Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27258 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 22, 2013
With all these happenings...i can't imagine any right thinking person voting for the APC in the federal elections. They have proved to be a group of tribalistic bi'gots. Progressives my NYASSHH!!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:58am On Aug 22, 2013
berem: If they are paying landlease rights, not Trade Fair! have you forgotten that from Festac Town down to the Army Barracks along Lagos Badagry expressway is owned by FG? Including Trade Fair itself? what the heck are you saying?

FG owns the structure does not equate to FG own the land.

Look, the only lands that are exempted are those inherited from the colonial govt and even those are not owned, but it is exempt from leasehold agreements. The colonials with their might and laws and guns could not even own lands in Lagos. They were alloted lands (land lots and plots) to develop but never to own.

When Dosumu ceeded Lagos and signed it to England, the British thought they had a deal but soon found out the land did not belong to Dosumu.

Constitution of Nigeria led you to believe it owns Lagos, but you shall soon see clearly that this Constitution itself is a tenant on the land.

Kalu just found out last week. If he doesnt hurry up and pay his tax or go and dobale and beg Fashola he will discover in 6days that the Constitution lied to him about ownership of Lagos. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:00am On Aug 22, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Easy is dead...Omoluabi is on vacation.
Omo onile is asserting his birthrights!
Have a look at my signature and cure yourself of crass ignorance.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by mascot87(m): 9:03am On Aug 22, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Right now, Igbo is out of favor in Lagos. We will throw the law books at their so called constitutional rights, lets see how far the constitution can survive the law.
Good point my brother, go to the North they claim constitutional right on another man's land, go to the SS, they claim constitutional right now SW again they are claiming constitutional right.I haven't heard of any other tribe in Nigeria claiming constitutional right over another tribes territory except igbos.I remember we were told then while at the NYSC orientation camp that we should respect the laws of the land when we have been posted to our different PPA. For example,we were told not to kill snake in some community(In Igbo land),will I now say because we kill snake down here in the SW I should now kill there snakes?NO,I have to respect there laws and tradition and not imposing mine on them. The truth I know is that what igbos practice here in the SW cannot be allowed to be done by any other tribe in there region.

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:06am On Aug 22, 2013
berem: It is only in Lagos i hear all manner of taxes being imposed on Lagosians. what the fucck is MVVA? chai! lagosians don suffer!! grin

unfollows thread abeg!! grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:09am On Aug 22, 2013
mascot87:
Good point my brother, go to the North they claim constitutional right on another man's land, go to the SS, they claim constitutional right now SW again they are claiming constitutional right.I haven't heard of any other tribe in Nigeria claiming constitutional right over another tribes territory except igbos.I remember we were told then while at the NYSC orientation camp that we should respect the laws of the land when we have been posted to our different PPA. For example,we were told not to kill snake in some community(In Igbo land),will I now say because we kill snake down here in the SW I should now kill there snakes?NO,I have to respect there laws and tradition and not imposing mine on them. The truth I know is that what igbos practice here in the SW cannot be allowed to be done by any other tribe in there region.

Omoluabi is on long term vacation my brother. He will return after 2015 election!

grin
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2013
mascot87:
The constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria is superior to every other law and any law that runs contrary to the dictates of the constitution is null and void an initio.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: The constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria is superior to every other law and any law that runs contrary to the dictates of the constitution is null and void an initio.

Thats not what the people say. Thats what a piece of paper say.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by luvinhubby(m): 9:16am On Aug 22, 2013
lagbaja:

When has tax collection become extortion. The advance development in Lagos is traceable to tax colleciton, if you earn in Lagos, why refuse to pay tax to the govermnet that provides the enabling environment. All the ammenities you see built around are from tax payers. Why should the igbo refuse to pay taxes.

All Lagos markets must be properly organized and owners should pay their taxes, that is what obtains in other organized climes. if you can't comply , go back to your village.
Nobody says don`t pay tax, but when you pay, trade permit, shop permit, wharf landing charge, personal income tax, company tax, signage tax, land use/tenement rate, MVAA becomes not just multiple but tax-extortion. ASPAMDA is saying they will not pay MVAA to Lagos, any tax they will pay will have to be to their landlords-Federal, who is also involved in developmental projects in Lagos.
Lagos don jam brickwall for ASPAMDA. grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by mascot87(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: The constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria is superior to every other law and any law that runs contrary to the dictates of the constitution is null and void an initio.
Aiit,we shall see. I don't need to argue with you.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by luvinhubby(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Thats not what the people say. Thats what a piece of paper say.
It begins with `We the people......`, if you don`t like it, revolt.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 22, 2013
luvinhubby:
Nobody says don`t pay tax, but when you pay, trade permit, shop permit, wharf landing charge, personal income tax, company tax, signage tax, land use/tenement rate, MVAA becomes not just multiple but tax-extortion. ASPAMDA is saying they will not pay MVAA to Lagos, any tax they will pay will have to be to their landlords-Federal, who is also involved in developmental projects in Lagos.
Lagos don jam brickwall for ASPAMDA. grin cheesy
If an ASPAMDA trader pays all these taxes, what will be left of him to feed his family? Did he open a shop to sell and feed the LASG? The thing tire me o! grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by IGBOSON1: 9:21am On Aug 22, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Thats no longer a legal tender.
$€£¥¢#

[size=14pt]Mr. Sheyi Coker, added that the position was no longer valid with the recent concessioning of the complex to private investors. [/size]

Yorubas own the complex now.

^^^See your dirty bigoted mouth like 'Yorubas own the complex now'! Geez you sound so disgusting mate! So in your corroded mind, anything owned by the Lagos state gov't translates to being owned by Yorubas abi?

Listen!: to run a concession doesn't confer ownership; whoever owns the freehold/business can give out the business or a part of it to be run by an individual or body using the original businesses name. A definition i found states: a concession is an arrangement where someone is given the right to sell a product or to run a business, especially in a building belonging to another business/person.

Any party that isn't happy with the present situation should take the other to court, let the courts decide. It's childish to keep on ranting about our land.....our land whenever Lagos state gov't has any disagreement with a business/body on an issue......they are not infallible you know!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 22, 2013
I was wondering why the last International trade fair event didn't hold in trade fair complex. does anyone have a clue why it was shifted to Lagos Island, TBS to be precise?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by IGBOSON1: 9:26am On Aug 22, 2013
buchaisky: With all these happenings...i can't imagine any right thinking person voting for the APC in the federal elections. They have proved to be a group of tribalistic bi'gots. Progressives my NYASSHH!!!!!

^^^It's scary the way they see things walahi! Since the party doesn't call the Lagos state gov't to order or ask for an explanation on certain actions/issues, you can just imagine what our lot would be if these people ever get near Aso Rock!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:27am On Aug 22, 2013
luvinhubby:
Lagos don jam brickwall for ASPAMDA. grin
cheesy

Same line of brag in Ladipo. We own this market and Mushin LG should back off. Then they were shut down and next thing we knew they were calling on their governors and Ezesg o come to their rescue. Same people telling Mushin to back off signed agreement paper to respect and abide by Mushin law.

Same people that bragged they will never ever accept Babaloja, today are under the leadership of Alhaji Abibu Oki.

Na today ibo don dey beat hollow chest? I see ASPAMDA reuniting with their brethrens in Onitsha and Aba soon if they fail to come to their sense.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 1shortblackboy: 9:29am On Aug 22, 2013
this thread na war o thank God say I be non aligned wink
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:33am On Aug 22, 2013
luvinhubby:
It begins with `We the people......`, if you don`t like it, revolt.

Thats a code! cool
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by kunlekunle: 9:34am On Aug 22, 2013
luvinhubby: Some of us do not read articles before commenting.
The person talking is the P/S in charge of MVAA, which is an agency that collects N25,000per dealer tax annualy from auto parts dealers in Lagos which ASPAMDA people have refused to pay insisting that they are tenants of federal govt., concessioning or not.
The issue is not about security, it is about not being able extort excess tax from the biggest auto parts market in Africa monopolised by Igbos.

do you eat in mr biggs and pay in tantaliser?

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ACM10: 9:36am On Aug 22, 2013
There are two sides to a story.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Seriousbusiness: 9:37am On Aug 22, 2013
berem: There are so many instances where LASG imposes tax on FG properties. Festac Town is a perfect example. We all know FG owns Festac Town. Amuwo Odofin LG gives each festac resident a certain tenement bill asking them to pay some certain amount of money. The festac residents vowed not to pay that money. Amuwo Odofin LG issued threats through letters and still yet , Festac residents refused to Oblige. Festac Residents pay tenement bills to FHA.why should the Local Government request for bills to be paid? What right does an LG or LASG have to impose tax on FG properties? Just as there are Federal Roads and State Roads, there are also FG properties and State properties.

Keep quiet ,so because FG owns festac the resident should not pay there tenanment rate to the LG?
I stay in festac 3rd avenue and when ve u seen the FG undergoing any rehabilitation on the roads,houses,including security.
Abeg let s try to be realistic when arguing.
Nobody is chasing anybody away,but its important will abide by the law and obey with the GoVt where ever we re.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by solomon111(m): 9:38am On Aug 22, 2013
*quietly observing thread,as "progressives" fight themselves*
lol at "progressives".
Every mention of that word makes me chuckle.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Bobby4090: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2013
So whats the next step?...To start deporting them? and probably seize their houses and goods as another abandoned property....

I have said it all along that Fashola has a hidden agenda which he is now exibiting step by step. But the point remains, just as the deportation failed...so will any other hatred against ibos fail. If the yorubas so liked Lagos and so liked their land, they should have allowed ibos go during the civil war rather than fighting for one Nigeria and 40 years later realizing that they made a mistake.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ACM10: 9:41am On Aug 22, 2013
luvinhubby: Some of us do not read articles before commenting.
The person talking is the P/S in charge of MVAA, which is an agency that collects N25,000per dealer tax annualy from auto parts dealers in Lagos which ASPAMDA people have refused to pay insisting that they are tenants of federal govt., concessioning or not.
The issue is not about security, it is about not being able extort excess tax from the biggest auto parts market in Africa monopolised by Igbos.

The other side of the story. Sounds plausible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Pictured With His Children / 20 Governors Refuse To Appoint Commissioners / Christoper Imumolen Kneels Before Obasanjo For Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.