Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,298 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:15 PM

Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (19974 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
italo:

Amen! Now, two questions:

Whose opinion is this...God's opinion or yours?

Let us assume you are correct. Do you believe that anyone who lives and believes in Jesus will LIVE forever?

Those who died in christ are all asleep and presently not living, until the second coming, they're technically dead because sleep is a cousin to death.

Not my opinion, check the scriptures, not a hidden fact.

Once more, only the living can intercede for the living, Jesus is the only one capable of interceding for now because he represents the ONE AND ONLY HIGH PRIEST for the true believers.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by farano(f): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
jusRadical: If the pope and the priests forgive sins according to roman catholics, WHAT THEN IS THE ROLE OF CHRIST JESUS IN salvation?

Roman catholic is not only demonic but also hellishly satanic. We will know better when we die or when CHRIST JESUS comes.
If peter & other disciples of Jesus Christ forgive sin, what then is d role of Jesus Christ in salvation? U see ur life? Catholic is demonic but u follow their ways! Catholics fix date 4 church celebrations such as EASTER!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Theblessed(f): 12:07am On Jul 25, 2013
drnoel:
U see how that thing u drank is making u do act out of xter. Tell me, how does an ordinary catholic go against the doctrines of the church he/she was born and raised with. Pls mind how u talk.

[size=16pt]You see, this is why many of you would end up in hell with satan and his demons if you don't watch it!

Because, you believe so strongly on the doctrine of yous Church, if it's values and practices are against the 'Word of God/Scriptures in the Bible', you continue to support it and it's practices

Too bad for you...

[/size]
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Theblessed(f): 12:23am On Jul 25, 2013
lacum:
pls if u dont undestand this doctrine just keep quiet and listen to others b4 writing. every priest has a confessor likewise d pope. dats d humility in d whole thing. d popes confesor is a priest too. even if as some people suggest that d bible said dat we should confess to one another is true, does d church not have d right to restrict it to priests to guard against d abuse? rmemba dat a priet cannot reveal ur sins to anoda in any circumstance.
back to d topic, indulgence is not forgiveness of sin and confesson cannot be done through d net because its not safe. d blessings of d pope in brazil wil forgive d punishment due to d sins u have been forgiven at confession and even in ur individual prayer but dis must come from following d programe prayerfully. so tel me whats d difficult thing to understand here?

[size=16pt]Hehehe!!

Let me inform you once more - you see, it is you who do not understand the doctrine of Jesus Christ, ok!

I am telling you now, 'Thou shall not confess to man - because he is mortal a sinner', gorit?

Rather confess privately or openly, quietly or vocally in spirit any where you like to your God, to Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, and stop blindly following Church doctrines that would take you to hell, as there won't be any Churches/Ministries in HEAVEN - but, only ONE FAMILY OF GOD with hosts of Angels plus us who believe and followed God's Principles, OK...!

There won't be Catholic, Anglican, Presbyterian, Apostolic, Evangelical or any such congregation in Heaven, get it in order to save your soul and stop arguing, ok!
[/size]
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Dnaz(m): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2013
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]Hehehe!!

Let me inform you once more - you see, it is you who do not understand the doctrine of Jesus Christ, ok!

I am telling you now, 'Thou shall not confess to man - because he is mortal a sinner', gorit?

Rather confess privately or openly, quietly or vocally in spirit any where you like to your God, to Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, and stop blindly following Church doctrines that would take you to hell, as there won't be any Churches/Ministries in HEAVEN - but, only ONE FAMILY OF GOD with host of Angel plus us who believe and followed God's Principles, OK...!

There won't be Catholic, Anglican, Presbyterian, Apostolic, Evangelical or any such congregation in Heaven, get it in order to save your soul and sto

p arguing, ok!
[/size]

sorry 4 u Catholic till death
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by drnoel: 6:53am On Jul 25, 2013
lacum: but why are human beings like this? pls nairalanders, d headline is misleading. this must have been written by a non catholic to discrdit d church. indulgence does not mean forgiveness of sin but d forgivenes of d punishment due to sin. confession cannot be done online and will never be. pls read d article carefully and u will notice where it was said dat people will receive a plenary indulgence only when they follow d peogramme prayerfully and must have confessed their since to a priest. tks
Don't worry urself, let them throw their insults. This is not the first time the church has been in the lime light and it won't be the last. As long as what they say doesn't shake ur faith. U see, they all want and admire the catholic church, this is just their weird way of saying it.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2013
honeric01:

Those who died in christ are all asleep and presently not living, until the second coming, they're technically dead because sleep is a cousin to death.

Not my opinion, check the scriptures, not a hidden fact.

Once more, only the living can intercede for the living, Jesus is the only one capable of interceding for now because he represents the ONE AND ONLY HIGH PRIEST for the true believers.

So were Moses and Elijah living or dead...at the transfiguration?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 8:29am On Jul 25, 2013
drnoel:
Don't worry urself, let them throw their insults. This is not the first time the church has been in the lime light and it won't be the last. As long as what they say doesn't shake ur faith. U see, they all want and admire the catholic church, this is just their weird way of saying it.

21 likes
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2013
italo:

Oh, you mean moses and Elijah are living?

I can only speak of Elijah which never died but was taken up, as for Moses, i've got no clue why he showed up but he died at his time. I have no clue how God's going to judge those who died in the time of law, but biblically, those who died in the era of grace are asleep and to be awoken at the second coming. Not my word.

"for its appointed unto man to die once, after that judgement'.

BTW, none of these two were on earth during christ's ministry, and Jesus's physical apperance on earth was for a purpose, to give us direct access to God without the need for earthly\mortal mediator/s.

Jesus remains the only High priest to every true christian and no one else.

Only 2 people can forgive sins
1: God
2: The person you sinned against.

For the last time, refer to the lord's prayer.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Geolalisa(f): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2013
Catholic for life!!!! Quit the criticism and hating please.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2013
honeric01:

Oh, you mean moses and Elijah are living?

I can only speak of Elijah which never died but was taken up, as for Moses, i've got no clue why he showed up but he died at his time. I have no clue how God's going to judge those who died in the time of law, but biblically, those who died in the era of grace are asleep and to be awoken at the second coming. Not my word.

"for its appointed unto man to die once, after that judgement'.

BTW, none of these two were on earth during christ's ministry, and Jesus's physical apperance on earth was for a purpose, to give us direct access to God without the need for earthly\mortal mediator/s

If you are saying Elijah and Moses were dead at the transfiguration, it means dead men can talk to Jesus.

If you say they were living, it means righteous men who have left this earth are living...and can talk to Jesus.

Either way, you argument is screwed.
honeric01:
Jesus remains the only High priest to every true christian and no one else.

For the last time, refer to the lord's prayer.

Let us assume that your years of Bible study have never included John 20:23: "If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2013
italo:

If you are saying Elijah and Moses were dead at the transfiguration, it means dead men can talk to Jesus.

If you say they were living, it means righteous men who have left this earth are living...and can talk to Jesus.

Either way, you argument is screwed.

Let us assume that your years of Bible study have never included John 20:23: "If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

Unbelivers see ghost of their dead unbeliver brethern, so?

Yes, what i quoted is in context of john 20, s but for the christians (true), if we're to forgive sins, its because we represent christ on earth, hence 1pet 2;9. Every true christian is christ on earth, so confessing to one another's a collective christian obligation and was not a specific duty of one person as the catholics practise.

Summary: God's the one who forgives finally, Jesus is our link to the forgiver and he's giving us the proxy to forgive others. So whicheverway you look @ it, it still means 'one to another' and not to a 'specified person'.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
honeric01:

Oh! So you are saying it wasnt Elijah and Moses Jesus was talking to, it was their ghosts? *just because you want to deny that they were either living or dead, which rubbishes your argument*

honeric01:
Yes, what i quoted is in context of john 20, s but for the christians (true), if we're to forgive sins, its because we represent christ on earth, hence 1pet 2;9. Every true christian is christ on earth, so confessing to one another's a collective christian obligation and was not a specific duty of one person as the catholics practise.

Summary: God's the one who forgives finally, Jesus is our link to the forgiver and he's giving us the proxy to forgive others. So whicheverway you look @ it, it still means 'one to another' and not to a 'specified person'.

See how you are gradually shifting the goal post. First you said "only God and the offended can forgive sins." Now you are saying "every Christian can forgive sins."

Which one should we take?

Sort yourself out before you attack Catholic doctrine. You dont even know what you believe.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by maskid(m): 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
drnoel:
U obviously don't have information and so u decided to talk out of contest.
drnoel:
drnoel:

CONTEXT U MEAN??
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Smooth51(m): 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
Neva believe everything as it is written down on the internet....things my be twisted purposefully..e.g www.nairaland.com/1371186/ibadan-strange-fish-baby-octopus

The main idea of the above story ws nt gotten bt ws released carelessly on net..hence causing panick.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
italo:

Oh! So you are saying it wasnt Elijah and Moses Jesus was talking to, it was their ghosts? *just because you want to deny that they were either living or dead, which rubbishes your argument*

See how you are gradually shifting the goal post. First you said "only God and the offended can forgive sins." Now you are saying "every Christian can forgive sins."

Which one should we take?

Sort yourself out before you attack Catholic doctrine. You dont even know what you believe.

Oh, to you, they appeared to Jesus in flesh or what are you saying?

No, i didn't shift the goal post, only answering your comments accordingly. Check my previous comments on this matter.

According to the Lord's prayers, we can forgive those who sin against us just as God does for us.

Refer to my first comment to get my drift.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by lacum: 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
italo:

dont mind honoeico1
he didnt read d story of d rich man and lazarus.
after d rich man died he went straight to hell and lazarus to d bosom of abraham
jesus did not say dat they waited till d end of d world for d final judgement
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by lacum: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
honeric01:

so jesus is now practicing necromancy?
honerico1, honerico1,honerico1 how many times did i call u?
as long as u beging to digress from d xtian truth brouht to u by d catholic church, u will continue to say things dat are against d xtian faith.
lastly, does d church not have d right to regulate d abuse of confessing to one anoda?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
lacum:
so jesus is now practicing necromancy?
honerico1, honerico1,honerico1 how many times did i call u?
as long as u beging to digress from d xtian truth brouht to u by d catholic church, u will continue to say things dat are against d xtian faith.
lastly, does d church not have d right to regulate d abuse of confessing to one anoda?

Your point is?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
honeric01:

Oh, to you, they appeared to Jesus in flesh or what are you saying?

Matt 17:3: Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

Why do you want to force it to say "Moses' and Elijah's ghosts?"

honeric01:
No, i didn't shift the goal post, only answering your comments accordingly. Check my previous comments on this matter.

According to the Lord's prayers, we can forgive those who sin against us just as God does for us.

Refer to my first comment to get my drift.

Okay, let me do your wish and check previous posts.

honeric01:

honeric01:

Mr Honeric, what do you actually believe?

That only God and the offended can forgive sins, or that every Christian can forgive sins, whether they are the offended or not?

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 4:48am On Jul 26, 2013
italo:

Matt 17:3: Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

That only God and the offended can forgive sins, or that every Christian can forgive sins, whether they are the offended or not?

'They appeared', what does that indicate?

Using your words, if the pope can forgive sins according to u, then all true christians can accordingly.

My stand is my first post on this thread, plus what you handpicked.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 4:49am On Jul 26, 2013
italo:

honeric01:

Using your logic, if no man's without sin, why then do i need to only confess to a 'pope' and expects forgiveness when i can just confess to the person i offend?

In my understanding, confessing to 'one another' had more to do with the unity in the early church then and was a way of making christians come to terms with eachother once they err against one another.

I believe only 2 persons can forgive sins
1: The person you erred against
2: God.

Tip? Read the Lord's prayer again, this was what Jesus our true savior taught us and the key to who's capable of forgiving sins is hidden in that prayer.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 7:09am On Jul 26, 2013
@ Honeric,

Okay, so you are saying only God and the offended can forgive sins.

Let us look again at John 20:23. It says: "If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

You are telling me that that passage is referring to people who are offended.

But does the offended have power to retains people's sins?

E.g If I steal your money, and ask you for forgiveness and you refuse, then nothing can save me according to your interpretation of John 20:23?

If I cut off your hand and you forgive me with or without my asking, I am cleared of that sin?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 7:13am On Jul 26, 2013
honeric01:

'They appeared', what does that indicate?

It said "Moses and Elijah appeared."

That indicates that Moses and Elijah appeared.

Not their ghosts, as you are so desperate to force the verse to say.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2013
italo:

It said "Moses and Elijah appeared."

That indicates that Moses and Elijah appeared.

Not their ghosts, as you are so desperate to force the verse to say.

You still can't fanthom what 'appeared' mean? It was a vision oga, they didn't walk up to him o. Pls go and read the full passage again.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2013
italo: @ Honeric,

Okay, so you are saying only God and the offended can forgive sins.

Let us look again at John 20:23. It says: "If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

You are telling me that that passage is referring to people who are offended.

But does the offended have power to retains people's sins?

E.g If I steal your money, and ask you for forgiveness and you refuse, then nothing can save me according to your interpretation of John 20:23?

If I cut off your hand and you forgive me with or without my asking, I am cleared of that sin?

Yes, if i refuse to forgive you, your sin's retained. That's why Jesus said if you've offended anyone, you must seek for his or her forgiveness before your offerings can be accepted by God.

He also said before your own sins can be forgiven, you must also forgive others who sinned against you.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2013
honeric01:

Yes, if i refuse to forgive you, your sin's retained. That's why Jesus said if you've offended anyone, you must seek for his or her forgiveness before your offerings can be accepted by God.

He also said before your own sins can be forgiven, you must also forgive others who sinned against you.

This is amazing! Am I reading the bold right, or has some lunatic hacked into your nairaland account?

In order words, I can decide whether my offenders will go to heaven or hell, by choosing to forgive or retain their sin(s) against me?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 10:07am On Jul 26, 2013
honeric01:

You still can't fanthom what 'appeared' mean? It was a vision oga, they didn't walk up to him o. Pls go and read the full passage again.

So Jesus was not actually talking with them...he only had "a vision?"

Is this what St. Matthew wrote?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2013
italo:

This is amazing! Am I reading the bold right, or has some lunatic hacked into your nairaland account?

In order words, I can decide whether my offenders will go to heaven or hell, by choosing to forgive or retain their sin(s) against me?

Don't get it twisted, i'm talking about sin we commit against eachother, not forgiving me won't stop me from making heaven.

Its intertwined, to be forgiven by God, you're to forgive others who err against you.
Comprehend?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 10:23am On Jul 26, 2013
italo:

So Jesus was not actually talking with them...he only had "a vision?"

Is this what St. Matthew wrote?

LOL, don't people interact in a vision?

John in revelation is a tip..
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2013
“ "And after six days Jesus taketh Peter,
James, and John his brother, and bringeth
them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face
did shine as the sun, and his raiment was
white as the light. And, behold, there
appeared unto them Moses and Elijah
talking with him. Then answered Peter,
and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here
three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for
Moses, and one for Elijah. While he yet
spake, behold, a bright cloud
overshadowed them: and behold a voice
out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased;
hear ye him. And when the disciples heard
it, they fell on their face, and were sore
afraid. And Jesus came and touched them,
and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And
when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only. And as they
came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no
man, until the Son of man be risen again
from the dead." (Matthew 17:1–9, KJV)
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 11:16am On Jul 26, 2013
There you go flip-flopping again.

honeric01:

Yes, if i refuse to forgive you, your sin's retained.

honeric01:
Don't get it twisted, i'm talking about sin we commit against eachother, not forgiving me won't stop me from making heaven.

Are you then saying that someone whose sins are retained will go to heaven?

Before you answer hastily, pause and reflect on this verse.

Matt 18:18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Transgender People Can Be Baptized Catholic, Serve As Godparents, Vatican Says / Who Are These Jehovah's Witnesses? Misconceptions, Likes & Dislikes About Them! / The 9 Supernatural Gifts Of The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.