Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,127 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:46 AM

The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt (24390 Views)

MAGNIFICENT 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW FOR SALE IN MOWE / Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex To Let/lease In Gbagada Phase Ii, Lagos / Magnificent 4 Bedroom Flat For Sale In Lekki With Morthgage Facility From 20year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
Wood work for the deck is in progress here.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
We intend to start iron reinforcements by tomorrow.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
More work continues tomorrow.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by DaVerdict: 2:36am On Oct 08, 2013
Bro. The waiting game shall continue for your reply to my email, it's been more than a month now and still running yet no reply in sight, so am now tempted to bring my protest here.
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 5:06am On Oct 08, 2013
Da Verdict: Bro. The waiting game shall continue for your reply to my email, it's been more than a month now and still running yet no reply in sight, so am now tempted to bring my protest here...amasonchina.

My brother, sorry for the delay. Last time we spoke on phone last week, I told you I couldn't find the mail or your exact request again, you promised to resend the mail, up till now I am still waiting for you to send the mail/request again. Can you please resend it today? Thanks Sir for your patience.
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by nnemak(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2013
KEEP it up Sir!!
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
nne_mak: KEEP it up Sir!!

Thank you.
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
As we are still working in the open here, the rains stopped work for about 5 hours today. We hope for a brighter weather tomorrow.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
We covered some ground today, but not as much as planned. Small puddles of water all around the site.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
Still tackling the carpentry work here.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
............and now, my iron workers arrives from Enugu

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Fhemmmy: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nice!
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
Fhemmmy: Nice!

Thank you Sir, iron rods reinforcement combining with carpentry going on right now in this site. By tomorrow electrical piping starts. We want to fast on this one and finish this house within this month! Lets go there!
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
spyder880:

Thank you Sir, iron rods reinforcement combining with carpentry going on right now in this site. By tomorrow electrical piping starts. We want to fast on this one and finish this house within this month! Lets go there!

I pray that God will grant you all it takes to make it happen
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I pray that God will grant you all it takes to make it happen

Amen, God is really great!
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
We are still working in this house, this is the blinding done to stand the frontal pillars in this house.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
The decking beams in this house is receiving our attention now,

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is a very important part of the house, and the rods should be formed to link in a grip-like manner.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
Strong grip, like a key lock cheesy.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
Everything must form a chain link.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
We are well stocked on iron rods.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
Granite, bamboo, planks etc, abeg lets just cast this deck and start building the upper floor, no time for delays.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
We increased the pace today, with good results.

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
My men busy tying up the decking mat.........

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
......and baking the decking biscuits......you wan chop? cheesy grin

Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Fhemmmy: 2:48am On Oct 13, 2013
^^^ Pardon my ignorance, what is that for?
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by mufutau55(m): 3:08am On Oct 13, 2013
Fhemmmy: ^^^ Pardon my ignorance, what is that for?

You beat me to it.. I have seen it (biscuits/cookies) laid under or in-between the rods/wires for deckings but I have never known why.
They are sometimes in black or white/gray like the above.. Now enquiry mind wants to know!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 5:07am On Oct 13, 2013
Fhemmmy: ^^^ Pardon my ignorance, what is that for?

mufutau55:

You beat me to it.. I have seen it (biscuits/cookies) laid under or in-between the rods/wires for deckings but I have never known why.
They are sometimes in black or white/gray like the above.. Now enquiry mind wants to know!

Hajji Mufutau

The biscuits are mere concrete pieces cast in small bits like the last picture above. They play an important role in the decking process, when dried they should be placed on top of the decking floor, place these rods running across the decking on top of it so it provides a clearance and suspends the decking rods, preventing the decking rods from lying on the wood.

We don't want the decking rods to lie directly on the wood because;

1, The rods should be right in between the slab, not on top of the wood. If the rod is on the wood after the decking wood is removed later, you will be seeing the rods from inside the house, not very good as it could start rusting if left exposed for a longer period.

2, We want this space between the wood and the rods to allow my electrical conduit pipes to be laid on the wood with minimal stress. The biscuit spacers prevent my pipes from being crushed by human movement during the casting process.

3, So why must it be made with cement/sand/stone?
We are supposed to make these biscuits with materials compatible with the decking slab itself, we don't need any foreign materials like plastic or wood which may decompose later and form a gap inside the decking slab, the alternative to baking these biscuit cookies are stone or granite lumps.

More pictures to support these explanation as the thread progresses, thanks guys.
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by mufutau55(m): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
spyder880:
The biscuits are mere concrete pieces cast in small bits like the last picture above. They play an important role in the decking process, when dried they should be placed on top of the decking floor, place these rods running across the decking on top of it so it provides a clearance and suspends the decking rods, preventing the decking rods from lying on the wood.

1, The rods should be right in between the slab, not on top of the wood. If the rod is on the wood after the decking wood is removed later, you will be seeing the rods from inside the house, not very good as it could start rusting if left exposed for a longer period.

2, We want this space between the wood and the rods to allow my electrical conduit pipes to be laid on the wood with minimal stress. The biscuit spacers prevent my pipes from being crushed by human movement during the casting process.

We are supposed to make these biscuits with materials compatible with the decking slab itself, we don't need any foreign materials like plastic or wood which may decompose later and form a gap inside the decking slab, the alternative to baking these biscuit cookies are stone or granite lumps.

More pictures to support these explanation as the thread progresses, thanks guys.

This is the reason you are the Oga of the Ogas, the Professor in-charge. The explanation is well understood.
Thank you for all the teachings..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
spyder880:

Thanks a lot for this great explanation . . . .God Bless you
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by mufutau55(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Thanks a lot for this great explanation . . . .God Bless you

My Oga Fhemmmmy... you no see say Oga pass Oga. See the explanation..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
mufutau55:

My Oga Fhemmmmy... you no see say Oga pass Oga. See the explanation..

Hajji Mufutau

The man is too much . . . he shd be lecturing at one of the Poly where practicals are not same as notebooks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant / Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep / Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.