Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18247 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by yiboboy: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2013
Tribal warlords and warladies, ona dey craze oooh!

Had to call my peeps in Lagos over the weekend to confirm there's no civil war going on in Lagaos! angry Una dey find who una go give BP baa?

@ OAM4J, pls don't relent, I'm with you all the way. I think the next step is to organize a kind of parley where we invite all the known tribalist, pls ensure onlytruth sits next to Aigbofa, desola sits next to Biafranqueen. . .u get the drift? cheesy
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 05, 2013
Nigerian Politics and Tribalism are deeply intertwined.

The Yoruba man may be besties with the Igbo man in every sector of life...but when it comes to politics, its a different story.

Nigerian Politics is essentially a brutal fight for resources and this is bound to be reflected in online discourse...

Proof? Have the incessant bans actually changed anything on here?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by homesteady(m): 8:05am On Aug 05, 2013
I just went to google Yoruba are!! And the results I saw there were not funny!!
Tribal bashing must stop!! Its gradually getting into me in the physical
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by goldfish80(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

What did Ilugunboy did, that people like Manny4life did not do?

The problem with people like you is that you are very fast in apportioning blames to those that you see as threats or not representing your own warped interest.

People from both side of the divides were guilty and no point singling out an individual
Cut the crap, ilugunboy has been running around here making direct threats propagating war cries and threatning genocide against all Ibo's staying in Lagos.Its exaclty people like you that fan the ambers of tribal hate here.
Infact some yoruba dude was talking about using eggs to develop bombs to kill Ibos in mass going further to claim he will kill over 300 Ibos in his locality, at that point i had to challenge him to a face2face confrontation he ran away.
Manny4life as I observed was on the defesnive in all that, he asked Ibos to defend themseves atall cost. And in that case frankly, with the egg bomb threats and genocide by iluogunboy and the other niqqa, I agreed with manny4life no less.
If anyone can't see the Yoruba's are the agressors here should layoff his/her rose tinted spectacles.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by AjanleKoko: 10:05am On Aug 05, 2013
Personally, I've found the NL tribal wars quite informative, as it reflects the deeply-rooted feeling within the grassroots of Nigeria. At least we now know how we all truly feel about each other. That's a start. wink

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2013
Yorubas must finally accept the consequences of the one Nigeria that Adekunle fought hard for.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 05, 2013
goldfish80:
Cut the crap, ilugunboy has been running around here making direct threats propagating war cries and threatning genocide against all Ibo's staying in Lagos.Its exaclty people like you that fan the ambers of tribal hate here.
Infact some yoruba dude was talking about using eggs to develop bombs to kill Ibos in mass going further to claim he will kill over 300 Ibos in his locality, at that point i had to challenge him to a face2face confrontation he ran away.
Manny4life as I observed was on the defesnive in all that, he asked Ibos to defend themseves atall cost. And in that case frankly, with the egg bomb threats and genocide by iluogunboy and the other niqqa, I agreed with manny4life no less.
If anyone can't see the Yoruba's are the agressors here layoff his/her rose tinted spectacles.
goldfish is this you? I can see you've been pushed to the wall.

U were neutral before, what warranted the sudden change and efight? Nwannem iweghi adina oku

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 05, 2013
Nigerian_Constitution_Chapter_4:

41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2013
Nigerian_Constitution_Chapter_4:

43. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, every citizen of Nigeria shall have the right to acquire and own immovable property anywhere in Nigeria.

44. (1) No moveable property or any interest in an immovable property shall be taken possession of compulsorily and no right over or interest in any such property shall be acquired compulsorily in any part of Nigeria except in the manner and for the purposes prescribed by a law that, among other things -
(a) requires the prompt payment of compensation therefore and
(b) gives to any person claiming such compensation a right of access
for the determination of his interest in the property and the amount
of compensation to a court of law or tribunal or body having
jurisdiction in that part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by goldfish80(m): 10:50am On Aug 05, 2013
nne3870:
goldfish is this you? I can see you've been pushed to the wall.

U were neutral before, what warranted the sudden change and efight? Nwannem iweghi adina oku
My dear, before joining nairaland I used to assume it was a feel good forum till i stumbled upon the perpetual hate comments/threads by people like dayokanu,ilugunboy,desole,texas girl etall. Then I knew what really this place was all about. As hummans,we all have our limits,mine was the continous jibes at those kids/mothers who died durring the biafra war by the yoruba bigots, for God's sake what has these kids done to these people? And to think they are the ones who are whinning and pinning from page1 to page9 on this thread really underlines what a crazy enclave this place is.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 05, 2013
goldfish80:
My dear, before joining nairaland I used to assume it was a feel good forum till i stumbled upon the perpetual hate comments/threads by people like dayokanu,ilugunboy,desole,texas girl etall. Then I knew what really this place was all about. As hummans,we all have our limits,mine was the continous jibes at those kids/mothers who died durring the biafra war by the yoruba bigots, for God's sake what has these kids done to these people? And to think they are the ones who are whinning and pinning from page1 to page9 on this thread really underlines what a crazy enclave this place is.
Dont mind them. After whining online about Igbos, they will go home to their Lagos neigborhood surrounded by Igbos, cowgirl will be wishing an Igbo boy comes to toast her, all their shopping will be done in Igbo-owned shops, the list goes on . . .

Don't worry, the Yoruba bigots must accept One Nigeria and all that comes with it.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by papparatzzi2013: 11:07am On Aug 05, 2013
quid:
Dont mind them. After whining online about Igbos, they will go home to their Lagos neigborhood surrounded by Igbos, cowgirl will be wishing an Igbo boy comes to toast her, all their shopping will be done in Igbo-owned shops, the list goes on . . .

Don't worry, the Yoruba bigots must accept One Nigeria and all that comes with it.

MOD your partialityis obvious. How an earth have you not ban Quid and others have been. See his comment again.People are calling for truce and you want to start another round. We are watching

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by papparatzzi2013: 11:08am On Aug 05, 2013
quid:

MOD your partiality is obvious. How an earth have you not ban Quid and others have been. See his comment again.People are calling for truce and you want to start another round. We are watching
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

MOD your partiality is obvious. How an earth have you not ban Quid and others have been. See his comment again.People are calling for truce and you want to start another round. We are watching
hahahahahahaha....I have been banned and un-banned. Thanks be to God.

Don't watch. Just love Igbos with all your heart.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by papparatzzi2013: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2013
goldfish80:

so all the jibes of ibos of yorubas are cowards, dirty, backstabbers should have been ignored without replying you. check the history and you will realise who started this. not hose people you mentioned, you people started it first.

we are watching again.

Seun you need to put your house in order.

4 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 05, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

so all the jibes of ibos of yorubas are cowards, dirty, backstabbers should have been ignored without replying you. check the history and you will realise who started this. not hose people you mentioned, you people started it first.

we are watching again.

Do you love me now?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by papparatzzi2013: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2013
quid:

If any thread of bashing emanates from your people again, with the connivance of the biased MODs, we will reply swiftly. if you like ban us 1billion times.

brotherly love will continue to exist once there is mutual respect. One luv
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by papparatzzi2013: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2013
quid:

If any thread of bashing emanates again, with the active connivance of biased MODs, we will respond swiftly and accordingly.

Mutual respect is the path of honourable men.

We are watching and brotherly love to all.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 05, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

If any thread of bashing emanates again, with the active connivance of biased MODs, we will respond swiftly and accordingly.

Mutual respect is the path of honourable men.

We are watching and brotherly love to all.
The only thing u need to watch is your need to fall in love with Igbos.

There is a song i like so much, Title: "Love Changes Everything". Sing it for your Igbo neighbors and babe
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by papparatzzi2013: 11:23am On Aug 05, 2013
quid:

There is a song i like so much, Title: "Love Changes Everything". Sing it for your Igbo neighbors and babe

Preach it first among your brethren. charity begins at home.

talking about love, my girlfriend is ibo. Chinwe by name. Lobatan.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 05, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Preach it first among your brethren. charity begins at home.

talking about love, my girlfriend is ibo. Chinwe by name. Lobatan.
Praise be to G*d.
Gandhi has a quote, "Be the change you want to see in the world around you".

Please my regards to pretty Chinwe.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by papparatzzi2013: 11:24am On Aug 05, 2013
quid:

i will need you on the D-Day to join me to prostrate at her family house. Till then, One love bro.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by goldfish80(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

we are watching again.

Let me keep you up to speed whats happening here, you can ignore it or claim am a liar, i don't care really.
The cycle has always been an Igbo man criticizing a yoruba governor eg:fashola
Immediately,Yorubas see this as an attack on their race,hence forumites starts insulting the entire Ibo's then turning the issue to a tribal warefare.And amazingly,the same Ibo man who criticized fashola will spare no hands in insulting T.A orji,Rochas,Chime etc its amusing on your part if you think Ibos start calling Yorubas names out of the blues for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 05, 2013
If I am ever ashamed to be a Nigerian, it is because of the kind of vitriol a Nigerian directs to another as shown on this thread! No light at the end of this tunnel I swear sad

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 05, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

i will need you on the D-Day to join me to prostrate at her family house. Till then, One love bro.
I will gladly be there.
I almost married a yoruba girl myself, but it did not really work out. I still miss her though
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by goldfish80(m): 11:31am On Aug 05, 2013
quid:

The ugly truth is that both groups can't do without each other.
Btw, I don't get it when they claim Yoruba's are the ones feeding Ibos.A yoruba man has never fed me in My life.whatever I've got,I've always paid for that, i don't know about you
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by papparatzzi2013: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2013
goldfish80:
Let me keep you up to speed whats happening here, you can ignore it or claim am a liar, i don't care really.
The cycle has always been an Igbo man criticizing a yoruba governor eg:fashola
Immediately,Yorubas find this as an attack on their race,hence forumites starts insulting the entire Ibo's then turning the issue to a tribal warefare.And amazingly,the same Ibo man who criticized fashola will spare no hands in insulting T.A orji,Rochas,Chime etc its amusing on your part if you think Ibos start calling Yorubas names out of the blues for no reason.

Oga I joined this forum in 2006 and we used to have intellectual discussions devoid of tribal sentiment. This trend started in 2010 when Ibos are always creating one thread or the other. We started responding in early 2012 when the MODs refused to heed initial warnings.

It did not get to this crescendo because the former MODs do not move tribalistic thread to front page but regular callers of Politics section can bear witness.

The current set of MODs took this thing too far by always taking everything to front page and the awareness increased. What you saw in fashola case was an unwarranted reaction from yourbas but it was something that has been brewing up for over 2years. Is not about Fashola or no Fashola. Sensibility, mutual respect and decorum need to return back to this site and Seun and his MODs have a lot to play.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 11:49am On Aug 05, 2013
@ papparatzzi2013 & goldfish80

Thanks, enough of faults finding and trading blames. Lets move forward by saying NO to ethnic rivalries and hostilities from now on. And help the community by reporting anyone that attempts to renew the fight in any form.

Cheers!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 05, 2013
OAM4J: @ papparatzzi2013 & goldfish80

Thanks, enough of faults finding and trading blames. Lets move forward by saying NO to ethnic rivalries and hostilities from now on. And help the community by reporting anyone that attempts to renew the fight in any form.

Cheers!
Agreed
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by nduchucks: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
naijababe: If I am ever ashamed to be a Nigerian, it is because of the kind of vitriol a Nigerian directs to another as shown on this thread! No light at the end of this tunnel I swear sad

Uwa ni mai Chinkafa, millionairess Olowo won ni Forex department - mo kin yin o. smiley

Don't sweat these bigots on NL, most of them live abroad and use NL to vent and release the pressures of their frustration with their leaders.

My only fear is that one of them may be unable to separate cyberbabble from real life thus acting out the foolishness expressed here.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by tyson55(m): 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
We have to deal with ethnic antagonism here simply because the mods and the admin condone it, perhaps as a way of generating more traffic, otherwise there is nothing difficult in initiating zero tolerance on any thread aimed at the propagation of malevolence against any ethnic group. Delete them, ban the culprits and continue with the ban until the zero tolerance policy sinks in. Let nobody lecture me on freedom of speech. People who hide behind "freedom of speech" to propagate malevolence and prejudice must be stopped, for they are detrimental to our existence.

Why am I even wasting my time. . . the fact that we have a "Ethnic Racist and sectarian" section speaks volumes...
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Uwa ni mai Chinkafa, millionairess Olowo won ni Forex department - mo kin yin o. smiley

Don't sweat these bigots on NL, most of them live abroad and use NL to vent and release the pressures of their frustration with their leaders.

My only fear is that one of them may be unable to separate cyberbabble from real life thus acting out the foolishness expressed here.

Don't take much to be radicalised on my friend! The world is moving ahead leaps and bounds and the only thing Nigerians can discuss is their ethnicity! E dey vex me wella angry and frankly speaking some of these people actually mean what they write

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Boko Haram Plans Attack, US Warns Citizens / Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail / APC NWC FINAL Decisions On Screening Of Kogi Governorship Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.