Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss (20970 Views)

Governor Wike Appointed Ex-millitant Leader...egberi Papa As Asari-toro Lga Boss / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

Rank State PPP GDP (2010 in millions of USD)
1 Lagos State US$33,679
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Abia State US$18,687
4 Delta State US$16,749
5 Oyo State US$16,121
6 Imo State US$14,212
7 Kano State US$12,393
8 Edo State US$11,888
- Federal Capital Territory US$11,448
9 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
10 Ogun State US$10,470
11 Kaduna State US$10,334
12 Cross River State US$9,292
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
16 Anambra State US$6,764
17 Katsina State US$6,022
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
20 Plateau State US$5,154
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
24 Adamawa State US$4,582
25 Enugu State US$4,396
26 Bayelsa State US$4,337
27 Zamfara State US$4,123
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
31 Nassarawa State US$3,022
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011

Wiki things. lol. I would rather wait for the official stats coming soon. In any case, divide Oyo's GDP by the population and see what each person gets. Compare it to Imo and Abia you will see why Shoprite is closing soon in Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Now you see how difficult it is to prove who owns Lagos without defining what you mean?

Let me help you:

ACN Lagos recently said Igbos in Lagos are 45% of the population
Ngige (ACN Anambra) yesterday said Igbos are 25 % of Lagos population
We do not have a true census of Lagos showing the different ethnicities. However I believe the true answer lies in between those two figures

If Igbos are at the least 25% of Lagos, then Hausa/Fulani is what?, Edo Delta and Calabar and Rivers are what? Middle belters are what? Foreigners are what? Do the maths inyour brain and tell me what is left.

On Economy, list all the companies and bussineses (big and small) and subtract the Yoruba ones.
On nativity you would have to ask the Aworis and the Badagrians who truly owns Lagos and. However, on face value and not to prolong a needless argument, we all can assume that Lagos is a native Yorubaland.

And yes, Lagos govt has a right to make decisions, but the residents (Yoruba and non-Yoruba) also have a right to criticize such decisions if they need to.

Firstly, if anyone honestly thinks that Igbos form almost half of lagos then there could be a case for testing such with delusion and probably schizophrenia. Igbos will form about 20% at best but that is immaterial because at the end of the day, even if they form 90% of the population they are still immigrants there.

Secondly, your position about the economy of Lagos is a very faulty deduction. Lagos state because of its proximity to a port, relatively wealthier population and the fact that successive governments have been pragmatic enough to create a viable commercial environment for businesses to operate are the reasons why Lagos has attracted a lot of immigrants from other parts of the country. For example It is just like saying because that most of the investments in the Irish Economy is by American businesses then Ireland belongs to Americans- No, they have created an enabling environment to attract investment which is what Lagos has done very well - better than other parts of the country. As you will know, governments can also formulate policies if they feel that there are some maladjustments- remember how Obasanjo Government in the 70s expropriated British companies- turned British Petroleum to African petroleum etc.

As long as the land belongs to the Lagos government, they can legislate and enforce the laws they feel will be in the best interest of their citizens. I agree that both indigenes and residents have a right to criticise and protest but that will become unlawful if the LASG's decision becomes law.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

Lmao! Remove Lagos, why don't you remove your left leg and see how well you function.
There's no point removing any part of Yorubaland to satisfy your malicious fantasy.

Because the wealth of Lagos is more than 60% non-Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Koffiman:

u mean u are so dumb and bigotted that u did not comprehend this small news article. Ok! Let me educate u bigot. The Mushin LG chairman frowned at the inability of Paramo investment to remit the money accrued to council for yrs and not the traders. The traders do pay their tax and rent but Paramo do not pay to the council.

Mor.on, I bet you could not find the part which says since the market opened, Paramo has not been able to collect money accruable to them.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Lol you are ridiculous. You have discounted and disproved every evidence provided to him calling it wiki tings etc... can you kindly provide evidence for your claim?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Maybe and definitely not Ibo.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Midastouch1:

Firstly, if anyone honestly thinks that Igbos form almost half of lagos then there could be a case for testing such with delusion and probably schizophrenia. Igbos will form about 20% at best but that is immaterial because at the end of the day, even if they form 90% of the population they are still immigrants there.

Secondly, your position about the economy of Lagos is a very faulty deduction. Lagos state because of its proximity to a port, relatively wealthier population and the fact that successive governments have been pragmatic enough to create a viable commercial environment for businesses to operate are the reasons why Lagos has attracted a lot of immigrants from other parts of the country. For example It is just like saying because that most of the investments in the Irish Economy is by American businesses then Ireland belongs to Americans- No, they have created an enabling environment to attract investment which is what Lagos has done very well - better than other parts of the country. As you will know, governments can also formulate policies if they feel that there are some maladjustments- remember how Obasanjo Government in the 70s expropriated British companies- turned British Petroleum to African petroleum etc.

As long as the land belongs to the Lagos government, they can legislate and enforce the laws they feel will be in the best interest of their citizens. I agree that both indigenes and residents have a right to criticise and protest but that will become unlawful if their decision becomes law.

Have you been to the wharf in Lagos? Can you tell how many of the shippers are Yoruba? Does the wharf even belong to Lagos State? Lagos economy,whatever it is worth, belongs to Lagos of course. Only a foooooool will argue that. But for the primordial argument going on here, we need to be sure of who owns what in Lagos before we begin to brag. Thanks.

PS: You also forgot to add that Lagos was Nigeria's former capital developed very well with oil money coming from elsewhere.

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
Lagos Lagos Lagos
Is Akure not Yorubaland
Why are these noisemakers not crying about people in Akure
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
Lagos Lagos Lagos
Is Akure not Yorubaland
Ogbomosho nko
Why are these noisemakers not crying about people in Akure or Okitipupa
Lol
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
Midastouch1:

Lol you are ridiculous. You have discounted and disproved every evidence provided to him calling it wiki tings etc... can you kindly provide evidence for your claim?

From the wiki (which I personally don't like to work with), Abia is better than Oyo. But GDP alone is crap without looking at GDP-PPP, in which case even Imo is better than Oyo. But then those are paper figures. In reality Oyo is poor and the reasons is due to the amala-type existence that people like Adedibu bestowed on them. If Shoprite is already complaining few months after coming to Ibadan, it speaks volume about the disposable incomes of the people.

Igbo States (especially Abia and Anambra) due to the nature of their economies (indirect, personal, private) have no reliable GDP data. Anambra should be directly after Lagos and Rivers. But the people sabi hide their wealth so they do not pay taxes to the state.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
nwando:

What laws are they not obeying?
What Nigerian law is against democracy or you want everyone to live with your village kabiyesi mentality in 2013 Lagos
Sorry,light has come
You cannot inherit leadership by some archaic old fashioned Stoopid mentality and claim civilized
FYI
Igbos full gidi gba in Igboland,if you doubt me take a trip
The sea of heads in Aba,Enugu,Onitsha,Owerri and all points in between are mainly Igbos
We populate our places and populate the viable places in yours
We make it in out places and conquer yours too if need be
One Nigeria
Deal with it
A market that is populated 90% by Igbos refuses a Yoruba agbero as their leader and demands democracy is disobeying rules to you
Funny bunch
They are putting up a fight and you are here talking about it so obviously they are no push overs
Deal with it I say
This is not your tribal wars if old where you drew marks on your faces for ID
This is 2013

In America where you live a Texan is not forced unto congregation of Jews or Mexicans
They elect their own leaders in their enclave
That is the way it works there,don't get it twisted by Yoruba tribalistic mago mago

We love one Nigeria too. But the one Nigeria where you want to lord it over everybody. Where you have zero respect for others is one Nigeria where you can only find misery, from north to south.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by emiye(m): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
I laugh at the mischievous fellow who said shoprite is closing soon in Ib, a bigger one is opening by 2014.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Wiki things. lol. I would rather wait for the official stats coming soon. In any case, divide Oyo's GDP by the population and see what each person gets. Compare it to Imo and Abia you will see why Shoprite is closing soon in Ibadan.

Even what is quoted is against him

Lagos has enormous Igbo population,same with rivers
The third Abia is obviously Igbo and delta also has a large Igbo population so nothing spoil

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Have you been to the wharf in Lagos? Can you tell how many of the shippers are Yoruba? Does the wharf even belong to Lagos State? Lagos economywhatever it is worth, belongs to Lagos of course. Only a foooooool will argue that. But for the primordial argument going on here, we need to be sure of who owns what in Lagos before we begin to brag. Thanks.

PS: You also forgot to add that Lagos was Nigeria's former capital developed very well with oil money coming from elsewhere.

Who ships what into the country via Lagos is largely immaterial. I think you have failed to understand what I am trying to say to you, you are lucky that you have a very progressive people , the Yorubas that give you the opportunity to even do your business. Lagos state government can decide to close Ladipo and Alaba tomorrow and there is nothing you can do. I think you really overestimate Igbo wealth tbh. Igbos are largely present in the primary and tertiary sector while the Yorubas dominate the services which is what generates the most wealth. All the revenue from fake spare parts in Alaba in a Year is what Globacom makes every week.

Brov you really are barking at the wrong tree here
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

Maybe and definitely not Ibo.

Yoruba investment in Lagos can't be more than 30%. The rest are Igbos, middle belters, Hausa, Edo, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, multinationals and other foreigners (Indians/Lebanese etc).

Why not we pray that we do a census that stipulates ethnicity and source of livelihood in Nigeria?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

We love one Nigeria too. But the one Nigeria where you want to lord it over everybody. Where you have zero respect for others is one Nigeria where you can only find misery, from north to south.

Don't get it twisted
This topic is about 90% of a market population refusing an imposition and wanting a democratically elected leader
Why are you scared of democracy?
Must everything be by agbero method
Sorry sir
This is not when your fathers fought local wars between Ife and modakeke with hoes and cutlasses
The power of rulership lies in your votes in 2013
This is not your Oba enthronement where any eediot ascends the throne because his bloodline say so
Igbos do not subscribe to such
The people have to want you and the way to go about it is by an election and a majority vote
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

From the wiki (which I personally don't like to work with), Abia is better than Oyo. But GDP alone is crap without looking at GDP-PPP, in which case even Imo is better than Oyo. But then those are paper figures. In reality Oyo is poor and the reasons is due to the amala-type existence that people like Adedibu bestowed on them. If Shoprite is already complaining few months after coming to Ibadan, it speaks volume about the disposal incomes of the people.

Igbo States (especially Abia and Anambra) due to the nature of their economies (indirect, personal, private) have no reliable GDP data. Anambra should be directly after Lagos and Rivers. But the people sabi hide their wealth so they do not pay taxes to the state.

Is that the evidence for your comment that the wealth in Lagos is 60% Non Yoruba ^^^^
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
Midastouch1:

Who ships what into the country via Lagos is largely immaterial. I think you have failed to understand what I am trying to say to you, you are lucky that you have a very progressive people , the Yorubas that give you the opportunity to even do your business. Lagos state government can decide to close Ladipo and Alaba tomorrow and there is nothing you can do. I think you really overestimate Igbo wealth tbh. Igbos are largely present in the primary and tertiary sector while the Yorubas dominate the services which is what generates the most wealth. All the revenue from fake spare parts in Alaba in a Year is what Globacom makes every week.

Brov you really are barking at the wrong tree here

They close it and lose the revenues from them. Simple. If it was that easy, Yorubas would already be in charge of those places as the principal shop owners. Afterall, the land is Yorubaland, so why dont they rent the shops to Yorubas only? Look, there are things Igbos are born to do that Yoruba cannot do. I dare Lagos to close the markets. Besides, are you going to close Igbo companies (not market shops) in Lagos too. Globalcom is owned by IBB. It is a service company that produces nothing. Remove the Igbos who are the largest customers and let;s see how Glo survives.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

They close it and lose the revenues from them. Simple. If it was that easy, Yorubas would already be in charge of those places as the principal shop owners. Afterall, the land is Yorubaland, so why dont they rent the shops to Yorubas only? Look, there are things Igbos are born to do that Yoruba cannot do. I dare Lagos to close the markets. Besides, are you going to close Igbo companies (not market shops) in Lagos too.

I noticed you ignored the latter part of my post. grin I never said they will, I said they can and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. If they decide to , you lot can be easily replaced
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
[size=18pt]When will Yorubas realize that Ibos unnecessarily fear them? [/size]
. Na waa ooo. Since we are afraid of the yorubas, pls allow us to do our biz in peace. For those on nairaland who think they can eject the igbos from lagos, why not make good your threat instead of howling on a faceless forum. Keep shouting while the traders go about making their millions. Peace to all peace loving yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
Zenimart: . Na waa ooo. Since we are afraid of the yorubas, pls allow us to do our biz in peace. For those on nairaland who think they can eject the igbos from lagos, why not make good your threat instead of howling on a faceless forum. Keep shouting while the traders go about making their millions. Peace to all peace loving yorubas.

Errm 72 of your brothers and sisters were deported a few days ago. How come there hasnt been any retaliation? grin
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by eazzzy1(m): 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by manny4life(m): 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Biko nu ozugo .. cool cool cool
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
nwando:

Don't get it twisted
This topic is about 90% of a market population refusing an imposition and wanting a democratically elected leader
Why are you scared of democracy?
Must everything be by agbero method
Sorry sir
This is not when your fathers fought local wars between Ife and modakeke with hoes and cutlasses
The power of rulership lies in your votes in 2013

The queen of England is not elected is she? Does that stop the British from accepting her leadership? No. The babaloja is kind of like that, it is tradition. Accept it or ship out.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Midastouch1:

I noticed you ignored the latter part of my post. grin I never said they will, I said they can and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. If they decide to , you lot can be easily replaced

Replaced by who? I ask you why are Yorubas not dominating the markets in Lagos already?

Answer: only few Yorubas are rich and those are super rich (Otudeko, Adenuga, etc). In Yorubaland it is the same rich people being recycled and few new rich persons are coming into the club. So unless Otudeko etc buy the shops and give them out free to the masses of the Yorubas, only few can afford the rents Igbo boys pay in those shops.

In Igboland, wealth is more evenly spread and almost everyone can do stuff because they have reasonable disposable incomes.

Igbos abroad also send money home to their people than SW people abroad. If I tell you how much I send home periodically for one project or the other, you will know what that means for the millions of Igbos living abroad.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Zenimart: . Na waa ooo. Since we are afraid of the yorubas, pls allow us to do our biz in peace. For those on nairaland who think they can eject the igbos from lagos, why not make good your threat instead of howling on a faceless forum. Keep shouting while the traders go about making their millions. Peace to all peace loving yorubas.

Abi o
Igbos are happily buying Isi Ewu from Yoruba goat sellers in Onitsha bridgehead without qualms
Why can't they allow people carry out their business in Lagos in peace
It's not like they are in some Yoruba hinterland

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

The queen of England is not elected is she? Does that stop the British from accepting her leadership? No. The babaloja is kind of like that, it is tradition. Accept it or ship out.

Wrong analogy. UK is a monarchy. Nigeria is not.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

An agbero is now being compared to monarchy?
Nothing persin no go hear

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Wrong analogy. UK is a monarchy. Nigeria is not.

Small time they will tell you amala and ofe nmanu should be the staple diet in Ladipo

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
nwando:

An agbero is now being compared to monarchy?
Nothing persin no go hear
LMAO. Their Obas are touts. One of then raped a youth corp recently. Another was fighting his wife in public and many have been chased out by their subordinates for bad behaviors. So he can see a common tout going by the fake name of babaloja as someone to compare to the Queen of England.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
eazzzy1:

Why didn't you reply dayokanu? He hit the mace so hard on your flat head, We talking ladipo you talking akure, The result of the pummel?

I have noticed you dear
Read my responses again
I hardly respond to fly by night monikers I don't recognize but today is your lucky day
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by comrChris(m): 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
[quote
author=logica]LMAO. Are the Igbo traders that indisposable? Dem do
jazz? You mean they cannot be replaced? What does it take to set up a
kiosk and stock with goods?[/quote] ##### hw can someone who hardly eat 3square meal aday replace a shop worth thousands n millions of naira?pls yorubas shud knw dey stil v a longway 2go in eradicatng poverty in deir lyf n stop being enemies of progress

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT / PDP And APC Thugs Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / 2019 Elections: CAN Is Mobilizing Christians To Vote Against Muslims - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.