Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33150 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria please stop replying that dude.He seriously sounds like a boko haram suicide bomber!! There are completely ignorant of christian scriptures!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
I love the part of encouraging me to keep ''honouring'' her because that is what I have always done and will keep doing...
The part she was mentioned when Jesus performed his first miracle..
Jesus told her that his hour has not yet come...why did he still obey her? Why didnt he just wait till when his hour to perform miracles arrive? have you though about that?

He did respond to her by calling her "woman"and not "mother". He did what she asked because it was in His nature to do good and not because she asked. A blind man asked Him if thou will i would like to receive my sight and He said "I WILL" receive your sight. It is His will to do good as that was why He came in the first place. Was Mary present in the other instances when he did good? Her presence wasnt relevant to His assignment. The Bible said "How Jesus Christ went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil" Was the presence of Mary relevant in all this?

2 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 8:51am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

If men were to honour her why didnt any of the apostles right from the book of Acts to Revelation give her any special attention or honour to the point that it had to be recorded for us to make reference to in our time? After all they were with her and they are meant to be the ones to first honour her aggressively but none of such was recorded. Why didnt they seek her permission before embarking on missionary trips? Why didnt John whom she was handed over to when Christ was on the cross not take time to document her importance and reasons why she should be honoured? Yet those who were not there are insisting that she be honoured? Puzzling isnt it?
every thing must be documented before you beleive, right?
Now, maybe, you dont want to beleive but God has already honoured her and she has a special role to play. After all she said, ''do whatever he (Jesus) ask you to do.''
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon: I pray all of u that are saying bad things About Mary to have a change of heart...Even if u dont believe that Mary is in Heaven,please dont disregard that she is still the Mother of Jesus Christ...Dont forget that it was 2ru her that we had hope of making Heaven....
One of the things that is hard to change in Life is "mindset"..
I dont knw how u(superior,naijadeyhia) cultivated ur own,but u stil have time to change...
@superior,try and read what i told u to,or u get the book itself..The name is "MORE ABOUT FATIMA"..

God didnt need Mary when He made Adam and Eve but the reason why he needed her for Christ was because Christ was meant to be a perfect sacrifice so He had to come in sinful form which could only happen if He came through a sinful vessel. Yes she was a virgin but still was the offspring of fallen Adam and Eve. The focus was Christ and not Mary.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 8:57am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Real believers are not taught by a church but by the Spirit of God whose assignment is to teach us all things, lead us into all truth and glorify God in us. A church might attempt at instructing but confirmation of the word comes from the Holy Spirit. You were taught by the catholic church but I was and am still being taught by the Holy Spirit of the Living God.
..so you beleive the spirit is absent in the Catholic church, just because we honour Blessed Virgin Mary?

Tell me, was Mary filled with the Holy spirit or not?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 8:59am On Aug 17, 2013
chukwudi44: Maria please stop replying that dude.He seriously sounds like a boko haram suicide bomber!! There are completely ignorant of christian scriptures!

Chukwudiii!!!!!! grin grin grin grin, you b comedian ooo grin grin grin grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 9:07am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

He did respond to her by calling her "woman"and not "mother". He did what she asked because it was in His nature to do good and not because she asked. A blind man asked Him if thou will i would like to receive my sight and He said "I WILL" receive your sight. It is His will to do good as that was why He came in the first place. Was Mary present in the other instances when he did good? Her presence wasnt relevant to His assignment. The Bible said "How Jesus Christ went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil" Was the presence of Mary relevant in all this?
lol, Of course he called her woman, na man e go call am before? Are you saying that calling her woman makes her less of a mother to him?
it is true that it is in his nature to do good but why still complain to her that his hour has not yet arrived? He is still God, isnt he? So he can decide to disagree to his mother's request.
Now, why didnt Mary wait to confirm his affirmation to her request before confidently asking the servants to ''do what he says'', huh?
Cant you see? She came to Jesus in 2 ways...as her son and God.
She have in mind that God has favoured her and wont deny her of her request if its for the good of her children. She beleived in her son, who is also God.

Whats so hard in this?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 9:11am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
lol, Of course he called her woman, na man e go call am before? Are you saying that calling her woman makes her less of a mother to him?
it is true that it is in his nature to do good but why still complain to her that his hour has not yet arrived? He is still God, isnt he? So he can decide to disagree to his mother's request.
Now, why didnt Mary wait to confirm his affirmation to her request before confidently asking the servants to ''do what he says'', huh?
Cant you see? She came to Jesus in 2 ways...as her son and God.
She have in mind that God has favoured her and wont deny her of her request if its for the good of her children. She beleived in her son, who is also God.

Whats so hard in this?

Matthew 12:46-50

46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.

Comment on those verses above

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

God didnt need Mary when He made Adam and Eve but the reason why he needed her for Christ was because Christ was meant to be a perfect sacrifice so He had to come in sinful form which could only happen if He came through a sinful vessel. Yes she was a virgin but still was the offspring of fallen Adam and Eve. The focus was Christ and not Mary.
...she was preserved. The spirit of God overshadowing her cause that to happen. She was without sin...and yes still a descedant of Adam.
Dont you beleive God can preserve her from all sins? If you dont, then your are doubting God....and you are not a beleiver, at al.
The focus may be christ but she is still involved in bringing thst focus to this world...so you cant ignore her.
Of course, God need not mary when he made the world because she was already preserved another special task..which is bringing the saviour to the world.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.

...did Mary do the will of God or not?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 9:24am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...did Mary do the will of God or not?

Is that all you have say?, Jesus refused seeing Mary in that verse and told His listeners those who do the will of God are is brothers and mothers.

Jesus didnt only refused Mary's request, He ignored her and reduce her status to be equal of all believers, no?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

Is that all you have say?, Jesus refused seeing Mary in that verse and told His listeners those who do the will of God are is brothers and mothers.

Jesus didnt only refused Mary's request, He ignored her and reduce her status to be equal of all believers, no?
...nwokem, thats a yes/no question.
Ok, I will rephrase.
Did Mary do the will of God or not?
Did she or did she not do the will of God?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...nwokem, thats a yes/no question.
Ok, I will rephrase.
Did Mary do the will of God or not?
Did she or did she not do the will of God?

God's will as per what?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

God's will as per what?
Luke 1:38
'' I am the handmaid of the Lord, may it happen to me aas you have said..''

There and then she accepted to do God's will which is to be the Mother of God.

Or was that not God's will for her?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

Yeah, She submitted to God's plan and I am also a believer in Christ. So myself, Mary and other Christ believers are the brother and mother of Jesus, Jesus refused to grant Mary audience and didn't give her any special recognition when she came calling on Him in the chapter i showed you

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by doclan: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2013
To those who needed name, I ve come wt names for U... Church of Christ(rom16vs16) body of Christ(col1vs18)... Want more?? Concerning doctrines, check the new testament mode of worship and teachings.. A body dat still holds to the basic teaching of the apostles.. Oya comment.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2013
doclan: To those who needed name, I ve come wt names for U... Church of Christ(rom16vs16) body of Christ(col1vs18)... Want more?? Concerning doctrines, check the new testament mode of worship and teachings.. A body dat still holds to the basic teaching of the apostles.. Oya comment.

You this unrepentant protestant!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, arent you a Jehovah Witness or something grin grin grin grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 10:38am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

but the reason why he needed her for Christ was because Christ was meant to be a perfect sacrifice so He had to come in sinful form which could only happen if He came through a sinful vessel. .
do u watch ur statements at all?
Where in the Bible was it written that Christ was infested with the Original sin as u claimed above?
You see what i have been talking about!!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by doclan: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

You this unrepentant protestant!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, arent you a Jehovah Witness or something grin grin grin grin
or perhaps a bokoharam member... Lol ... Nw, Mr Chukwudi has gotten a name to chew on..

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

[b]Mother of God indeed. I guess since the holy spirit overshadowed her that means the Holy spirit is the father of God. smh. The mystery of the Lords conception is beyond you and yours. FYI Mary said that she is the handmaid of the Lord. Handmaid means servant. It means of lowly estate. It shows how humble she was and not her so called high and lifted position you are all making her out to be. Even John the baptist was greater than Mary because Matthew 11:11, in which Jesus declares:

Amen, I say to you, among those born of women there has been none greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

In this passage, our Lord is extolling the importance of John the Baptist in the plan of salvation. As the last of the prophets, he had the unique role as the forerunner to Christ. Furthermore, his greatness is seen in his humility: instead of his important role leading to pride, John the Baptist chose the humble path, making his whole life one that points to another. As Scripture constantly repeats, it is the humble who are exalted and the exalted who are humbled.[/b]

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

Did the bible tell u that He didnt later attend to them?
You see why you are so foolish?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by IKO1(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon:
Did the bible tell u that He didnt later attend to them?
You see why you are so foolish?

If you keep using words of that nature, you will keep demonstrating the quality of your upbringing. The Bible told us He ignored her and refused to meet her, that's all.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by IKO1(m): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2013
quote author=IKO1][/quote] who is she? Dat have done the will of the father if mary
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon:
do u watch ur statements at all?
Where in the Bible was it written that Christ was infested with the Original sin as u claimed above?
You see what i have been talking about!!

Why did the bible say that He that knew no sin was made sin? Why did the bible say that. In Romans 8:3 it declares "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh". Now dispute that scripture with your own analogy and mindset

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2013
doclan: To those who needed name, I ve come wt names for U... Church of Christ(rom16vs16) body of Christ(col1vs18)... Want more?? Concerning doctrines, check the new testament mode of worship and teachings.. A body dat still holds to the basic teaching of the apostles.. Oya comment.
See wetin ignorance and lack of undastanding dey do!!
Those verses u just quoted,were they not referred to a set of People?
Maybe St.Paul should have just written "a Letter to the Church of Christ and a Letter to the Body of Christ"..........
Thats what you are saying then right?
Before there will be a Church of Christ or Body of Christ,there must be a gathering...And when Paul wrote those letters,he referred it to these gathered faithfuls.....
So its either u belong to a gathering of Faithfuls or u are just decieving urself with The Body Of Christ Mentality,u and ur Cohorts....
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

If you keep using words of that nature, you will keep demonstrating the quality of your upbringing. The Bible told us He ignored her and refused to meet her, that's all.
I dont think u have ever answered a question directly right?
Can u ever answer a question directly for once in ur life?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 11:05am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Why did the bible say that He that knew no sin was made sin? Why did the bible say that. In Romans 8:3 it declares "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh". Now dispute that scripture with your own analogy and mindset
Am not with my bible where i am now,i could have quoted what i wanted to say now....
When John The Baptist refused to Baptise Jesus,saying it should be the other way round,what did Jesus Say to Him?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:11am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

Yeah, She submitted to God's plan and I am also a believer in Christ. So myself, Mary and other Christ believers are the brother and mother of Jesus, Jesus refused to grant Mary audience and didn't give her any special recognition when she came calling on Him in the chapter i showed you

good....there is nothing more in that chapter other than what you have already affirmed.
Verse 50 said it all, and th fact that she and we also do the will of God, we are his mother, sister and brothers. She has already being recognised and granted audience...same as all those who do his will.

Honey, thats all that is to it.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon:
Am not with my bible where i am now,i could have quoted what i wanted to say now....
When John The Baptist refused to Baptise Jesus,saying it should be the other way round,what did Jesus Say to Him?

The question you should be asking if you were a bible scholar is what is the purpose of baptism and not what you are asking. Baptism is meant for the remission of sins isnt it? Jesus said that all righteousness should be fulfilled and note that all this while God never said anything until after He was baptized that was when the holy spirit descended like a dove and God said this is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased. Baptism is mean for remission of sins
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by doclan: 11:17am On Aug 17, 2013
philfearon: .
See wetin ignorance and lack of undastanding dey do!!
Those verses u just quoted,were they not referred to a set of People?
Maybe St.Paul should have just written "a Letter to the Church of Christ and a Letter to the Body of Christ"..........
Thats what you are saying then right?
Before there will be a Church of Christ or Body of Christ,there must be a gathering...And when Paul wrote those letters,he referred it to these gathered faithfuls.....
So its either u belong to a gathering of Faithfuls or u are just decieving urself with The Body Of Christ Mentality,u and ur Cohorts....
a set of people that did what?(lemme help U.. Set of people dat believed in d gospel of Christ and followed the Apostles teaching) wat am saying in essence is catholic is clearly different from new testament christianity. Mind U, nt jst catholics but all those who ve neglected the pure doctrine of Christ.. ALL I MEAN. Dnt cee me as an anti-catholic bt a voice crying out for us all to amend our ways and go back to what Christianity used to be.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:18am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

[b]Mother of God indeed. I guess since the holy spirit overshadowed her that means the Holy spirit is the father of God. smh. The mystery of the Lords conception is beyond you and yours. FYI Mary said that she is the handmaid of the Lord. Handmaid means servant. It means of lowly estate. It shows how humble she was and not her so called high and lifted position you are all making her out to be. Even John the baptist was greater than Mary because Matthew 11:11, in which Jesus declares:

Amen, I say to you, among those born of women there has been none greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

In this passage, our Lord is extolling the importance of John the Baptist in the plan of salvation. As the last of the prophets, he had the unique role as the forerunner to Christ. Furthermore, his greatness is seen in his humility: instead of his important role leading to pride, John the Baptist chose the humble path, making his whole life one that points to another. As Scripture constantly repeats, it is the humble who are exalted and the exalted who are humbled.[/b]
ah ah, is Mary not the Mother of Jesus? Is Jesus not God?
Chineke m....
If Jesus is God, why cant I say she is the Mother of God? Hian...na wa o.

Mary was humble, thats why she was exalted or is there anywhere where it was written that she was proud?

FYI, John the Baptist, was a servant too...a chosen servant, just like Mary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Pastor Thaddeus Matthews Advertises Joystick Erection Pills / 26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.