Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33339 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
we venerate what those symbols stand for....and not the graven image.
Is that hard to understand?

If you say you venerate, God is against your veneration. if you say you venerate what those symbols represent, God is still against it. So why do you disobey God? Because your church said you should. The ten commandments in Exodus 20 was written by the finger of God Himself. Prove me wrong
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:18am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
we venerate what those symbols stand for....and not the graven image.
Is that hard to understand?

...and you cant find any scripture in the bible to support your claims, right?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:19am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

And what do they stand for? The same supposedly divine beings God said you shouldnt make graven images of and is clearly written in his ten commandments?

" “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Are those my words or the words of God?
..we do not worship those images. We only venerate what it stands for..
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

...and you cant find any scripture in the bible to support your claims, right?

If i want to tell my friend i respect him i will simply say I venerate you my friend. lol grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

Stop stuttering i heard u the first time.Just point your pretty finger to any scripture reference that supports your veneration of what the graven images symbolize
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

You are still arguing and saying we do not worship those images. We only venerate what it stands for even after reading the portion of the ten commandments i posted where God Himself clearly said no to it? Why did you allow yourself to be deceived to this extent? God still Loves you and wishes that you know the truth and stop being fed with lies. You soul is precious to Him. Please read my last few posts again in case you didnt understand the first time
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:22am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

we don hear oooo

Show me a scripture.

Simple !

or am i asking for too much undecided
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by achi4u(m): 12:23am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

If you say you venerate, God is against your veneration. if you say you venerate what those symbols represent, God is still against it. So why do you disobey God? Because your church said you should. The ten commandments in Exodus 20 was written by the finger of God Himself. Prove me wrong
hahahaha it is ur type will go to war because ur pastor says go!
Yea! ur were right! afterall aren't there his uses his fingers to write grin

oyibo don finish us
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 18, 2013
achi4u: hahahaha it is ur type will go to war because ur pastor says go!

oyibo don finish us

Shooting blanks as usual with no foundation
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by achi4u(m): 12:27am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
Nne the earlier u understand this ppl with their antics the better.
This are ppl who goes to practice speaking in tonguesgringrin
abracadabra
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 18, 2013
achi4u: Nne the earlier u understand this ppl with their antics the better.
This are ppl who goes to practice speaking in tonguesgringrin
abracadabra

Why answering you would be a waste of time is simply because you had to ask a ridiculous question like "who created God"a few months ago and that you are searching for God. Can you search for Him? You cannot find him even if he was right in front of you. Rather He is searching for you. Make yourself available and He will reveal the truth to you
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:31am On Aug 18, 2013
achi4u: hahahaha it is ur type will go to war because ur pastor says go!

oyibo don finish us

is that all you could say

and yet you cant quote one scripture to defend anything u say

funny how catholic rituals are the same as satanic ones.. to the letter
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:32am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

...God is against us showing great respect for him and all those he favoured?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

and the best way to show God this respect is via graven images which the same God you claim to show respect to said you should not make? Keep on Venerating.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

is that all you could say

and yet you cant quote one scripture to defend anything u say

funny how catholic rituals are the same as satanic ones.. to the letter

He is ignorant of a lot of things pls ignore him
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:37am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

You are still arguing and saying we do not worship those images. We only venerate what it stands for even after reading the portion of the ten commandments i posted where God Himself clearly said no to it? Why did you allow yourself to be deceived to this extent? God still Loves you and wishes that you know the truth and stop being fed with lies. You soul is precious to Him. Please read my last few posts again in case you didnt understand the first time
...God loves me of course but I am sticking to my beleif.... Let his wrath fall on me.

Come to think of it, I wonder why his punishment hasnt fallen on my grandparents , my parents and me....

If you think I am being deceived and have sold my soul to the devil, can you do me just one favour?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...God loves me of course but I am sticking to my beleif.... Let his wrath fall on me.

Come to think of it, I wonder why his punishment hasnt fallen on my grandparents , my parents and me....

If you think I am being deceived and have sold my soul to the devil, can you do me just one favour?

Once again i tell you we are not in the dispensation of Judgement but of Grace for now. The presence of Grace doesnt make us sinless it rather gives us opportunity to change from our sinful ways. He derives no pleasure at the death of a sinner but wishes that all would come to repentance. Why did you allow yourself to be deceived to this extent? God still Loves you and wishes that you know the truth and stop being fed with lies. You soul is precious to Him.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:40am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

Everything that God the Father has done, Satan has mimicked, EVERYTHING!!!! That includes His church, Christ's followers

you need no penance, no confession of sin to a man, no Eucharist, no blood, no hail Marys, simply believe on Him!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:41am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

haven't you heard of grace

God is not evil
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

Everything that God the Father has done, Satan has mimicked, EVERYTHING!!!! That includes His church, Christ's followers

you need no penance, no confession of sin to a man, no Eucharist, no blood, no hail Marys, simply believe on Him!

As many as received him to them gave He power to be called the sons of GOD even unto them that believe in His name. Glory be to God. How simple salvation is. It does not need any work from us. Just for us to receive the finished work. Halleluiah
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

The belief you claim to be sticking with is it actually your belief or is it the belief the catholic church offered you as their version of the truth. You have a mind given to you by God.... use it and get the truth for yourself. You owe your eternity that much. Find out the truth for yourself!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:49am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

and the best way to show God this respect is via graven images which the same God you claim to show respect to said you should not make? Keep on Venerating.
...lol, like I said, they are symbols..... Some of those that have actually contributed to the spread of the christian faith. It wasnt made for the purpose of worshipping them....which includes that of Jesus and Mary.
Graven images , to my understanding, are carved figures of a God used as an Idol...
Yes, those symbols were made, but not for the purpose of worshipping it....
Exodus 20 vs 4
You shall not make yourself any graven image (to worship it).......
Amplified bible version....
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:53am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

As many as received him to them gave He power to be called the sons of GOD even unto them that believe in His name. Glory be to God. How simple salvation is. It does not need any work from us. Just for us to receive the finished work. Halleluiah
...and in a situation whereby I refuse to accept him, what happens?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:54am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

beliefs does not take one to heaven only Jesus .

He is the way, the truth and the light

receive him into your life
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:55am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...and in a situation whereby I refuse to accept him, what happens?

Jesus is patience and kind
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:55am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

haven't you heard of grace

God is not evil
none of you is ready to grant me the favour?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...lol, like I said, they are symbols..... Some of those that have actually contributed to the spread of the christian faith. It wasnt made for the purpose of worshipping them....which includes that of Jesus and Mary.
Graven images , to my understanding, are carved figures of a God used as an Idol...
Yes, those symbols were made, but not for the purpose of worshipping it....
Exodus 20 vs 4
You shall not make yourself any graven image (to worship it).......
Amplified bible version....

You know the devil is very subtle. He is wiser than every man on this earth. The only wisdom greater than his is the wisdom of God which is Christ Himself. Carry out a simple online study of your catholic church and their links with graven images and idol worship and you would think again.

I speak the way i do because i attended a catholic school so i saw all this with my very eyes. I even read the catechism so i know it but placing all you do side by side with the word of God is like putting light and darkness together. they can never mix
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:56am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

Jesus is patience and kind
...and I still dont?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:56am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
none of you is ready to grant me the favour?

what favour?

I cant give you what Only Jesus Can
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 12:57am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...and I still dont?

Revelation 3:20

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:58am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

You know the devil is very subtle. He is wiser than every man on this earth. The only wisdom greater than his is the wisdom of God which is Christ Himself. Carry out a simple online study of your catholic church and their links with graven images and idol worship and you would think again.

I speak the way i do because i attended a catholic school so i saw all this with my very eyes. I even read the catechism so i know it but placing all you do side by side with the word of God is like putting light and darkness together. they can never mix
..so the Catholics are ''darkness'', right?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 12:59am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

what favour?

I cant give you what Only Jesus Can
...since you beleive that I have sold my soul to the devil, pls promise me you wont come to share a place with me in hell, pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) / TB Joshua's Prophecies For Individuals In 2013 / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.