Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18191 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by DoffMan2: 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J:

It's because that card of 'selective banning' has been overplayed. Sexkillz banned some people and they complained he only banned Yorubas because they couldn't see the other Igbo trouble makers he banned. I banned manny4life/obora4life among many others and he just complained in the post above yours of my 'selective banning'. I locked, cleaned and unlocked the MASSOB thread and someone thought it was Sexkillz that did it and already accused him of removing only Yoruba posts.

Fact is you guys dont have the details and we cannot afford to be publishing the list of people we ban and our actions on a thread every time someone accuse us of being selective.

For you all information, every action taken by any mod is on a log available to all the moderators on the forum. Nothing is done in the secret.

I have to admit that you are correct here. For me, ethnic bigotry and terrorism are on the same level. You don't negotiate with terrorists, you eliminate them. Bigots, irrespective of how they were radicalised (& I've read some lame excuses here), are extremists. Extreme circumstances call for extreme action.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Amazingnaira: 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Do u knw this has also started on facebuk?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
Amazingnaira: Do u knw this has also started on facebuk?

Facebuk?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Amazingnaira: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
Yes! That was wat prompt me to knw wat really happened during the civil war.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by sweetcheecks(f): 11:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
luvmijeje: Where I am today in my journey into political awareness was due to this section. Yes there was tribalism but there was an healthy discourse and debates. As a young yoruba lady, I learnt about my history, what occur in the civil war from both sides and more that I will have to open a thread to list what I learnt from this section.
Seun, you are naive and careless for you not to know the power you have in your hand. For you to allow some group of people to propagate hatred. History is awaiting you, decide how you want to be remember.

@the bolded, totally agree. Samething that got me creating the thread below.
https://www.nairaland.com/1251286/seuns-attention-more-power-comes#15148021

Please could this also be extended to other bigotry expressed against other countries. I am really tired of being the nasty NL bi.atch while trying to make a stand for my country. I know we all came here not as xenophobs and bigots but we were changed along the way, some of us will never be recognised through our monikers by those who know us, as we have taken a different persona altogether. And unfortunately some of us do not have multiple personalities ( might be split but can only manage two not more) fight and laugh in the same breath words linger on and are more damaging the than arms (after being insulted and insulting people). Insults are not in our nature but do it becouse we are human when attacked the "fight or flight" instinct kicks in.

If you choose to continue building your patriotism on the foundation of insulting others, please do so knowing that " when you send chickens out to feed they have to come back home to roost". Ennuffsad!

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
SA and Naija now thrown in the mix.

Getting very interesting!

I support you sweet cheeks.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by sweetcheecks(f): 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
Asoozy: SA and Naija now thrown in the mix.

Getting very interesting!

I support you sweet cheeks.

Why not?
grin grin grin
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by biafranqueen: 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
sexkillz: IP blocking will affect innocent ones as well. This will only work if we fight this as a team. Report such posts immediately you see them since we are not everywhere everytime.

It's us vs Bigots. They are less than 100.

good job you guys!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 05, 2013
Desola:

Yorubas, 0am4j has been bought! See him henceforth as your enemy.

noted!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by biafranqueen: 12:07am On Aug 05, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

It is very funny that you write this when your username is BiafranQueen.

Did you tell him what your username is, and what it means? I have seen your posts on this site, and they are often tribal in nature.

Some of your posts when I first joined the forum are actually the reason that I first started thinking that Igbos were racist. I At the time you were writing very vile posts about the Hausa.

please show me the post I am sure you will never find it, and if you read my post they are all about Igbos going home to build up the East, that is what it means I advocate for 1 Nigeria and have even taken heat when I advise Igbos to go home and develop. I suggest you go through all of of them I have written nothing but love for Hausa's only the one time I was acting immature was against One guy Somalian and once against Pagan who kept putting down Nigerian women and men saying they look like monkeys and they are prostitutes. everything I posted about Pagans tribe, which was not Hausa were true facts about why the women, may not go into into prostitution, because they married them off as little girls, I was banned from the thread, but months later what I said was every where. As for Somalian I started posting pictures of his own people and I felt very bad and changed my tune , because that was low of me and very wicked from that I have never indulged again in allowing someone to bring me to such a low level. I suggest you check well before accusing me of false hoods because I have grown up with Muslims in the East in our compound. I even praise Muslims on how honest and humble they are. I fought against those that called Muslims terrorist . So please find anywhere I spoke against Muslims Shame on you clean your own eyes because if I start posting your comments we would see who is really the bigot.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by plaindealer: 12:18am On Aug 05, 2013
OAM4J:

It's because that card of 'selective banning' has been overplayed. Sexkillz banned some people and they complained he only banned Yorubas because they couldn't see the other Igbo trouble makers he banned. I banned manny4life/obora4life among many others and he just complained in the post above yours of my 'selective banning'. I locked, cleaned and unlocked the MASSOB thread and someone thought it was Sexkillz that did it and already accused him of removing only Yoruba posts.

Fact is you guys dont have the details and we cannot afford to be publishing the list of people we ban and our actions on a thread every time someone accuse us of being selective.

For you all information, every action taken by any mod is on a log available to all the moderators on the forum. Nothing is done in the secret.

I asked you yesterday how and why the thread below got moved and buried in Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics section, but you conveniently ignored it.

How Anambra Govt Failed To Assume Responsibility For Deported Destitute People

https://www.nairaland.com/1383266/how-anambra-govt-failed-assume

Who made that decision and what was Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics about a news article from a mainstream news site about the same National discussion we are having till this very second? Are similar threads not on the front page as we speak? How do you justify that?

Tribalism is what you make it and the folks trying to do away with tribalism are themselves tribalists because they see too many things from their own distorted tribal lenses. It was a news article and not my personal opinion so where is the sense and wisdom in moving that thread?

My point is, the decisions that you guys make sometimes crates more harm than good, it leaves bad taste in people's mouth which alters the credibility people have for you and what you do.

I think what you are trying to do here is a good thing, but I really was not under any kind of illusion that the 2 I was talking about are ever going to tango to make things work, it's still the same official cover and circling the wagon deal.

We are all humans and we are OK in our set ways so nothing is achieved until we sit down, table and examine our differences for the benefit of all.

Btw, who moved that thread? Don't tell me cos I know who..
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 05, 2013
Bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can known tribalists be crying the loudest? For real, Nairaland has always proven empty barrels make the loudest noise. So upon all the braggadocio exhibited on numerous threads, you guys were actually hurting inside? Rotflmao!!! I thought it was fun all along, buhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Biggest oxymoron of the century!!!!!!!!!

Desola:

Yorubas, 0am4j has been bought! See him henceforth as your enemy.

This one has to be the biggest tatababy on this thread. Oam4j please pass her her pacifier it must have fallen inside her car seat. Funny world.

7 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 12:37am On Aug 05, 2013
plaindealer:

I asked you yesterday how and why the thread below got moved and buried in Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics section, but you conveniently ignored it.

Who made that decision and what was Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics about a news article from a mainstream news site about the same National discussion we are having till this very second? Are similar threads not on the front page as we speak? How do you justify that?

Tribalism is what you make it and the folks trying to do away with tribalism are themselves tribalists because they see too many things from their own distorted tribal lenses. It was a news article and not my personal opinion so where is the sense and wisdom in moving that thread?

My point is, the decisions that you guys make sometimes crates more harm than good, it leaves bad taste in people's mouth which alters the credibility people have for you and what you do.

I think what you are trying to do here is a good thing, but I really was not under any kind of illusion that the 2 I was talking about are ever going to tango to make things work, it's still the same official cover and circling the wagon deal.

We are all humans and we are OK in our set ways so nothing is achieved until we sit down, table and examine our differences for the benefit of all.

Btw, who moved that thread? Don't tell me cos I know who..

First tell me who you think moved the thread and why you think he moved it. I will answer you after that.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by plaindealer: 12:43am On Aug 05, 2013
OAM4J:

First tell me who you think moved the thread and why you think he moved it. I will answer you after that.

Is this a trick question? lmao.

You got to be kidding me. As if it makes any difference who did, I'm more interested in why it was moved and what was tribal and ethnic about it.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by bobthebuilder99(m): 12:50am On Aug 05, 2013
OAM4J:

Does it even matter? Right now people think some of you are tribalist, but maybe you all are.

If Nigerians are tribalists, it's not surprising that Nigerian moderators would be tribalist too.

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by tpia5: 1:04am On Aug 05, 2013
Well, we all know oam4j is just trying to amuse him or herself here, nice try.

Barely a month or so back, i kept drawing two particular hate threads on yorubas, to the mods attention, one in food section and the other in culture section.

I was soundly ignored and these were the eventual responses i got:

Food section mod: oh, the thread is so funny, i was not offended by it and therefore it offends nobody

(or maybe she was telling me i am a nobody since SHE is the mod)

One of her goons also came on board to support her, i had no issues with that one because she was clearly an i.diot, sorry to say.

Culture mod: ignored me then put up a profile picture of his head being carried by some voodoo cannibals. Not sure if the picture was meant for me or his fellow witches in the coven.

So, carry on folks, we are watching you, keep playing while rome is burning.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by FRDChickenisha: 1:10am On Aug 05, 2013
tpia@:

Culture mod: ignored me then put up a profile picture of his head being carried by some voodoo cannibals. Not sure if the picture was meant for me or his fellow witches in the coven.

Lmaoooo grin
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by FRDChickenisha: 1:12am On Aug 05, 2013
And we wonder why the cultural section is sooooo dry nowadays
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:18am On Aug 05, 2013
biafranqueen: please show me the post I am sure you will never find it, and if you read my post they are all about Igbos going home to build up the East, that is what it means I advocate for 1 Nigeria and have even taken heat when I advise Igbos to go home and develop. I suggest you go through all of of them I have write nothing but love for Hausa's only the one time I was acting immature was against One guy Somalian and once against Pagan who kept putting down Nigerian women and men saying they look like monkeys and they are prostitutes. everything I posted about Pagans tribe, which was not Hausa were true facts about why the women, may not go into into prostitution, because they married them off as little girls, I was banned from the thread, but months later what I said was every where. As for Somalian i started posting pictures of his own people and I felt very bad and changed my tune , because that was low of me and very wicked from that I have never indulged again in allowing someone to bring me to such a low level. I suggest you check well before accusing me of false hoods because I have grown up with Muslims in the East in our compound. I even praise Muslims on how honest and humble they are. I fought against those that called Muslims terrorist . So please find anywhere I spoke against Muslims Shame on you clean your own eyes because if I start posting your comments we would see who is really the bigot.

I am not going to search through over 1000 of your comments to find the one's I saw. I think you are right that it wasn't about the Hausa, but about a pagan tribe from the North. It was when I just started reading Nairaland and I pegged you as Igbo because of your name. Also, your username made your posts sound even more racist.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by OAM4J: 1:20am On Aug 05, 2013
tpia@:
Well, we all know oam4j is just trying to amuse him or herself here, nice try.

Barely a month or so back, i kept drawing two particular hate threads on yorubas, to the mods attention, one in food section and the other in culture section.

I was soundly ignored and these were the eventual responses i got:

Food section mod: oh, the thread is so funny, i was not offended by it and therefore it offends nobody

(or maybe she was telling me i am a nobody since SHE is the mod)

One of her goons also came on board to support her, i had no issues with that one because she was clearly an i.diot, sorry to say.

I am not aware of this complaint tpia. Even though there is nothing I could have done since the threads are not in my section, I could have at least inform the moderators in the section or the admin or the supermods about it. You might want to give me the link to the complaint if its not already too late to act on it.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Waspy(m): 1:21am On Aug 05, 2013
Lmao..Seriously? Phyno and Olamide, we just gettin started..#teamBaddoo tho
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by tpia5: 1:27am On Aug 05, 2013
OAM4J:

I am not aware of this complaint tpia. Even though there is nothing I could have done since the threads are not in my section, I could have at least inform the moderators in the section or the admin or the supermods about it. You might want to give me the link to the complaint if its not already too late to act on it.

my point was we all know the site admin are part and parcel of the nonsense that goes on here.

as per doing anything, too late for that now.

Besides, i made a remark on the complaint thread here, around that same time, about things going on in the tribalism section.

Like i said, carry on.!

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by biafranqueen: 1:28am On Aug 05, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

I am not going to search through over 1000 of your comments to find the one's I saw. I think you are right that it wasn't about the Hausa, but about a pagan tribe from the North. It was when I just started reading Nairaland and I pegged you as Igbo because of your name. Also, your username made your posts sound even more racist.
Trust me you will find nothing about any tribe except my own tribe, I am against injustice,even with the Lagos drama I was the one telling them to go home and develop and explaining to them that they are just leasing the land. I have never and would never write anything about another tribe. The only tribe I talk about is the Elite and the leaders because ALL NIGERIANS are facing injustice. I told you the two times I wrote naughty things because I was defending all Nigerian women. My username is an ideology that I use to rally development in Igboland period. I always advocate ONE Nigeria because I would be the one to lose if the the Naira devalues!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:42am On Aug 05, 2013
biafranqueen: Trust me you will find nothing about any tribe except my own tribe, I am against injustice,even with the Lagos drama I was the one telling them to go home and develop and explaining to them that they are just leasing the land. I have never and would never write anything about another tribe. The only tribe I talk about is the Elite and the leaders because ALL NIGERIANS are facing injustice. I told you the two times I wrote naughty things because I was defending all Nigerian women. My username is an ideology that I use to rally development in Igboland period. I always advocate ONE Nigeria because I would be the one to lose if the the Naira devalues!

I have made many immature tribal comments since joining the site. It is hard not to retaliate.

The best thing would be for the mods to sanitize some threads and to refrain from putting divisive posts on the front page.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by biafranqueen: 1:56am On Aug 05, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

I have made many immature tribal comments since joining the site. It is hard not to retaliate.

The best thing would be for the mods to sanitize some threads and to refrain from putting divisive posts on the front page.
Makes sense!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nebeuwa(m): 4:01am On Aug 05, 2013
Let peace reign. These Igbo v. Yoruba fights need to stop.

But tribalism seems to be the bane of Africa. Just the other day, I stumbled on a tribalistic fight between Ethiopians. I think it was Oromo people v. Tigray. And it was just as nasty as the ones we see on Nairaland. I was completely shocked while the Somalis were on the sideline.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 05, 2013
@eggheader

I can see you reading comments without contributing. Your imput is urgently needed here. Do your thing and find way to contribute. Wink! Wink!!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by cKaiser: 4:16am On Aug 05, 2013
payless: @eggheader

I can see you reading comments without contributing. Your imput is urgently needed here. Do your thing and find way to contribute. Wink! Wink!!

Afam has ensured he banned all the Yoruba posters like eggheaders for lenghty weeks while OAMJ is forming the neutral sophisticated gentleman who is issuing out gentle warning

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by HAVIJ: 4:57am On Aug 05, 2013
The mods wont see anything wrong in this thread, but when we reply in kind you BAN and lock it. Babyosisi keep posting pictures of yoruba leaders and tagging them different names but nothing was done. You all are waiting for the Yorubas to retaliate then thats when you will notice the thread. SMH

https://www.nairaland.com/1371953/heavy-riot-ladipo-market/11

I wish you goodluck in the fake fighting of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by otokx(m): 6:32am On Aug 05, 2013
it can be done and we can do it.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ujchief(m): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2013
cKaiser:

Afam has ensured he banned all the Yoruba posters like eggheaders for lenghty weeks while OAMJ is forming the neutral sophisticated gentleman who is issuing out gentle warning

You are just trying so hard to witch-hunt Afam and sexkilz. Like OAM4j rightly said; ban logs are accessible to all moderators. If Afam or sexkilz banned someone for no just cause, I trust that OAM4j will redress the issue. I don't see any of the duo banning anyone based on personal vendetta.

Meanwhile, this thread was started to curb tribal-bashing. If you have any complaints against any Mod, do so at the complaint section with evidences such as links. Stop making anonymous utterances with no element of truth.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 05, 2013
ujchief:

You are just trying so hard to witch-hunt Afam and sexkilz. Like OAM4j rightly said; ban logs are accessible to all moderators. If Afam or sexkilz banned someone for no just cause, I trust that OAM4j will redress the issue. I don't see any of the duo banning anyone based on personal vendetta.

Meanwhile, this thread was started to curb tribal-bashing. If you have any complaints against any Mod, do so at the complaint section with evidences such as links. Stop making anonymous utterances with no element of truth.

I have come to notice how hard you are trying to impress the admin and Supermods...please let those saddled with the responsibility of maintaining sanity to do their job... You are neither a mod nor an objective arbiter here.

So stop doing their job.

I will not be surprised if you actually have another handle that was equally involved deeply in the tribal e-fights just like many 'saints' commentators on this thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Communique Arising From The Meeting Of South East Governors / Supreme Court Grants Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Rivers Greater Share Of Allocation / Gbajabiamila: "Try Out Tinubu's Suggestions On National Issues"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.