Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,305 members, 7,829,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33239 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 7:15am On Aug 17, 2013
Holy Queen We Bend Before Thee

Holy Queen we bend before thee,
Queen of purity divine,

Make us love thee , we implore thee
Make us truly to be thine.

Chorus:

Teach O teach us, Holy Mother,
How to conquer every sin,

How to love and help each other
How the prize of life to win.

Thou to whom a child was given,
Greater than the sons of men
Coming down from highest heaven
To create the world again.

Chorus

O by that Almighty Maker
Whom thyself, a virgin bore
O by the Supreme Creator
Linked with thee for ever more.

Chorus

Oh the hope thy name inspires,
By our doom, reversed thru, thee
Help us Queen of Angel Choirs
To a blest eternity.
Chorus

Just mere honours. I refuse to be deceived
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

The bold also shows they merely honour Mary

Their whole belief system is hinged on Honouring Mary. They dare not dishonour her or they would be on their way to Hell. Blind leading the blind.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 7:20am On Aug 17, 2013
@doclan,Naijadeyhia and Superior;If u guys shud just mention ur various places of Worship,i will be happy....
You see,most of u are so brainwashed and retarded, that someone will just wake up from a weird dream and the next thing will be that God Told him to Open a Church/ministry.....The next day,peeps like u start flooding the church...And then the Man will use an Attack on Doctrines and then get Famous,and Peeps like u lot who his/her preachings interests will join and follow in their lead........Are u not supposed to be Ashamed of Yourselves?
So ur gathering of believers no get name?
So,if the Dead stay Dead as ur lots are saying,WHY DID ELIJAH AND MOSES NOT STAY DEAD?
From Where did they come to talk and Console Jesus on the Transfiguration day?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1: Holy Queen We Bend Before Thee

Holy Queen we bend before thee,
Queen of purity divine,

Make us love thee , we implore thee
Make us truly to be thine.

Chorus:

Teach O teach us, Holy Mother,
How to conquer every sin,

How to love and help each other
How the prize of life to win.

Thou to whom a child was given,
Greater than the sons of men
Coming down from highest heaven
To create the world again.

Chorus

O by that Almighty Maker
Whom thyself, a virgin bore
O by the Supreme Creator
Linked with thee for ever more.

Chorus

Oh the hope thy name inspires,
By our doom, reversed thru, thee
Help us Queen of Angel Choirs
To a blest eternity.
Chorus

Just mere honours. I refuse to be deceived

To them the power to conquer sin lies with Mary and not with the Spirit of God. Right before their very eyes they are being lied to by their Popes and priests and cannot see it. The devil is working overtime in the catholic church through deception and they cannot sense it. These ones are lost.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon: @doclan,Naijadeyhia and Superior;If u guys shud just mention ur various places of Worship,i will be happy....
You see,most of u are so brainwashed and retarded, that someone will just wake up from a weird dream and the next thing will be that God Told him to Open a Church/ministry.....The next day,peeps like u start flooding the church...And then the Man will use an Attack on Doctrines and then get Famous,and Peeps like u lot who his/her preachings interests will join and follow in their lead........Are u not supposed to be Ashamed of Yourselves?
So,if the Dead stay Dead as ur lots are saying,WHY DID ELIJAH AND MOSES NOT STAY DEAD?

So you are still on this mention your church matter. I was born into an anglican family, attended a catholic school but still felt empty until i met Christ and my life took a dramatic turn with the joy of the Lord knowing no bounds. Taste and see that the Lord is good.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon: @doclan,Naijadeyhia and Superior;If u guys shud just mention ur various places of Worship,i will be happy....

Superior is a member of the RCCG where his pastor flies in private jet and wants to build a 3km church when vast members of his church are dying in penury.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 7:39am On Aug 17, 2013
chukwudi44:

Superior is a member of the RCCG where his pastor flies in private jet and wants to build a 3km church when vast members of his church are dying in penury.

You miss it!!!! grin grin grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

Let them keep looking for church name
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 7:39am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I was born into an anglican family
Is that the Answer to my question?
You are stil silent on the other questions u quoted too....
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 7:43am On Aug 17, 2013
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 7:47am On Aug 17, 2013
Although i dont do Church tinz,as in believing that Catholic Church will lead me to heaven,i Still believe we are the Best Church and People Around......If u think this is a lie,say ur church name,and i will tell u the hundreds of Things Wrong with it.....If u cant,Then Shut up and go to work/school or sit at home and keep wasting ur time on Nairaland...
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

Bros whether u are a member or not the fact remains that you are in support of his actions.I saw you defending him with your life on the other thread.

BTW what is it about this protestant churches that makes their members ashamed to be identified with them.

Thank God I am a catholic!!! So proud to be one
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon:
Is that the Answer to my question?
You are stil silent on the other questions u quoted too....

Now you are a catholic inquisitor? Nice graduation
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon: Although i dont do Church tinz,as in believing that Catholic Church will lead me to heaven,i Still believe we are the Best Church and People Around......If u think this is a lie,say ur church name,and i will tell u the hundreds of Things Wrong with it.....If u cant,Then Shut up and go to work/school or sit at home and keep wasting ur time on Nairaland...

Bros leave dem jare!! Their pastors have skeletons in their closet.so many of them are rapists.They don't want to identify themselves with those churches.shame go kill dem if they do
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 17, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros leave dem jare!! Their pastors have skeletons in their closet.so many of them are rapists.They don't want to identify themselves with those churches.shame go kill dem if they do

Now that you meantioned skeletons you catholics seem to have tons of them and physically too because your popes and priest seem to love bones.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 8:04am On Aug 17, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros whether u are a member or not the fact remains that you are in support of his actions.I saw you defending him with your life on the other thread.

Defending him with my life kwa?. I gave my opinion and support for the church expansion prjoect

chukwudi44: BTW what is it about this protestant churches that makes their members ashamed to be identified with them.
protestant is quite old-fashion now (not that i mind though). I am not ashamed to be a member of Christ body, you folks needs to understand what makes one a Christian isnt the denomination he worships but his being a member of the body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Ephesians 1:22
And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church

Jesus is the Head of the Church!!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Now that you meantioned skeletons you catholics seem to have tons of them and physically too because your popes and priest seem to love bones.

Catholics are lovers of dead bones, they do not joke with it
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

Catholics are lovers of dead bones, they do not joke with it

I know my dear brother. They never cease to amaze me. Everyday they come up with a new interest of worship. confused lot
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 8:13am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

The true body of Christ are those who are sold out to Christ in all things and they are not contained in one church. Rather they are scattered worldwide. A member of His body can be a begger on the streets of india who has embraced christ or a worker in ukraine or a teenager in denmark and so on. But they must have one thing in common, they must have been sealed by the Holy spirit as marked for Christ as they must walk with His Holy spirit in obedience in all things for this is the seal.

You do beyond honouring mary. You say you honour her in words but your actions and other prayers said to her speak otherwise. You use words for her that only God deserves and yet you say you only honour her? The bible said all nations would call her blessed this means all nations on this earth. Heavens standards are far higher than ours. We bless God for using her and thats just it... she was used... she was an instrument... a tool and it ends there.
We honour and respect our mother, Blessed Virgin Mary...and you should also do same because no matter how you try or wish, she is still the Mother of Jesus, who is also God, Saviour, etc.
You just said that our actions and words do not depict what we claim. May I ask, what actions and words?
Definitely, she was chosen by God to bring Jesus into the world but she was still favoured by God.
Luke I:28
''rejoice, highly favoured one, the lord is with you''.
And she is still favoured by God up till now...

If she was just to be used as a tool and nothing more, I dont think that her name would have been mentioned many other times in the bible...it would have just ended after the birth of Jesus..or dont you think God can actually do that? You know nothing is impossible for him.

So, the greetings brought to her by the angel from God means a whole lot and other roles which she played as mentioned in the bible also means a lot...

So, the fact you think that we only say that we honour her in mouth and our actions show another is just your twisted thoughts....period.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 17, 2013
@Maria

Stop wasting your time trying to explain to people who are so ashamed to be associated with the church they claim to belong to.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 8:19am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

Defending him with my life kwa?. I gave my opinion and support for the church expansion prjoect

protestant is quite old-fashion now (not that i mind though). I am not ashamed to be a member of Christ body, you folks needs to understand what makes one a Christian isnt the denomination he worships but his being a member of the body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Ephesians 1:22
And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church

Jesus is the Head of the Church!!

God forgive me....But i have to say it out now,you are a Fool,a big one at That....
Do u even undastnd the Scriptures u quote?
Just incase u have gone myopic,St.Paul was refering to the Church in Corinth and Ephesus......
The last time i checked,one Person doesnt make up a Body of Christ.........
I just realised that You are "JEHOVAH'S WITNESS" member.....mtcheeeeeeeeew!!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon:
God forgive me....But i have to say it out now,you are a Fool,a big one at That....
Do u even undastnd the Scriptures u quote?
Just incase u have gone myopic,St.Paul was refering to the Church in Corinth and Ephesus......
The last time i checked,one Person doesnt make up a Body of Christ.........
I just realised that You are "JEHOVAH'S WITNESS" member.....mtcheeeeeeeeew!!

If the bold will make you breathe better, no problem. I understand your frustrations.

Jehovah Witness ke?, you miss!!! grin grin grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 17, 2013
[/quote]I just realised that You are "JEHOVAH'S WITNESS" member.....mtcheeeeeeeeew!! [quote]

Nope the dude is a penterascal !! A member of the notorious WOF movement.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
We honour and respect our mother, Blessed Virgin Mary...and you should also do same because no matter how you try or wish, she is still the Mother of Jesus, who is also God, Saviour, etc.
You just said that our actions and words do not depict what we claim. May I ask, what actions and words?
Definitely, she was chosen by God to bring Jesus into the world but she was still favoured by God.

If she was just to be used as a tool and nothing more, I dont think that her name would have been mentioned many other times in the bible...it would have just ended after the birth of Jesus..or dont you think God can actually do that? You know nothing is impossible for him.

So, the greetings brought to her by the angel from God means a whole lot and other roles which she played as mentioned in the bible also means a lot...

So, the fact you think that we only say that we honour her in mouth and our actions show another is just your twisted thoughts....period.

The other times her name was mentioned in the bible what were they in connection with? I encourage you to keep "honouring" her as this is your wish.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 8:33am On Aug 17, 2013
Naijadeyhia,rep ur church?
Be proud of ur felow "members in the body of Christ"..
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

If men were to honour her why didnt any of the apostles right from the book of Acts to Revelation give her any special attention or honour to the point that it had to be recorded for us to make reference to in our time? After all they were with her and they are meant to be the ones to first honour her aggressively but none of such was recorded. Why didnt they seek her permission before embarking on missionary trips? Why didnt John whom she was handed over to when Christ was on the cross not take time to document her importance and reasons why she should be honoured? Yet those who were not there are insisting that she be honoured? Puzzling isnt it?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 17, 2013
Pls stop replying this idiots unless they declare their church.Some of them might not even be xtians but rather e-boko haram members sent to destabilize the church of christ.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 8:40am On Aug 17, 2013
chukwudi44: @Maria

Stop wasting your time trying to explain to people who are so ashamed to be associated with the church they claim to belong to.
It really baffles me because I am very sure nobody was born with full knowledge of the scriptures and of God. Someone somwhere must have enllightened him/her.

I was given my own teachings of the scriptures by the Catholic church....and am proud to say that.
Who gave them their own teachings....and the problem here is the fact that we honour BVM. If God doesnt want her to be respected and honoured, why did he do the same?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon: Naijadeyhia,rep ur church?
Be proud of ur felow "members in the body of Christ"..

I would rather rep Christ who is the head of the church than to rep the body. Even your words show you have no depth

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
It really baffles me because I am very sure nobody was born with full knowledge of the scriptures and of God. Someone somwhere must have enllightened him/her.

I was given my own teachings of the scriptures by the Catholic church....and am proud to say that.
Who gave them their own teachings....and the problem here is the fact that we honour BVM. If God doesnt want her to be respected and honoured, why did he do the same?

Real believers are not taught by a church but by the Spirit of God whose assignment is to teach us all things, lead us into all truth and glorify God in us. A church might attempt at instructing but confirmation of the word comes from the Holy Spirit. You were taught by the catholic church but I was and am still being taught by the Holy Spirit of the Living God.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 8:47am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

The other times her name was mentioned in the bible what were they in connection with? I encourage you to keep "honouring" her as this is your wish.
I love the part of encouraging me to keep ''honouring'' her because that is what I have always done and will keep doing...
The part she was mentioned when Jesus performed his first miracle..
Jesus told her that his hour has not yet come...why did he still obey her? Why didnt he just wait till when his hour to perform miracles arrive? have you though about that?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 8:50am On Aug 17, 2013
I pray all of u that are saying bad things About Mary to have a change of heart...Even if u dont believe that Mary is in Heaven,please dont disregard that she is still the Mother of Jesus Christ...Dont forget that it was 2ru her that we had hope of making Heaven....
One of the things that is hard to change in Life is "mindset"..
I dont knw how u(superior,naijadeyhia) cultivated ur own,but u stil have time to change...
@superior,try and read what i told u to,or u get the book itself..The name is "MORE ABOUT FATIMA"..

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply)

Who Will You Have Lunch With? / Be Wary Of Romantic Boyfriend And Girlfriend Relationships / My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.