Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18239 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
naijababe:

Don't take much to be radicalised on my friend! The world is moving ahead leaps and bounds and the only thing Nigerians can discuss is their ethnicity! E dey vex me wella angry [b]and frankly speaking some of these people actually mean what they writ[/b]e

And you know so because?

I don't understand why you all fret when if you take a look at the section, there are currently live threads currently in debate with rife ethnocentric comments. Are the moderators asleep? With all the raising of he'll and the threats of lifetime bans, the same act is still being carried out.

You all need to take your hypocritical behinds away and find a well cushioned seat to take a well deserved rest.

When the ethnocentric moderators get serious about zero tolerance to ethnocentrism, they would tender their resignations and allow those who would carry out the task sincerely to take over the reins. Right now, the fault lies at the feet of the admin and his helpers and of course hypocrites like yourselves.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by debosky(m): 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
kudos to OAM4J for making this appeal, but if you're a good student of history you'll know it's bound to fail.

Tribal hostility will never cease - you will just need to keep banning and banning till some of them get tired or go to another site to possess it like evil spirits. grin

I wish you well. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
goldfish80:
Cut the crap, ilugunboy has been running around here making direct threats propagating war cries and threatning genocide against all Ibo's staying in Lagos.Its exaclty people like you that fan the ambers of tribal hate here.
Infact some yoruba dude was talking about using eggs to develop bombs to kill Ibos in mass going further to claim he will kill over 300 Ibos in his locality, at that point i had to challenge him to a face2face confrontation he ran away.
Manny4life as I observed was on the defesnive in all that, he asked Ibos to defend themseves atall cost. And in that case frankly, with the egg bomb threats and genocide by iluogunboy and the other niqqa, I agreed with manny4life no less.
If anyone can't see the Yoruba's are the agressors here should layoff his/her rose tinted spectacles.

I think you are the one to cut THE BULLCRAP!!!!

When the Ibo bigots started their usual madness, did any one of you show up to put a word of caution? rather you were on the sideline getting amused and enjoying it.

Now you are showing up here to apportion blame.

Who are you to judge and indict anyone, where did you derive such authority?.

As at the moment the Mods have not CONVICT anyone, but you people are so desperate to put the tag of aggressors onto those guys that were merely reacting to ethnic taunting and baiting.

STOP JUDGING, SO THAT YOU WONT BE JUDGED!

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Akanbiedu(m): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
I think people should be allowed to express themselves here. Nairaland is the last hope of the common, unknown Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
Akanbi_edu: I think people should be allowed to express themselves here. Nairaland is the last hope of the common, unknown Nigerian.

Seconded. Isn't it hilarious that 90% of the people frowning against tribalism on this thread are the actual tribalists who thrive on ethnic chauvinism under other ids. They all have the faces of angels but they are evil deep inside them. They post politically correct statements under one id and spread hate under numerous ids. Sad.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

I think you are the one to cut THE BULLCRAP!!!!

When the Ibo bigots started their madness, did any one of you show up to put a word of caution? rather you were on the sideline getting amused and enjoying it.

Now you are showing up here to apportion blame.

Who are you to judge and indict anyone, where did you derive such authority?.

As at the moment the Mods have not CONVICT anyone, but you people are so desperate to put the tag of aggressors onto those guys that were merely reacting to ethnic taunting and baiting.

STOP JUDGING, SO THAT YOU WONT BE JUDGED!

You shouldn't even have bothered replying to that one. His display of hatred was lengendary on the Adekunle thread. I'm even surprised that he has the effontary to say a word on this thread. If truly the moderator who opened this thread was fair, such a person would not be allowed to post on this thread but it is a known fact that this is not a war waged against so called "bigots" but against the Yoruba nationalists.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
kindabigg:

Seconded. Isn't it hilarious that 90% of the people frowning against tribalism on this thread are the actual tribalists who thrive on ethnic chauvinism under other ids. They all have the faces of angels but they are evil deep inside them. They post politically correct statements under one id and spread hate under numerous ids. Sad.

Spot on!

With you being the ring leader too! Oh have you hastily forgotten your display on the Adekunle thread?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by kingbang: 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
If yorubas on Nairaland choose peace, we shall embrace it but if they prefer war, they should bring it on. We are so tired on their BS!!!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
kingbang: If yorubas on Nairaland choose peace, we shall embrace it but if they prefer war, they should bring it on. We are so tired on their BS!!!

Glad you are ousting yourself.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
Asoozy:

You shouldn't even have bothered replying to that one. His display of hatred was lengendary on the Adekunle thread. I'm even surprised that he has the effontary to say a word on this thread. If truly the moderator who opened this thread was fair, such a person would not be allowed to post on this thread but it is a known fact that this is not a war waged against so called "bigots" but against the Yoruba nationalists.

Not that I actually for one second believe that he deserve a response, but then you need to sometimes put a seal on the self-pontificating of some of these double-face liars.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Akanbiedu(m): 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
kindabigg:

Yeah.

At least we get a chance to know how people really feel. Not the usual pretence that goes on facebook, where people are afraid of offending their friends.

I have tried to analyze how Nigerians manage to get enough time on the net considering the inadequate internet and time required for such. I came to a conclusion; this should be handiwork of largely diasporans.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Asoozy:

Spot on!

With you being the ring leader too! Oh have you hastily forgotten your display on the Adekunle thread?

That one has uncountable monikers that he engages in e-tribal fights.

Only the naive will be fooled by their antics on this thread.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by kingbang: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
Asoozy:

Glad you are ousting yourself.

Don't ever quote me again please! Mind your damn business, if you have any.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
Asoozy:

And you know so because?

I don't understand why you all fret when if you take a look at the section, there are currently live threads currently in debate with rife ethnocentric comments. Are the moderators asleep? With all the raising of he'll and the threats of lifetime bans, the same act is still being carried out.

You all need to take your hypocritical behinds away and find a well cushioned seat to take a well deserved rest.

When the ethnocentric moderators get serious about zero tolerance to ethnocentrism, they would tender their resignations and allow those who would carry out the task sincerely to take over the reins. Right now, the fault lies at the feet of the admin and his helpers and of course hypocrites like yourselves.

Hypocrites like me? Have you ever read a post by men bashing other ethnic groups?! You have a right to your belief that only your proffered solution can work but that right does not include name calling. I don't do tribal e-wars, never have, never will.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
kingbang:

kindabigg:

See...the same person...different handles!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
kingbang:

I must have touched a nerve.

Truth does hurt, ahn?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by debosky(m): 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
tpia@:
Well, we all know oam4j is just trying to amuse him or herself here, nice try.

Barely a month or so back, i kept drawing two particular hate threads on yorubas, to the mods attention, one in food section and the other in culture section.

I was soundly ignored and these were the eventual responses i got:

Food section mod: oh, the thread is so funny, i was not offended by it and therefore it offends nobody

(or maybe she was telling me i am a nobody since SHE is the mod)

One of her goons also came on board to support her, i had no issues with that one because she was clearly an i.diot, sorry to say.

Culture mod: ignored me then put up a profile picture of his head being carried by some voodoo cannibals. Not sure if the picture was meant for me or his fellow witches in the coven.

So, carry on folks, we are watching you, keep playing while rome is burning.

Mods when tpia complains about something, then there is a serious problem brewing. Please attend to her concerns.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2013
naijababe:

Hypocrites like me? Have you ever read a post by men bashing other ethnic groups?! You have a right to your belief that only your proffered solution can work but that right does not include name calling. I don't do tribal e-wars, never have, never will.

I'm glad you accorded me the recognition of my rights.

I didn't know that hypocrite was now name calling. If you feel hurt by it, then I apologize but I am not sorry.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
Asoozy:
Spot on!

What thread? I dont remember posting on anything like that. I dont like igbos and my post history is there for all to see. But I never posted about Adekunle or anyone like that. I have just one id and this is it.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by kingbang: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
Asoozy:

I must have touched a nerve.

Truth does hurt, ahn?

No you didn't. Am just not in the mood for laughter because that's what your post almost did to me.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by kingbang: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

See...the same person...different handles!

What are you high on kid?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by kingbang: 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
kindabigg:

What thread? I dont remember posting on anything like that. I dont like igbos and my post history is there for all to see. But I never posted about Adekunle or anyone like that. I have just one id and this is it.

Who needs your love? SMH! Take the love home bruv!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
kindabigg:

Hilarious... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did you for a second believe yourself..? cheesy
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
kingbang:

What are you high on kid?

You've been busted jareeeee...don't stress it further cheesy
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

You've been busted jareeeee...don't stress it further cheesy

hahahaha...BURSTED! grin grin grin
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
Asoozy:

I'm glad you accorded me the recognition of my rights.

I didn't know that hypocrite was now name calling. If you feel hurt by it, then I apologize but I am not sorry.

Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

The above is hypocrisy as defined by wiki. It is name calling because you unequivocally called me a liar. As I said before you have a right to your opinion and feeling but don't call me a liar unless you have evidence to prove that I am.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
kingbang:

Who needs your love? SMH! Take the love home bruv!

Mechionu gi anupam onye beribe onye nzuzu. I do not like igbos!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
naijababe:

Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

The above is hypocrisy as defined by wiki. It is name calling because you unequivocally called me a liar. As I said before you have a right to your opinion and feeling but don't call me a liar unless you have evidence to prove that I am.

You've made your point.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:
Hilarious... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did you for a second believe yourself..? cheesy

I have one id and I'm too busy for forum talk. Aside amor4ce and his biblical teachings about how igbos are possessed by evil spirits, nothing interests me here.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
I have just one single suggestion.

The Three Mods here should voluntarily resign

They've all failed.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ujchief(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA: I have just one single suggestion.

The Three Mods here should voluntarily resign

They've all failed.

Once again, you've made a very silly suggestion. You've accused me of trying to be in the Mods and supermods good books and I overlooked it b'cos it was a silly comment that doesn't need a reply. But I won't look the other way when you turn around to blame the Mods for the unhealthy environment we've turned this section to.

After being corrected that the mods don't take threads to frontpage but supermods do, yet you blame them. After being informed that ban logs of Mods are available for other Mods to access and redress when necessary, you still insist on blaming them. They started this thread to seek solution to the mess we all created, but you turned it to a witch-hunt; insulting them and asking for their resignation.

I wonder why you guys are trying so hard to turn this truce trade that the Mods created into an impeachment call. The Mods didn't start the tribal hate, neither did they fan it. So shove your silly request aside and let's seek for ways to fight this monster.

Gerrit?

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
kindabigg:

I dont like igbos .

From the look of things, you NEED to start loving Igbos unconditionally. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

We Monitored PDP Primaries In Edo – INEC Counters Ali Modu Sheriff / 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue / Sirika Restructures NCAA, Sacks Directors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.