Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? (37277 Views)

Staying Back After NYSC / Getting Job After NYSC: How Long Is Too Long? / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by sunny63(m): 10:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
Before my NYSC,nw working wit presidency
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
orgasticdance:
this is the sort of advice that irks me. its not about patience or gods time. this environment is skrewed up from the bottom up. a company declares a vakancy for ten people and 100,000 people apply and u say its about patience/gods time?? this economy is in the pits and is not churning enough jobs for its young people, period!! no amount of patience or faith will give ten percent of young nigerians decent jobs in the next forseeable future! my advice, if u don't have the wherewithal to create ur own job, there are more than a 101+ other countries in the world where ur skills and talents will be utiliized rather than frittering your most productive years in a rergessive and backward environment angry

100 likes

5 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by mafioso47(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Peter boy: one year and 2 months and still searching

i nearly cried after an interview with a company, the manager of the company said that am most qualified for the job but they can only aford to pay me 12k per month

i looked at the man,looked at my certificate, i remembered all the suffering i encountered during my NYSC days in Benue State and tears started rolling down
#heartfelt
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Ayab1203(f): 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Peter boy: one year and 2 months and still searching

i nearly cried after an interview with a company, the manager of the company said that am most qualified for the job but they can only aford to pay me 12k per month

i looked at the man,looked at my certificate, i remembered all the suffering i encountered during my NYSC days in Benue State and tears started rolling down

Cry no more . Pls stay strong.God will prosper u and turn ur tears to treasure. U will meet mean pple dat will seek to break ur will and spirit. Tell dem say dem no reach!! Meanwhile u can start a small biz , jst somtin small, and watch it grow. I truly feel ur pain

@ topic i picked from d several offers dat i got 3mths after nysc. And dis was after series of succesful but stressful tests and interviews. I neva 4get one interview experience dat i was invited for . I had to travel thru out d nite in order to attend d interview by 9am. The hbp i had all thru dat journey made me obey my mum sharply wen she said i shuld reject their eventual offer.am ok were i am now. Above all i now have time and adequate funds to be the entrepreneur have always wanted to be.
Stay blessed.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nicemoc(f): 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
Eleven months and still counting. I hope to stop counting soon though cos I believe I'll get a job before the end of 2013...Amen!
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by moyinoluwabun(m): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
4 years. At a time, dia was no call for any test not to talk of interview. Every thing seems as if d world is gonna end. Thank God today though.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Tos87(m): 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nicemoc: Eleven months and still counting. I hope to stop counting soon though cos I believe I'll get a job before the end of 2013...Amen!
Ϻё too.......A BIG Amen Ţ☹ that.

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
eightsin: I've totally lost my patience...i'm currntly in my 3rd month without a job n my dad doesn't gv a phvk if i hav a dime or not... U wnt b far frm d truth if u call me a desperate man. (sobs).
Well, i'm still looking up to God for that divine brkthru...i knw its gonna cum soon...very soon.
We re in the same #dad issue..so phuvked
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by phil5(m): 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
The thing is having the economic sense , u kw the country u are so wen the job haven't cm start up something if u have the biz strategy .siting nd waiting won't nd has never don any good. Some even refuse working 4 coys after hitting up their biz.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Umunede(m): 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
I landed my dream job after two months. I have been in same job for 7 years now. I am beginning to see myself as Ryan Giggs of the organization, the man who never played for another club. I thank God for his Mercies.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
damigreat: I completed my NYSC programme in Feb. I was offered an unknown job by a consultant but I refused to pay for referral letter to the unknown company. I got a job with 25k monthly attached to 30million naira target, all in March. But in the name of Jesus, I rejected slavery. I established my laundry service biz in March and still prospecting for job. I got an insurance job but was paid no dime since June. NL, am working in a bakery presently, uhm...with kids who are probably wearing pants around when I left secondary sch. But ona ofun, b ona orun o. Am still hoping for my own job.
WTF
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by redcliff: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
[size=14pt]Lol. was still serving when i got my current job. Awesome stuff..Nigeria Graduates dont know their worth and thats why they arre where they are today[/size]
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Peterboy1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
Omni_Sparrow:
Currently serving. Afta reading all these, if not for God, would have started crying.

its nt been easy my dear, were are u serving?
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Lordave: 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pathetic Stories On This Thread embarassed
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Peterboy1(m): 11:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ayab1203:

Cry no more . Pls stay strong.God will prosper u and turn ur tears to treasure. U will meet mean pple dat will seek to break ur will and spirit. Tell dem say dem no reach!! Meanwhile u can start a small biz , jst somtin small, and watch it grow. I truly feel ur pain

@ topic i got picked from d several offers dat i got. 3mths after nysc. And dis was after series of succesful but stressful tests and interviews. I neva 4get one interview experience dat i was invited for . I had to travel thru out d nite in order to attend d interview by 9am. The hbp i had all thru dat journey made me obey my mum sharply wen she said i shuld reject their eventual offer.am ok were i am now. Above all i now have time and adequate funds to be the entrepreneur have always wanted to be.
Stay blessed.

thanks bro struggle continues
pls smaal biz like what?
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by dokunbam(m): 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
Moderators, My fellow nairalanders and the guests
Thanks for your votes so far
BUT ITS GETTING HOTTER OOO

moooooooooooRE VOTE PLS

permit me to use this forum to solicit for more votes on behave of my friend

https://www.nairaland.com/1390389/nairalander-win-samsung-photo-contest

PLS NAIRALANDERS

Am trying to help a very good friend of mine to win Samsung NX300 photo contest
kindly cast your vote for him to win

The steps are as follows

Pls kindly vote for Mbiedabasi Ekpo of CARROT PHOTOGRAPHY @ www.samsungcamerang.com/nx300 pls remember to confirm ur vote by clicking the link that'll be sent to ur email

just click vote at the bottom of his picture, fill in your name and email and confirm the link in your inbox
thanks
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
U MEAN ALL THIS PPL DAT ALWAYS WRITE''1ST TO COMMENT'' ARE STILL JOBLESS, NO WONDER!!! KIP SEARCHIN
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
U MEAN ALL THIS PPL DAT ALWAYS WRITE''1ST TO COMMENT'' ARE STILL JOBLESS, NO WONDER!!!
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Olucheye(m): 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
Stories i read here tho....... Very Touching!!!!

God will open the heavens and shower down his blessings on all who seek his mercy on this thread.
Its never been by might nor by power....When it is Set time, you'll sure be unstoppable.

Keep the faith folks!
Testimonies will come around soon!
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by An0nimus: 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
Osahon7: U MEAN ALL THIS PPL DAT ALWAYS WRITE''1ST TO COMMENT'' ARE STILL JOBLESS, NO WONDER!!! KIP SEARCHIN
*facepalm*
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Olutola88(m): 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
aniffy4eva: I got my first job with a Big4 accounting firm before i finished NYSC.
Some tips:
1) Start hunting while serving. Don't wait till you finish NYSC. The whole recruitment process takes a while so you want to get a head start.
2) Invest in GMAT,SHL etc and practice till you are extremely good at it. You must constantly be in "TOP" mode.
3) Read the Bible(for me) motivational books, industry-related literature, news journals etc.
4) Always expect opportunities to show up. Desire has a funny way of attracting such opportunities to you.
5) Don't piss off your allowance. You'll need it to finance your movement.
6) Money isn't the focus now. Learning is. Always learn, unlearn and relearn. The world is extremely dynamic and your thoughts must be as fluid as well.
7) And yea.. it really helps if you graduated with at least a 2.1. But if you didn't, just know that you'll have to work harder at the chances you get.

My 2 cents.
I think I really need to know you

2 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
Was retained immidiately after NYSC. #aviation#. People with no jobs have d chance of using their basic capital (your gift) to make a living though. Buh i pray all d desires of our hearts be granted. Amen
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by maryhaam(f): 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
This comment are relieving atleast passed out june too buh hoping for the best.......masters on my mind for now to help keep away from been idle.

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Lordave: 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
Marketing Team Leader needed at Stim Tech Ltd, Lagos
Min:SSCE Exp:Entry
visit: http://www.jbng.me/239973
send c.v to 15f75@jbng.me

HR Officer needed in an Advertising Company, Lagos
Min:OND Exp:Entry
visit: http://www.jbng.me/240750 send c.v to 1627e@jbng.me

Grad Trainee needed at Nig Bottling Company Plc, Lagos
Min:Deg Exp:Entry
visit: http://www.jbng.me/239882

Elect Engineer needed in a Manufacturing Firm, Lagos
Min:HND Exp:Entry
visit: http://www.jbng.me/237513
send c.v to 155d9@jbng.me

Tech / Business Analyst Intern needed at CiteWire, Lag
Min:OND Exp:Entry
visit: http://www.jbng.me/239077
send c.v to 15bf5@jbng.me

MTN won't be deducting ma #50 for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Jadela(m): 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
Three months.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by anitank(f): 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
Reading the comments here I feel really awful. To think that I am complaining....... God will eventually answer all your prayers, including mine....amen!

During my service year,I combined working with this company and going to my ppa. I would go to the school where I teach during the day, then work all night as a customer care agent till the next day. Would rush home, take a shower then to school again. I did that every other day. It was a tough one. I used to sleep on the office floor with a mat few hours before dawn.

Anyway, after my service I started working with them full time the next day. Its not exactly my dream job as am still searching, but the pay is definitely good for a starter.

Ps: I just finished my service 2 months ago

It's all by God's grace..... plus u don't sit down in ur couch watching TV all day and expecting miracles to happen!

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by nenergy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hmmm, 9 months o! It wasn't funny. But thank God for progress. Now i'm publishing a book about my experience soon. Watch out!

1 Like

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by penny01502: 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
I got my first job before I graduated, going for nysc was just for the certificate
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by MrAboki: 12:00am On Aug 16, 2013
Mine took 3 months..

travelled out of the country 1 day after passing out parade in search of greener pastures, got my first job abroad as a labourer at construction sites at 20 dollars an hour after taxes.. Worked that job for 2 months, had a reality check-up where i had to ask if this was what I wanted to do with my life, quit work and flew back to Nigeria 1 week later. Stayed another 8 months and got this super job that im currently working.

guess i was just lucky like that.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by puffylatic(m): 12:03am On Aug 16, 2013
etochi11: 2 months and still counting.. Served in edo state. But ryt now, am in ondo state hustling in my bro hotel. Its not easy.. Pls started from sumwer cos idleness is d worst tin dt can happen to a young man.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by taiwo3(m): 12:07am On Aug 16, 2013

11 Likes

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by WIMUNR(m): 12:13am On Aug 16, 2013
In my case, I stayed almost 6 months @ home post NYSC submitting applications, writing aptitude tests and attending interviews.
6 months down the line, I took up teaching @ a Secondary school just to avoid asking parents for recharge card money and other miscellaneous.
10 months after NYSC, I got an offer and worked as a CCR with a telecoms company (with peanuts pay).
However, just 3 months afterwards, God favoured me with a better offer from a top consulting firm, where I've been working for almost 2 years now (boiz still searching for better pay o.....oil & Gas tinnz).

Trust me, those months of waiting (albeit short in my case, compared to some others here) were like hell, the endless prayers, the tears, the frustration..... I just thank God always for where I am now and for where he is taking me.

I also pray for all those still waiting that God will soon grant them their heart desires and cause them to smile. May God provide great jobs that will eclipse those months and years of waiting in Jesus Name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / Togolese Are Taking Away Our Jobs By Azuka Onwuka / FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.