Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,708 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (19794 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Mintayo(m): 1:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
Wuked.P:
The pope is a comedian, 1st he should ask God to forgive all doz homosexuals mascurading themselves as priest b4 thinkin bout others, catholism is a big joke its all about the pope n Mary ,The Lord Jesus is still an infant child in the eyes of d gullible Catholics..... May God forgive u pope n d rest of ur blind Mary worshipers..

This guys are confused...this is deception...you are right!
IT IS ONLY JESUS CHRIST THAT HAS THE POWER TO FORGIVE
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Linoversace: 1:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ishilove: The Catholic Church is a big joke.

Funny!
Have you told someone to FALL DOWN and DIE today? undecided
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Youngzedd(m): 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
gboru: proud to be a CATHOLIC

NA SOOOOOOOOOOH WE NO SEND THEM (HATERS) I WILL TELL OUR PARISH PRIEST TO UPGRADE TO SOCIAL MEDIA BECAUSE AT TIMES GOING TO THE CHURCH AND SITTING TILL IT'S YOUR TURN IS BORING. WITH THIS I CAN CONFESS THROUGH FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR NAIRALAND.

YESSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

WE ARE IMPROVING.........

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by bakaresarah: 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
May God 4giv all of us
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by eightsin(m): 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
The pope doesn't forgive sins...God does.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by BonnyDominic: 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
If i were to a non-Catholic, i will confront my pastor/s or whoever is spiritual director and ask him or her abt d person of d Pope nd his Authority. Most of Ur pastors nd prophetes prayed thru d media nd even ask U 2 lay Ur hand on d device, nobody question it. A question to all d protestants nd penticostals: wea were d overseers of ur church wen d Pope came to Nigeria? Make Una fear God ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by blackbeau1(f): 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
With all due respect to the pope, I feel this is arrant nonesense. Only Jesus can forgive sins. But na wa oh.at the rate this is going,very soon,women will be given via twitter
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by candace16(f): 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
princesammmy: the worst thing that can be done to you is to be denied d previldge of reading what you have(the Bible). only God can forgive sin.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

tell dem oooo
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by owolabifunke14(f): 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
Bonny Dominic: In essence, wat r U implying?
I am just calling for the pope to take up the right fight as head of the church.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by jahlove4jah: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
For sins to be forgiven by God, the sinner need more than confession, if needs to turn around from his sinful course proverbs 28: 13 .
princesammmy: the worst thing that can be done to you is to be denied d previldge of reading what you have(the Bible). only God can forgive sin.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Mintayo(m): 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Zona.com:

Jesus breathed on his apostles and said 'receive the holy spirit, if you forgive men's sin, they are forgiven. If you retain them they are retained'.
The pope, just like everyother priest can forgive sins, once the penitent makes a good confession

did you miss the part which says 'recieve ye the Holy Spirit?
How can a mortal man forgive a sinner
I think you need Him(Holy Spirit)more.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by superior1: 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
E-forgiveness, arrant nonsense
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by loswhite(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
spongeback: Can I laugh
if u don't attend any church then u can laugh
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
Emmzalon: Go take uncountable stroke of whips,wear the crown of thorns,let em shook u a sword den die on d cross of calvary. Den u can cum and 4give sins..bt until den,leave Jesus to his utmost responsibility sir.

dont forget, he has to ressurect too and ascend to the father...

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by loswhite(m): 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: Yes, catholic and anglican churches are in support of gay and pope as the head of the church is not saying anything.
where did u get that from . Which catholic support gay?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Ishilove: 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Linoversace:

Funny!
Lol. Don't even go down that road, buster. This thread is about the falsehood of Roman catholicism so don't try to change the subject.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by owobaba201: 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
[code]NO 1 HAS THE POWER TO FORGIVE SINS EXCEPT GOD.THIS IS BLASPEMY AND HYPOCRISY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!AL NA RESULT OF APOSTACY[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font].MAY GOD HELP US TO RECOGNIZE THE TRUTH WEN WE FIND IT.AMEN smiley[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by SalC: 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: Yes, catholic and anglican churches are in support of gay and pope as the head of the church is not saying anything.
You need a little research, you are probably mistaken.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by iykedancastro(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
CRAP!
Zona.com:

Jesus breathed on his apostles and said 'receive the holy spirit, if you forgive men's sin, they are forgiven. If you retain them they are retained'.
The pope, just like everyother priest can forgive sins, once the penitent makes a good confession
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
I'm a Catholic cool
I support confession but I'm here wondering how e-forgiveness will give Absolution
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by SalC: 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
black_beau: With all due respect to the pope, I feel this is arrant nonesense. Only Jesus can forgive sins.
And the same Jesus gave his apostles power to forgive sin.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
In today's world, people are too gullible
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by AbuMikey(m): 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
If I slap You ehn,You go deaf for both ear!!!!
Na Which of the Anglican churches dey in support of Gay marriage undecided
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by farano(f): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
Roman catholic church remains d world's number one church till tomorrow! Some warehouse/pako churches might end this minute....cant stop laughing o...fools

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by amanda2013(f): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel: The POPE has no POWER to forgive Sins.

smiley
u are deceiving urself
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Tos87(m): 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
Close that your mouth...cos of ЂΞ 5mB u have Ý๏ǖ think Ý๏ǖ can Č☺•ϻϵ here ãпԃ say what Ý๏ǖ don't kno. Catholic as a church never for once ãпԃ will never be in support of gay marriage.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Iaz93: 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
Linoversace:

Funny!
LMAO!!! Christianity no go kill person oh! Different doctrines. God will surprise everybody on the last day, that's if there will be any.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Cynsky76(f): 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
All dis warehouse christians wey dey luk for autonomy.watch ur mouth as u talk to god rep in dat manner ;;;;;;;;;separated brethrens.thank u ur holiness

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
I feel it necessary to make my voice known on this issue.
The question is what is the motive of this? Why was this established because motives are very important here.
I would state emphatically that this is wrong. Many people would be led astray because of this. Forgiveness of sin comes from repentance and confession to God. This is totally wrong.
I know this would be widely embraced by the catholic faithfuls but the fact here is that, this would not help the sinner to repent but would serve as a license or a guarantor to sin.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Geolalisa(f): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
The following verses gives the biblical insight of why we confess to a priest.
1) Leviticus 19:21-22 {The man shall bring a ram to the entrance of the Tent of my presence as his repayment offering,and with it the priest shall perform the ritual of purification to remove the man's sin, and God will forgive him.}

2) Leviticus 16:32-34 {The High Priest, properly ordained and consecrated to succeed his father, is to perform the ritual of purification. He shall put on the priestly garments and perform the ritual to purify the Most Holy Place, the rest of the Tent of the Lord's presence, the altar, the priests, and all the people of the community.These regulations are to be observed for all time to come. This ritual must be performed once a year to purify the people of Israel from all their sins.So Moses did as the Lord had commanded.}

3) Matthew 18:18 {And so I tell all of you: what you prohibit on earth will be prohibited in heaven, and what you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.}

4) John 20:19-23 { It was late that Sunday evening, and the disciples were gathered together behind locked doors, because they were afraid of the Jewish authorities. Then Jesus came and stood among them. “Peace be with you,” he said.After saying this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples were filled with joy at seeing the Lord.Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father sent me, so I send you.” Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.If you forgive people's sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”}

However, they are three conditions necessary to make a good confession;
a) Contrition-You are to confess the sins you have truely repented from.
b) Confession- Admit your sins with a firm purpose of amendment.
c) Satisfaction- faith that your sins have been forgiven by God through the priest.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by drnoel: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2013

Do that in Ur pocket. The catholic church doctrine teach otherwise. U need to converse urself with it, then u'd understand better. U may even be converted to the true one God, if u allow urself be thought better. The catholic church is the true one church. All others are just following trying to do as they do and also trying to criticize what they don't understand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? / Religion Section 'awards Night' / Apostle Suleman Kissing His Wife, Lizzy Suleman On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.