Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:19 PM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33344 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
which of the images are you talking about and who exactly is bowing down to them?

Oh suddenly you dont know the images? Do you not have images of whom or what you think Jesus looks like as statues? Do you not have images of what you think mary looks like as statues? Do you not have images even of what you think baby Jesus looked like? Sacred heart of this and that? I pray you to please tell me that you dont have them
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

This shows you have nothing to offer because even in all our discussion not once have you made a clean and clear reference to scripture. You are just hoping on one leg and trying to scratch your nose at the same time. I do not want to go through the previous dicsussions i want you to make it brief for me by answering me in simple english. Is that too difficult for you?
at least, we can hire a tired party to see who have been hoping on one leg and trying to scratch his nose at same time....should we?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
achi4u: Bia ur questions dosen't hold any water.
In which way do we bow down to any graving images
Without the image of Jesus and some ancient prophets your faith would have been ruin.
When you see the image of Christ hanging on the cross of calvery...what comes to ur mind
The Bulletin ur castigating was an extracts from the holy scripture.

Mind u Catholic helps in preserving what xtians is all about.
There's no way "alone ranger" pastor will confuse to thread his path which is very narrow.

In my own opinion, all xtians are the same in one God but only our church building and aspirations may differ.

have I answered u?grin

Quote one scripture in the bible that support these claims of yours

...I am waiting
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
I also guess that when you kneel before those statues and kiss them and pick out your chaplets in prayer while kneeling before them that what you are doing is resting from too much walking about.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by achi4u(m): 11:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
free2ryhme: That is what is wrong with you Catholics, you take what you want, that makes sense to you, because that's what you were taught from those who knew no different themselves, and leave all else, as if it doesn't even exist!!! Well, I'm sorry, but when you accept God, then you accept ALL of God, not just what your church tells you to!!!
Well you can put it the way u want it.
I wonder who should be advising Who to accept Christ?
Its all boiled down to what ur fellow man preaches and brainwash you every sunday
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
at least, we can hire a tired party to see who have been hoping on one leg and trying to scratch his nose at same time....should we?

answer the question and quit your hide and seek game
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
achi4u: Well you can put it the way u want it.
Its all boiled down to what ur fellow man preaches and brainwash you every sunday

Have you seen a zombie in your life? Look in the mirror. Your puppet master is in the Vatican. You need to cut your strings because as time passes you are becoming more and more like a zombie from the lies of the Popes and the priests and your beloved church
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by achi4u(m): 11:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Oh suddenly you dont know the images? Do you not have images of whom or what you think Jesus looks like as statues? Do you not have images of what you think mary looks like as statues? Do you not have images even of what you think baby Jesus looked like? Sacred heart of this and that? I pray you to please tell me that you dont have them
Hahahaha without those images your faith will be in danger, I wonder why the Mother church allow you ppl to escape?
mtcheeew!cheesy
...and they keep spreading like airborn disease grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
If you can find one place in the bible where God promotes graven images and where he promotes bowing or kneeling to them please point it out to me so that i also can be updated because i want to know more. Perhaps i have been the one who has been wrong all along by not making graven images myself and not bowing before them. Please show me so i can repent.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

What is christ still looking for on your cross? Is he still there? Is he forever to hang on the cross? His death alone on the cross did not bring you salvation, rather his death and resurrection did. Get updated!
...hmm, the fact we have the crucifix doesnt mean that we dont beleive he has resurrected... That is a symbol to all showing eaxactly how he suffered and died on the cross...his cruxificion is a symbolic event.

And with other images or graven images as you call it, it is also a symbol.

And nobody is bowing down to it....rather we regard with respect what those symbols stand for.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
achi4u: Hahahaha without those images your faith will be in danger, I wonder why the Mother church allow you ppl to escape?
mtcheeew!cheesy
...and they keep spreading like airborn disease grin
;

You can shove ur images. We do not need them and never will
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by achi4u(m): 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
free2ryhme:

Quote one scripture in the bible that support these claims of yours

...I am waiting
Your guest is as good as mine.
Just repent and come back home.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...hmm, the fact we have the crucifix doesnt mean that we dont beleive he has resurrected... That is a symbol to all showing eaxactly how he suffered and died on the cross...his cruxificion is a symbolic event.

And with other images or graven images as you call it, it is also a symbol.

And nobody is bowing down to it....rather we regard with respect what those symbols stand for.

Oh now the language changes. So what you do not is regard with respect? Is your respectful regard in your mind or an outward show of bowing or kneeling? Are the symbols your ticket to heaven? You leave the living and look for the dead.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
achi4u: Your guest is as good as mine.

You name should be Ignorachi because you are so ignorant of the truth and it hurts to think that you assume that you are making sense on this forum
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Oh now the language changes. So what you do not is regard with respect? Is your respectful regard in your mind or an outward show of bowing or kneeling? Are the symbols your ticket to heaven? You leave the living and look for the dead.
.. I am correcting you...nobody is bowing down to the images, we venerate what those images stand for...
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by achi4u(m): 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
I think am done with you guys.

May God have mercy on us all.

Amen.

night.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:00am On Aug 18, 2013
achi4u: Well you can put it the way u want it.

brainwashing is better than keeping my kids away from pedophiles

or what do you think
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:00am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
.. I am correcting you...nobody is bowing down to the images, we venerate what those images stand for...

venerating by bowing down

undecided
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2013
achi4u: Your guest is as good as mine.

You Catholics truly need to study your scriptures as Jesus commaned!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

When the catholic church wants to deceive you they use a word like Venerate. But allow me to show you the meanings of the word Venerate.

Synonyms for venerate
adore, deify, glorify, revere, reverence, worship

Is there any word there that looks familiar?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by achi4u(m): 12:04am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

You name should be Ignorachi because you are so ignorant of the truth and it hurts to think that you assume that you are making sense on this forum
Ok.
You have known the truth and you have seen the light and the road that lead to heaven?
Your lucky am nt fully prepared to show you something to night,maybe some other time.

have a nice weekend.

gringrin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 18, 2013
In your attempt to Venerate as you put it you are deifying idols, glorifying them and worshiping them. Still think that what you do is Veneration?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:06am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

venerating by bowing down

undecided

how do you show great respect to someone?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:06am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

When the catholic church wants to deceive you they use a word like Venerate. But allow me to show you the meanings of the word Venerate.

Synonyms for venerate
adore, deify, glorify, revere, reverence, worship

Is there any word there that looks familiar?

Thank you my friend for the support. My heart does go out to the catholic people. They need their eyes opened.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

Oh now its no longer veneration but you actually do bow as a show of great respect. Case closed. You have judged yourself.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:07am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

respect to mummies, corpse, skeletons of dead people and graven images

where is that in the bible
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

respect to mummies, corpse, skeletons of dead people and graven images

where is that in the bible

grin no its veneration LWTMB
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:09am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

grin no its veneration LWTMB

i thot as much

grin grin
grin grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:10am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia: In your attempt to Venerate as you put it you are deifying idols, glorifying them and worshiping them. Still think that what you do is Veneration?
we venerate what those symbols stand for....and not the graven image.
Is that hard to understand?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
we venerate what those symbols stand for....and not the graven image.
Is that hard to understand?

And what do they stand for? The same supposedly divine beings God said you shouldnt make graven images of and is clearly written in his ten commandments?

" “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Are those my words or the words of God?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by achi4u(m): 12:13am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

You Catholics truly need to study your scriptures as Jesus commaned!
That's where you'r wrong, you shouldn't read the bible just to prepare you for an attack to other churches!

It is too much studying ur scriptures that brings about too many chaos in the christiandom,
Read ur bible to the glory of God and leave catholic alone, ,,the problem facing all this petty churches are uncountable...face it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

TB Joshua's Prophecies For Individuals In 2013 / Valerian Okeke Builds House For Physically Challenged Girl In Nteje, Anambra / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.