Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market (29020 Views)

Riot At Ikeja-Along Area Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by kaeto(m): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2013
REALITY101:

Legendary shot fired grin
these my brothers ehn! Una no go kill me with morning laffta oh! Which 1 be legendary shot fired again naw? Please stop the hate, we all be nigerians oh!
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by geeez: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2013
BinghiNya: 98% of cd pirates are igbo, 58% of local prostitutes are igbo, 63% ritualists are igbo, 82% armed robbers are igbo, 88% nigerians in foreign prisons are igbo, 72% igbo are drug pushers www.igbodiasporia.com

That's why their perceived money making doesn't show up in the state's GDP

Someone said 7 out of every 10 things he buys are sold by Igbos. Maybe it depends on where he's buying his things because most of the things I buy are sold by South Africans, Chinese and Indians

I also read some disillusioned wasp's post that the sectors I listed which make most of Lagos's GDP are controlled by Igbos

Manufacturing, Transportation, Building and Construction are Yoruba controlled

Trading makes up 8.39% and I insist there are a lot of Yoruba wholesale traders but even if you gave the Igbos 100% of trading, they contribute less than 9% of the state's GDP so park
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by eio2013: 8:23am On Jul 26, 2013
DivideUs:

^^^^ angry

ABI!! you guys are everywhere like ants and still claim to want your own country, you go to someones land, better be ready to live by their laws.
Olodo! We r ants yes but very productive unlike you very lazy, unproductive, dirty saboteurs. It is now someone's land after we have developed ur slums for u. GOAT LIKE U...
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by softwareman(m): 8:25am On Jul 26, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: are you insane? Why write in capital letters? Gosh
NO AM NOT. ARE YOU?
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by iykololo(m): 8:35am On Jul 26, 2013
dayokanu:

Why dont you people leave first and let Lagos turn to anything it likes

How can you like Lagos more than your hometown, Go and develop your villages
first remove d log in ur eye b4 telln sm1 to remove his. How developed is ur village? Name ur village and dnt lie abt it,let nairalanders judge. And dnt tell me lagos is ur village.
dayokanu:

first remove d log in ur eye b4 telln sm1 to remove his. How developed is ur village? Name ur village and dnt lie abt it,let nairalanders judge. And dnt tell me lagos is ur village.
dayokanu:

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2013
I think its high time yoruba's stop arguing with ibos on who owns lagos,we shown them times without numbers who the real owner of lagos by deporting their flat heads back to alaigbo,and the only thing they do is wail and cry.Lets leave the empty chestbeating to the ibos thats what they know how to do best ciao

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Emperor007: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2013
kkkp: Odey!! Go bk 2 east

^^^

Is still one Nigeria.

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Iykopee(m): 8:57am On Jul 26, 2013
software man:
HOW LONG HAS LADIPO MARKET BEING IN EXISTENCE AND HOW COME THIS IS MNOW AN ISSUE ?. HOW COME MARKETS LIKE ALABA AND OTHER IGBO MARKETS IN LAGOS ARE RELATIVELY PEACEFUL? COULD THESE BE THAT A SECTION OF THE TRADERS IS MADE UP OF HATEFUL MASSOB ELEMENTS WHO ARE HELL BENT ON DESTROYING THE PEACE OF LAGOS ? SEE THERE IS NO WAY TO LOOK AT IT: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE LOSER IN THE USE OF FORCE. THE TRADERS THEMSELVES.
IF THEY INCITE THE SUBDUED AND WELL MANAGED HOSTILITY AND DISTRUST BETWEEN YORUBAS AND IBO S TO BOIL OVER, BELIEVE ME IT WILL BE DISASTEROUS.

Believe me those folks aint hateful in ur make-believe post, but a group of guys who cudnt allow some loutish elements of the society to rip them over and over through illegal tax collection.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ichidodo: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You make noise.
Pot calling the kettle black yoruba noise maker.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by EzePromoe: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2013
FUNNY THREAD!
But Lagos, like Abuja is no man's land, which belongs to all Nigerians. Stop killing your brains with delusions. Let's face the truth.
Lagos is not a Yoruba state, though they were the first settlers, but do you know that Lagos which was known as Eko was in the Benin empire. But when the Europeans arrived, just because the Benins were aggressive towards them, and their influence couldn't spread in the Benin empire, they had to cunningly cede the Lagos colony to their Yoruba loyalists, and defeating the Benin empire and chasing them eastwards.
THIS IS COMMON HISTORY EVERY NIGERIAN SHOULD KNOW! Lagos is not a Yoruba state, because it has other ethnic groups in it, just as you can't call Rivers state an Igbo state, because it also home to other ethnic groups.
YORUBA STATES ARE EKITI, OYO, OGUN, OSUN AND ONDO!
Let's all stop deceiving ourselves and face the truth!

4 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by softwareman(m): 9:13am On Jul 26, 2013
eio2013:
Olodo! We r ants yes but very productive unlike you very lazy, unproductive, dirty saboteurs. It is now someone's land after we have developed ur slums for u. GOAT LIKE U...
WHICH OF OUR SLUMS HAVE YOU DEVELOPED? NONE ABSOLUTELY NONE. IN ANY CASE, WE DON'T WANT YOU TO DEVELOP OUR SLUM ANY MORE. IS IT BY FORCE.? DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE SLUMS TO DEVELOP IN THE EAST?
THE REASON WHY NONE OF YOUR HOST WILL NEVER MISS YOUR ABSENCE IS BECAUSE ALL YOU DO IS FOREVER MOTIVATED BY SELFISHNESS AND SELF CENTEREDNESS. SEE YOU PEOPLE HAVE STARTED TO PUSH US TO THE WALL AND I HOPE THIS DOES 'NT , MESSIER.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by softwareman(m): 9:17am On Jul 26, 2013
Eze Promoe: FUNNY THREAD!
But Lagos, like Abuja is no man's land, which belongs to all Nigerians. Stop killing your brains with delusions. Let's face the truth.
Lagos is not a Yoruba state, though they were the first settlers, but do you know that Lagos which was known as Eko was in the Benin empire. But when the Europeans arrived, just because the Benins were aggressive towards them, and their influence couldn't spread in the Benin empire, they had to cunningly cede the Lagos colony to their Yoruba loyalists, and defeating the Benin empire and chasing them eastwards.
THIS IS COMMON HISTORY EVERY NIGERIAN SHOULD KNOW! Lagos is not a Yoruba state, because it has other ethnic groups in it, just as you can't call Rivers state an Igbo state, because it also home to other ethnic groups.
HONESTLY THE 9EOPLE DELUDING THEMSELVES HERE ARE THE ONES WHO THINK LAGOS IS A NO MAN'S LAND. THE GOOD THING IS THAT IT IS TIME TO SETTLE THIS QUESTION ONCE AND FOREVER.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ichidodo: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2013
Yoruba people pls what is full meaning of EKO? There is no such thing as that in the yoruba lexicon.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by softwareman(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2013
Iykopee:

Believe me those folks aint hateful in ur make-believe post, but a group of guys who cudnt allow some loutish elements of the society to rip them over and over through illegal tax collection.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES THIS SAME GROUP OF GUYS HAVE HAD INTERNAL UNION BLOODY CONFRONTATIONS. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES THIS SAME SET OF PEOPLE HAVE HAD ONE FRACAS OR THE OTHER WITH THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT. THIS IS NOT ABOUT LOUTISH ELEMENTS AT ALL. THIS IS ABOUT A FRINGE IBO MASSOB ELEMENTS WHOSE HEALING CIVIL WAR WOUNDS HAVE BEEN OPENED BY ACHEBE AND WHO ARE HELL BENT ON DISRUPTING THE PEACE AND TRANQUILITY OF LAGOS. IF RESPONSIBLE MATURED IBOS LIKE YOU DO NOT CALL THEM TO ORDER THEY WILL DESTROY A DIFFICULT RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS BEEN WELL MANAGED OVER THE YEARS.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by sylve11: 9:27am On Jul 26, 2013
Eze Promoe: FUNNY THREAD!

I am not an igbo man nor a yoruba man. I am not in support of what those lazy dudes r doing, but for u to say lagos is no man's land is senseless. U cant win the fight of lagos is no man's land. Lagos belongs to the yorubas and it will end that way. cool

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by londoner: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2013
Seriously, it is thraes like this that make me so sad.....the tribalism is way too much.

If you want to meet a true Nigerian.....they only exist outside Nigeria.

Inside Nigeria it is only Youruba, Igbo, Hausa etc.......... sad to admit, but maybe the Igbos in Lagos should really seriously head back towards the east.

It is one thing for tribalism to be among the people, but for it to be sanctioned by government (like with the resettling of beggars) it is a serious matter.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by londoner: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2013
Seriously, it is threads like this that make me so sad.....the tribalism is way too much.

Inside Nigeria it is only Youruba, Igbo, Hausa etc.......... sad to admit, but maybe the Igbos in Lagos should really seriously head back towards the east.

It is one thing for tribalism to be among the people, but for it to be sanctioned by government (like with the resettling of beggars) it is a serious matter.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ichidodo: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2013
Eko was an uninhabited area when the bini warriors/explorers first came into the land, it was with them came the rest of civilisation including the yorubas,even the name of the Palace of the oba of Lagos is a bini name. So who owns the land? The first explorers or the later influx of yoruba immigrants into the land?
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by sylve11: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2013
ichidodo: Yoruba people pls what is full meaning of EKO? There is no such thing as that in the yoruba lexicon.

wether leko or eko, it doesnt matter now. u r talking history while they rightfully claiming the land. cool
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by sylve11: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2013
londoner: Seriously, it is threads like this that make me so sad.....the tribalism is way too much.

my brother i tell u. cool
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by EzePromoe: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2013
ichidodo: Yoruba people pls what is full meaning of EKO? There is no such thing as that in the yoruba lexicon.
EKO is a Benin word. Lagos belongs to the Benin people, but the Europeans came with their divide and rule tactics, and disbanded the Benin Oba and chiefs in Lagos, because Benin people, like Igbo people, are very rebellious. They had to install an Ijebu king because he licked their boot and gave them slaves free of charge.
We all know that typical Yorubas in Oyo, Ondo etc, wouldn't allow a stranger to prosper in their land before they take his picture to one Ifa priest to stab.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by HERO111: 9:42am On Jul 26, 2013
To all posters on this topic who take sides with either igbo or yoruba, i will like to say it is very unfortunate.
* it is unfortunate that when one tribe is benefiting from an existing govt. what we will be hearing is we are one Nigeria.
*it is unfortunate that when we are taking advantage of each other in one way or the other , they start declaring that we are one nation.
*it is really unfortunate that just a market is dividing us already in this nairaland forum.

Then let someone convince me that we are indeed one nation and will ever live as one nation years to come?
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by EzePromoe: 9:44am On Jul 26, 2013
sylve11:

I am not an igbo man nor a yoruba man. I am not in support of what those lazy dudes r doing, but for u to say lagos is no man's land is senseless. U cant win the fight of lagos is no man's land. Lagos belongs to the yorubas and it will end that way. cool
I didn't say Lagos don't belong to Yorubas. It belongs to them, as well as other Nigerians. But to say Lagos is a Yoruba state is a NO NO situation.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by geeez: 9:45am On Jul 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
EKO is a Benin word. Lagos belongs to the Benin people, but the Europeans came with their divide and rule tactics, and disbanded the Benin Oba and chiefs in Lagos, because Benin people, like Igbo people, are very rebellious. They had to install an Ijebu king because he licked their boot and gave them slaves free of charge.
We all know that typical Yorubas in Oyo, Ondo etc, wouldn't allow a stranger to prosper in their land before they take his picture to one Ifa priest to stab.

Just like the Obi of Onitsha was a Hausa man imposed by the Brits. That's why they are you lords and masters who can give and take your lives at will, while the Yorubas are those that educate you, feed you and clothe you starting from Awo to BRF. That's why the Hausas can do whatever they like and none of your lily livered leaders can fight. It's only Yorubas that have shown they are fearless in the face of death, guns, threats ever since independence. Even the bravest of your people fled to Ivory Coast dressed like a pregnant woman. Show me one Igbo man that has fought against an armed oppressive government or led a protest. Just one ,
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by 4chi: 9:46am On Jul 26, 2013
BinghiNya: Igbos love chest beating and boastfulness fyi the greatest igboman(the ikebe of nnewi) ran away dressed like a woman to la cote d'ivoire. Real warriors commit suicide instead. Yoruba nation fought and conquered cities outside nigeria what is the igbo achievement when it comes to war.

Ibos have NEVER won and can NEVER win any war. They lost the ONLY war they ever fought and right now they are a CONQUERED race. The ibo specie is an extremely useless one

whose brain can never be conjectured to achieve the highly tactical business of war. He has nothing but criminal tendencies embedded in his genes.dats all.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by londoner: 9:51am On Jul 26, 2013
sylve11:

my brother i tell u. cool

I;m a sister btw.....it is so disappointing to see and its here every single day.

Honestly people just dont want unity and they have no clue on what it means to belong to a country, rather than a tribe.

If after the war Igbos decided to go back and invest in their land and if they had visionary leaders, maybe they would not need to go outside Igboland.
Painfully, the idea of one Nigeria is not working......and maybe never will.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by 4chi: 9:52am On Jul 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I didn't say Lagos don't belong to Yorubas. It belongs to them, as well as other Nigerians. But to say Lagos is a Yoruba state is a NO NO situation.

Oloshi, so Lagos is what state. You must be stark raving ma.d. For your information proceedings in the Lagos house is conducted twice weekly in Yoruba. EVERY part of Lagos has it's own indigenous people headed by either a baale or an Oba. Keep running your ignorant mouth it was the same loquaciousness that made the Hausa slaughter your people like goats before the war

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ichidodo: 9:53am On Jul 26, 2013
@eze promoe, its all beginning to make sense.So the bini warriors came into land and used it as a base to procure yoruba slaves from the hinterland, when the Benin Empire declined these warriors (first settlers) left for home some with their yoruba slaves but others set theirs free.These freed slaves quickly formed a society as the british explorers knew it when they first came into contact with these people in eko.Therefore lagos wasn't exclusively founded by the yorubas but the Binis, if the binis won't claim it because of its distance from their traditional homebase then its more or less a no man's land.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ichidodo: 9:54am On Jul 26, 2013
@eze promoe, its all beginning to make sense.So the bini warriors came into d land and used it as a base to procure yoruba slaves from the hinterland, when the Benin Empire declined these warriors (first settlers) left for home some with their yoruba slaves but others set theirs free.These freed slaves quickly formed a society as the british explorers knew it when they first came into contact with these people in eko.Therefore lagos wasn't exclusively founded by the yorubas but the Binis, if the binis won't claim it because of its distance from their traditional homebase then its more or less a no man's land.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by EzePromoe: 9:55am On Jul 26, 2013
HERO111: To all posters on this topic who take sides with either igbo or yoruba, i will like to say it is very unfortunate.
* it is unfortunate that when one tribe is benefiting from an existing govt. what we will be hearing is we are one Nigeria.
*it is unfortunate that when we are taking advantage of each other in one way or the other , they start declaring that we are one nation.
*it is really unfortunate that just a market is dividing us already in this nairaland forum.

Then let someone convince me that we are indeed one nation and will ever live as one nation years to come?

When they were blindly submitting to the wish of their Northern masters by forcing us into one Nigeria, didn't they know that they would later be the ones crying in the future?
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by softwareman(m): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
INCIDENTALLY THE ONLY NON YORUBAS CONTESTING THE OWNERSHIP OF LAGOS WITH YORUBAS ARE THE IGBOS. GO FIGURE WHY.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ichidodo: 10:03am On Jul 26, 2013
4chi:

Ibos have NEVER won and can NEVER win any war. They lost the ONLY war they ever fought and right now they are a CONQUERED race. The ibo specie is an extremely useless one

whose brain can never be conjectured to achieve the highly tactical business of war. He has nothing but criminal tendencies embedded in his genes.dats all.
It took the help of the World super powers to subjugate the igbos in the Civil war.The Conquered race is back better and stronger, if you think lightening can strike twice on the same spot try to push the igbo race to wall, there will be no Awolowa, no black mosquito,no obasanjo to save you. Its even easier now than before because we ain't coming from Ore we already in the city, heck we have conquered and own half the land in Eko.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Police Invade INEC Collation Centre In Imo / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet / Yusuf Buhari Returns To Nigeria After Treatment Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.