Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,446 members, 7,954,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:39 AM

Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (19976 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
elampiro:

You hit it well: John 20 .... ''Whatever sins you forgive, they are forgiven them in heaven, whatever sins you retain are retained in heaven.

The petencostals don't have complete knowledge of the bible. Their pastors preach only selected section of the bible only for financial benefit.

But i thought this was refering to all genuine christians?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
The reason whl obama persecutes d church is because of its stand against the approved gay mariage by d anglicans and some protestant churches in UK nd America.
Say what u knw. Olodo!
owolabifunke14: Yes, catholic and anglican churches are in support of gay and pope as the head of the church is not saying anything.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
angry angrySICk MKPI
Okija_juju: [b]@Pope: In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti... Amen
Father, Forgive me cos I'm about to sin..
I just found out that my fiancee is still #Following her ex-boyfriend on Twitter.
I intend to bitchslap the living daylight out of her.
Please forgive me..

@Pope replys @Okija_juju:Its cool my son.. If I had a wife or a Babe and she did the same thing to me, Heaven knows I would be twitting Jesus for forgiveness.
When you finish smacking her, retweet your prayers or just inbox me for your forgiveness..
Then retweet 3 Hail Marys and our lords prayers whilst you are at it.
Also, go on facebook and like my page and also Cardinal Francis' page.
And just for seriousness, you better broadcast Psalm 23 on your BB and use the Blessed Virgin Mary as your DP for 3 weeks...
Also change your Nairaland Profile pic to St. Theresas pic and your NL signature to: The Pope is the coolest
Also add me on Instagram and Myspace.
Go with the gods Okija!!

@Okija rplies @Pope: Thank you father.. You are just too cool.. I will make sure my babe and kids also follow you on twitter.[/b]
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
If the pope and the priests forgive sins according to roman catholics, WHAT THEN IS THE ROLE OF CHRIST JESUS IN salvation?

Roman catholic is not only demonic but also hellishly satanic. We will know better when we die or when CHRIST JESUS comes.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Izontubo(m): 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
black_beau: With all due respect to the pope, I feel this is arrant nonesense. Only Jesus can forgive sins. But na wa oh.at the rate this is going,very soon,women will be given via twitter

Bolded is wrong.....

cheesy
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
perfectsoft:

John 20:23 was not written for the pope. If you want to take it literarily, then every christian has the power to forgive sins, not just the pope. And the pope is not a high priest. There is no high priest in the new testament apart from Jesus. In the new testatment, every christian is a priest. Church leaders are not addressed as priests but as pastors or shepherds. The whole concept of the pope is wrong from its foundation and only seeks to establish a religion where one man controls the lives of people with the false doctrine that he represents God on earth. God does not need anyone to represent him on earth. Even some pentecostal church preachers are now following this wrong trend and false christianity. Jesus is the only mediator between
God and man. No one can replace him

Thank you brother.

If pope represents GOD on earth, then, it means that GOD is not omnipresent.

Roman catholism is anti-christ, period
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
princesammmy: the worst thing that can be done to you is to be denied d previldge of reading what you have(the Bible). only God can forgive sin.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

God cannot forgive sin,only the offended can.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Sike(m): 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
Forgive Sins? Via twitter?! This Pope must be a learner.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by aflag: 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
e-forgiveness
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Smooth51(m): 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Sike: Forgive Sins? Via twitter?! This Pope must be a learner.
do u just believe everything u read??...u knw how social medias work dont u?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
The Catholic Church is proving christianity is a joke.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by DonaldGenes(m): 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by DonaldGenes(m): 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: Mek una come see where ......... Afam dey quote bible. What has the Pope done to discourage gay marriage? If he's not against gay marriage,then his own sin would not be forgiven by any means. Gay is evil and the Pope must champion the fight against gay if truly he is sincere. I need a better husband and gays are taken them away from me

Hands on my Head
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by naijaboyof4life(m): 1:10am On Jul 24, 2013
Zona.com:

It is not bro. Kinda morethan. Remember the early christians(catholics) that handed the bible to you could have edited it to suit them if they had wanted to. Moreover, how are you sure they did'nt? Faith! Is it not?
Dan brown, in his novel the davinci code claims that a lotta christian believes as contained in the bible is fraud. I dont belief him, and maybe you dont too. So lets just hold onto our faith bro, thats religion

Christians was a derogatory word used for people who were preaching the gospel. The right word is believers in Christ and they were not Catholics.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by naijaboyof4life(m): 1:12am On Jul 24, 2013
Izon-tubo:

Bolded is wrong.....

cheesy

How is it wrong, what the person is saying is that Jesus was also a man. He is the only man that has the power to forgive
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by chudidonas(m): 1:26am On Jul 24, 2013
The Roman Catholic Church gradually Master-minding the 'take over' of earth by Anti christ..Dear Lord, May I be among the rapturable ones. Amen
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by naijaboyof4life(m): 1:42am On Jul 24, 2013
elampiro:

You hit it well: John 20 .... ''Whatever sins you forgive, they are forgiven them in heaven, whatever sins you retain are retained in heaven.

The petencostals don't have complete knowledge of the bible. Their pastors preach only selected section of the bible only for financial benefit.

If you read the two verses before that, you would get the understanding. What Jesus was saying was that When His followers went to preach the gospel and people accept it, in faith, we can say that their sin has been forgiven (God has forgiven them)and if they reject, we can humbly say that they are lost and they are not doing the will of God. Jesus did not say we have the power to forgive sins.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by gothrones(m): 3:43am On Jul 24, 2013
This thread is a testament to the inherent confusion in Christianity. If you folks don't agree about a fundamental concept such as forgiveness, why would you expect others to believe you? Work out the kinks amongst yourselves before you try to sell your religion to others.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by livebullet(m): 6:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're permitted.

@topic
Why can't people pray to God direct.

y dont u pay ur tithe for Pastor's pv8 Jet direct to God?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by livebullet(m): 6:59am On Jul 24, 2013
perfectsoft:

John 20:23 was not written for the pope. If you want to take it literarily, then every christian has the power to forgive sins, not just the pope. And the pope is not a high priest. There is no high priest in the new testament apart from Jesus. In the new testatment, every christian is a priest. Church leaders are not addressed as priests but as pastors or shepherds. The whole concept of the pope is wrong from its foundation and only seeks to establish a religion where one man controls the lives of people with the false doctrine that he represents God on earth. God does not need anyone to represent him on earth. Even some pentecostal church preachers are now following this wrong trend and false christianity. Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. No one can replace him

1 man controls huh?.... @ least its better dan ur financial captivity undeR Pastors; Kumuyi,Oritsejafoe, Chris, TB n odas...go n pay ur private Jet/Pv8 cruise dues jare.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by livebullet(m): 7:03am On Jul 24, 2013
naijaboyof4life:

Christians was a derogatory word used for people who were preaching the gospel. The right word is believers in Christ and they were not Catholics.

this is a dull ass. Deficient in history. The church is 2000yrs old. Check ur history n c the list of popes 4rm Peter to Francis. Dullinus!...# i knw ur next statement will b "show me were Francis is in d bible". This pentecostals can b so narrow-minded! Pls u too show me where Nigeria is in d bible or where America is in d bible.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by livebullet(m): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2013
chudidonas: The Roman Catholic Church gradually Master-minding the 'take over' of earth by Anti christ..Dear Lord, May I be among the rapturable ones. Amen

n Dear Lord Replies; "sorry Mr ur name wasnt found on my list, because wen i was thirsty u gave all ur money to a financial corporation called church n its CEO called G.O. U neva helped that bike man by d side of ur house.(d@ was me!)" 2.U condemned my church i instituted on the 23rd of July 2013 on nairaland. 3.U neva believed me when i said "dis is my body...do it in memory of me, rather u consume agege bread n bacchus wine in merriment n 4 pleasure....
An endless list of ur sins my son...depart 4rm me! I knw thou not.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by livebullet(m): 7:19am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is the Catholic faith independent of what is in the bible?

no the bible is a product of the church n the church is a product of Jesus. NOt vice versa!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by livebullet(m): 7:25am On Jul 24, 2013
[quote author=Tolexander]
clap for yourself!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by livebullet(m): 7:30am On Jul 24, 2013
princesammmy:

don't quote out of context. it was refering to fault one to another not sin against God.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

define a fault 1st, then go check other versions or translations. NARROW MINDED PRINCESAMMY
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by nodullin(m): 7:38am On Jul 24, 2013
owolabifunke14: Yes, catholic and anglican churches are in support of gay and pope as the head of the church is not saying anything.

What is this one saying Are u high on some cheap drugs?? Pls verify before exhibiting ur nuisance on social media. Mcheeew!!!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by richt75: 7:44am On Jul 24, 2013
pope now decides whom to forgive and whom goes to heaven. is he doing the almighty GOD work recently? grin wink
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by EdwardAkande(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2013
richt75: pope now decides whom to forgive and whom goes to heaven. is he doing the almighty GOD work recently? grin wink
yes! Thats because God has vested an extraordinary power on him. Go and read your Bible: '......to him whose sins u forgive shall be forgiven'
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by tomtolu: 8:45am On Jul 24, 2013
I want to say thanks to everyone that's spoken so far!Well, we've all had a word or two (our opinions).
I want to say this to the funny ones, GOOD JOB. To the antagonists, KEEP Up THE GOOD WORK OR SAVING CHRISTIANITY and to the Protagonists, WELL DONE FIGHTING YOUR CAUSE.
The truth of the matter is this, If you confess your sins to God, They are forgiven! If you confess to a priest, they are forgiven as well!

But has anyone taken time to truely study SIN and CONFESSION itself??

St. Augustine (permit me to use Saint) and many other saints of the catholic church have reserched TOO DEEPLY, devoting their entire LIFETIME,to works of faith like this! Looking at it all from both spiritual and secular views!

A 2000 year old man can be WRONG! Sure, he's but a man. BUT, How much more A Boy of 20 years

Let us not get confused at all. Jesus is the ONLY Mediator between MAN and GOD, But He came as a priest, A king and a prophet! Jesus' Preistly work is that of Forgiveness of Sin. When He was leaving, He gave His disciples the POWER to forgive and EVEN RETAIN sin! CAN JUST ANYONE RETAIN SIN

Now, if you and I choose to ask God for forgiveness, Sure, He will forgive us, But if we do it Jesus' way, God will not only forgive us, BUT GRANT US INDULGENCE (that WORD is what WE NEED TO STUDY WELL).
The catholic church has had its trying times killing (Galileo and so many other people), THAT, Jesus had Predicted already.......so There should be NO fight.

If you someone decides to take a shortcut, Let him take it... And If you decide to take a ship to China (when u have a Jet parked in your compound), what's my stress?

See Confessions to priests and to God as thus;
A man wears a clean shirt and a bad shoe after confession while the other has a clean shirt and a good shoe after confession.. (There's a lil difference).

In the old testament times, People could have Prayed to God for forgiveness directly as well, BUT GOD TOLD THEM to GO TO A PRIEST who would make a sacrifice of ATONEMENT....

BIBLE?
Which one 1st came to be,Christianity or the BIBLE If you answer that and your Faith does not Transcend what you READ, you need a re-orientation of Faith!

FAITH IS WHAT MATTERS...Heaven is REAL, HELL is REAL and PURGATORY is Also REAL...
Thanks
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by blackky100(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2013
I dont know why people are making noise about this. Afterall Jesus Christ Himself gave power to HIS Apostles to forgive sins. When Christ resurrated from the dead, HE appeared to the apostles who were locked up in the room for fear of harrasament by the Jews. and he breathed on them and said, Peace be unto you, as my Father in heaven has sent me so i am sending you. RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT, FOR THOSE SINS WHICH YOU FORGIVE ON EARTH, THEY ARE FORGIVEN IN HEAVEN AND FOR THOSE SINS WHICH YOU RETAINED ON EARTH THEY ARE RETAINED IN HEAVEN. Go and look for this yourself in the bible, that is your assignment.

Christ Himself institute the Sacrament of Penance, which is giving his apostles the power to forgive sins. Today who are Christ Apostles? they are the Priest.

Make una try de read una bible well.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by roselynbas(f): 9:11am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
James 5:16
Oga don't mis- quote d bible, it says "confess your sins that you may be healed" not that another man apart from christ can forgive your sins. Read d entire verse, talks about looking for one who can help u pray because he is righteous and his prayer can b heard by God. Simply because God hates sin. Not 4 d man to stand and say your sins are forgiving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Transgender People Can Be Baptized Catholic, Serve As Godparents, Vatican Says / Who Are These Jehovah's Witnesses? Misconceptions, Likes & Dislikes About Them! / The 9 Supernatural Gifts Of The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.