Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige (15812 Views)

Ndiigbo: The Love For Jonathan And Hate To Ngige,okorocha Etc. / 21 Aspirants Jostle For Kogi Governorship APC Ticket [see Full List Inside] / Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

if APGA makes the mistake of fielding willie obiano or any other person in obis inner caucus, it will lose the election.
no ifs, ands or buts about it

I can not fathom what might be going on in the minds of Peter Obi and Victor Umeh now owing to the well known fact that Peter Obi is trying to instal a 'yes man' who would help protect some dirty secrets and keep anambra state federal allocation passing through Fidelity Bank. Everyone is waiting to know who he would eventually hand the ticket to
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by FreeGlobe(f): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
Shine u Eye:

Commissioning projects like Fashola hoarding the FP for a year now. Its always Fashola meets a/b/c/ or he visits 1.2.3.

If Fashola goes to the toilet and there was picture evidence, agbameta/Eko Ile/his numerous user names would cajole the mods to put it on front page.

Check this thread where Fashola met the "Acting" "Deputy" "Assistant" Secretary for African Affairs. You guessed it, it was front page.

https://www.nairaland.com/1402660/fashola-receives-u.s-diplomats-urges#17525569
My brother, nairaland is fast going down the drain, their obsession with APC lately is rather irritating. They have turned the nairaland homepage to a dumping ground for APC propagan. A thread titled PDP call Fashola a dictator was downplayed out of relevance without hitting homepage whereas we have such senseless non factual threads as Osun embarks on massive construction or so without pictures flooding the homepage, if nairaland authorities does not reconsider this new recklessness then they should be ready for what will come.

1 Like

Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
a lot of Anambra youths were hoping for Soludo to come in to create jobs for them
then this nonsense happened
we know that Ngige can never create jobs more than Soludo
that is why Soludo will still win if he somehow contests
Anambra needs real development that comes with jobs creation
nobody touches Soludo in these.
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

I can not fathom what might be going on in the minds of Peter Obi and Victor Umeh now owing to the well known fact that Peter Obi is trying to instal a 'yes man' who would help protect some dirty secrets and keep anambra state federal allocation passing through Fidelity Bank. Everyone is waiting to know who he would eventually hand the ticket to

he will not get that "yes man". this debacle is exposing a lot of Obis "nyash".
Anambra people are angry at him right now because of Soludo
come to facebook and other Igbo group pages and see raw anger
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by FreeGlobe(f): 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

if APGA makes the mistake of fielding willie obiano or any other person in obis inner caucus, it will lose the election.
no ifs, ands or buts about it
If APGA fields anybody other than Soludo and if Soludo decides not to contest, PDP will win the election
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe:
If APGA fields anybody other than Soludo and if Soludo decides not to contest, PDP will win the election

who in PDP can defeat Ngige?
please name names
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by asha80(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:
i also think that Ngige is more likely to win than any PDP candidate
in fact PDP will find it harsh in Anambra if this Soludo's debacle continues
there is a lot of anger against PDP and APGA right now
and if Soludo joins another party to contest the elections, he will win provided he campaigns hard enough.
we want real change in Anambra state
not village developments angry
do not underestimate uba's rigging machine.do you think uba became senate commitee chairman for inec for fun?
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
asha 80: [b]do not underestimate uba's rigging machine[/b]do you think uba became senate commitee chairman for fun?

you see,this is my fear!
PDP wants to take us back to early 2000s when Anambra was a war zone
i honestly hope they are not planning that
because this time, with APC around, it will be terrible!
but why is Peter Obi and jonathan doing this to us? angry
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by FreeGlobe(f): 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
asha 80: do not underestimate uba's rigging machine.do you think uba became senate commitee chairman for fun?
Exactly, people will not see this until it hits them in the face. Added to the latest controversies trailing Ngige which they he will use against him. Let's just pray Soludo runs.
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
i honestly hope that nobody is planning to rig elections in Anambra state
i thought we have gone past stealing of people's mandate in Anambra state.
this nonsense is very annoying and depressing
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by ShineuEye: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe:
My brother, nairaland is fast going down the drain, their obsession with APC lately is rather irritating. They have turned the nairaland homepage to a dumping ground for APC propagan. A thread titled PDP call Fashola a dictator was downplayed out of relevance without hitting homepage whereas we have such senseless non factual threads as Osun embarks on massive construction or so without pictures flooding the homepage, if nairaland authorities does not reconsider this new recklessness then they should be ready for what will come.

Other alternatives have sprung up, may the best survive I say.
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe:

Will Ndi Anambra just vote PDP for the sakes of it or dispassionately look at all the candidates vis-a-viz what they have to offer?

Will Ndi Anambra close their eyes and mind to what the Ubas represent politically and vote Andy irrespective of what they did with Chinwoke Mbadinuju and tried to do with Onwa before he put them in their track?

Rather than go back to the years of the locust, I believe Anambrarians should vote Chris Nwabueze Ngige- a man who is not afraid to fight for what is right whenever whosoever is trying to be overbearing.

Oshiomhole who is not a Yoruba man and is undebatably a performer has never had issues with whoever his party leader is hence trying to crucify Ngige cos he is in APC is just like shouting 'fire,fire' where there is none

While some of youths have sworn never to have anything to do with other tribes...but I am of the view that we all should close ranks and not allow our elders sow seed of discord amongst us to achieve their selfish and political ends

2 Likes

Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by asha80(m): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

you see,this is my fear!
re@lchange:

you see,this is my fear!
re@lchange:

you see,this is my fear!
have you asked how uba became senator for anambra south?if pdp is unpopular in anambra then how come uba became senator with pdp?ngige's fan should not underestimate what uba's rigging machine can do unless anambrarians are vigilant and stand there ground.i say this because i see some people in this thread already feeling ngige's is coast clear.even the so much maligned ifeanyi ubah would also get some votes here and there because of his useless spending of cash as there would always be people swayed with cash....not all voters are enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
asha 80: have you asked how uba became senator for anambra south?if pdp is unpopular in anambra then how come uba became senator with pdp?ngige's fan should not underestimate what uba's rigging machine can do unless anambrarians are vigilant and stand there ground.i say this because i see some people in this thread already feeling ngige's is coast clear.even the so much maligned ifeanyi ubah would also get some votes here and there because of his useless spending of cash as there would always be people swayed with cash....not all voters are enlightened.

there is a difference between sectional elections and state wide elections
andy uba is still popular in his own town and LGAs (aguata/orumba), so even if he rigged it won't be much
try that in the whole state and see trouble!
ifeanyi uba is there as you stated, and yes some people will still vote based on money
but these cannot trump popularity statewide
Ngige is still popular
only Soludo could have beaten him
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by kaze4blues(m): 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe: BTw where is the internal democracy in the so called progressive APC. why are Democratic primary elections alien to APC. If its not a grand owner imposing candidates, its a group of cabals reaching an agreement among themselves

Why must you hate on every topic that has the APC or SW as a caption.

If the leaders from wherever you may come from underperformers, it is nobody's fault but those of you and your people.

Learn to appreciate performers.
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
kaze4blues:

Why must you hate on every topic that has the APC or SW as a caption.

If the leaders from wherever you may come from underperformers, it is nobody's fault but those of you and your people.

Learn to appreciate performers.

but she asked a fair question
where is the democratic process in APC?
is selection democracy?
i tire for nigerians
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by asha80(m): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

there is a difference between sectional elections and state wide elections
andy uba is still popular in his own town and LGAs (aguata/orumba), so even if he rigged it won't be much
try that in the whole state and see trouble!
ifeanyi uba is there as you stated, and yes some people will still vote based on money
but these cannot trump popularity statewide
Ngige is still popular
only Soludo could have beaten him
you do not seem to get what i saying ...every single vote matters..potential vote ngige could have gotten from that axis could be rigged in uba's favour thereby reducing potential votes ngige can get there....same thing with nnewi's ubah.all these small small votes are important.
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
asha 80: you do not seem to get what i saying ...every single vote matters..potential vote ngige could have gotten from that axis could be rigged in uba's favour thereby reducing potential votes ngige can get there....same thing with nnewi's ubah.all these small small votes are important.

if the elections ends up in rigging, PDP still cannot win because others know the game now.
it may end up being 30% Ngige, 30% Andy Uba, and 35% ifeanyi Uba cool
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by asha80(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

if the elections ends up in rigging, PDP still cannot win because others know the game now.
it may end up being 30% Ngige, 30% Andy Uba, and 35% ifeanyi Uba cool
that now would be a stalemate.would not be suprised if an unpopular candidate clinches this.
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by plaindealer: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

but she asked a fair question
where is the democratic process in APC?
is selection democracy?
i tire for nigerians

Winning elections is all about presenting the best candidate not only to win the election, but also to do the job. Sensible and thoughtful politicians place their cards on the table and do the best thing for their party and the people they are representing, they don't have to fight, engage in pointless primaries that serves no purpose.

We have one great candidate ceding to over a greater candidate and you are here demanding primaries? Primaries for what?

Prosecutor still dey carry case go trail after convict don confess and sign confession?

Must you people not make any sense all the damn time grin grin

Are we no watching the laughable, dramatic, crooked and deplorable democracy movie on the other side with the Aso Rock joker/PDA steering and dictating to select and eject candidates?

Was Soludo not your best hope? And how was he rubbished and thrown under the bus? In a democratic fashion and primaries right?

Abeg no dey insult our intelligence with your monkey banana talk......

2 Likes

Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
plaindealer:

Winning elections is all about presenting the best candidate not only to win the election, but also to do the job. Sensible and thoughtful politicians place their cards on the table and do the best thing for their party and the people they are representing, they don't have to fight, engage in pointless primaries that serves no purpose.

We have one great candidate ceding to over a greater candidate and you are here demanding primaries? Primaries for what?

Must you people not make any sense all the damn time grin grin

Are we no watching the laughable, dramatic, crooked and deplorable democracy movie on the other side with the Aso Rock joker/PDA steering and dictating to select and eject candidates?

Was Soludo not your best hope? And how was he rubbished and thrown under the bus? In a democratic fashion and primaries right?

Abeg no dey insult our intelligence with your monkey banana talk......

if that is the case, then why don't we have military rule?
why bother to seek popular participation, a process called democracy?
you still don't get it.
anytime a candidate fails to go through a proper democratic process
something is lost in the democratic system
that thing is called "due process".
if a party is not interested in due process
this is the clearest indication that it will not care about what the people want or thinks when it gets to power
we saw it abundantly during OBJs PDP era
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
lollz at the rigging. All dat was required was a little P.R to seal the deal for Soludo. Look into his profile and u will find out exactly wat Anambra is missing out on. Andy Uba will take Anambra back to the dayz of Nwobodo. i don't need to tell u who and what Nwobodo is all about since i know him very well.

Gudluck with the rigging.
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: lollz at the rigging. All dat was required was a little P.R to seal the deal for Soludo. Look into his profile and u will find out exactly wat Anambra is missing out on. Andy Uba will take Anambra back to the dayz of Nwobodo. i don't need to tell u who and what Nwobodo is all about since i know him very well.

Gudluck with the rigging.

hahaha PDP is not popular in Anambra state grin
their candidates may have rigged senatorial elections
statewide is a different kettle
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

grin grin PDP is in for a big let down in Anambra besides, can't see Uba winning over Ngige, wat magic is dat? GEJ needs to take criticism as well as praise and stop this in-fighting in his house. (I have not said anything dat will warrant my key to go missing. hooha!)
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by FreeGlobe(f): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

it seems you are allowing your emotions to take hold of you. You think a party that has 2 senators, house of reps members etc is even without minding the powers of a sitting governor is nor popular. You better start bracing up for reality. You know if it finally ends at money politics, Andy Ubah will clinch it
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by OLANIYI101: 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
Is it a hidden thing that Buhari caused the mayhem that killed millions of Nigerian in the north since 2011? We were here when he declared war on Nigerians. I weep for any state that will vote APC...it is a direct flight to extremism. Check out what is happening in Osun state, the clown there has succeeded in turning the state into somalia. No development, no nothing. Am from SW but I have not seen anything good out of Buhari and Tinubu. Each APC gov gives Tinubu 1billion every month. Have you asked why SW has the highest debt profile in the country. Recently all the contracts in Imo state has been abandoned because he has to service Tinubu to the detriment of good people of Imo state. Rochas is a good man, but Tinubu has radicalized him.
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe:
it seems you are allowing your emotions to take hold of you. You think a party that has 2 senators, house of reps members etc is even without minding the powers of a sitting governor is nor popular. You better start bracing up for reality. You know if it finally ends at money politics, Andy Ubah will clinch it

andy uba may have money, but he has not used it as smartly as ifeanyi uba.
ifeanyi uba has been buying the peoples heart in clever ways.
yes PDP is not very popular in Anambra -they mainly win by rigging
but i don't think that anyone in his right senses would depend on rigging in november
we voted PDP in the presidential polls only
but that may change if Soludo is not allowed to run in November
it may be a lose lose for PDP and APGA in november
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
OLANIYI101: Is it a hidden thing that Buhari caused the mayhem that killed millions of Nigerian in the north since 2011? We were here when he declared war on Nigerians. I weep for any state that will vote APC...it is a direct flight to extremism. Check out what is happening in Osun state, the clown there has succeeded in turning the state into somalia. No development, no nothing. Am from SW but I have not seen anything good out of Buhari and Tinubu. Each APC gov gives Tinubu 1billion every month. Have you asked why SW has the highest debt profile in the country. Recently all the contracts in Imo state has been abandoned because he has to service Tinubu to the detriment of good people of Imo state. Rochas is a good man, but Tinubu has radicalized him.

Who is this son of sceva
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

Who is this son of sceva

someone who seems to know the truth. cheesy
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by Tosin7(f): 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
they can vote anyhow they like, its there business.
Re: Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige by agbameta: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

if that is the case, then why don't we have military rule?
why bother to seek popular participation, a process called democracy?
you still don't get it.
anytime a candidate fails to go through a proper democratic process
something is lost in the democratic system
that thing is called "due process".
if a party is not interested in due process
this is the clearest indication that it will not care about what the people want or thinks when it gets to power
we saw it abundantly during OBJs PDP era

Is their any better process than a prudent and matured process where a candidate did the right thing by ceding over to a better candidates instead of fighting and mud slinging in some pointless primary or insulting and rubbishing people like the kangaroo AGPA party just did to soludo?

Please keep your crooked, immature and kangaroo politics to yourself...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nasarawa Government House Without Electricity For 24 Years - FG / Angry Constituents Attack Magaji Da’u's Convoy / Tony Cole Clinches Rivers APC Governorship Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.