Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,954 members, 7,848,881 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27373 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

Since the nigerian police can solve all crimes, perhaps society can do away with institutions that regulate industries such as health, food, etc

No need laying down the rules and regulations, just refer everything to the police. In your highly myopic point of view, security threats arise only when the traders start carrying guns.

I have told you to try and find your level but you won't listen. Instead you go through a thread and reply firstly to my post and then get humiliated with my response.

On a serious note, I am not into guys, take your fixation elsewhere.

Very very frustrating. With a segment of the society refusing to submit to the same laws and regulation that the rest of the society must respect and yield to, where do we go from here? Lawlessness, total breakdown of law and order, anarchy?

Wait till the other segments of the society echoed the same lawless and anti authority attitude? I think this more than tribalism, this is backwardness and absurd group thinking topped with self destructive behavior.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0key: 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

Since the nigerian police can solve all crimes, perhaps society can do away with institutions that regulate industries such as health, food, etc

No need laying down the rules and regulations, just refer everything to the police. In your highly myopic point of view, security threats arise only when the traders start carrying guns.

I have told you to try and find your level but you won't listen. Instead you go through a thread and reply firstly to my post and then get humiliated with my response.

On a serious note, I am not into guys, take your fixation elsewhere.

How does fighting crime equate to regulation of food, health etc? U are not making any sense.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by babestella: 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
mascot87:
What makes you prefer Lagos a Yoruba owned territory to your home town back in the village and at dsame time you castigate the government of your host community.

No, you for carry mat go dey sleep for National stadium too, Shebi na Lagos land owner you bi. Animal. Make una dey target igbos and their businesses, the one who pursues a small chicken is the one who owes the ground a fall. Soon and very soon.....

These actions in,y shows that the so called Lagosians don't have any tangible business that can yield taxes and revenues that can even sustain the state, hence they want to milk igbos die. No matter how much your touts steal from igbos, they can't run igbos down. Igbos lead while other follow. Get that into your goat brain.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Right now, Igbo is out of favor in Lagos. We will throw the law books at their so called constitutional rights, lets see how far the constitution can survive the law.

slave mentality
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
babestella:

No, you for carry mat go dey sleep for National stadium too, Shebi na Lagos land owner you bi. Animal. Make una dey target igbos and their businesses, the one who pursues a small chicken is the one who owes the ground a fall. Soon and very soon.....

These actions in,y shows that the so called Lagosians don't have any tangible business that can yield taxes and revenues that can even sustain the state, hence they want to milk igbos die. No matter how much your touts steal from igbos, they can't run igbos down. Igbos lead while other follow. Get that into your goat brain.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ALTRUTH(m): 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

Can competition in the East be stiffer than in the US? How many Americans do you find outside the US escaping from competition? And I am not referring to conglomerates such as coke, chevron, etc

What of the Chinese that are all over Africa searching for business opportunities, make their money and remit to China? Is it that Africa is more developed than China Americans & Israelis largely restrict their traveling because of security reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ekwynwa: 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
And I ask again who are these regulatory agencies ? And what exactly is the role of the commissioner for transportation in all these? What has his ministry got to do with the purported security threat? What has his transport ministry got to do with regularization of spare parts importation?

Below is list of some regulatory agencies.

Product Certification---- Standard Organisation of Nigeria SON
Food and Health products …. NAFDAC

• Nigerian Police
• Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)
• Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
• National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
• Nigerian Copyright Commission (NCC)
• Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC)
• Nigeria Immigration Service(NIS)
• Nigerian Custom Service (NCS)
• Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC)
• Nigeria Prisons Service (NPS)
• National Tasksforce(Natforce)Nigeria.

• National Agency For Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) (http://naseni.org)
• National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) (www.nimc.gov.ng)
• National Universities Commission (NUC)
• National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission (NSIWC)
• Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria (FAAN)
• Federal Environmental Protection Agency (FEPA)
• Federal Housing Authority (FHA)
• Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
• Legal Aid Council of Nigeria (LACoN)
• National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
• National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
• National Orientation Agency (NOA)
• National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA)
• National Environmental Standard and Regulation Enforcement Agency (NESREA)
• National Space Research Development Agency (NASRDA)
• National Planning Commission (NPC)
• National Centre for Remote Sensing, Jos (NCRS)
• National Sports Commission (NSC)
• National Water Resources Institute (NWRI)
• National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)
• Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)
• Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation (NAIC) (www.naic.org)
• National Agricultural Extension, Research and Liaison Services (NAERLS)
• National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
• Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA)
• Nigerian Shippers' Council
• National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP)
• National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP)
• Standards Organisation of Nigeria {SON}
• Small and Medium Enterprise Development Agency of Nigeria [SMEDAN]
• National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP) (www.notap.gov.ng)
• Industrial Training Fund (ITF)
• National Veterinary Research Institute (NVRI)
• National Lottery Regulatory Commission
• Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria
• Nigerian Integrated Water Resources Commission
• Consumer Protection Council (CPC)(www.cpc.gov.ng)
• Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC)(www.icrc.gov.ng)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ALTRUTH(m): 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
agbameta:

Very very frustrating. With a segment of the society refusing to submit to the same laws and regulation that the rest of the society must respect and yield to, where do we go from here? Lawlessness, total breakdown of law and order, anarchy?

Wait till the other segments of the society echoed the same lawless and anti authority attitude? I think this more than tribalism, this is backwardness and absurd group thinking topped with self destructive behavior.

Kindly state the laws and regulations that the traders have refused to submit to? These guys have been paying required taxes so why all the harassment??
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

What of the Chinese that are all over Africa searching for business opportunities, make their money and remit to China? Is it that Africa is more developed than China Americans & Israelis largely restrict their traveling because of security reasons.
1000000 likes!
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Kindly state the laws and regulations that the traders have refused to submit to? These guys have been paying required taxes so why all the harassment??
Baba Oloja things on my mind...... grin
Baba Oloja is now a new regulatory agency in Lagos. I stand to be corrected. grin
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Lagosbabe1: 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALTRUTH: [b]I am beginning to sense that Yorubas are nursing this fear that Igbos are secretly plotting to take their land from them and that is why they are trying their best to show the Igbos that "We own this land." However, nothing could be farther from the truth. We are in Lagos to work, do our businesses and generally make a living. I have also read comments saying that the East is not developed but this is a big lie, the East is developed although Abia & Ebonyi are lagging) and is still developing as I write. Travel to the East and see for yourselves instead of shouting "caves, caves" as you often do. Yes, there is no state in the East as developed as Lagos just like there is no other state like Lagos in Nigeria. Another thing you guys must note is that our land in the East is too small for us that is another reason where you find us in great numbers in Lagos and parts of the north. Competition in the East is very stiff and we cannot all stay there.

There should be mutual respect and understanding[/b]

The bolded above is very laughable. What you are sensing is absolutely false! Yorubas are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria-fact! It is only in Yoruba land that all tribes can live in peace and be treated fairly, it is only in Yorubaland that any tribe in Nigeria can come and reside and they and their families will have equal access to education, healthcare and other public facilities and amenities.

I am tired of listening to all the story that an Hausa man was Mayor of Enugu or Aba in the 1930s or thereabouts, the fact is that it is only in YORUBA LAND that you will find an Ibo man hold such an important position as the Commissioner of Finance- we are very progressive in our orientation and deeds. However, a lot of people have misunderstood the gentility of the Tiger as weakness; Or how will OUK and a lot of IBOs declare Lagos as No Man's Land? The same land that gave Ibos the opportunity to rebuild their lives after the civil war? The same Land that educated your children?

You say the competition is very stiff in the SE, what do you exactly mean by that? Are you trying to imply that all the the potentials of all your states have already been taken advantage of? Your assertion is very ironic given the fact that the SE is relatively not as developed as the SW; I would have imagined that given the acclaimed Ibo ingenuity and brilliance, Ndigbo would have developed and taken optimal advantage of the opportunities in their own land before seeking it elsewhere. You claim to be Jews, but have you looked at how the Israelis are dominating the world in sectors such as IT, Science and Research? Most of this is done in Tel-Aviv and they have a loud voice all over the world due to their ability to be innovative and creative. I am not being disingenuous, but I can hardly see any resemblance in culture, attitude or mindset between Ibos or Jews.

The most important thing you said is that we should have mutual respect for each other- very important point! Respect however is a two way street, I can only respect you if and when you respect me. Ibos saying that Lagos is a no mans land is not respect, it is absolute disrespect. Respect begets respect my dear friend.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ALTRUTH(m): 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Baba Oloja things on my mind...... grin
Baba Oloja is now a new regulatory agency in Lagos. I stand to be corrected. grin

Extortion should be condemned no matter how people try tom paint it. I bet you the babaoloja will demand monthly payments from the legitimate traders who have already paid their taxes to the government. This is just too bad!

I now see how LASG has been generating its huge IGR!!!! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Kingspin(m): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Security! Security!! Security!!!

Regulation! Regulation!! Regulation!!!

Read&Understand!
Read&Understand!!
Read&Understand!!!

Comply or Go to Village!
Comply or Go to Village!!
Comply or Go to Village!!!
U must be sleeping and snoring the same time.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
0key:

How does fighting crime equate to regulation of food, health etc? U are not making any sense.

If you read the original article, you will observe that the major complaint by LASG is the unwillingness of the parts dealers to subject their body to LASG regulations. An unregulated body can be infiltrated by criminals who steal cars, break them up, and sell in the open market. This is not different from the security posed by unregulated abattoirs who may sell diseased meat to the general public. Since ATM's point was that the threat could be reported to the police, my response was that there should be no need for any regulations or regulated bodies since the ever efficient Nigerian Police Force is present to deal with any threats.

The issue many of you have is the understanding of what a security threat is. For instance, it was reported in the news recently, that an abattoir was discovered preparing unfit for consumption meat. If meat sellers refuse to abide by regulations or subject themselves to the appropriate body, how will such a body protect society from such threats?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Firstly, Chinese firms in Africa are State backed or sponsored. They are not individuals who are roaming all over Africa looking for opportunities. So you can't compare the action of enterprises or governments to individuals.

Second, Alaigbo is likely to be more competitive than China. China is a very regulated and closed country. There are many economic reports of private enterprise being stifled in China because of the Government's involvement in most industries. China can't be compared with the US in terms of competition, so you had better find another example.

Third, for competition to be very stiff in Alaigbo, you are more or less stating that there is no room for growth. That is simply not true.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Try and read the original article, comprehend, before commenting.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

you should have known that! where else do you think LASG gets its IGR if not taxation? That's why they are the richest state in Nigeria. Even without oil, they can stand on their own by taxing the living day light of its residence. grin
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Extortion should be condemned no matter how people try tom paint it. I bet you the babaoloja will demand monthly payments from the legitimate traders who have already paid their taxes to the government. This is just too bad!

berem: you should have known that! where else do you think LASG gets its IGR if not taxation? That's why they are the richest state in Nigeria. Even without oil, they can stand on their own by taxing the living day light of its residence. grin

Demand and Supply; its simple economics.

That's what other states should be doing instead of electing dolts as administrators.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0key: 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

If you read the original article, you will observe that the major complaint by LASG is the unwillingness of the parts dealers to subject their body to LASG regulations. An unregulated body can be infiltrated by criminals who steal cars, break them up, and sell in the open market. This is not different from the security posed by unregulated abattoirs who may sell diseased meat to the general public. Since ATM's point was that the threat could be reported to the police, my response was that there should be no need for any regulations or regulated bodies since the ever efficient Nigerian Police Force is present to deal with any threats.

The issue many of you have is the understanding of what a security threat is. For instance, it was reported in the news recently, that an abattoir was discovered preparing unfit for consumption meat. If meat sellers refuse to abide by regulations or subject themselves to the appropriate body, how will such a body
protect society from such threats?

How does imposing tax on people who carry out legitimate duties become a way of regulating their activities? To me it doesn't make any sense.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, said this at a stakeholders meeting on Wednesday, organised by the Motor Vehicle Administration Agency.

Licensing of Auto/ Spare Parts Dealers, Riders Identification Card and most importantly, keeping of a robust Database on Vehicles/Owners.
http://www.lsmvaa.com/about.php

The highlighted is solely responsible for Licensing of Auto/ Spare Parts Dealers in Lagos state meaning for public safety and health reasons, they must license every auto parts trader in Lagos state, they must have every auto parts dealer in Laos state on their data base, they must know who is selling auto parts in Lagos state and what they are selling.

Not knowing who is selling and exactly what they are selling like like the quality of the products and where they came from. This is clearly a safety, health issue and since this state agency charged to administer such practices in Lagos state was establish and empowered by the people of Lagos state and back with the laws of Lagos state via the state legislature so not yielding to the state agency in charge of their operations was against the law and criminal.

Btw, saying they are saying they are paying the required taxes is your opinion and not a statement of fact because you don't know and I don't how you tax business you know little or nothing about since they are not operating under any kind of license or or official administration.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ekwynwa: 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
They do not deal in second hand spare parts aka tokumbo…….LASG should come out clean and clearly state what they want from the spare parts dealers…….
My question still stands …what regulations are we talking about here? Please let’s avoid undue ambiguities and explicitly deal with specifics.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
0key:

How does imposing tax on people who carry out legitimate duties become a way of regulating their activities? To me it doesn't make any sense.

Paying taxes is the most basic form of regulation, this is pretty much elementary..
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by MayorofLagos(m): 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

The issue many of you have is the understanding of what a security threat is. For instance, it was reported in the news recently, that an abattoir was discovered preparing unfit for consumption meat. If meat sellers refuse to abide by regulations or subject themselves to the appropriate body, how will such a body protect society from such threats?

When you say conflict, the Igbo mind drifts to war. When you mention compromise, their mind drifts to cowardice. When you mention industry, they equate it to trading fake spare parts. When you talk about capital infrastructure they immediately believe you are talking mansions.

I am not surprised at their equating safety and security concerns of a state govt with petty theft and bakassi cutlass wielding touts in ASPAMDA. If you ever wanted to know what is meant by arrested development, interact with an Igbo and you will right away discover the definition.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
ekwy nwa: They do not deal in second hand spare parts aka tokumbo…….LASG should come out clean and clearly state what they want from the spare parts dealers…….
My question still stands …what regulations are we talking about here? Please let’s avoid undue ambiguities and explicitly deal with specifics.

Sounds like you can not read and comprehend English words...
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ALTRUTH(m): 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

The bolded above is very laughable. What you are sensing is absolutely false! Yorubas are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria-fact! It is only in Yoruba land that all tribes can live in peace and be treated fairly, it is only in Yorubaland that any tribe in Nigeria can come and reside and they and their families will have equal access to education, healthcare and other public facilities and amenities.

I am tired of listening to all the story that an Hausa man was Mayor of Enugu or Aba in the 1930s or thereabouts, the fact is that it is only in YORUBA LAND that you will find an Ibo man hold such an important position as the Commissioner of Finance- we are very progressive in our orientation and deeds. However, a lot of people have misunderstood the gentility of the Tiger as weakness; Or how will OUK and a lot of IBOs declare Lagos as No Man's Land? The same land that gave Ibos the opportunity to rebuild their lives after the civil war? The same Land that educated your children?

You say the competition is very stiff in the SE, what do you exactly mean by that? Are you trying to imply that all the the potentials of all your states have already been taken advantage of? Your assertion is very ironic given the fact that the SE is relatively not as developed as the SW; I would have imagined that given the acclaimed Ibo ingenuity and brilliance, Ndigbo would have developed and taken optimal advantage of the opportunities in their own land before seeking it elsewhere. You claim to be Jews, but have you looked at how the Israelis are dominating the world in sectors such as IT, Science and Research? Most of this is done in Tel-Aviv and they have a loud voice all over the world due to their ability to be innovative and creative. I am not being disingenuous, but I can hardly see any resemblance in culture, attitude or mindset between Ibos or Jews.

The most important thing you said is that we should have mutual respect for each other- very important point! Respect however is a two way street, I can only respect you if and when you respect me. Ibos saying that Lagos is a no mans land is not respect, it is absolute disrespect. Respect begets respect my dear friend.

[b]I give it to you that Yorubas are very accommodating people, that is a fact, I myself was born and raised in Lagos. However what do you exactly mean by you gave us our lives back and gave our children education? None of these things were handed to the Igbos free of charge in Yoruba land. Yoruba children and those of other ethnic groups also benefited from the then free education so it is not as though it was designed to help the Igbos.

Again, you have to give it to the Igbos for getting to the point where we are now. The Nigerian government after the civil war deliberately created policies to marginalize the Igbos. Government after government have neglected the SE which they saw as 'Rebel territory.' A good example is the 20 pound policy. It is the Jewish blood in us that has energized us to get to where we are today even though I admit we still have a lot to do. You guys should stop describing our land as caves; they are not oooo! Travel to the East and see for yourself what we are doing. We know what we are looking for in Lagos.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
0key:

Firstly, there is no mention of tax in the original article. I stand to be corrected though. You can read it yourself.

Second, If they are unregulated, you can't get them to comply and you can't know how many members they have. This poses two major issues

1. Criminals can mix with honest and legitimate businessmen

2. You can't know who to tax and how much to tax them with. Again this is to the disadvantage of the honest business men. For instance, if the govt believes there are 200 members when there are infact 400 members. The government will apportion the tax evenly to meet its obligations. If you divide an obligation of 2000 Naira amongst 200 members instead of 400 members, the honest members will pay 10 Naira instead of 5.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0key: 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

The issue many of you have is the understanding of what a security threat is. For instance, it was reported in the news recently, that an abattoir was discovered preparing unfit for consumption meat. If meat sellers refuse to abide by regulations or subject themselves to the appropriate body, how will such a body
protect society from such threats?

How does imposing additional tax on people who engage in legitimate businesses ( and also pay their required dues and taxes) become a way of regulating their activities? They are now labelled security threats just because they queried the rational behind their demand.

Besides, are d spare parts dralers d only group that should be subjected to pay tax? What about other groups? In fact this move by LASG is questionable
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

When you say conflict, the Igbo mind drifts to war. When you mention compromise, their mind drifts to cowardice. When you mention industry, they equate it to trading fake spare parts. When you talk about capital infrastructure they immediately believe you are talking mansions.

I am not surprised at their equating safety and security concerns of a state govt with petty theft and bakassi cutlass wielding touts in ASPAMDA. If you ever wanted to know what is meant by arrested development, interact with an Igbo and you will right away discover the definition.

Their mentality and mindset is just too bleeped up, I don't see them advancing anytime soon or functioning positively in any sane, lawful and civilized society because regardless of our daily runs and other day to day activities like making money, we still have our societal and communal obligations, things we need to do to hold us together as a society.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Kingspin(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
The same types of stories week in & week-out.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
ALTRUTH:

[b]I give it to you that Yorubas are very accommodating people, that is a fact, I myself was born and raised in Lagos. However what do you exactly mean by you gave us our lives back and gave our children education? None of these things were handed to the Igbos free of charge in Yoruba land. Yoruba children and those of other ethnic groups also benefited from the then free education so it is not as though it was designed to help the Igbos.

Again, you have to give it to the Igbos for getting to the point where we are now. The Nigerian government after the civil war deliberately created policies to marginalize the Igbos. Government after government have neglected the SE which they saw as 'Rebel territory.' A good example is the 20 pound policy. It is the Jewish blood in us that has energized us to get to where we are today even though I admit we still have a lot to do. You guys should stop describing our land as caves; they are not oooo! Travel to the East and see for yourself what we are doing. We know what we are looking for in Lagos.[/b]

Oh please spare us that played out cop out crap. What's all that got to do with obeying the laws in Lagos state.

If you don't want to be called cave people, then start acting like non cave people, start acting obeying laws, start shouldering your social responsibilities, stop acting as if making money is the beginning and end of everything..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nebeuwa(m): 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
Each week the Lagos state government is taking actions that can be perceived to be aimed at the Ndigbo. If this is not economic warfare, I do not know what is...

This stinks of tribalism...

But at least this is a wake up call for those Igbo Lagosians.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ALTRUTH(m): 11:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

Firstly, Chinese firms in Africa are State backed or sponsored. They are not individuals who are roaming all over Africa looking for opportunities. So you can't compare the action of enterprises or governments to individuals.

Second, Alaigbo is likely to be more competitive than China. China is a very regulated and closed country. There are many economic reports of private enterprise being stifled in China because of the Government's involvement in most industries. China can't be compared with the US in terms of competition, so you had better find another example.

Third, for competition to be very stiff in Alaigbo, you are more or less stating that there is no room for growth. That is simply not true.

There are countless number of Chinese running individual businesses all over Nigeria even in the north where bombs are flying, they are there too. It is not because China is full of caves but because of an enterprising and adventurous spirit.

When I say there is stiff competition in the East it does not mean that there is no room for growth. Even in America, Germany which are the best economies in the world, there is still room for growth. I am not saying that we have arrived in the East but you will agree that the large percentage of Igbos in Yoruba land are in Lagos. The reason is simple, lagos is the economic capital of this country and it has the only real functioning seaport for now(Ibaka seaport will commence operations in 2015 at Akwa Ibom)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack; Special NAF Commandos Deployed To Zamfara State. Photos / Highlights Of Kemi Adeosun Activities As Finance Minister / Alao-Akala: Seyi Makinde Mourns, Orders Flags To Fly At Half-Mast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.