Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan (40920 Views)

Breaking: Efcc Questions suswan / Special Asistant To Gov. Suswan Dies In Government House / Atiku Says We Need Govt That Values Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by OneNaira6: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2013
Arysexy:

We are not talking of fish nd crayfish sellers in idumota, those that control container loads of fabrics there are who?

That is just mean. you fried that nigg@. Damn. Now that is just f2king mean.
Make i go sleep sef b4 una kill me with laughter

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by JudiciumDei: 9:12am On Aug 01, 2013
Nigeria shall know no peace until the Igbos are given their rightful position.

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by hotwax: 9:12am On Aug 01, 2013
basilo101:
did i jst hear u say dat Niger delta dont make noise? Ppl who took arms against FG? And r currently enjoying amnesty moni, oversea training etc?

Pity them please, their lands are being subjected to environmental degradation. Those people are leaving on water. The govrnemnt closed his eyes on them, then resolved into violence. They did not claim they are important than the remaining Nigerians. They just want good life.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Arysexy(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2013
Black vampire: Am from delta..but to be honest u igbos are too arrogant and boastful..n will always be claimin right in another mans land..no wonder u are being persecuted wen ever their is crisis....infact all world even knows ur cunning ways..

Its very cowardly to deny ur yorubaness!

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by hotwax: 9:13am On Aug 01, 2013
Judicium - Dei:
Nigeria shall know no peace until the Igbos are given their rightful position.

And their rightful position is in the atlantic ocean. Moses (Ojukwu) is coming to lead them into the ocean with his rod.
Jews of africa.

5 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by tintingz(m): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2013
hotwax:

Idumota is a core Eko. Look for somewhere else. You people are many in Oshodi not in Idumota.
bro am not ndigbo... Omo yoruba ni mi smiley

What I meant is that if ibos leave idumota there will be no fraudulent
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Jobos(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:
Eddy Martins Egwuenu

Source: Banking

A former bank chief, Egwuenu is the second largest individual shareholder of the Zenith Bank Group. His 1.5% stake in Zenith Bank alone is worth about $60 million.
Please increase your knowledge by do a search on only "OBA OTUDEKO in all sector. Your Egwuenu is a baby investor to even OTEDOLA.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by OneNaira6: 9:16am On Aug 01, 2013
hotwax:

I know you still hate my post. Yorubas are accomodating, that is why you are in Lagos in the first instance. Do you like the way Ghanians are closing your shops?

When we talk about tribalism. Yorubas are the list. Yorubas can marry hausas, marry ibos, accomodate fulanis. Can Igbo marry hausa.

Religiously we are liberal. You know what I am talking about but tribalism has clouded your sense of judgement.

My father is a christian, mother muslim, I am a christian, my bros are muslim. You can never see that in Igbo. Tribalism is not in Yoruba culture. If the whole world emulate us. There wont be religion alqaida/taliban, terrorism issue.

Lmfaooooo. someone is dreaming.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by hotwax: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2013
Arysexy:

He doesnt need to be Yoruba.

Hausas hate you.
Niger deltans hate you.
Fulanis? Chai water and fire.

Mend your ways.

Everybody likes Yorubas except Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Blackvampire(m): 9:18am On Aug 01, 2013
Arysexy:

What i said is the truth..u igbos love claiming right u all think u are smart...infact wen it comes to tribalism u people are the worst..why not make a second lagos in south east..no wonder d north dont take u serious ...all noise n no action

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by hotwax: 9:18am On Aug 01, 2013
hotwax:

I know you still hate my post. Yorubas are accomodating, that is why you are in Lagos in the first instance. Do you like the way Ghanians are closing your shops?

When we talk about tribalism. Yorubas are the list. Yorubas can marry hausas, marry ibos, accomodate fulanis. Can Igbo marry hausa.

Religiously we are liberal. You know what I am talking about but tribalism has clouded your sense of judgement.

My father is a christian, mother muslim, I am a christian, my bros are muslim. You can never see that in Igbo. Tribalism is not in Yoruba culture. If the whole world emulate us. There wont be religion alqaida/taliban, terrorism issue.

Then prove me wrong. Tha yorubas are not accomodating, religiously, culturally? Prove me wrong an dlet Hausas and other ethnic group kick your a.sssss.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Biafradiplomat: 9:21am On Aug 01, 2013
druid06:

Kindly explain what is there to invest in the east. Isn't it when you have a great demand you try to supply. We all know there's little or no money to be made in the east and that's why we're scattered all over..

The Igbo brethren are not stupid to leave the gold mine in their back if there's any to go harvest cocoa in another.. Think!!
You are very wrong indeed, what do you mean by no money to make in the East? By such statement, I know your type, I bet you're the type that were born in Lagos and yet has never been to the East. That statement of yours smacks of ignorance and it irritates me, have you asked Innoson, Ibeto, Tonimas, Chicason etc that built multi million naira factories in the East how much they are making? Are you even aware that the SE controls the commerce of not only Nigeria but that of the whole sub region and indeed sub Saharan Africa? Traders travel from as far as Senegal and Congo to Nnewi to buy vehicle parts! Our brothers in the North all come to Onistha, Aba and Nnewi to buy goods for sale over there. Aside Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, which other region in Nigeria is more viable than the South East? I need a reply from you!

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2013
If only Susuwan knew there was a forum called nairaland..
I am an Igbo lady but I hate the fact that we are still divided amongst ourselves in this country..What's with the e-fight? The whites aren't going to call our progress Igbo progress but Nigeria's progress.

Let's join hands together to make Nigeria better abeg..

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 01, 2013
Freewilly: This thread should not even be news,anyone who thinks the op is bluffing should please come to Jos between DEC 19 and January 5 and drive down Amadu Bellow way and see if you can find anything to buy.

Most if not all the shops are closed because they Igbo are gone. Just imagine if all or most of they Igbos leave Jos tomorrow, that city would crumble in less than 48 hours.
It happens everywhere esp in Lagos... It makes d state looks like a ghost town and so uninteresting then.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 9:25am On Aug 01, 2013
I am a CORE Igbo man, I do not live in Lagos, I have no personal stake in it, I will never invest a dime in Lagos. I am establishing myself economically in the USA which is where I live and work - 6 fig salary. I am repatriating some of my savings to Alaigbo, investing in landed property and in agro-based investments. I also have shares in 10 of Nigeria's best banks. But company shares are liquid assets that I intend to sell off even from here; so although the bank h/qs may be based in Lagos, it is of no relevance to me. However, I have a close relative who lives in Lagos, owns his residence and has two other houses he is renting to Yorubas. He is a Manager in Nestle PLC (Multinational) Agbara. I have alerted him to what is happening, in case he is oblivious. He has ears and I hope he will do what is right. There is a NESTLE branch in Aba, he could wangle his way back there.

In this thread and others, we have established that Igbos in Lagos have the demographic and economic strength they can leverage to achieve set objectives. If they fail to utilize it, it is their cup of tea. If they fail to repatriate some of their investments in Lagos to Alaigbo, it is their problem. I have ears and I am smart to hear with it. I was born way, way after the war, but I have come to know of the abandoned property saga. It ain't gonna happen to me. I am a strong proponent of Igbos developing their land.

6 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by joychu: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2013
if u see truth talk kam nobe igbo man be dis o mak una give us chans una go see
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by basilo101: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2013
Black vampire: Am from delta..but to be honest u igbos are too arrogant and boastful..n will always be claimin right in another mans land..no wonder u are being persecuted wen ever their is crisis....infact all world even knows ur cunning ways..
wen una d fyt 4 1 nigeria una no no say una go bring back dose arrogant ppl back 2 ur land. Una neva c anytin sef. D nigerian govt conpired 2 underdevelop SE, y hvnt dey built a seaport at onitsha n an int'l airport at enugu all dis while? Dat became a blessing in disguise 4 us because we shall still get dese tins n move back home, den kum 2 ur lands n collect rent

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Jobos(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2013
One_Naira:

No tribalism and religeon issue in yoruba dictionary. Tinubu is muslim his wife is xtain, fashola is muslim his wife is xtain, my sister married northern and lived in north for more than 40 yrs.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by tintingz(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2013
Julieccentric: If only Susuwan knew there was a forum called nairaland..
I am an Igbo lady but I hate the fact that we are still divided amongst ourselves in this country..What's with the e-fight? The whites aren't going to call our progress Igbo progress but Nigeria's progress.

Let's join hands together to make Nigeria better abeg..
I don't like it either but your ibo brothers should stop crying like babies on NL
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2013
hotwax:

And their rightful position is in the atlantic ocean. Moses (Ojukwu) is coming to lead them into the ocean with his rod.
Jews of africa.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by ihesiuloa(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2013
nedu666: STUPID ONCE AGAIN STUPID WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THIS SATISTICS. IF IBOS OWN THIS MUCH THEN WHAT DO THE REST OF NIGERIA OWN. THINK NDI IBO THINK IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IBOS OWN THIS MUCH IN BENUE OF ALL PLACES. HOW MUCH IS THE TOTAL CUSTOMER DEPOSIT IN BANKS, HABA MY PEOPLE ARE TOO BOASTFUL. HAVING BEEN TO MOST PARTS OF NIGERIA I CAN CONFIDENTLY DISPUTE THESE FIGURES. THERE IS NO WAY THE IGBOS IN ALL NOTHERN STATE ARE UP TO ONE MILLION UNLESS THEY RESIDE IN THE BUSH. ALSO THERE IS NO WAY ALL THERE ASSETS TRADING, BUILDING, MANUFT IS UP TO ONE BILLION DOLLARS. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY.
Nedu666 you are begining to sound like an anti-christ just as your intro name suggest.. if you say the facts are not true, i then challenge you to come up with your own verifying facts that backs up your counters on the subject matter! suswan being the Govr. should have a more verifying facts than you, more so it has always been known that 'igbos' are synanymous with Trade & commerce which has always been the bedrock of any triving economy! if you say its LIES then tell me which other state or ethnicity that do better in this sector?.. i'm all eyes to read.

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Ferdinandu(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2013
malele:

But come to think of it wetin give igbo mind to dey invest heavily outside there state.
That is the mind of Men who has the plan to conquer the world.That is mind of men who build a super power state like America.That is the mind of Men who are building emerging super economies of the world.They will never accept that the Ibos are the People that have what it takes to accerate this our nation to become the envy of the World

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Jobos(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:
I am a CORE Igbo man, I do not live in Lagos, I have no personal stake in it, I will never invest a dime in Lagos. I am establishing myself economically in the USA which is where I live and work - 6 fig salary. I am repatriating some of my savings to Alaigbo, investing in landed property and in agro-based investments. I also have shares in 10 of Nigeria's best banks. But company shares are liquid assets that I intend to sell off even from here; so although the bank h/qs may be based in Lagos, it is of no relevance to me. However, I have a close relative who lives in Lagos, owns his residence and has two other houses he is renting to Yorubas. He is a Manger in Nestle PLC (Multinational) Agbara. I have alerted him to what is happening, in case he is oblivious. He has ears and I hope he will do what is right. There is a NESTLE branch in Aba, he could wangle his way back there.

In this thread and others, we have established that Igbos in Lagos have the demographic and economic strength they can leverage to achieve set objectives. If they fail to utilize it, it is their cup of tea. If they fail to repatriate some of their investments in Lagos to Alaigbo, it is their problem. I have ears and I am smart to hear with it. I was born way, way after the war, but I have come to know of the abandoned property saga. It ain't gonna happen to me. I am a strong proponent of Igbos developing their land.
Good decision , tell your brothers to go and develop ur state.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by chiogoezubem(f): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2013
pro01: No state would even dare ignore the Igbo. The oil-eaters in Lagos that like to scream themselves hoarse 'go back to your village' are merely exhibiting symptoms of hate - motivated by fear and envy. . .with the sinister hope of inheriting the properties and investments that prosperous Igbo people would be forced to forfeit or give away cheaply if they do return to the south East (as was the case during the Civil War).

Lazy fools often harbour such hopes of reaping where they did not sow. Since they lack the initiative and acumen to create their own wealth, they want to claim the numerous Igbo-owned plazas, hotels, malls, mansions, service apartments, factories, etc in choice locations across Lagos - on the strength of their gutless 'Alaiye' and 'onile' credentials. That is the only thing that makes them scream 'go back to your village'. However, they know that it would be almost impossible to sustain their economy in the absence of this much hated (i.e. feared and envied) people.

My thoughts exactly! But will acquiring and inheriting the numerous businesses and properties owned by the igbos sustain their economy? No! They would have to also try and steal the acumen and tenasity required to sustain what they acquired, or watch them crumble.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by OneNaira6: 9:40am On Aug 01, 2013
hotwax:

Then prove me wrong. Tha yorubas are not accomodating, religiously, culturally? Prove me wrong an dlet Hausas and other ethnic group kick your a.sssss.

A fulani called yoruba the problem of Nigeria last time i checked.
An hausa man on the youtube video about Nigerian tribes perception called yoruba the most tribalistic ethic group in Nigeria last time i checked
An igala called yoruba an ungrateful people last time i checked
The real life Ijaws, not the wannabe ijaw una do on NL, insults you daily on the media and threw stones at your leaders in PH while calling una hypocrites last i checked.
In Asaba, una are seen as tribalistic 419ers last time i checked
The entire SS, excluding maybe iteskiri, feel the same way.
SE, we all know wants nothing to do with una and call una tribalistic last time I checked
Yoruba's are killed constantly both in north and in your own region by the hausa/fulani wbile una cowardly pretend it does not happen

On NL alone, your people are the first to start tribalism and the first to whin when others dish out what you served.

how come una are the ones telling us you are an accomdating community rather than us telling you that?

5 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Jobos(m): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2013
Ferdinandu: That is the mind of Men who has the plan to conquer the world.That is mind of men who build a super power state like America.That is the mind of Men who are building emerging super economies of the world.They will never accept that the Ibos are the People that have what it takes to accerate this our nation to become the envy of the World

I don't get it, so you love to develop other people land than yours. Anyway your land is not enough to even sell to anybody.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Arysexy(m): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2013
One_Naira:

An hausa man on the youtube video about Nigerian tribes perception called yoruba the most tribalistic ethic group in Nigeria last time i checked
The real life Ijaws, not the wannabe ijaw una do on NL, insults you daily on the media and threw stones at your leaders in PH while calling una hypocrites last i checked.
SE, we all know wants nothing to do with una and call una tribalistic last time I checked
Yoruba's are killed constantly both in north and in your own region by the hausa/fulani wbile una cowardly pretend it does not happen

On NL alone, your people are the first to start tribalism and the first to whin when others dish out what you served.

how come una are the ones telling us you are an accomdating community rather than us telling you that?

GBAM X 1 million times! Just google, " Yorubas are....." This is what u will get below cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by donpope1(m): 9:48am On Aug 01, 2013
Proudly Onye Igbo.. Haters Hang!

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by oggy005(f): 9:48am On Aug 01, 2013
PHIPEX: Truth is like smoke, try as much as you can to hide it somewhere someday it'll find a way of escape. We may seem to sound arrogant but the truth is that it takes a special grace for a group of people who went through what we went through in this nation and bounced back to remain "humble". The shout of Biafra here and there on Nairaland is simply because of how other major ethnic groups have monopolised the presidency for the past 50years. Incidentally, Nigeria has remained in wilderness for the past 50yrs. Give everyone the sense of belonging and see the truth in "unity in diversity".

On the other hand, keep hanging onto the presidency like a birthright and our slogan shall remain "to your tenth oh Isreal". The focus will remain individual wealth and Nigeria's collective interest will keep sufferring. A simple sample of Igbo ministers and political appointees vis-a-vis their performances since the return of democracy should be an indicator of what we could experience if an Igbo finds his way to Aso Rock.
u know I noticed some keywords like "individual wealth", "collective interest" "unity in diversity"....these are words our politicians will never reckon with or rather deny that it exist. I read it and I felt this is an eye-opener for every Nigerian. u wrote well
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by OneNaira6: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2013
Jobos:

No tribalism and religeon issue in yoruba dictionary. Tinubu is muslim his wife is xtain, fashola is muslim his wife is xtain, my sister married northern and lived in north for more than 40 yrs.

I guess the yoruba that display tribalism on other region and ethnic groups on this website are Ghanaians abi?
I guess the igbo women that married atiku and IBB now proves there are no igbo tribalist in the world. or the fact that IBB igbo wife is a mixture of an igbo man and an hausa woman Or the many igbo married to hausa people both in onitsha and up north, now proves tribalism does not exist in some igbo people. People of different religion marriage happens every f2king where
See you people line of argument. displaying tribalism while pretending tribalism does not exist in "our" culture. na wa ooo I'm constantly seeing it all on this website

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2013
One_Naira:

Typical Igbo Lies as usual. pls tell me, if hausas hate yorubas, what will u say they will feel of ibos then?
if igala our brothers hate us, i wonder how they will feel with ibos fighting them over oil betwn Anambra & Kogi?
if ijaws like una, why did E Clark resist you?

........you are d ones killed in North, relocated in S/W, and unwanted in SS Delta and Edo.
nwanne, pls how many groups do u see treating yorubas wickedly like that?....biko dont lie oooo undecided

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2013
hotwax:

Is that how you accomodate?
https://www.nairaland.com/811540/again-yorubas-kidnap-igbo-sw
https://www.nairaland.com/724430/ondo-owo-youths-kidnap-release
http://africanexaminer.com/nysc0321

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

IBB's Government Seized Buhari's Certificates - APC / "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. / Photos Of President Buhari With Service Chiefs Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.