Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,001 members, 7,814,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18195 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Pataki: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
Here are my suggestions.......

1. If you have a certain number of bans, it should automatically disqualify you from creating a thread/topic on Politics Nairaland.

2. Until you have a minimum of over 300 posts on the politics board, you should not be able or allowed to create a thread.

3. Clear out ALL denigrating old threads about tribes on this forum. When I did a Google search on: "Yorubas are", my top finds pointed me to Nairaland.

4. Biased moderating has to stop! Afam and sexkillz should forthwith cease being moderators here. They are nothing but mercenaries for the ibo propaganda on this forum. Two biased ibo moderators is a clear signal that Seun himself loves tribalism.

5 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by luvmijeje(f): 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
Where are we? Has that bigoted mod who recommended silly thread that has the potential to undermine the unity of this nation sack yet?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by nku5: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
For instance we can discuss the implications of Fashola's actions without turning it into Yoruba Vs Igbo war.
.[/quote]

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, some animals here will pour curses on igbos and igboland once an easterner criticizes fashola. Personally I've been involved in quite a few e-fights when that happens. Such people should be dealt with seriously

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
When you guys are ready to fight tribalism or whatever nomenclature is adopted, you know what to do. Repeating the same thing again and again but expecting different result is a joke.

By the way, why's MASSOB ( a known separatist group) reponse to LASG on front page while the one from APC kept on one corner of politics section?

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
Funny and sad that while the bigoted mods removed the Yoruba nationalists....the Ibos irredeemable ethnic bigots are still roaming around the section.

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pataki: Here are my suggestions.......

1. If you have a certain number of bans, it should automatically disqualify you from creating a thread/topic on Politics Nairaland.

2. Until you have a minimum of over 300 posts on the politics board, you should not be able or allowed to create a thread.

3. Clear out ALL denigrating old threads about tribes on this forum. When I did a Google search on: "Yorubas are", my top finds pointed me to Nairaland.

4. Biased moderating has to stop! Afam and sexkillz should forthwith cease being moderators here. They are nothing but mercenaries for the ibo propaganda on this forum. Two biased ibo moderators is a clear signal that Seun himself loves tribalism.

We have done the bold already, if you click any of those links from google, you will get nothing. It will take a while for them to clear from google databases. But in case you find any of those derogatory titles/threads still up, please send me the link.

nku5:
For instance we can discuss the implications of Fashola's actions without turning it into Yoruba Vs Igbo war.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, some animals here will pour curses on igbos and igboland once an easterner criticizes fashola. Personally I've been involved in quite a few e-fights when that happens. Such people should be dealt with seriously

calling people animals is insultive. You also can do better. Also report any insults and attempt to tribalize a thread to us and dont handle it yourself or respond in kind.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
nku5:

It's this type of temerity as an Ibo poster that rile up other posters...

You know that as an Ibo poster, you are assured that you will be save by your fellow Ibo mods to get away with this, even after you boastfully admitted here now that you were also involved in the e -fight but they did nothing to you.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
Well done OAM4J, Afam4eva, and Sexkillz. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
This tribal wars made me not to open some topics on front page....it's getting outta hand that we can't hand,e issues without abusing one tribe and another.

I will suggest ban on IP addresses even.

Mods, if this Nairaland is cleansed, I owe you free 3 days accomodation in Paris! Whenever y'all around smiley

Keep the good work.

Promote your tribe if you want but don't degrade another.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA: Funny and sad that while the bigoted mods removed the Yoruba nationalists....the Ibos irredeemable ethnic bigots are still roaming around the section.

SMH

How do you know some bigots are left still roaming around the section? Do you have access to the list of banned tribalists?

Anyways, we have no pleasure in banning bigots but for them to repent. If they repent and stop tribalizing every thread, we will welcome them. We dont ban for what was done in the past, but for what is being done after the warning/plea on this thread.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lol.

Look at them. Buncha ethnocentric cry babies. . .lol
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J:

How do you know some bigots are left still roaming around the section? Do you have access to the list of banned tribalists?

Anyways, we have no pleasure in banning bigots but for them to repent. If they repent and stop tribalizing every thread, we will welcome them. We dont ban for what was done in the past, but for what is being done after the warning/plea on this thread.

Just like the guy that just referred to Yorubas as animals right in your presence here and still had the presence of mind to admit that he was also involved in the e-tribal fights.

OAM4J....your intentions may be genuine but I still have my doubts on your approach.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Pataki: 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J:

We have done the bold already, if you click any of those links from google, you will get nothing. It will take a while for them to clear from google databases. But in case you find any of those derogatory titles/threads still up, please send me the link.

Oh OK. Never bothered opening the links though. I sincerely hope you guys mean business this time around.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
funny thing is, ibos are doing the same name calling on several other forums too, , naijapal etc.

we are watching. The yawning of a lion is not because of cowardice.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by goldfish80(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
Amusingly the Yorubas areplaying the vitim card,let's refresh our minds to what caused this fight shall we?
1)LSG govt deports some people to onitsha head bridge by 3am
2)Ibo's lambast LSG for this action,attacking fashola's govt
3)Yoruba's unify to back LSG. Going further to threat Ibo's to leave their land or face deportation (n/b:no yoruba man/woman on this forum saw what fashola did as wrong)
4)Bruhaha
5)More bruhaha/threats/insults/chest beating/name callings etc
Btw Afam is not on the side his kinsmen in this matter for the records.Infact he's on the black book of most Ibo's here since he made that unfortunate statement that Massob should "mechie onu"...
Lastly, ilugunboy has constituted enough nuisance here that if he made some of the statements he's dropping here on the streets,he would be tried and jailed in a maximum prison.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by nku5: 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J:

calling people animals is insultive. You also can do better. Also report any insults and attempt to tribalize a thread to us and dont handle it yourself or respond in kind.

I apologise for that no vex. I'll do what u said.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
biafranqueen: I really hope you guys are serious. I know an American white that I was trying to recruit for a certain business he googled leasing land in Nigeria from that he went to politics sections and told me it looks like a tribal war will start anytime! He was so appalled at the amount of tribalism and started talking about Rwanda and Liberia he thought it was the western influence, but now he is seeing a different side embarassed I was really embarrassed and quite speechless. This website is getting a lot of media attention if Forbes.com was to come back and check on progress am sure they would change there tunes. This is really making all Nigerians look bad!

It is very funny that you write this when your username is BiafranQueen.

Did you tell him what your username is, and what it means? I have seen your posts on this site, and they are often tribal in nature.

Some of your posts when I first joined the forum are actually the reason that I first started thinking that Igbos were racist. At the time you were writing very vile posts about the Hausa.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by nku5: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

Just like the guy that just referred to Yorubas as animals right in your presence here and still had the presence of mind to admit that he was also involved in the e-tribal fights.

Dude I never generalised about yorubas stop spinning. I was referring to ppl who upon criticism of fashola threaten ethnic cleansing of igbos in yorubaland, curse the igbo race and other things. Plain and simple. If you knew me in real life you would laugh at yourself for insinuating that I dissed ALL yorubas.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
nku5:

Dude I never generalised about yorubas stop spinning. I was referring to ppl who upon criticism of fashola threaten ethnic cleansing of igbos in yorubaland, curse the igbo race and other things. Plain and simple. If you knew me in real life you would laugh at yourself for insinuating that I dissed ALL yorubas.

Since you've been reasonable enough to apologize ...I will let go.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by nku5: 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

Since you've been reasonable enough to apologize ...I will let go.

No shaking omo egba. For all you know you and I might be related...
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
goldfish80: Amusingly the Yorubas areplaying the vitim card,let's refresh our minds to what caused this fight shall we?
1)LSG govt deports some people to onitsha head bridge by 3am
2)Ibo's lambast LSG for this action,attacking fashola's govt
3)Yoruba's unify to back LSG. Going further to threat Ibo's to leave their land or face deportation (n/b:no yoruba man/woman on this forum saw what fashola did as wrong)
4)Bruhaha
5)More bruhaha/threats/insults/chest beating/name callings etc
Btw Afam is not on the side his kinsmen in this matter for the records.Infact he's on the black book of most Ibo's here since he made that unfortunate statement that Massob should "mechie onu"...
Lastly, ilugunboy has constituted enough nuisance here that if he made some of the statements he's dropping here on the streets,he would be tried and jailed in a maximum prison.

What did Ilugunboy did, that people like Manny4life did not do?

The problem with people like you is that you are very fast in apportioning blames to those that you see as threats or not representing your own warped interest.

People from both side of the divides were guilty and no point singling out an individual

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
Prof Corruption: When you guys are ready to fight tribalism or whatever nomenclature is adopted, you know what to do. Repeating the same thing again and again but expecting different result is a joke.

By the way, why's MASSOB ( a known separatist group) reponse to LASG on front page while the one from APC kept on one corner of politics section?

Putting MASSOB on the front page is just pouring gas on the fire.

They are a separatist group that wants to break Nigeria apart, and create a new country solely based on tribal affiliations. How are they anything BUT tribalists. Yet they are on the front page everytime they sneeze.

The MASSOB thread is back open again after all the posts from Yoruba were deleted! SMH. The mods have no intention of stopping tribalism. They just want to silence the Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by djon78(m): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
I have been reading the abomination that has been poured out from both sides of the divide, it is really shocking.

Anybody that judges and treats people based on where they come from is not human, honesrtly, what I have seen on this Nairaland is really shocking. Infact I think tribal bigots and those that hate and judge people because of where they come from, will never see good in life because the bigotry has eaten deep into their consciousness.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Obiora4life: 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
Isn't it funny how Mr OAM4J is here preaching about ending tribalism, yet I responded in kind after being provoked, yet he handed down a 1 month ban meanwhile people who are involved in the same are still posting with their original ID's. You preach about tribalism YET you do the opposite, who's deceiving who? Talk about being double sided aka TWO-FACED. This is why we fear you, you want to end tribalism... Please find another job. If you like, extend it till thy Jesus come, people take NL way too seriously...
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by plaindealer: 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
What many are collectively asking for is banning or selective banning based on one man/mod's interpretation of tribalism and hatred which is a slippery slope to where we are right now. Be careful what you wish for since the folks holding the stick are not credible and fair actors..

Find something better to do if banning is your primary/nly option because it's pointless and it's a waste of time since new ID's and IP's are 10 for 1 kobo.

Your best bet is to delete or hide what's genuinely offensive and not genuine opinions the 2 existing bias and bigoted mods personally dislike.

Talking about the 2 bigoted mods, the way the system is rigged gan is tribal and bias, I even noticed how the OP keep sidestepping the complaints against the 2 mods as if their concerns means nothing. You can not have a peaceful and respectable atmosphere in any organization where the leaders have no credibility and the workers or members have zero respect for them. This is leadership 101.

We are all adults and I don't think I'm above any form of sanctions based on any wrong doing on my part, but this is not what we see on NL everyday, we see people getting banned for silly reasons, we see mods hiding innocent posts simply because they either don't like the poster or the content of the posts itself and the OP is obviously not oblivious to this tribal and emotional shenanigans by the 2 bigoted mods.

It beats the hell out of my why we have 2 openly biased mods from the same region. What for really?

The same mods came in banning people for dumb stuff like spelling, insulting public officials aka GEJ and folks from their tribe when trashing and calling other people's leaders adulterated and insulting names 24/7 was their own people's past time and favorite activities on NL.. That was just too silly, it was a pointer letting us know where there loyalties and judgements resides.

Obviously, that was a tribal thing because we know all about their tribal affiliations with GEJ and his party and also the fact that they didn't lift a finger against their people when they lace every thread and posts with Tinubu with or anything SW.

It takes 2 to tango and I don't think the system is ready or willing to tango.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by DoffMan2: 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
How can a person be so deluded that their mission in life becomes, wait for it..., fighting a tribal e-war?

Lol, next step is madness. cry

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ICONICSUPERSTAR: 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
i joined NL in 2006, that was when issue of national discuss were usually debated and this sites used to be very informative. i used to enjoy the sport section with so much passion.

along the line the tribal imperialist started all these yoruba this yoruba that around 2010 and got to his peak 2012. Now people felt the insult has gone on far too long and is time to react and the best tribalistic MODs such Afam4eva could be doing is to be deleting and be banning only yorubaa.

i am not a tribalist, i have never been but this noted trends got on my nerves. i can assure, a good percentage of yorubas felt this way. all that said way forward is also important:

1. MODs for Politics should be changed with immediate effect

2. All threads that could promote tribal sentiments and names calling must always be deleted with immediate effect

3. Stop banning people without issuing warnings. after the warning, next offense could be 2weeks or maximum a month ban.

NL should be at the vanguard of, and avenue for, promoting national unity and not to increase the tension that is already in the land by increasing our divisions along ethnic and religious lines.

Let us all come down from our high horses and embrace peace. No name callings, respect each other and let us unite to stamp out tribalism while uniting our nations more. just like we did not choose our family, we did not choose our family too. We are brothers and lets continue in our alliance. If we stand against tribalism, we are only go to enjoy the fruit og the peace of the land, we will be a stronger indivisible nation but RESPECT FOR OTHERS is very fundamental.

I rest my case, I remain Superstar1

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by FRDChickenisha: 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
Why is it that when Yorubas start retaliating that something gets done?

Must Yorubas retaliate before the mods start working?

What Yorubas need to start doing is to stop replying tribalistic threas AND just create your own and fill it up. Stop replying tribalistic threads created on your behalf so that they would appear in Google. Create your own.

Dont be too sophisticated to eradicate ignorance.

If the mods want to end tribalism, then they need to stop entertaining it.
Dont let threads like this sway you. If you want to end the game, you have to be in the game.

Play the game, but play harder.

5 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
plaindealer: What many are collectively asking for is banning or selective banning based on one man/mod's

Talking about the 2 bigoted mods, the way the system is rigged gan is tribal and bias, I even noticed how the OP keep sidestepping the complaints against the 2 mods as if their concerns means nothing. You can not have a peaceful and respectable atmosphere in any organization where the leaders have no credibility and the workers or members have zero respect for them. This is leadership 101.

It's because that card of 'selective banning' has been overplayed. Sexkillz banned some people and they complained he only banned Yorubas because they couldn't see the other Igbo trouble makers he banned. I banned manny4life/obiora4life among many others and he just complained in the post above yours of my 'selective banning'. I locked, cleaned and unlocked the MASSOB thread and someone thought it was Sexkillz that did it and already accused him of removing only Yoruba posts.

Fact is you guys dont have the details and we cannot afford to be publishing the list of people we ban and our actions on a thread every time someone accuses us of being selective.

For you all information, every action taken by any mod is on a log available to all the moderators on the forum. Nothing is done in the secret.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ngwakwe: 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
If we allow our consciences to work without deceiving ourselves, we will overcome name calling and insulting one another with or without provocation.

We should stop defending the indefensible. It breeds contempt and name calling.

No party or tribe is made up of Angels, if a mistake is made let's not twist it to justify or excuse the abominable because our man or tribe is involved
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by luvmijeje(f): 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
Where I am today in my journey into political awareness was due to this section. Yes there was tribalism but there was an healthy discourse and debates. As a young yoruba lady, I learnt about my history, what occur in the civil war from both sides and more that I will have to open a thread to list what I learnt from this section.
Seun, you are naive and careless for you not to know the power you have in your hand. For you to allow some group of people to propagate hatred. History is awaiting you, decide how you want to be remember.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J has really done a great job. But I suggest, with all due respect to you and other moderators, that Seun does this himself. He should give Nairalanders the opportunity to speak without any fear of being banned by the moderators to the moderators themselves. I'm sure the angry ones among us won't proffer solution to tribalism especially when they feel it could hurt the moderators.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Takes Over Kano PDP As National Headquarters Dissolves State Exco / FFK: Message "Exposed" By Obi Did Not Originate From A Tinubu Supporter / Peter Obi: Subsidy Must Go, I Will Remove It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.