Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market (29013 Views)

Riot At Ikeja-Along Area Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Riot At Ikorodu Garage After Policemen Killed An Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
They would still prostrate with their flat heads

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1003948_igbo_jpg28bd804326727bdeda36840c1a4b7765[/img]

After their leaders come to beg

8 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by bros1234(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
If you close Ladipo, It wont take the Igbos 3 months to bounceback from whatever loss. But it will take those olojas years to recover from the left overs they would miss for closing it. Mark my words.

16 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by FabulousAutos(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
It appears this news is being blown out of proportion. I was there around 12 noon. Though some shops were closed. Policemen were seen in some parts of the market. I was able to buy the parts I needed and I left few munites before 1pm.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Samxiulee: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu: If they cant do what the baba oloja wants they can move their market back to Onitsha.

Fight no dey inside
how on earth did babaloja came to be in a location that does not av a market before,which of the Obas,baales gave them the title,that market was started by igbos in the mid 80s,no yorubas then,no babaloja then why now that they Re successful,we should encourage our people to also go into commerce like they do not encouraging jobless men and women to lord over others.

7 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Btruth: 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
Whatever be the problem, please let it be resolved. We are each other brother's keeper. We should not allow the devil to take control over a little thing from us.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by 2nedo(m): 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
pro01: Unproductive and parasitic Yoruba "Baba Oloja" in an Igbo-controlled market? Does it make any sense? Enterprising people are busy doing their business, and suddenly some smelly fool shows up to collect money for doing nothing. Useless things.
Y are u dis dumb?U make money in another man's land and u still expect the revenue to go into ur ppls pocket.Teru ba pe nile,alajobi lonbu.You are only entitled to ur claim in ur igbo states which u leave undeveloped.

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sam xiu lee: how on earth did babaloja came to be in a location that does not av a market before,which of the Obas,baales gave them the title,that market was started by igbos in the mid 80s,no yorubas then,no babaloja then why now that they Re successful,we should encourage our people to also go into commerce like they do not encouraging jobless men and women to lord over others.

They started a market in Yorubaland so a Yoruba man has the oversight function

Can people go to Anambra/America/London start a market and tell the rulers of Anambra/America/London that it doesnt concern them what they do in the market?

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
bros1234: If you close Ladipo, It wont take the Igbos 3 months to bounceback from whatever loss. But it will take those olojas years to recover from the left overs they would miss for closing it. Mark my words.

You know what?...all these back and forth argument is meaningless..if they are not down with the Baba loja and Iya Loja thing, they can register their protest by moving out eastwards.

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
Show of hate, tribalism, evy and act of joblessness. Did I forget anything?

9 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Valto(m): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
2nedo: Y are u dis dumb?U make money in another man's land and u still expect the revenue to go into ur ppls pocket.Teru ba pe nile,alajobi lonbu.You are only entitle to ur claim in ur igbo state which u leave undeveloped.
u sound like a descendant of agbero! ladipo traders pays all neccesary tax to local and state govt.. baba oloja and an agbero supporter like u have no right to collect any fee from them. go get a job!

8 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Garrithe1st: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu: They would still prostrate with their flat heads

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1003948_igbo_jpg28bd804326727bdeda36840c1a4b7765[/img]

After their leaders come to beg

Classic.

These folks seem to suffer from amnesia.

cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Samxiulee: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Can people go to Anambra/America/London start a market and tell the rulers of Anambra/America/London that it doesnt concern them what they do in the market?

kindly spell out the oversite function babaloja do,if its collection of taxes and levies,there are people that are employed to do thay job,LIRS is there,let's stop this babloja iyaloja,park chairman nonsense or confine it in market dominated by our people.
Nigeria is a republic and they are free to carry out there businesses anywhere in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by DuduNegro: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

They have a surprise coming for them after Fashola leave office. The SAN title is what restrained Fashola from digging his feet down. We will make sure his successor is not a SAN. We want our customary laws to prevail.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sam xiu lee: kindly spell out the oversite function babaloja do,if its collection of taxes and levies,there are people that are employed to do thay job,LIRS is there,let's stop this babloja iyaloja,park chairman nonsense or confine it in market dominated by our people.
Nigeria is a republic and they are free to carry out there businesses anywhere in the country.

The Babaloja ensure genuine trading is going on in the market and its not a hideout for criminals.

He ensures the sanitation of the place given the history of dirtiness associated with Ladipo traders.

He also ensures members of the public are not swindled like those people normally do and not give Ladipo a bad name for bad business practices

AMong other things

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
I welcome dis development. Pls do more Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by bros1234(m): 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: I welcome dis development. Pls do more Fashola.

What is he doing? So sponsoring a riot is part of it? I wonder who gave you the pc to type
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by bamako5943: 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
I blame the state Gov for unable to manage / improve the standard of a common market. Make the tax / management of the market clear.
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by bros1234(m): 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

They have a surprise coming for them after Fashola leave office. The SAN title is what restrained Fashola from digging his feet down. We will make sure his successor is not a SAN. We want our customary laws to prevail.

Its obvious you havent travelled out of your village before. Kudos. I hope your parents are proud of you

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Samxiulee: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

which customary law in yoruba land are you referring too?never in the history of yoruba people did I hear that babaloja and iyaloja are tax collectors.

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Lanceslot(m): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
To you guys telling Igbo people to leave lagos, have you ever thought of what lagos will look like if Igbo people leave?.... Think about it

8 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by mildteddy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
Btruth: Whatever be the problem, please let it be resolved. We are each other brother's keeper. We should not allow the devil to take control over a little thing from us.

Shalom!
Shalom. *Talking in my mind* This is only person that has said something sensible in this post.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

dayokanu:

Talking to urself is the first sign of madness. Now we have established u are one individual sign on with ur other moniker and spew more racist comment. Wen will kingoflag show abi na lagcity. lmao

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Samxiulee: 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

The Babaloja ensure genuine trading is going on in the market and its not a hideout for criminals.

He ensures the sanitation of the place given the history of dirtiness associated with Ladipo traders.

He also ensures members of the public are not swindled like those people normally do and not give Ladipo a bad name for bad business practices

AMong other things
we already have the Nigeria police force,standard organisation of Nigeria,local government health officials,kai,lawma,LIRS,and efcc to carry out all the functions you just mentioned.
What is not good is not good,
We are going to end up paying the extra that is ending up in babalojas pocket if we look the other way,don't worry wait until something happens to your car,those guys will scrape your head immediately they know u r YORUBA man cos of babaloja.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by chino11(m): 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
Igbos are like Americans when compared to ndi ofemmmmanu.. grin grin

Check out how an average Igboman looks like and check out fashole with all the money he has been stealing look like one aboki that is wearing suite.. grin

Igbos can finee.. cheesy

If na true I talk: CLICK LIKE

37 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by curtain: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
It takes courage, hardwork and liver to go to another mans land and excel more than him, this is what a coward would never imagine.

15 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sam xiu lee: we already have the Nigeria police force,standard organisation of Nigeria,local government health officials,kai,lawma,LIRS,and efcc to carry out all the functions you just mentioned.
What is not good is not good,
We are going to end up paying the extra that is ending up in babalojas pocket if we look the other way,don't worry wait until something happens to your car,those guys will scrape your head immediately they know u r YORUBA man cos of babaloja.

We have police, Has that stopped people from hiring security guards, OPC and Bakassi boys to secure their properties and business?

We have Environment agencies has that stopped people from organising Abokis to clean their environment?

We have water corporation has that stopped people from digging wells, boreholes and me ruwa?
Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
chino11: Igbos are like Americans when compare to ndi ofemmmmanu.. grin grin

Check out how an average Igboman look like and check out fashole with all the money look like..

If na true I talk: CLICK LIKE

You mean Ibos are like dwarfs cos the men next to fashola are like Aki and Pawpaw in height

7 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lanceslot: To you guys telling Igbo people to leave lagos, have you ever thought of what lagos will look like if Igbo people leave?.... Think about it

Why dont you people leave first and let Lagos turn to anything it likes

How can you like Lagos more than your hometown, Go and develop your villages

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by chino11(m): 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

You mean Ibos are like dwarfs cos the men next to fashola are like Aki and Pawpaw in height

Check out 99.9999% of the people on that picture they appear more like Ogas to the crook fashole.. grin

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by gbadexy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Today's tribalism is heavy starting from the deportation thread.
I guess there is real hatred by some posters here.
This issue is already out of hand and I reckon it got worse with the use of social media.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Riot At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Chei...How did i miss this sumptous thread ?. grin

Ok make talk my own.....

All the comnent here were predictable when i saw the title.

Of course the progenies of agbo drinking addicts...will shout 'Go back to the East as usual grin. Nahhhhh that will not happen until they become brave enough to replace the Green-white-Green with Odua flag grin, Lagos remains part of Nigeria and the Igbo has a full stake in it.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ken Nnamani's Wife, Jane Dies After Surgery / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan / Tunji Omirin Arrested As Soldiers Invade NUJ Press Centre In Borno

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.