Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? (33637 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Why Do Africans Hate Gay People So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ah! GOD forgive me my multiple sins o! The Rapture of your saints is close o!
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by samuelkew(m): 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
Not all who calls me Lord will inherit the kingdom of God. Satan will come as an angel of light. Wolves
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by supaeagles(m): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
I like this pope ..... his message is simple : "dislike the sin and not the sinner" .... after all who amongst us is without sin??

11 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
idnoble135: When you keep silence while being aware of an evil being planned and you did not protest nor voice out, you become a part and parcel of such acts.
Who decides what is evil?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
you are devils incarnate....you are the Abominaton of desolation that sits on the side of the North,you are the one that looks like a lamb and speaks as a dragon,you are the one with two horns
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by 35000tons: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
Dear Pope,

Nobody is asking you to judge gays...you are only expected to point out their errors (using the bible as a guide) and show them the way of the LORD.

As someone said earlier,''The Vatican has lost it.'' The question now is, when do we start having gay priests and bishops?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by cannonnier(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
i posted this topic earlier than this guy but mukina close my thread and front-raged this guy's.
PDP at it's highest degree
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ReubenAbati: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
hmmm

In other news...

Reuben.Abati:

ceaser:

This guy are you for real? Don't think you can bamboozle people here with some whacked out philosophy of yours, okay. Genetic code dictating s.exual orientation, procreation an act of evolution?! What da heck are you on about? Don't you know that there are intellectuals on this forum?

I can theoretically confirm you are not an intelectual.

You might be 'local champion professor' for your village square, but when it comes to issues like these, you know nada. No make me vex oo. Wetin you know self? You think education means intelligence? Trash, I tell ya.

I can bet you've never had a chat with someone gay in your life. If you were that intellectual, you'd have tried it, and see things from their own perspective and not silly heresay you people regurgitate all the time. Even if you don't conform with their idea.

You're not intellectual my friend, you're either in denaial or scared. Its called ignorance

Humans are always afraid of what they do not understand.

Homosexuality is a very complicated issue. You have to be learned in History, Philosophy, Biology, Sociology, Neurology and REMOVE your ignorance before you grasp the reality.

Everybody, I repeat, Everybody has homosexual tendencies. Just like everybody is prone to steal, if pushed to their extreme limits.

As humans, our brains are wired differently, just like our fingerprints. I know some people that are very emotional and others that really do not give a fvck.

Were they trained not to give a fvck? Or is it inborn? Yes and No.
Were they trained to be so emotional, or were they born that way! Its still yes and no.

I've seen buttish kids cry over very mundane things and yet their mom will still pet them.

Try it wit an ajegunle woman and the hot slap she go give you, your life will never remain the same.

I once got into a fight with a bigger guy (during my 20s) and after we were seprated, the elder peeps there interrogated us. I was skeptical because I was the cause of the fight. When they asked my opponent, he began crying!

I was like WTF!

I've actually had conversations with feminine men. It all gets strange and a bit scary when you see butch men swing and sway with feminine grace. But that's how it is.

For average slowpokes here, you'll here 'hmm, that guy be gay oo' But shame on you, cause your ignorance has clouded your judgment and made you miss an opportunity to learn.

I've seen femimine men get married and have kids.

And I've seen straight acting cute brothers with a good job 'like shymexx, lol' stay single @ 35.

Go figure.

Stop judging people. You have no friggin idea what's going on in our brains or what were thinking. Its fvking complex. Stop making other peoples life miserable. If you have aren't wired that way, you have nothing to be worried about. Who go be gay go be gay, no matter what.

You will be shocked to know most people are! They just will never tell you. Why would I? Amidst all these hate? Trashy Nigerians!

Some gay dude hit on me recently. I knew he probably was, but I kept my cool. I made it look like one of my
'Experiments' as I call it. And I tried to learn more about their norms etc...

When things started getting steamier, I told the dude (a married man with 3 kids) "Sir, you're cool and al that, I catch your drift, but I'm not.

He said it was cool. You'd never know.

Fact: Everybody is different. You will never know unless you change your stone age intellect.

Its just up to the societal views of it, and also if you decide to act or indulge yourself in it.

Goats here that have never read about Socrates go just jump up and start screaming gayism is alien, where as na them enjoy blow jobs pass.

I guess blow jobs is 'Nigerian' abi?

I enjoy giving girls oral. It fvcking turns me on. I tell my friends about this in public(both seriously and 'expermentally') and they go 'eew'. I tell them I enjoy this, its what I like, I don't care about what you think. No one has ever told me it was alien. But, hypocritical nigerian, in this context, it is!

You'd be amazed at how many of my friends have personally come back and tell me they also want to try it, but are just worried because of religious issues, or people might think they're crazy.

One crazy religious fanatic once told me, in front of a small gaterhing that I'm going to hell cause I 'lick plates'. Damn. Coming from someone who dates four different girls in a month. Coming from someone who's Were Intimate with girls as young as 14. Coming from someone who's probably Were Intimate with all the choir members. Coming from someone who enjoys being giving head. That eediot wanted to make me feel like a sinner. Imagine.

I attacked him right off. I don't give bullshit.

Told everybody his sexcapades, and his blatant disregard for his biblical laws. Why would you fvcking judge me? Who gave you that right or permission to do so? If I go steal now and buy car, u go want make I wash am for you. You can't bleeping change me!

You'd be amazed at the high percentage of rich busy women who use dildos...don't even let me go there.

I omitted religion because it has done more harm than good.

Reminds me of the pope blessing soldiers before going to war...

And lastly, Shymexx sometimes makes me feel like he bribes his uncles to comment for him. The amount of gibberish he types these days is alarming 'for someone I always thought was intellectual'

That shows how gullible the smartest ones can turn overnight.

Its a shame we so fvcking hate each other in this country. Its killing us!

And, I tell you. Homosexuality is here to stay. I just pray you don't learn to accept in the hard way.

PS. I'm still in my mid 20sw

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
This is what happens when a religion is man made. It's selfish rules that cannot stand the test of time. Jesus did not create christianity, niether would he judge or condemn gay people. But those who follow the crazy wagon of christianity judge and condemn everyone. Why? Christianity is certainly losing,after all Jesus too was gay.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by obailala(m): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
Syncan:

Exactly. The church never teaches discrimination against them, She rather sees their act as a grave disorder, yet She encourages them to seek the face of the lord, whose grace can make all things good. Yea its unfortunate when someone finds his or her sexual taste biased in that manner, the church sympathises with such a one, but calls him or her to a higher spiritual effort. The pope however, in line with the church, frowns at any propagation of a disorder as if it is right. This is what the lobbyists do.
I think this is exactly what the pope is saying.

The report isn't very clear and unfortunately not so many people have basic comprehension skills. I can see a lot of people reading negative interpretations into the pope's statement. It is already happening in this thread
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by PStacks(m): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
jamp: what am seeing here is different from what CNN reported.

its obvious nairaland owners are anti catholic, always looking for one thing to attack the church.

every sunday they post Adeboye and other pastors messages on front page but cannot post catholic stuff on front page. if its not mary then is purgatory or pope or anti christ.

THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH ......................QED

Are you sick? Is it nairaland that said what the pope said? Or nairaland shouldn't report what is hot news now and trending..

Its on Aljazeera, BBC, CNN, Bloomberg, France 24, Newyork Times even Financial papers carried this news... Don't you know the amount of human views attached to the Popes opinion.. Last week, they said pope would forgive sins on twitter, this week its another thing and you say Nairaland is reporting it as anti-catholic... Mtcheeeww. I pity you.. Olodo.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by slikcipher(m): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
All of you condemning what the Pope said must have failed English all your life. I bet 99% didn't read his comment on the post. Smh

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by mallorca(m): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
are we really in end time?
the devil is desprate to take all humanity to hell and destruction with himsef cry cry
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
Seriously most peoples' comprehensive skill is so disappointing, that I am considering starting a movement that will force Seun into administering IQ test before registering/commenting on NL.

Please for those of you who are aggrieved by the pope's statement, you guys should clearly explain to the rest of us where the pope's statements contradict Christian teaching on homosexuality. Until then you guys should shelf your hatred towards your fellow human otherwise you guys are no different from the Islamic terrorists. So next time before you point fingers at those terrorist you should think twice.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by dhammer(m): 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
This is the most sensible answer I have seen concerning this issue, who do you think you are to judge? Do you feel you are better? Well then, please remember

1 Samuel 15:23 (KJV) "For rebellion is as
the sin of witchcraft..."

And since you have chosen to make yourself judge when God himself said judge not.

I'm sure you get where I'm going with this
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
goldenval: Some people do not understand proverbs at all... What our Pope is trying to teach us is that " once gay people seeks the face of God almighty and do his good will, meaning repentance from the act through the grace of God almighty and God forgives, who is he to judge?

Pope is 100% right and I guess those kids here that dropped out of school should keep quite here!!!.

Simple and clear statement, some people won't read and learn, or learn to read. Phew!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
Small bodi no be disease. Gay no be disease too.

Natural orientation. Pre-disposed orientation.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by xynerise: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
Smh at those commenting negatively. Ignorance is a disease
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by slikcipher(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
Some peeps are so retard3d. Seriously how do you guys understand simple plain English?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
goldenval: Some people do not understand proverbs at all... What our Pope is trying to teach us is that " once gay people seeks the face of God almighty and do his good will, meaning repentance from the act through the grace of God almighty and God forgives, who is he to judge?

Pope is 100% right and I guess those kids here that dropped out of school should keep quite here!!!.
i just hope the school drop outs wont laugh at you. quite is wrong the right spelling is quiet. Some of them may not have spelt this wrongly you know.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Wsdm: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
Mr. Pope, you are not to rule base on your volition. Tell us what the Bible says about this, simple. Must you all be controlled by western idiocy? Christianity is making itself two porous.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2013

and why did Paul say theyve earned to themselves damnation men with men working that which is unnatural and women too
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
ifeness: This is what happens when a religion is man made. It's selfish rules that cannot stand the test of time. Jesus did not create christianity, niether would he judge or condemn gay people. But those who follow the crazy wagon of christianity judge and condemn everyone. Why? Christianity is certainly losing,after all Jesus too was gay.
what if Jesus was gay? Would that make you feel any better? If it does, continue believing it.
After all, its all about beliefs... Since there are no proofs.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Dnaz(m): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
m I to judge gay
people?
29 July 2013 Last updated at 14:45
Pope Francis has said gay people should not be
marginalised but integrated into society.
Speaking to reporters on a flight back from Brazil, he
reaffirmed the Roman Catholic Church's position that
homosexual acts were sinful, but homosexual orientation
was not.
He was responding to questions about whether there was a
"gay lobby" in the Vatican.
"If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who
am I to judge them?"
He also said he wanted a greater role for women in the
Church, but insisted they could not be priests.
The Pope arrived back in Rome on Monday after a week-
long tour of Brazil - his first trip abroad as pontiff - which
climaxed with a huge gathering on Rio de Janeiro's
Copacabana beach for a world Catholic youth festival.
Festival organisers estimated it attracted more than three
million people.
His remarks on gay people are being seen as much more
conciliatory than his predecessor's position on the issue.
Pope Benedict XVI signed a document in 2005 that said men
with deep-rooted homosexual tendencies should not be
priests.
But Pope Francis said gay clergymen should be forgiven
and their sins forgotten.
"The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this very
well," Pope Francis said in a wide-ranging 80-minute long
interview with Vatican journalists.
"It says they should not be marginalised because of this but
that they must be integrated into society."
But he condemned what he described as lobbying by gay
people.
"The problem is not having this orientation," he said. "We
must be brothers. The problem is lobbying by this
orientation, or lobbies of greedy people, political lobbies,
Masonic lobbies, so many lobbies. This is the worse
problem."
On the role of women in the Church, he said: "We cannot
limit the role of women in the Church to altar girls or the
president of a charity, there must be more.
"But with regards to the ordination of women, the Church
has spoken and says no... That door is closed."
Answering questions about the troubled Vatican bank, he
said the institution must become "honest and transparent"
and that he would listen to advice on whether it could be
reformed or should be shut down altogether.
"I don't know what will become of the bank. Some say it is
better that is a bank, others that it should be a charitable
fund and others say close it," he
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
cannonnier: i posted this topic earlier than this guy but mukina close my thread and front-raged this guy's.
PDP at it's highest degree
why do they behave like this here? Or is it that you didnt provide a link to the story? Its bad. I do see two topics in some sections and at the end, the recent one is been posted. Thats bad. Hope no politics and corruption here too?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by fedimol: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
Jesus loved the sinners and hated the sin. I guess that's what he's trying to say. As for me though, I'm still anti-gay.

My Apologies to Homophiliacs

P.S. I just coined that word

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: and why did Paul say theyve earned to themselves damnation men with men working that which is unnatural and women too
Go ask google
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by italo: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
see a more comprehensive summary of the interview session...and not the one the mainstream media wants you to see.

i

Pope answers questions about Curia reforms, gay lobby

By Cindy Wooden
Catholic News Service

ABOARD THE PAPAL FLIGHT FROM BRAZIL (CNS) -- Pope Francis said he was responding to the clear wishes of the College of Cardinals when he set up commissions to study the Vatican bank, Vatican financial and administrative procedures and the reform of the Roman Curia.

The pope also said he knows people have spoken about some kind of "gay lobby" at the Vatican protecting certain priests by threatening to blackmail others. The pope said the "lobbying" is what is worrisome.

Pope Francis held his first news conference July 28, shortly after the Alitalia flight taking him back to Rome departed from Rio de Janeiro. He answered questions from 21 journalists over a period of 80 minutes. The questions were not submitted in advance and no topics were ruled out of bounds.

Asked about the Vatican bank, Pope Francis said he does not know what will become of the Institute for the Works of Religion, which is the formal name of the scandal-plagued bank. He has appointed an outside commission and is involved in discussions about how to organize it, "how to restore it, reformulate it."

But he also told journalists traveling with him that "transparency and honesty" were essential at the Vatican bank and that while moral failures by clergy caused scandal and pain, people also needed to recognize that sometimes the media and the public go searching for scandal.

Referring to the institute by its Italian initials, IOR, the pope said, some have suggested it should become a real bank, others say it should be a "charitable fund, others say it should be closed. I don't know. I have confidence in the work of the people at IOR, who are working a lot, and in the commission," studying the bank and its role in the universal mission of the church.

"Whatever it ends up being -- whether a bank or a charitable fund -- transparency and honesty are essential," he said.

As for the wider reform of the Roman Curia, Pope Francis said everything he has done so far flows from the concerns and suggestions raised by the College of Cardinals during the meetings they held before the conclave that elected Pope Francis in March.

The cardinals, he said, expressed "what they wanted of the new pope -- they wanted a lot of things" -- but a key part of it was that the Vatican central offices be more efficient and more clearly at the service of the universal church.

"There are saints who work in the Curia -- cardinals, bishops, priests, sisters, laity; I've met them," he said, they include those who work full time, then do volunteer work, feed the poor, help out in parishes on weekends.

The media only writes about the sinners and the scandals, he said, but that's normal, because "a tree that falls makes more noise than a forest that grows."

Pope Francis himself described as "a scandal" the case of Msgr. Nunzio Scarano, a now-suspended official from the Vatican investment office, who was arrested in Italy June 28 on charges that he allegedly tried to help smuggle millions of euros into Italy from Switzerland.

"He didn't go to jail because he's a saint," the pope said.

Pope Francis was asked about Msgr. Battista Ricca, whom he named interim prelate of the Vatican bank. The monsignor, who had served in the Vatican diplomatic corps, was director of the Domus Sanctae Marthae, the Vatican residence where the pope lives.

Soon after his nomination was announced, an Italian magazine published a story claiming Msgr. Ricca had been sent away from a nunciature in Latin American when it was learned that he had a male lover.

Pope Francis told reporters, "I did what canon law said must be done, I ordered an 'investigation brevia,' and this investigation found nothing."

The pope continued by talking about how "many times in the church, outside this case, but also in this one, we go searching for the sins -- of one's youth, for example -- for publicity. I'm not talking about crimes here -- the abuse of a minor is a crime -- but of sins."

"But if a person, whether a layperson, priest
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by OjukwuManhood: 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
I have been a fan of nairaland for over 30yrs, now I have register and I can comment. That sounds funny right!

Remember "Ojukwu is dead and gone, but am still alive" "Ojukwu manhood" is the name

OK back to the thread

Tell the Pope to read his bible well.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Pope Francis: Who am I to judge gay people?

29 July 2013 Last updated at 14:45

Pope Francis has said gay people should not be marginalised but integrated into society.

[B][/b]Speaking to reporters on a flight back from Brazil, he reaffirmed the Roman Catholic Church's position that homosexual acts were sinful, but homosexual orientation was not.[B][/b]

He was responding to questions about whether there was a "gay lobby" in the Vatican.

"If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge them?"

He also said he wanted a greater role for women in the Church, but insisted they could not be priests.

The Pope arrived back in Rome on Monday after a week-long tour of Brazil - his first trip abroad as pontiff - which climaxed with a huge gathering on Rio de Janeiro's Copacabana beach for a world Catholic youth festival.

Festival organisers estimated it attracted more than three million people.

His remarks on gay people are being seen as much more conciliatory than his predecessor's position on the issue.

Pope Benedict XVI signed a document in 2005 that said men with deep-rooted homosexual tendencies should not be priests.

But Pope Francis said gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten.

"The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains this very well," Pope Francis said in a wide-ranging 80-minute long interview with Vatican journalists.

"It says they should not be marginalised because of this but that they must be integrated into society."

But he condemned what he described as lobbying by gay people.

"The problem is not having this orientation," he said. "We must be brothers. The problem is lobbying by this orientation, or lobbies of greedy people, political lobbies, Masonic lobbies, so many lobbies. This is the worse problem."

On the role of women in the Church, he said: "We cannot limit the role of women in the Church to altar girls or the president of a charity, there must be more.

"But with regards to the ordination of women, the Church has spoken and says no... That door is closed."

Answering questions about the troubled Vatican bank, he said the institution must become "honest and transparent" and that he would listen to advice on whether it could be reformed or should be shut down altogether.

"I don't know what will become of the bank. Some say it is better that is a bank, others that it should be a charitable fund and others say close it," he said.

'Undisciplined'

Before leaving Brazil, Pope Francis gave a highly unusual one-to-one interview to a Brazilian TV programme.

The interview was shown on TV Globo's high-profile Sunday night documentary programme Fantastico, broadcast not long after the Pope departed for Rome.

The Pope was asked about the moment on his visit when his driver took a wrong turn and his vehicle was surrounded by crowds.

"I don't feel afraid," he answered. "I know that no-one dies before their time.

"I don't want to see these people who have such a great heart from behind a glass box. The two security teams [from the Vatican and Brazil] worked very well. But I know that I am undisciplined in that respect."

Asked about the recent protests by young people on the streets of Brazil, the Pope said: "The young person is essentially a non-conformist, and this is very beautiful.

"It is necessary to listen to young people, give them places to express themselves and to be careful that they aren't manipulated."

Asked about his simple lifestyle and use of a small car, he said it wasn't a good example when a priest had the latest model of a car or a top brand.

"At this moment I believe God is asking us for more simplicity," he added.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Shaw007(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: dying religion trying to cling on.
Mumu . . . Na you dey kill am?? . .
Infact,wetin we dey talk,wetin u dey talk...... abi is this one high??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Demonic Covenant Associated With Visa Lottery / Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement / Some Funny Memes That Tell Bible Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.