Your retaining my sin would then prevent me from entering heaven, right?

honeric01:

There are levels of sin you know?

What do you know about sin?

Are all sins equal before God?

No. But all sins are still sins against God and offend him. Obviously, you disagree with that.

*it is better for you to stop replying me and think this issue over, than for you to go on speaking heresies and lies on behalf of satan...out of pride*
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
honeric01:

So you're now telling Jesus what he should call what happened?

Let Mary and the Saints talk to Jesus. Whether in a vision or in flesh.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
italo:

Let Mary and the Saints talk to Jesus. Whether in a vision or in flesh.

And when did this discuss turn into a mary n all saint's discuss?

Can we stay on the topic?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
italo:

Oh! There are even sins that are not against God's command? Wow! Tell me more about those sins.

Also, what if the sins are against God's command (in your opinion), like me cutting of your hand. Your retaining my sin would then prevent me from entering heaven, right?

No. But all sins are still sins against God and offend him. Obviously, you disagree with that.

*it is better for you to stop replying me and think this issue over, than for you to go on speaking heresies and lies on behalf of satan...out of pride*

Before you derailed with unrelated questions, what were we discussing?

Whether every christian can forgive sins or retain sins or only a specific person(s), can do that? Right?

Sin is like a fault right?
So look at it this way:
If a 'friend' needs money to smoke because he's broke and i'm against smoking, so i decides not to give him, he gets offended and keeps malice with me, what do you call that?

Is it a fault against him or against God? Would this sin be counted as sinning against God or against just him?

Before i summarise my points for the last time, what do you understand by mathew, john and that of 1st peter? Talking about the verses regarding this topic.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

Sin is like a fault right?

A sin is not "like a fault." A sin is an offence against God.

honeric01:
So look at it this way:
If a 'friend' needs money to smoke because he's broke and i'm against smoking, so i decides not to give him, he gets offended and keeps malice with me, what do you call that?

Anything but sin.

honeric01:
Is it a fault against him or against God? Would this sin be counted as sinning against God or against just him?

It will be counted as no sin, whether against him or against God.

honeric01:
Before i summarise my points for the last time, what do you understand by mathew, john and that of 1st peter? Talking about the verses regarding this topic.

I understand that they are in contradiction to your view.

Now can you please answer the question I asked you:

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
italo:

A sin is not "like a fault." A sin is an offence against God.

Anything but sin.

It will be counted as no sin, whether against him or against God.

I understand that they are in contradiction to your view.

Now can you please answer the question I asked you:

A fault is a sin, some bible used 'fault' in place of sin.

Answer my questions.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

A fault is a sin, some bible used 'fault' in place of sin.

Answer my questions.

Which question have I not answered?

*bearing in mind that you have not answered the question I asked before you asked yours. For the third time: *

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
italo:

Which question have I not answered?

*bearing in mind that you have not answered the question I asked before you asked yours. For the third time: *

All you've done with me is ask questions, go back to my posts, pick the questions, give answers, then i resume yours.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

All you've done with me is ask questions, go back to my posts, pick the questions, give answers, then i resume yours.

It is better and holier to ask questions than to speak heresies and blasphemies.

You are the one making allegations, thats why I'm asking you questions to validate your claims.

I have even hardly made any claims.

I ask because I want to know. You claim to know when you allege, so prove yourself.

Besides, you lie. I have not just asked but answered questions.

And you also have left some of my questions unanswered. Why the sudden decision to flee?

Oh! Wise decision. You've spoken more than enough heresies for a lifetime.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
italo:

It is better and holier to ask questions than to speak heresies and blasphemies.

You are the one making allegations, thats why I'm asking you questions to validate your claims.

I have even hardly made any claims.

I ask because I want to know. You claim to know when you allege, so prove yourself.

Besides, you lie. I have not just asked but answered questions.

And you also have left some of my questions unanswered. Why the sudden decision to flee?

Oh! Wise decision. You've spoken more than enough heresies for a lifetime.

No i don't claim to know, i use 'i believe', don't put words in my mouth, now go ahead and answer my questions and lets see who's actually typing heresy.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
[.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

No i don't claim to know, i use 'i believe', don't put words in my mouth, now go ahead and answer my questions and lets see who's actually typing heresy.

Again, what questions?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

No i don't claim to know, i use 'i believe', don't put words in my mouth

So who typed the bold below which sure doesnt contain "I believe?"

honeric01:

Oh, you mean moses and Elijah are living?

I can only speak of Elijah which never died but was taken up, as for Moses, i've got no clue why he showed up but he died at his time. I have no clue how God's going to judge those who died in the time of law, but biblically, those who died in the era of grace are asleep and to be awoken at the second coming. Not my word.

"for its appointed unto man to die once, after that judgement'.

BTW, none of these two were on earth during christ's ministry, and Jesus's physical apperance on earth was for a purpose, to give us direct access to God without the need for earthly\mortal mediator/s.

Jesus remains the only High priest to every true christian and no one else.

Only 2 people can forgive sins
1: God
2: The person you sinned against.

For the last time, refer to the lord's prayer.

I said it before and you didnt believe me.

A lunatic has surely hacked into your nairaland account.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
italo:

So who typed the bold below which sure doesnt contain "I believe?"

I said it before and you didnt believe me.

A lunatic has surely hacked into your nairaland account.

Learn to display Christ in you if you've him at all.

I quoted the lord's prayers to buttress my point.

Civility is missing from your own brand of christianity.

Tell us what you know about who can forgive or keep your insults to yourself.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

Oh, you mean moses and Elijah are living?

I can only speak of Elijah which never died but was taken up, as for Moses, i've got no clue why he showed up but he died at his time. I have no clue how God's going to judge those who died in the time of law, but biblically, those who died in the era of grace are asleep and to be awoken at the second coming. Not my word.

"for its appointed unto man to die once, after that judgement'.

BTW, none of these two were on earth during christ's ministry, and Jesus's physical apperance on earth was for a purpose, to give us direct access to God without the need for earthly\mortal mediator/s.

Jesus remains the only High priest to every true christian and no one else.

Only 2 people can forgive sins
1: God
2: The person you sinned against.

For the last time, refer to the lord's prayer.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

Those who died in christ are all asleep and presently not living, until the second coming, they're technically dead because sleep is a cousin to death.

Not my opinion, check the scriptures, not a hidden fact.

Once more, only the living can intercede for the living, Jesus is the only one capable of interceding for now because he represents the ONE AND ONLY HIGH PRIEST for the true believers.

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

Oh, to you, they appeared to Jesus in flesh or what are you saying?

No, i didn't shift the goal post, only answering your comments accordingly. Check my previous comments on this matter.

According to the Lord's prayers, we can forgive those who sin against us just as God does for us.

Refer to my first comment to get my drift.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

Learn to display Christ in you if you've him at all.

I quoted the lord's prayers to buttress my point.

Civility is missing from your own brand of christianity.

Tell us what you know about who can forgive or keep your insults to yourself.

Sorry.

I just have a hard time dealing with hypocrisy. Jesus had a hard time too...(Matt 23)

The point is made. You made an assertion. So I'm asking to test your claim.

My view on forgiveness:

In John 20:23, Jesus empowered HIS APOSTLES to forgive and retain sins. This was the institution of what we call The Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession). These apostles have handed down these priestly functions through apostolic succession from generation to generation to the present day priests.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
Yes, Moses and Elijah and Abrahim and Jesus and Mary and Peter and James and St Francis and St Padre Pio and all the Holy men and women who have left this world are alive.

My God is a God of the living. What about yours?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
I am saying they appeared and talked with Jesus. Period.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
italo:

Sorry.

I just have a hard time dealing with hypocrisy. Jesus had a hard time too...(Matt 23)

The point is made. You made an assertion. So I'm asking to test your claim.

My view on forgiveness:

In John 20:23, Jesus empowered HIS APOSTLES to forgive and retain sins. This was the institution of what we call The Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession). These apostles have handed down these priestly functions through apostolic succession from generation to generation to the present day priests.

LOL, his apostles or his followers known as "Christians"?

You must have another meaning for "hypocrisy"

Jesus didn't call people who ask him questions lunatic, wondering who you're learning that from.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
italo: Yes, Moses and Elijah and Abrahim and Jesus and Mary and Peter and James and St Francis and St Padre Pio and all the Holy men and women who have left this world are alive.

My God is a God of the living. What about yours?

Meaning everyone who has died are still alive, not just the names you listed? (as long as they knew God before dying). where are they right now? any passage in the bible to back this up?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
italo: I am saying they appeared and talked with Jesus. Period.

They appeared from where?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
@ Honeric

italo:

I thought you were going to answer this ONE after I answered your outstanding questions.

It seems like you just hate that question.

By the way, happy Sunday. God bless you.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
italo: @ Honeric

I thought you were going to answer this ONE after I answered your outstanding questions.

It seems like you just hate that question.

By the way, happy Sunday. God bless you.

If the sin is directly to God, a man can't forgive sins committed against God.

I hope you know there are level of sins?

Ever heard of sins against the holy spirit? and do you know what the bible says about such sins?

Same to you.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
honeric01:

If the sin is directly to God, a man can't forgive sins committed against God.

I hope you know there are level of sins?

Ever heard of sins against the holy spirit? and do you know what the bible says about such sins?

Same to you.

But you didnt answer my question directly. Look how I answered yourd head-on.

I gave a specific example. If I cut off your hand (which you would consider as a sin against both God and you), would your retaining my sin cost me my salvation?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
italo:

But you didnt answer my question directly. Look how I answered yourd head-on.

I gave a specific example. If I cut off your hand (which you would consider as a sin against both God and you), would your retaining my sin cost me my salvation?

You didn't answer me head on because your answers are laughable "noting" the questions that arose from your answers.

Cutting off my hand is a sin against me and also against God, if you come to me to ask for forgiveness and i refuse to forgive you and truly in your heart you sought for that forgiveness, you go to God and you're forgiven by God, my not forgiving you won't stop you from making heaven if you end up dying in Christ, if i die without forgiving you, i'm likely to make hell because my own sins can only be forgiven when i forgive others.

"Key word", to be forgiven, you must forgive too". i hope you know this is an instruction in the bible?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
honeric01:
LOL, his apostles or his followers known as "Christians"?

APOSTLES!

honeric01:
You must have another meaning for "hypocrisy"

Another meaning from yours, maybe.

honeric01:
Jesus didn't call people who ask him questions lunatic, wondering who you're learning that from.

I dont, either.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
honeric01:

Meaning everyone who has died are still alive, not just the names you listed? (as long as they knew God before dying). where are they right now? any passage in the bible to back this up?

"He who lives and believes in me will NEVER die..."--John 11:26

The same verse goes on to ask:

"Do you believe this?"

I'll be curious to know your answer.

I thought you wanted to stay on the topic of forgiveness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Video Recording With 2 JW Elders After WT Child Sexual Abuse Studies / Will The “Great Crowd” Be On Earth When Armageddon Breaks Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.