Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? (37274 Views)

Staying Back After NYSC / Getting Job After NYSC: How Long Is Too Long? / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by mkoabiola: 12:17am On Aug 16, 2013
Similar topics lik ds shud alwys mak front page and not toto dike,davido&dbanj sister wedding.

5 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by iebanehita(m): 12:17am On Aug 16, 2013
redcliff: [size=14pt]Lol. was still serving when i got my current job. Awesome stuff..Nigeria Graduates dont know their worth and thats why they arre where they are today[/size]

And you are a Nigerian Graduate??

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by samdson: 12:19am On Aug 16, 2013
tai wo: Heheh, mk I share my story (testimony) too.. Kk I finished service 2012 March, started writing aptitude tests december 2011.. To cut short my test story I have failed over 25 aptitude tests (dragnets 7times, Gtb 2times, Diamond (I travelled frm lag to IB to fail this test, buh 2 of my frnds we travelled togeda passed), failed Kpmg, workforce, nestle,flour mill, stanbic etc mk I no waste my ink) (NB: I am not dull, buh I jes see myself failing this tests). It got to a point I started making mutual friends and seeing familiar faces at job tests. I started making job tests a secret at home so they wnt ask of the result. On my 18th test or there about I decided to take the msc form at unilag not because I love education but so I could run away from the frustration and indirect insults frm family n all, I got so used to failing tests that I "almost" failed the unilag masters entrance form.. Then Msc started, I started cultivating the culture of reading since NYSC wil virtually make u lazy of reading and I also learnt about preparing for tests, anywais some few months after my msc program I got my first Job interview at workforce I was dropped at the 2nd stage. I found Subsequent tests uninteresting and not worthy of my time since I believe I wil fail, buh guess what, I passed access bank test, went through some recruitment process I entered the Training school (1yr 3mnths after NYSC), I postponed my employment till after my msc, then again I passed heritage bank test without much preparation as I have turned a veteran to job test in NIGERIA (^_^) . Btw I am resuming heritage bank on Sun, then again I passed PWC and resuming OCT 2... To the wise this is not a show off buh a testimony.. Despite the failures I never got tired of applying and writing tests, instead I learnt frm mistakes and learnt new ways of tackling job search n all.. Now I have 3 great offers.. My advice is Success is the ability to move from failure to Failure without loss of enthusiasm.. And again the major influence was GOD.
Inspiring. Extremely inspiring!

6 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by nikky5(m): 12:24am On Aug 16, 2013
Just one week in the early 90s as a lecturer in one of the northern colleges of Education.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 16, 2013
Less than 2 weeks.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 16, 2013
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by realteflon(m): 12:42am On Aug 16, 2013
A call to all Nigerian graduate to join us for one million match protest against unemployment. See these ur 2,3,4,5 years of joblessness will end for good and would save other youth still in school, oh now at home, ASUU wahala after the match. Nigeria is an undeveloped country where unemployment should not prevail because there are so many areas to develop. The power to end unemployment is not with the govt because they don't care but in the hands of Nigeria Graduate with a one million match protest. Join us to accomplish this. There is power in number. Let us end this struggle for little in the midst of plenty,I mean plentyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nateboijones: 12:49am On Aug 16, 2013
9months and still searching for something better...PM me,am willing to take up internship for awhile in ICT in any good firm.thank you
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by NellyGhenghen(m): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2013
k2039: I got mine before going for nysc (chevron).

your user name dont sound like you work at even mr biggs.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by RickyDCasanova(m): 1:34am On Aug 16, 2013
7months but still hoping unto God 4his divine Miracle...neva relent in prayers..my job is asured sayz d Lord..
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by k2039: 1:59am On Aug 16, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

ODEgbemi.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by k2039: 2:04am On Aug 16, 2013
point5: so wyl in d race of nysc,,hw dd u manag 2 cope wt d job n hw dd dey retain u afta d nysc..
Mine had more to do with nepotism joor. By the way I studied petroleum, so anyway I would have had to chose between a oil servicing company or a oil multinational. Besides, I prefer Shell to Chevron sef. Still trying to pull some strings.

3 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Mystery11(m): 2:07am On Aug 16, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

Maybe we start with your English that doesn't sound like a reasonable person speaking.

Your username doesnt sound not dont sound cool cool

2 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Mystery11(m): 2:08am On Aug 16, 2013
k2039: ODEgbemi.

Bros,

Early this morning shocked shocked

Though he deserves the ''yabbing'' grin grin
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by rash47(m): 3:33am On Aug 16, 2013
One of the frustrating period in my life was b/w 2009-12,for d 3yr 2month I crisscrossed between ilorin-abj-kd many times,in abj I picked up series of menial jobs jus to eke out a living. After living skul,neva imagine it could be so tough 4 me getting a job by the
Vitue of relations dat 've promised to help...all na wash.
Pls nd pls to all job seekers who 've no 'oga @ d top'always have it in mind dat there's no govt job at all,cultivate a skill or study a trade dat u can start small cos after nysc u are all alone in dis cold nd shrewd economy of ours,not even staying in ur own house is guarantee of affording steady meal because THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH ANYWHERE. May GOD help us all, amen.

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by boxiposhags: 3:40am On Aug 16, 2013
I don't comment often on nairaland but this is a swarm of inspiring replies.I am 21 but I look 15, currently in 300l 2nd semester unilag.by God's grace graduating with a first class worse very strong 2.1. is looking very youngor like an underaged a barrier for employment?
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Ktwice(m): 5:05am On Aug 16, 2013
I am an undergraduate and also working, the lord has been so good to me, sometime i wonder if it is true that there is no job in nigeria because since the day i left secondary school i hv been moving from one better job to another

2 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by switch360(f): 5:17am On Aug 16, 2013
1day ! I started applying as a corp member.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by EASY32: 5:35am On Aug 16, 2013
Graduated 1998 ...Got my first Job in 2008.....By my calculation 10 years without a Job..
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by OLEBRUKU(m): 5:43am On Aug 16, 2013
Four months
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by kayswag100(m): 5:47am On Aug 16, 2013
Eight months. Eight months of misery and despair because I stayed with a relative day nearly ran me mad.

Looking back, I just say 'thank you Jesus'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by benemeka: 5:55am On Aug 16, 2013
It wasnt easy 4 me. After my nysc, i stayd at homs be witout job for 1yr pluefore i decided to join Insurance coy on a contract basis. They paid us 20k transport allowance plus commision. Frm there, i got a bank job, also on contract basis which d pay was 18k plus commision. Wel i decided to move to d bank (even though d paid less dan d insurance coy) becos i believed dat bank products are more marketable dan Insurance products. In my 4th month at d bank, i was disengaged becos i culdnt meet up my target. I stayed witout job again for anoda 1yr plus. During dis period, i tried travelin out of d country to further my education but i culdnt get visa. I got anoda job in ph wit 35k as salary. I got discouraged by many pple dat i shuld leave d job but i insistd and moved to ph and startd d job. I didnt stay there upto 4 months, i got a connection dat landed me to my present job. PRAISE THY LORD, ALLELLUYA. I cant stop thankin God for His GOODNESS to me. Stay focusd n determined. Pray fervently. Change location

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Ayusacid(m): 5:59am On Aug 16, 2013
2 yrs bt tank am now d boss of myself
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by ekmike(m): 6:03am On Aug 16, 2013
it took me 10 mnths till I got wat am doin nw. I tank God, bt I seriously nid a change
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by dGroom: 6:14am On Aug 16, 2013
changed status after 8 months
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by 4mula22(m): 6:15am On Aug 16, 2013
I love this thread sha... See stories!!!
In just 2mths after NYSC, I've written 13 tests, and attended 5 interviews.
Most of them r still pending final selection and I hope for the best, cos being broke @ home aint funny.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by edwardjr: 6:16am On Aug 16, 2013
chukkydee: It took me 3mnths(last Oct 4rm my June P.O.P).. Got a contract jab, stayed 4 6mths, left 4 anoda n still job hunting 4 d 'dream job'. @ All, jst start 4rm smwhr... Dis wan wey babes dey port na wa o. Hp my own wont try it as d dream jab neva land.. God dey!
dear bro.,any lady dat cant endure wit u now wud destroy u/family 2moro. just thnk God if she does.same wit ur buddies dat look down on u. God wil do it 4 al d 'Jabez' in d house
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nnaemekajibor: 6:17am On Aug 16, 2013
i waited 4 35 days with anger and thoughts of what to do each day.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by LEXYCOM: 6:29am On Aug 16, 2013
Two month after service, I secured my first employment...God has been good to me since then....
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 16, 2013
it's now 5 months after NYSC, yet to start working. currently i'm serving as a volunteer physics instructor. I know waiting for GOD's time is not wasting of time. GOD's love never fails.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 16, 2013
It took me 5months but now I thank God in His infinite mercy got me my dream job. Hallelujah! I pray those still searching and those still looking for better jobs, God will grants your heart desires in Jesus name. Amen
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 6:58am On Aug 16, 2013
ignis: Am currently doing my service now.
I don't pray to look for job.

We all said d same tin wen serving. Its only by God's grace. Let it be unto u according to ur faith. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / Togolese Are Taking Away Our Jobs By Azuka Onwuka / FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.