Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? (33694 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Why Do Africans Hate Gay People So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by elampiro(m): 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
peppy luv: undecided sori I can't learn 4rm 1 who can't speak or write well wink

And you want to think you can write or speak better than I?

You presumption is so wrong. The problem with nairaland posters is that they want to assume they know much about the other person. First, you are not even more Catholic than I. So, if it has to do with defending the Catholic church, I am up there. But some things have been prophesied to happen and nothing will stop them. I just rest my case here.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Solozzo(m): 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
By saying gays should not be discriminated against, does Pope Francis mean that he would ordain a gay to be a priest? Would he officiate gay marriage?

What greater role can women play in the catholic church;? Pope Francis talks with tongue in cheek like any bloody politician. Who is fooling who?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
Baybe: Like seriously? So you are free of sin....So God created some people who are already damned even without giving them the opportunity to find Him and serve Him? Some people are appointed to repent and go to heaven while others are not appointed and must go to hell? I just dey laugh. Virgin bride of Christ indeed.
yeap some were appointed to damnation before the foundation of the world,He has mercy on whom He will and hardens whom He will,Jacob have I loved,Esau have I hated,He is the Potter and He does whatever He likes with His vessels, christians dont teach this,they say He loves everybody,if He loves everybody why would there be a judgement day or why does He create good and evil people/angels, miss lady you are not ready for this,im off today and im ready for you pseudo-christian folks
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by lirusehn(m): 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
Am picking some dimwit off most of u guys' butt. 2 me as a personĀ” I aint against lesbianism and gayness. Let it b legalised. Ma adviz is once u knw its wrong dnt go for it. If we all kicking against it how den will d words of the Bible/Quoran come 2 pass. I pray i dont fall victim
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Solozzo(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
Baybe: Why do people like reading stupid meanings into something very simple? The Pope is not in any way saying that homosexuality is right or something. He only said that he can't judge them, that is what the Bible says anyway. He said he is willing to accept them if they repent and seek the goodwill of God. Nobody is free of sin. Only he that is free of sin should jugde people and IMO that person is God and not all these Nairaland hypocrites that'll sleep with all the love peddlers around and still be the first to condemn gays like homosexuality is now a bigger sin than fornication. Sleeping with your boyfriend/girlfriend not your husband/wife is a sin as homosexuality is a sin. No sin is bigger than the other. Remember Mary Magdalene? She was a prostitute! She is chilling in heaven now. Remember the adulterous woman? Remember what Jesus said? 'Let he that is without sin cast the first stone'. Remember what Jesus said to the Pharisees when they said He was dining with sinners? Jesus came for the sinners. Condemn the sin not the sinner! that is what the Pope said!

He ought to have made it clear that the catholic church does bot see homosexuality as a grievous sin anymore and that gays may even become priests.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ocelot2006(m): 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: that doesnt apply to me sha because the law wasnt created for the righteous but for the lawless and we the Virgin Bride of Christ are without fault before His throne, so sinners yall better repent that is if you were appointed to repentance....and Paul is not part of the 24 Elders,it takes the Elect to know the 24 Elders not christians, i just checked your profile make i leave you alone you are more like my junior sister dont wanna go hard on you take care cool

You? Virgin bride?.........Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.hehehe grin grin grin grin Hahaha..eeh.. grin
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: yeap some were appointed to damnation before the foundation of the world,He has mercy on whom He will and hardens whom He will,Jacob have I loved,Esau have I hated,He is the Potter and He does whatever He likes with His vessels, christians dont teach this,they say He loves everybody,if He loves everybody why would there be a judgement day or why does He create good and evil people/angels, miss lady you are not ready for this,im off today and im ready for you pseudo-christian folks
U are not a christian

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: yeap some were appointed to damnation before the foundation of the world,He has mercy on whom He will and hardens whom He will,Jacob have I loved,Esau have I hated,He is the Potter and He does whatever He likes with His vessels, christians dont teach this,they say He loves everybody,if He loves everybody why would there be a judgement day or why does He create good and evil people/angels, miss lady you are not ready for this,im off today and im ready for you pseudo-christian folks
Being good or bad is your CHOICE. That is why you have your conscience. God didn't create anybody to be Good or Bad. Have you forgotten the story of Saul converted to Paul? You decide to be good or bad, nobody was born good or bad. Good night.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ocelot2006(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2013

Wow....just wow...then I guess Jesus's death on the Cross was for nothing.....

It's confirmed. We have fanatics/lunatics like you claiming to be Christians. There sure aint no difference between you and Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Vansnickers: 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
luluosas: That's because pope Francis is a GAY himself period.
God will judge all the hypocritical Christians and visit them with His wrath and anger, who are diverting the true message of the bible for their selfish interest in Jesus name, amen.

I'm sure you would had preferred if he asked all Catholics to kill Gays. You're right Yahweh should punish him! How dare he preach about Love?! Yahweh must send him to hell for preaching contrary to what the Blood Thirsty Yahweh wants!
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
ocelot2006:

Wow....just wow...then I guess Jesus's death on the Cross was for nothing.....

It's confirmed. We have fanatics/lunatics like you claiming to be Christians. There sure aint no difference between you and Boko Haram.
who the heck is jesus or heyZeus,oh a white boy with blue eyes and a blonde hair
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by khattab02: 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
peppy luv: Shining in HELL undecided
In your thoughts.Death in only an Admonition for u.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Dibiachukwu: 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
obailala:
No... Nobody is loosing anything except lots of Nigerians who have zero ability to comprehend simple reports.

Hate the sin but not the sinner... that's the bible's stand... I wonder what is so difficult to understand in that..

Very soon in our traditional hypocrisy, Nigerians would soon advocate for stoning of adulterers..
undecided undecided
where in the bible?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Solozzo:

He ought to have made it clear that the catholic church does bot see homosexuality as a grievous sin anymore and that gays may even become priests.
Where did the Pope say that homosexuality is right
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
Baybe: Being good or bad is your CHOICE. That is why you have your conscience. God didn't create anybody to be Good or Bad. Have you forgotten the story of Saul converted to Paul? You decide to be good or bad, nobody was born good or bad. Good night.
The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.Proverbs 16:4
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
A catholic till I kpeme !

All u anti catholic can yank ur heads on the nearest transformer for all I care .

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by WinkWrld: 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
WHom am I to judge= simply signifies the pope's humility and respect for GOd
If the gays decide to follow God= simply teaches US that serving God comes first. And this is what God wants from US.
Being Gay is not a crime. = simply teaches us that we are all precious and same in the eyes of God. It also words to promote peace,
God speaks through His prophets, let's be very careful to condemn.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Dibiachukwu: 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
This pope is a gud trickster oh grin Before you know it catholic Ikenna would become a batty-man. And all we would hear is who am I to judge them and judge not, so though shalt not be judged (two verses taken out of context). If you ask them why they live in affluence and their students in abject poverty they will tell you that their God is not a poor God. And if you persist, they will say: Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. This is what the lord says we should do in this situation.Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins (isaiah 58:1)

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by luluosas(m): 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
Van snickers:

I'm sure you would had preferred if he asked all Catholics to kill Gays. You're right Yahweh should punish him! How dare he preach about Love?! Yahweh must send him to hell for preaching contrary to what the Blood Thirsty Yahweh wants!
Which love are you talking about? Love that cannot rebuke sin? Is that what the bible in 1 Corinthians 13:6 teaches?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by fridayman1: 11:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
Syncan:

Exactly. The church never teaches discrimination against them, She rather sees their act as a grave disorder, yet She encourages them to seek the face of the lord, whose grace can make all things good. Yea its unfortunate when someone finds his or her sexual taste biased in that manner, the church sympathises with such a one, but calls him or her to a higher spiritual effort. The pope however, in line with the church, frowns at any propagation of a disorder as if it is right. This is what the lobbyists do.
GRACE OF CHRIST DOES NOT SAVE IN SIN RATHER FROM SIN. BE CAREFUL PLS.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by batteryempty(m): 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
In the end, you never make any point that can exonerate the Pope. Anyway, I was just passing by...

mascot87: I am very sure most nairalanders would misinterpret what the pope is trying to insinuate cos of lack of wisdom understanding his simple statement.Already I am seeing some bigoted illiterates making statements that makes me wonder why some ignoramus bigocony continue to reason with there nose rather than calming down, digest and think deeply on what the Pope is trying to say using there brains. angry
Most people would make silly statements just because they don't believe in the ideology of the Catholic church.Most people are hardcore Religiolistic and tribalistic in nature.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Syncan(m): 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
obi123:

syncan , may your way never be narrow

Thanks for the good intention behind your speech.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by fridayman1: 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
jamp: what am seeing here is different from what CNN reported.

its obvious nairaland owners are anti catholic, always looking for one thing to attack the church.

every sunday they post Adeboye and other pastors messages on front page but cannot post catholic stuff on front page. if its not mary then is purgatory or pope or anti christ.

THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH ......................QED
THE CHURCH OF GOD IS WHERE GOD'S COMMANDMENT IS KEPT BY THE GRACE OF JESUS. A CHURCH OR PERSONS THAT PROMOTES GAY OR GAY MARRIAGE IS ALREADY IN HELL BECAUSE WITHOUT HOLINESS NO MAN WILL SEE GOD. Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Syncan(m): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
friday@man:

GRACE OF CHRIST DOES NOT SAVE IN SIN RATHER FROM SIN. BE CAREFUL PLS.

Thank you Sir, I wonder what part of my speech you are quarreling with. I think you should rather watch it lest you turn yourself to the pharisees who rebuked Jesus for allowing sinners come near.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by afoobiggy700(m): 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
peppy luv: Shining in HELL undecided
I know your pope is not following what your bible says, your bible says kill all man who lies with anoda man
Leviticus 20:13
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by obailala(m): 12:02am On Jul 30, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
where in the bible?
Are u aware that Jesus Christ stopped people from stoning a woman in the bible?..

Are u also aware that Jesus had a tax collector (present day agboro) as a disciple and people criticized him just like the pope's statement is being criticized today?

I quote again, the bible teaches us to hate sin but not condemn the sinners. If u condemn sinners and ostracize them from society, are u not simply acting like the 'holier than thou' crowd that wanted to stone the woman?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by monex(m): 12:10am On Jul 30, 2013
pro01:

I think this is a somewhat apt summary of the Pope's message. He rightly rejects the obnoxious lobbying for the rest of us to accept homosexuality as 'normal', but also makes it clear that he does not have the power to judge them -i.e. leaving them to God's judgment.
sometin i like abt U bro is how u can painstakingly assist to provide rational/logical explanations.

i saw the initial comments from peeps and was like hw did we come to this situation where peeps dont bother to read details or read or read with all their bias/prejudice thereby ignoring the main point of a statement.

hw some peeps came abt the fact that the statement meant the pope supports homosexuality baffles me. they were all shouting end time, end time.

hate the sin, not the sinner. but also hate the attempts by the sinners to redefine what is sin or not (lobbying)
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Hexzy(m): 12:11am On Jul 30, 2013
Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination ; they shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:15
And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death ;and ye shall slay the beast.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived, neither : fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

Romans 1:26-27
For this cause God gave them up into vile affections: For even their. women did change the natural use into that which is against nature.
And likewise also the men, burned in their lust towards another ; men with men working that which is unseemly and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

Remember Jesus said in Matthew 5:17-18 with authority. It said

Think not that I am come. to destroy the law, or the prophets ; I am not come to destroy, but fulfill.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Also remember as it reads from 2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture us of one's own interpretation.

God hate homosexuality. His word is straight forward and He won't hesitate to give judgment to all those who took His words for granted. Remember He respects His word more than anything else. And don't think you are smart enough to defend that evil act. God is no respecter of any man.

But there is hope for those gone astray, turn to Jesus, He will forgive you all your sins and give you a new life.

LET JOIN HANDS TOGETHER AND SAY NO TO HOMOSEXUALITY AND BESTIALITY.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ocelot2006(m): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2013
This whole thread is a clear indication why the national failure rate in WAEC, NECO, and JAMB is high due to lack of simple comprehension. The Pope's statement was pretty straightforward. (1) he refused to judge homosexuals, and (2) he was against their marginalisation. These are definitely not against the teachings of the bible. What he NEVER did/say was embrace the act.

But some morons, in their infinite stupidity masked as wisdom and total lack of comprehension somehow saw the Pope's straightforward statement as his tacit approval of homosexuality, an act heavily frowned upon by the same church he leads. Yet they wonder why they score less than 100 during their JAMB exams after long nights of "skabashing" during night vigils.

Seriously, I think Dawkins was right. These sorry bunch of people did evolve from an animal: THE GOAT.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Photos Of Pastor Igwe Ogbonnaya's SUV / What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) / What Is The Difference Between God And Lord?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.