Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27343 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 12:42am On Aug 23, 2013
ekwy nwa:

here is the original article care to point them out ?

How?

What laws are we talking about here?

What has the commissioner for transportation got to do with security threat issues if any? And what guiding laws are we looking at here?

Can somebody help me out with this so called regularization Mr. Kayode is talking about?

Concession is different from outright sale…. What are the exact terms of this concession agreement between federal govt and the private investors? The terms of the agreement should be made public so that people can discuss from position of knowledge.

Who are these regulatory agencies? What exactly is the role of the commissioner for transportation in all these perplexity?

What has crime prevention got to do with this?

Omo, you no smart at all.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ekwynwa: 12:48am On Aug 23, 2013
agbameta:

Obviously, you don't know how to read and comprehend, it's in the main article and I'm posted the name of the agency and what they regulate under the law.

Please don't quote or ask me the same question again.

who care about you?....You quoted me first by questioning my ability to read and comprehend and I challenged you to point out the specifics from mr kayode’s vague piece ……..but its seems a hurricane task for you.
It is obvious that you just argue for the sake it ….it’s better to discuss from position of knowledge.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ALTRUTH(m): 12:49am On Aug 23, 2013
agbameta:

But GEJ gave you your Onisha port and he just gave you your own international airport so we are now even. You have a port and an international airport. Now do your thing and stop crying.

But the thing is, going by your mentality and tribal fixations, even if den give you the world, it's still going to be the same victimization and marginalization cries like babies..

When did Jonathan become president

I don't want to go into politics but you can see why Igbos are bent on supporting Jonathan just for the little he has done for us. At least he has shown that we are part of Nigeria and should be taken care of. It is like giving a man who has not eaten for weeks two sticks of biscuits; he will love you with all his heart and be willing to follow you anywhere. Enugu airport now has an international status and is already doing well, this is good. That Onitsha seaport stuff cannot really do the trick because it can not berth ocean liners. We are hoping that Ibaka seaport commences operations in 2015 at Akwa Ibom. This will be a game-changer for the economy in the East. Most Igbo imports would focus on Ibaka so that pressure on Apapa port is reduced.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ekwynwa: 12:51am On Aug 23, 2013
agbameta:

Omo, you no smart at all.

You are the last person to talk about smartness ….leave that word for those that are worthy of it
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0key: 1:01am On Aug 23, 2013
I have been following this thread and realised that there's a hidden agenda d LASG is trying hard to execute but d truth of d matter is, after careful consideration, it's going to hit d rock but it's all nice as they are working relentlessly to prove my private assertions right.

I use this medium to encourage the hardworking lagosians to b law abiding according to Nigerian constitution and stand firm on your right. The present intimidation is just a mere ranting of an ant.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by lekkie073(m): 6:53am On Aug 23, 2013
Village yarns......
0key: I have been following this thread and realised that there's a hidden agenda d LASG is trying hard to execute but d truth of d matter is, after careful consideration, it's going to hit d rock but it's all nice as they are worki
ng relentlessly to prove my private assertions right.

I use this medium to encourage the hardworking lagosians to b law abiding according to Nigerian constitution and stand firm on your right. The present intimidation is just a mere ranting of an ant.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by autoKay: 7:33am On Aug 23, 2013
But the Yorubas claim to be the most enlightened people in the Black World.

On issues like this, civilised people go to Court and save the public of this unnecessary tension.

FG property is FG Property.

Do Lagos State Govt collect Taxes and Levies from those in Mami Markets in Barracks scattered all over Lagos?

If the answer is Yes, then ASPAMDA should pay taxes and levies to them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by deeptesting(m): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

If you read the original article, you will observe that the major complaint by LASG is the unwillingness of the parts dealers to subject their body to LASG regulations. An unregulated body can be infiltrated by criminals who steal cars, break them up, and sell in the open market. This is not different from the security posed by unregulated abattoirs who may sell diseased meat to the general public. Since ATM's point was that the threat could be reported to the police, my response was that there should be no need for any regulations or regulated bodies since the ever efficient Nigerian Police Force is present to deal with any threats.

The issue many of you have is the understanding of what a security threat is. For instance, it was reported in the news recently, that an abattoir was discovered preparing unfit for consumption meat. If meat sellers refuse to abide by regulations or subject themselves to the appropriate body, how will such a body protect society from such threats?

You are seriously a security threat to the unity of Nigeria for twisting the truth to suit your ethnic agenda, We all know that it is all about tax payment and not the regulation they are fronting...Please tell your masters to stop the illegal harassment of Nigerians who are conducting their businesses peacefully. There are organizations responsible for the regulation of importation and sales of spare parts in Nigeria and the spare parts dealers are under the watch of these organizations including the Nigeria Police Force.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2013
If you sell spare parts to Lagosians that are fake leading to loss of life should the government remain supine
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by deeptesting(m): 8:03am On Aug 23, 2013
0monnak0da: If you sell spare parts to Lagosians that are fake leading to loss of life should the government remain supine

Have you heard of Standard Organization of Nigeria?
Please read up and tell me their responsibility.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 8:04am On Aug 23, 2013
deeptesting:

Have you heard of Standard Organization of Nigeria?
Please read up and tell me their responsibility.
Tell the oldest member of your household to read up and send me an email
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2013
deeptesting:

You are seriously a security threat to the unity of Nigeria for twisting the truth to suit your ethnic agenda, We all know that it is all about tax payment and not the regulation they are fronting...Please tell your masters to stop the illegal harassment of Nigerians who are conducting their businesses peacefully. There are organizations responsible for the regulation of importation and sales of spare parts in Nigeria and the spare parts dealers are under the watch of these organizations including the Nigeria Police Force.
+100000. SON is the only regulatory body in charge of checking substandard goods coming into the country. why should LASG do the job of SON? why?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by nosike3(m): 8:35am On Aug 23, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

We have to listen and go with what the authority said, however different our views or perception. The govt is the custodian of society and order. We have a contract with the govt to make our society safe and whatever they need to accomplish that is a default consent by the electoral mandate that brought it to victory and power.

If you dont like what this Yoruba govt is doing, vote it out and vote another Yoruba in. Its business as usual!!
look at what ASUU has caused... Producing mo.rons and short-sighted midgets...
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2013
berem: There are so many instances where LASG imposes tax on FG properties. Festac Town is a perfect example. We all know FG owns Festac Town. Amuwo Odofin LG gives each festac resident a certain tenement bill asking them to pay some certain amount of money. The festac residents vowed not to pay that money. Amuwo Odofin LG issued threats through letters and still yet , Festac residents refused to Oblige. Festac Residents pay tenement bills to FHA.why should the Local Government request for bills to be paid? What right does an LG or LASG have to impose tax on FG properties? Just as there are Federal Roads and State Roads, there are also FG properties and State properties.

when it comes to fixing federal roads, the state Govts will put up a bill board saying it is a federal road, when it comes to collecting money, they will forget its an FG property.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by nosike3(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Security! Security!! Security!!!

Regulation! Regulation!! Regulation!!!

Read&Understand!
Read&Understand!!
Read&Understand!!!

Comply or Go to Village!
Comply or Go to Village!!
Comply or Go to Village!!!
I feel for you... Your half-baked father must be proud of you. ( Fasheun)
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by seanet02: 8:54am On Aug 23, 2013
deeptesting:

you are not making sense
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by deeptesting(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2013
0monnak0da: Tell the oldest member of your household to read up and send me an email

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

GROW UP!
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by deeptesting(m): 9:47am On Aug 23, 2013
seanet02:
you are not making sense

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
George Bernard Shaw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by iphy42: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2013
Bigotry and tribalism is engraved in the hearts of some people. No matter how hard you try to make them knowledgeable, it fails because they twist and turn events to suit them. They throw the first stone, run back and cry foul. Thank God these bigots are few and not a good representation of the whole tribe. Tribalistic laptop crews, tribalism is a disease!
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by true2god: 9:51am On Aug 23, 2013
The solution to to all this hatred, bigotry, frictions and tribalism is peaceful or violent dissolution of this unhealthy union called Nigeria. Right from the colonial period there had been hatred between the varios ethnic groups in Nigeria and this problem will always remain there.

On the question of Lagos, the Igbos will remain in Lagos as long as Nigeria's existence is still intact, just as the Yorubas wil remain in Ph and kano and some other major cities in Nigeria. The Igbos need to reach a compromise with the Yorubas in certain things, like revenue and politics, cos its very certain that the population of Igbos is now seen as a threat, both politically and economically, to the Yorubas.

This is where the Igbo leaders and the Yoruba leaders need to call an urgent meeting to resolve grey area b4 things get out of hand.

As an Igboman, the whole thing is weighing us down psychologically, when u cant ply ur trade freely in any part of the country, free from intimidation and extortion by the local community.

I wont blame whites again for treating us with disdain, it has shown dat blacks has a long way to go as a people. And with the way we treat ourselves, poverty may not exit from African continent.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by iphy42: 10:04am On Aug 23, 2013
Igbos tried leaving, they were killed and forcefully dragged back to Nigeria. Now the same people that dragged them back want to frustrate and send them home using the laws of the land as an excuse, that won't work so far the constitution is the supreme law of the land. Igbos have come to stay! Deal with it!
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by babestella: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2013
agbameta:

Obviously, you don't know how to read and comprehend, it's in the main article and I'm posted the name of the agency and what they regulate under the law.

Please don't quote or ask me the same question again.

I am not disappointed at all at all your post, it has only confirmed that your mentality is not different from that of a 'THIEF' and I make bold to say this, if not for igbos who have come to the state to boost the economy and earning power of the state, people with the kind of mentality you display here would have taken arms to rob. I make bold to say that you are not different from a land grabber, a property fraudster, a covetous rogue who only feeds on the sufferings of other. Let me make something clear to you, you can never match the igbos, even in the next 50 years. Take all the igbos have, their houses, businesses, but you can never take their life's, success in all, is inborn, igbos are not born to be lazy, and they don't reap where they don't sow, that is why igbos don't beg for arm, they work hard to move on.

If you don't have brains, I can ask the dog to give you some, because even the dogs, goats, the rats and roaches are more intelligent than you diseases being.

You are not a match for igbos mr. Man go and get a life and stop waiting for when igbos will run away from Lagos because of your tribal heat; in order to take over their properties, don't wait, you may be surprised at what you'll get.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by gratiaeo(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2013
The touts (agberos) ruming street of Lagos who is regulating their activities?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by autoKay: 11:40am On Aug 23, 2013
Red_Mullet:

The first time most Ibos will see the ocean was in Lagos.....they are used to Ezu Rivers and the river Niger they see while crossing westward... grin cheesy

They can't swim... cheesy

Lol, yes, I'm igbo. I never saw the Ocean until I got to Lagos. We live in the hinterland.

But the Yorubas are funny. They are insulting us because of the Ocean.
What of Ijaws that live on water? They called them "Drunk Fishermen"

Make una dey yab dey go. Gowon caused all these rubbish. By now, we igbos should rubbing Shoulders with Japan or Korea not Tax Drunk Yorubas.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by true2god: 11:45am On Aug 23, 2013
It's even ironical that 95% of Yorubas commenting on this thread, against the Igbos, are not from Lagos state. Even a large percentage of Yorubas at Alausa govt house are not of Lagos origin, they occupied positions based on the fact that they r from the southwest. Im really surprised at their policies against the Igbos who are their fellow Nigerians.

It is a very simple thing, if the Yorubas do not want Igbo in Lagos, they should submit an application to the UN for a referendum to be conducted for a peaceful dissolution of Nigeria. The Igbos will give dem 100% support at the UN, after den the Igbos will leave Lagos. Which i believe the Yoruba will NEVER do. Then y wont Yorubas chill and see how to maximize their benefit from the Igbos, instead of frustrating their efforts.

It will be a foolhardy to try to create an apartheid style against the Igbos, especially economic, it wont simply work. God had already blessed the Igbos will commercial and bizness skills which compensated for our political disadvantanges imposed on us the Nigerian\British govt.

Long live the Igbos,
Long live the Yorubas,
Long live the federal republic of Nigeria,
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ACM10: 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

Since the nigerian police can solve all crimes, perhaps society can do away with institutions that regulate industries such as health, food, etc

No need laying down the rules and regulations, just refer everything to the police. In your highly myopic point of view, security threats arise only when the traders start carrying guns.

I have told you to try and find your level but you won't listen. Instead you go through a thread and reply firstly to my post and then get humiliated with my response.

On a serious note, I am not into guys, take your fixation elsewhere.

Your problem is that you have a misplaced sense of importance. You gets tetchy when your half-truths are challenged.

I'm not obsessed with you, but I'm drawn to your silly analogy, which you often use to mask your rabid tribalism, hate and poor knowledge of everyday politics in Nigeria.

Your rabid tribalism could not let you know that security issues is on the exclusive list. A state governor or its agents does not have the right to declare a Nigerian citizen, security threat. You pushed your silliness farther by drawing an analogy between a spare parts trader and a moslem terrorist. Antecedence did not let you know that a spare parts trader is unlikely to be involved in money laundery and other acts capable of threatening the security of the state. In fact, you are an embarrassment.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ACM10: 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

And no roads, hospitals, schools, airports were built in other states? Lagos was the only state that the FG spent money on?

You keep repeating this line. I have challenged you to compare between federal projects in Lagos and Anambra. All you do is to repeat this old and tired comment.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ACM10: 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
0key:

U are not being objective because of some egoistic trait. Learn to follow issues from other people's perspectives.

That folk can never be objective. He is a rabid tribalist pretending to be objective.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
babestella:

I am not disappointed at all at all your post, it has only confirmed that your mentality is not different from that of a 'THIEF' and I make bold to say this, if not for igbos who have come to the state to boost the economy and earning power of the state, people with the kind of mentality you display here would have taken arms to rob. I make bold to say that you are not different from a land grabber, a property fraudster, a covetous rogue who only feeds on the sufferings of other. Let me make something clear to you, you can never match the igbos, even in the next 50 years. Take all the igbos have, their houses, businesses, but you can never take their life's, success in all, is inborn, igbos are not born to be lazy, and they don't reap where they don't sow, that is why igbos don't beg for arm, they work hard to move on.

If you don't have brains, I can ask the dog to give you some, because even the dogs, goats, the rats and roaches are more intelligent than you diseases being.

You are not a match for igbos mr. Man go and get a life and stop waiting for when igbos will run away from Lagos because of your tribal heat; in order to take over their properties, don't wait, you may be surprised at what you'll get.

Please shut up and face topic, I didn't ask you for your emotional and pathetic life history..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ACM10: 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

That is not completely true. Nigerian administrators have not been very bright. It wasn't that it was marginalized, most of the states were marginalized. But my point is that all states received the same sort funding. Calabar has a seaport, stadium, airport, etc. While only Lagos in the SW has an airport. There are more airports and stadiums in the SE than there are in the SW. At the time, these decisions were made, Rivers and other SE states were in the same region. The SE only became an entity in 1999.

This is a thoroughly ignorant comment. Does not deserve a response. Your knowledge of contemporary Nigerian politics and history is not up to scratch.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by true2god: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
ACM10:

You keep repeating this line. I have challenged you to compare between federal projects in Lagos and Anambra. All you do is to repeat this old and tired comment.
Ur response just got my attention. In the last 25yrs the population of Abuja is less than 200,000, but today its over 4million. Why? There is a lot of federal presense in Abuja, embassies and high commissions, ministries, etc. So its very natural for pple to move there to get a better life.

Until the FG stopped this skewed develpmental processes and balance it evenly, this issue will continue. I wont be surprised if gwari\hausa pple wake up one day and start 'deporting' non-indigenes frm abuja to go back to their states after billions of dollars niger-delta money has been used to set up infrastructures there. This is exactly wats happening in Lagos.

The over concentration of FG's presence in an area at the expense of others is the result of current Lagos crisis. If the FG dredge the onitsha and owerri inland port, make onne port an import processing zone (like lagos), built basic infratrutures in the east (just like lagos), there will be a natural migration.

This is where the Yorubas should play a role by pressuring the Fg to even social-econimic infrastrutural development acros the country.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ACM10: 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
true2god: Ur response just got my attention. In the last 25yrs the population of Abuja is less than 200,000, but today its over 4million. Why? There is a lot of federal presense in Abuja, embassies and high commissions, ministries, etc. So its very natural for pple to move there to get a better life.

Until the FG stopped this skewed develpmental processes and balance it evenly, this issue will continue. I wont be surprised if gwari\hausa pple wake up one day and start 'deporting' non-indigenes frm abuja to go back to their states after billions of dollars niger-delta money has been used to set up infrastructures there. This is exactly wats happening in Lagos.

The over concentration of FG's presence in an area at the expense of others is the result of current Lagos crisis. If the FG dredge the onitsha and owerri inland port, make onne port an import processing zone (like lagos), built basic infratrutures in the east (just like lagos), there will be a natural migration.

This is where the Yorubas should play a role by pressuring the Fg to even social-econimic infrastrutural development acros the country.

I bet that Yorubas will even lobby the FG to under-develop the east. Any progress made by the east further deepens their sorrow. Check the Enugu international airport thread. Majority of those launching vicious attacks on the project are of Yoruba origin. These people are impossible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

It's Official: APC Names Rotimi Amaechi DG Of Presidential Campaign Organization / Abaribe Was Arrested For ‘Aiding And Abetting IPOB’ - Counsel / BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.