Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market (29012 Views)

Riot At Ikeja-Along Area Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ichidodo: 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
geeez:

At least you're not making any of it
Like hell we ain't.Let me let you into a testimony Am a second generation igbo 'migrant' lagosian my family like so many other igbo families came with nothin all thanks to awo the f**king pig now zoooom into my time; A duplex in Dolphin estate,a multi-storey apartment occupied by yeriba tenants in Isheri-Oshun with our businesses in other viable parts of lagos i'd say we have come a long way.Lagos is sweet because Fashola, i enjoy the scenery,the nightlife and ocean breeze better because of him. And if some yeriba busybody doesn't like my fundamental right to live and do business in anypart of my country,especially Lagos that person can jump into the sewage pit behind his backyard.

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Samxiulee: 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

If you move into an area that has a neighbourhood watch they get funded from the Homeowners Association levies

And you cannot tell them you dont want to join the association as long as you are in that neighbourhood

The owners of the Land said thats how they want it. They appointed Babaloja to monitor activities of the market

ANyone who doesnt like it can shift his shop to onisha
yes I can tell them am not joining or paying any levies of any kind,neighbourhood watch in the us and Nigeria are voluntary,am already paying taxes to fund the police..there is no need for babaloja since we have LIRS.
@geeez I don't think yorubas control the wholesale markets,go into the market and see the way igbo men,not their women ooo they have taken over wholesale trade our women used to be a major player in.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
grin grin Ndigbo kwennnu!

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
osinachukwu: grin grin Ndigbo kwennnu!

HEY!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Stegeson(m): 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2013
geeez:

[b]We are not envious because we are successful

If you look at the GDP of Lagos, trading doesn't make up to 10% of it

What we see are malls and shops where authentic merchandise are sold and not fake and adulterated items these guys flood our markets with

Seven different sectors dominate economic activities in Lagos State, led by manufacturing which, interestingly, contributes 29.60 percent of the state’s GDP figures. Road transport follows closely contributing an average of 26.47 percent of economic activities in the state.

Other sectors in order of dominance include building and construction (19.60 percent); wholesale and retail (8.39 percent); telecommunications (3.71 percent); financial institutions (3.51 percent); and real estate (2.01 percent).

The seven sectors account for 93.39 percent of economic activities in the state.

Apart from wholesale and retail which I believe Yorubas control up to 50% of, none of the other sectors listed is controlled by any other tribe apart from the Yorubas[/b]
J-e-su-s Christ! Are u just coming bk from somalia else u wont put down dis irony as a straight statement. Just examine ur brain. U may hav brain tumor 4 denying the existence of air when u are living by it. In all d sectors u mentioned igbos rules.

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by 9icest: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
I pray this problems persist. I think its high time we show these scums some of the treatment they got from those South Africans, and the Abokis in the Norths. Even as the Hausas Bokoharam slaughtered them like fowls, they didnt leave the north. Bunch of hopeless parasites! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by remarkD(m): 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
In the past year alone, at least a total of 11 of my relatives became full-time Lagosians (in addition to the countless ones already there). Then MTN had some re-shuffling and stuff and one of my fam members was transferred (to the S/South) and said she was glad to leave cause she wasn't into the "madness" (traffic and all) of Lagos and stuff... but the guys are rocking it... and with each fam member that goes(to Lag, that is), the path/(relocating) becomes smoother for the rest...

I'll probably be the co-ordinator for these relocations and plan them each time
Fashola secretly "deports" more destitutes

Will be aiming for a sorta empire... strategically spreading the tentacles of the ... gee, see me almost type ma papa family name here lol...

a na-aga...

osinachukwu: go and die mumu we would never leave lagos,my bro Is also coming from enugu to join me 2mrw he is learning entrprising,no Yoruba can chase us mumu so go an die atulu,ne li insi
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by aryzgreat: 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
9icest: I pray this problems persist. I think its high time we show these scums some of the treatment they got from those South Africans, and the Abokis in the Norths. Even as the Hausas Bokoharam slaughtered them like fowls, they didnt leave the north. Bunch of hopeless parasites! grin grin grin

we are waiting! the day this rain will fall, i swear with my life, you cowards will receive the shock of ur lazy lives. bring it on, awolowo's one Nigeria must continue and we have right to live in any part of Nigeriaa and do our bizness, the day u say no to dat is d day we all die! Tiger-claw face lazy cowards wanna reap wia they did not sow. Ndi ara!
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by remarkD(m): 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
Relevance of your post? 0! Zilch!

Even if trade is 0.001% of Lagos GDP.... guess what, bro? it is making profit for the traders!!!

There is still a positive elasticity of demand.... there's not an even number of buyers and sellers.... which is the reason why.....

guess what... yep, you got it....

why more and more traders... moreand more Igbos will be entering the market.... until an equilibrium is reached! and profits will be 0! Then everyone will stay put and enjoy the wealth they have accumulated... or go into a different line of biz.... maybe transport of destitutes biz...

lolzzz

Stegeson: J-e-su-s Christ! Are u just coming bk from somalia else u wont put down dis irony as a straight statement. Just examine ur brain. U may hav brain tumor 4 denying the existence of air when u are living by it. In all d sectors u mentioned igbos rules.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
[quote
author=9icest]I pray this problems persist. I think its high time we
show these scums some of the treatment they got from those South
Africans, and the Abokis in the Norths. Even as the Hausas Bokoharam
slaughtered them like fowls, they didnt leave the north. Bunch of
hopeless parasites! grin grin grin[/quote]

Typical coward. Boko haram hv killed countless num of yeriba in d north bt u guys are too afraid to admit so
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by tailor(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
igbos are really the lions of africa/ no wonder yorubad people always discredit anything that has to with the igbos started from awolowo to nairaland yorubads
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
Frustrated
yeriba cowards rush to d press nd try to push d fight to d galant Igbos
by trying to make boko haram look like Igbo vs hausa bt failed miserably.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mr 9icest, I really lov wot u guys are trying to start. How I drop on my knees each day nd pray 4 dis gbege btw Igboes nd yeribas so dat we can finally drive u guys to cotonou nd properly annex Lagos like d fulanis hv taken Ilorin nd installed emir. Pls continue pushing us I beg u!

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
A word is enof 4 d wise. There will b no peace 4 d wicked yeriba vultures disturbing us in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by write2obi(m): 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
UceeGod: am @ Ladipo right now & can confirm heavy fighting btw a task force by the new baba oloja & some ibo boys..... Tryn to take some pics
Igbo not ibo. Mpama!
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
Wen dis gbege starts, d Igbos will invade, overrun and capture Lagos while we can leave d remaining waste land of yeriba to d advancing fulani invading army to continue their march frm Ilorin.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by write2obi(m): 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
kkkp: Odey!! Go bk 2 east
Anu Mpama come and send him bk.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
SW wuld b fully occupied by invading armies advancing frm d East nd d North. Yeriba vultures will abandon their bowls of amala nd flee to cotonou nd Ghana wit ewedu dripping frm their mouths.

A WORD IS ENOF 4 D WISE.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by write2obi(m): 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
DivideUs:

^^^^ angry

ABI!! you guys are everywhere like ants and still claim to want your own country, you go to someones land, better be ready to live by their laws.
"Laws" jobless agbero don't go and look for bread or sachet water and start selling, be looking for where to collect "owo da" onye ori.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
THERE WILL BE NO PEACE FOR D MAN WHO DOES NOT WANT PEACE!
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by write2obi(m): 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by write2obi(m): 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
Kamanda:

1-1 goaless draw
Match called off, so called baba oloja ran away, nwa nee see "umu afo igbo" in action
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
ALTRUTH: SW wuld b fully occupied by invading armies advancing frm d East nd d North. Yeriba vultures will abandon their bowls of amala nd flee to cotonou nd Ghana wit ewedu dripping frm their mouths.

A WORD IS ENOF 4 D WISE.
lmao! grin God am dead!!hahahahaha
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
ALTRUTH: SW wuld b fully occupied by invading armies advancing frm d East nd d North. Yeriba vultures will abandon their bowls of amala nd flee to cotonou nd Ghana wit ewedu dripping frm their mouths.

A WORD IS ENOF 4 D WISE.

Like Benjamin Adekunle sent Ochuku to Abidjan on exile

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by write2obi(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
$ugardaddy:

Oga, pay royalty to whom it is due na or go back to your east abeg. I no want trouble for Lagos o.
"Royalty" or "loyalty" tif ur problem is joblessness, try and be productive and stop look for where to forcefully take what someone's has laboured for
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
sure way: Why must you add to pples' burden...dis baba oja and lya oja tinz make no sense...just for some lazy folks to seat and eat others' friut of labour..nd you shall reap wat u sow.
let call a spade a spade.
l am a yoruba guy..

If you're yoruba make I turn cray fish.

Which yoruba go call iyaloja "iya oja"? Lol.

Guy, go mend your flat head.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by write2obi(m): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sam xiu lee: if LASG want to clean up and rebuild the market,they should get lawma,if they want taxes the LIRS agents are there not an unproductive lazy, Baba loja who does not av a shop in the market,the traders should go to court and challenge all this modern slavery tactics,I support the igbo traders wholeheartedly.
The problem here is that its a street market, so they can't really stack a clam in a law court
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by iconaus: 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
2nedo: Y are u dis dumb?U make money in another man's land and u still expect the revenue to go into ur ppls pocket.Teru ba pe nile,alajobi lonbu.You are only entitled to ur claim in ur igbo states which u leave undeveloped.

you re just jealous . what do u mean another mans land .Is not one nigeria u people fought for?
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by write2obi(m): 10:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
Fabulous Autos: It appears this news is being blown out of proportion. I was there around 12 noon. Though some shops were closed. Policemen were seen in some parts of the market. I was able to buy the parts I needed and I left few munites before 1pm.
U missed the action
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by ALTRUTH(m): 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Yeah. Dis time it wuld b jagajaga borgu (BAT) & Fashola struggling 4 molue to escape to cotonou.

Enof said

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Boring and stale. This thread is full of comedy grin. Bring a fresh joke abeg.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Obaseki And Timaya At APC Celebration Party / I Was Very Sentimental When I Supported Buhari Against Jonathan – Dele Momodu / Banditry: Kebbi Govt Remodels SUVs Into Armoured Personnel Carriers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.