Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss (20981 Views)

Governor Wike Appointed Ex-millitant Leader...egberi Papa As Asari-toro Lga Boss / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by PStacks(m): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
Are you serious it belongs to Mushin Local govt? shocked

Somebody tell me something!

I tot it belonged to Sabon Geri Local Govt area in Kano..

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by manny4life(m): 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
Enugu4life:

In their own state? on their own land? the Igbos are renting not owners. They can impose any leader they want. Again I ask you where in Iboland do you have a market named after a Yoruba person or a market headed by a non-indigene?

My friend, the report stated that the land was LEASED not rent, and NO they cannot impose any leader they want. The way a lease works is different from rent, they cannot impose anyone on them if they know they want their lease not to be annulled.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by abu12: 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
We they no landlord and tenant now
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by dayokanu(m): 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
The real owners of the Market and land have spoken

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by 2mch(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
Lmfao. Those who can't pay rent must be evicted out of the market to make space for those who can. And who says paramo doesn't belong to the Oba or royal house in mushin ? Babaoloja come and take your rightful place
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by moodswing(m): 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
tpia@:

I think you are the one not comprehending here.

Reread the post.

The hospital was relocated because the govt didn't want to site it near a market. You speak like a market was built in place of the hospital.

The hospital in question was built elsewhere other than the site of the market. Kapish?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by abdulkayus(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
ferdimako:

Nobody is more open and nomadic like Ibos. Is not in your gene! If you want taxes the marketers will give you but you don't have any right to impose anybody as their leader. If it is Hausa people now, Yorubas will give them Kwara state.

and y would Yorubas give Kwara to Hausa? Its ppl like u dat always cause d disharmony btw d Kwaran, kogites and other Yorubas. Are u more Yoruba than dos Yoruba frm Kwara and Kogi.
U are a backstabber, hypocrite and unpatriotic.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Godmann(m): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
Lies will never work.

If and when Mushin maked Ladipo unbearable, Igbos will relocate. Go ask Lagos Island boys who use to feed from Idumota traders.

When Lagos become unbearable, Yorubas will pay transport to come to Onitsha and PH to purchase thier goods.

What has been written by God has been written. No cutting corners will help

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by desydivy: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aguiyi-Ironsi International Market was named after a slain head of state of our dear country Nigeria, no
jas_o: This is one of our tremendous lapses! How can we name Yoruba market in Igbo’s name? Our accommodating strength is now working against us all.
We need to wake up now and get thing done. Tinubu should fight for his people if he truly genuine about good governance for SW in a situation where Nigeria fail to work.
Ngige once a governor in the state before coming to ACN and his performance is what earned him senator. If you like vote him and if you don’t- that’s your problem. After all, it is your state.
We owe nobody obligation as to whatever policy we adopt in our land. You too go and do your own in your state and encourage your Governor make your state market friendly so that nobody formulate or find yourself scape coat of apt policy.

desydivy:
Was Aguiyi-Ironsi not the former head of state of Nigeria, you dont want the Ibos but you fought for 31 months to keep them with you in Nigeria. You go about crying that they want to take over your land, you should blame your leaders especially Awo

Are you kidding me, Aguiyi-Ironsi International Market was named afetr a slain Nigeria head of state that was killed in Oyo State (Yoruba)

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by tpia5: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
moodswing:

The hospital was relocated because the govt didn't want to site it near a market. You speak like a market was built in place of the hospital.

The hospital in question was built elsewhere other than the site of the market. Kapish?

The land was originally earmarked to be used as a hospital.

It should NOT have been switched to a market, i assume the initial blueprint took the location factors into consideration.

Issues like these are the reason nigeria refuses to develop. Is healthcare not important?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by IleIfe2(m): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
Godman_n: Lies will never work.

If and when Mushin maked Ladipo unbearable, Igbos will relocate. Go ask Lagos Island boys who use to feed from Idumota traders.

When Lagos become unbearable, Yorubas will pay transport to come to Onitsha and PH to purchase thier goods.

What has been written by God has been written. No cutting corners will help

Come to Onitsha? you felt good after saying that right? grin Coming to Aba or Onitsha is not the problem. let me repost grin grin

Ile-Ife:

Going back to the east or not is never the problem, are non-indigenous people and foreigners safe in to come and buy in the east? There was a time in Nigeria that going to Aba was the In thing for small business owners. What did you people do, you unleashed the most ruthless armed robbers you have, ritual killers, skilled snatch thieves etc on everybody.

If igbos leave anywhere today, nobody will miss them. Infact, people will be grateful. For the legitimate business owners, all you do is sell, you don't have that much economic power, you depend on consumers that are not willing to come to the east to buy. You don't provide employment, you rather have a distant cousin than even a fellow ibo, non-ibos stand no chance grin. When you leave, Someone else will sell whatever you are selling and pay taxes. United or divided, ibos will always self destruct. Sure Banker.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
KenGali: Thank God the agreement had no term specifying any Babloja or whatever, so that one has gone into the lagoon.
Secondly, their are appropriate laws regulating land leases, which prohibit undue interference. The leases could not have been signed under Yoruba Law, but the land ownership laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. All lands belong to the Federal Government, the original occupancy rights belong to whatever company, the immediate occupancy rights by the extension of the lease agreement, belong to the traders. They have every right to occupy what they paid for, for the time they paid for it without undue interference.

Lands don't belong to the federal government olodo. Land belongs to the state governments under the Land Use Act.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by sexkillzisacunt: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
Enugu4life:

In their own state? on their own land? the Igbos are renting not owners. They can impose any leader they want. Again I ask you where in Iboland do you have a market named after a Yoruba person or a market headed by a non-indigene?
Fake guy! So you just created an account today to use in pretending to be an Igbo guy? Sorry for your life

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

This is part of Yoruba problem, right here in bold. We allow Ibo to name markets. We ceded authority over our land to them long ago. Markets should be named by LG. How can you have a Babaloja over Aguiyi-Ironsi Market? Is Aguiyi-Ironsi a Yoruba name?

How many Fajuyi markets are in East? Do they have an Adekunle market in Iboland?

We slept at the steering too long my brothers and sisters. We need an outcry against this practice.

And yet a Murtala muhammed airport sits in your heartland as it's most prominent feature and not a whimper from the goats that think like you
But you cry over a freaking market
Useless sissified imbeciles
Perhaps you need an education on who aguiyi Ironsi was and what he represented
Seems like elementary education eluded you shameless blockhead

5 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Enugu4life: 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
sexkillzisacunt: Fake guy! So you just created an account today to use in pretending to be an Igbo guy? Sorry for your life

What is your business with me? Why are you people following me about. Attack the post not the poster mate.

After all and said Ladipo market is Lagos state property and they can appoint any leader they want- do you have a problem with that?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by 1oracle(m): 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

This is part of Yoruba problem, right here in bold. We allow Ibo to name markets. We ceded authority over our land to them long ago. Markets should be named by LG. How can you have a Babaloja over Aguiyi-Ironsi Market? Is Aguiyi-Ironsi a Yoruba name?

How many Fajuyi markets are in East? Do they have an Adekunle market in Iboland?

We slept at the steering too long my brothers and sisters. We need an outcry against this practice.
The problem is not on the name of the market, mushin LGA, Lagos State government or the Babaloja, the problem is on the structure of the so called One Nigeria. Until the structural problem of One Nigeria is addressed, we will continue to live in delusion of having a one Nigeria.
If i may ask, how many yorubas are in the south east markets as we have Igbos in the markets in south west? Can you mention any market in south east dominated by Yorubas?
One Nigeria is a project that will never work. We are divided in between ethnic and religious line.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
TouchDown:

Lands don't belong to the federal government olodo. Land belongs to the state governments under the Land Use Act.

Mr Smart, go read your laws. All lands belong to the Federal Government. the state Governor is only invested as a custodian . A land Administrator to break it down further for your brain.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
Enugu4life:

What is your business with me? Why are you people following me about. Attack the post not the poster mate.

After all and said Ladipo market is Lagos state property and they can appoint any leader they want- do you have a problem with that?
Yes, Ladipo Market is a leased private business property, Lagos State Government is only entitled to tax, not leadership.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ok oooooooooo!!!
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Enugu4life: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
KenGali:
Yes, Ladipo Market is a leased private business property, Lagos State Government is only entitled to tax, not leadership.

You seem to be really informed about this, if you do not wish to accept the newly appointed Babaloja. Why not go to court and take your chances. Just one question, are the markets in Aba full up?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Enugu4life: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
sexkillzisacunt: Are you ashamed of being Yoruba? Why create a new handle to pretned to be an Igbo guy?

Well guess what - my name is Chief Emeka Kenneth Tuns. Get used to it. I just think my people are just so full of themselves and have no respect for Lagosians that have accommodated us for many years. This is not our land
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2013
1oracle:
The problem is not on the name of the market, mushin LGA, Lagos State government or the Babaloja, the problem is on the structure of the so called One Nigeria. Until the structural problem of One Nigeria is addressed, we will continue to live in delusion of having a one Nigeria.
If i may ask, how many yorubas are in the south east markets as we have Igbos in the markets in south west? Can you mention any market in south east dominated by Yorubas?
One Nigeria is a project that will never work. We are divided in between ethnic and religious line.

[size=15pt]How many places are named after Yorubas in Iboland?

Would Ibo's tribalism ever let Yorubas into their politics? Yet you expect Yorubas to do the same? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Napoleondegreat: 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
Enugu4life:

where in Igbo land do u have a market in which yorubas are 99% of all the traders in the market?. Answer this question and stop claiming to be Igbo. The concept of one Nigeria will begin to work the moment we start seeing ourselves beyond the prism of tribalism. Just because a market is situated in yorubaland makes it right for a yoruba man to head it without giving the people concerned chance to chose their leader. Another way of saying because you and your family are living in yorubaland therefore a yoruba man should be the head of ur family

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Enugu4life: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Napoleondegreat:

where in Igbo land do u have a market in which yorubas are 99% of all the traders in the market?. Answer this question and stop claiming to be Igbo. The concept of one Nigeria will begin to work the moment we start seeing ourselves beyond the prism of tribalism. Just because a market is situated in yorubaland makes it right for a yoruba man to head it without giving the people concerned chance to chose their leader. Another way of saying because you and your family are living in yorubaland therefore a yoruba man should be the head of ur family

Shaarrrrapp my friend! The bolded part shows you are either an illiterate or just plain stupid or else how can you use such a useless analogy- EWU!

You equating Ladipo market to a family- Mkpi! You are tenants on another man's land - respect their decision to install the new Honorable Babalajo and accept his authority.

What equal opportunities do you have for other tribes in your towns and villages??

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
Enugu4life:

You seem to be really informed about this, if you do not wish to accept the newly appointed Babaloja. Why not go to court and take your chances. Just one question, are the markets in Aba full up?
No need to go to court, the Babaloja should go to court if he has a mandate.
No the markets in Aba a thriving and full of life, I already have a shop there too. You see all my shops in Aba, Kano and Lagos were leased from people who I did not force to lease them out.
They are not on charity either, I paid for them with a Nigeria legal tender. Do call me if you need a shop in Aba, am sure we can do business.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by daminho(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
With wat I have experienced in the southern Nigeria....I have dis conclusion: 1. Igbos are tribalistic ....I used to be free minded towards every tribes...cos I have Igbo and Hausa friends, but since I came to the south, av changed my mindset and views about The so called "one Nigeria"....igbos are paranoid about Yoruba, I think its a long suffering disease...they claimed we are dominant in the oil sector...dis and dat, shior ..its a pity, FYI if u nid a remainder LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Edoboy1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

.......why this sooooo much hatrd for the Ibos by the yorubas? How can u manage to hate somebody you don't know or has done nothing to you? How can you judge a whole tribe by the sins of few? Our problem in this country is not the North or dividing. We are simply selfish,self centered,miopic and too tribal. You people need to change, as nobody lives forever, not even the land you claim to belong to you. Na wa o. I dey fear una

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by sexkillzisacunt: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
Enugu4life:

Well guess what - my name is Chief Emeka Kenneth Tuns. Get used to it. I just think my people are just so full of themselves and have no respect for Lagosians that have accommodated us for many years. This is not our land
Keep deceiving yourself Chief lol. You are not Igbo, you created this fake account today to fool yourself.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

5 Times Wole Soyinka Criticised Pres. Buhari This Year / Nigerians Storm NASS To Protest Removal Of Electronic Votes Transmission in Bill / APC Presidential Aspirants Sign undertaking not to decamp after primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.