Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27342 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
naptu2: There are so many things missing in that article that it makes it difficult for someone to make an informed comment.

1) What security threat? In what way are they a threat?

2) In what way have they violated the law guiding their operations?

3) In what way does the government want them to regularise their operations?

1. Similar to how unregulated money transfer operators pose a threat to society. No one saw the link between money transfer operators in London and Islamic terrorism until it was pointed out by security experts. Now money transfer operators in the UK have been given a mandate to regularize their operations and most will suffer for the actions of a few. If they are unregulated and not monitored by the appropriate body, then criminals can mix genuine traders to sell parts of stolen cars.

2. By not recognising the authority of the body created to deal with such matters. From the article - "He said despite efforts to make the operators to regularise their business, ASPANDA members had refused to deal with the government, claiming that they operate within a Federal Government territory."

3. Just by accepting the authority of the appropriate body and following whatever laws have been stipulated.

That is what I got from the article.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by mascot87(m): 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
gretafutor:

In ur mind u wl claim 2 have made a point abi?
Well my point is only for reasonable people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by josite: 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
why cant we act appropriately in the face of provocation. Why cant Lagos state government take the matter to court and get a verdict. If the traders or their customers don't use Lagos roads/infrastructures in and out of the complex then they can claim they are in fed territory. Every portion of land in Lagos is vested in the governor of lagos state and all fashola government needs do is to revoke the c of o on that complex and say it needs it to build a new teaching hospital and offer compensation to federal govt or an alternative land in a remote portion of Lagos. Unless fashola is wise with these tribalists ,they may afflict his reputation.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ba7man(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
I just wish people could be wise and express themselves the same way @Naptu2 and Katsumoto just did above without unecessary emotional outbursts (even i am often guilty).....See maturity.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
There are certain things that aren't clear to many Nigerians.

1. Land Use Act - All land within a state is vested in the state and shall be administered by the Governor of that state. Even FG properties are held on State land and the governor can choose not to renew ownership after the 99 years is over.

2. Lagos is over-populated

3. The laws of Supply and Demand are ever present and LASG has recognized that it can raise revenue due to the constant flocking to its boundaries. Extra revenue will go a long way in addressing the negative effects of over-population such as waste disposal, policing, education, traffic. Policies and taxes will also make Lagos less desirable, thereby reducing its population or the rate of migration to its borders. The more people ignore the taxes in Lagos, the more Lagos will increase these taxes to achieve its aims.

4. You can not bring the laws, customs, logic, etc from your own states to Lagos. You have to respect the laws and customs of the people of Lagos or you will find yourself in trouble.

5. Lagos state did not send an invitation letter to anyone.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by bakynes(m): 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Even though the article doesn't clearly state the dispute between the LASG and ASPAMD.To the issue of the FG and LASG,since the FCT has been moved away from lagos,the FG has refused to maintain all the properties,Facilities and Roads they built when lagos was the FCT.Now Lagos state cannot stand and watch these facilities become slums and the roads left unmaintained.It is the same problem we have with some Federal roads in our area while Lagos state is constructing new roads,the FG have left their own roads in turmoil,lagos state has acquired most of those Federal roads and are nw constructing and maintaining them.Since the Trade fair complex has been taken over by Private investors,the igbos involved in Spare part trading needs to cooperate with the LASG for rehabilitation of the roads and Facility since it has been abandoned by the FG.Failure to comply then their shops would be closed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by RedMullet: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
gretafutor:

Why should we be afraid of toothless buldogs,we can only be scared when it comes 2 amebo n sabotage were u have no rival.

So you only shtye in your pants when the Mallams are talking?

Reason that it's always wrong to act civilized and well-mannered when Ibos are the one you are dealing with.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
josite: why cant we act appropriately in the face of provocation. Why cant Lagos state government take the matter to court and get a verdict. If the traders or their customers don't use Lagos roads/infrastructures in and out of the complex then they can claim they are in fed territory. Every portion of land in Lagos is vested in the governor of lagos state and all fashola government needs do is to revoke the c of o on that complex and say it needs it to build a new teaching hospital and offer compensation to federal govt or an alternative land in a remote portion of Lagos. Unless fashola is wise with these tribalists ,they may afflict his reputation.

The article provides that the complex now belongs to private investors. Which means the FG has sold it and the traders who are operating there now have new landlords. Even if the FG was still the owner, LASG can enforce its laws on the traders.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Bet2020(m): 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
As d harsh treatment on IGBOs lingers, i see Ngige losing his VOTEs in forthcoming Anambra State ELECTION.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Red_Mullet:

So you only shtye in your pants when the Mallams are talking?

Reason that it's always wrong to act civilized and well-mannered when Ibos are the one you are dealing with.

You have just answered the question posed by this poster:

ba7man: I just wish people could be wise and express themselves the same way @Naptu2 and Katsumoto just did above without unecessary emotional outbursts (even i am often guilty).....See maturity.

Katz has the patience of Job ( as in the old testament) some of us don't.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Bet2020(m): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
As d harsh treatment on IGBOs lingers, i see Ngige losing his VOTEs in forthcoming Anambra State ELECTION...to whom BRAIN is given SENSE is expected..APC make una wise up, not yet UHURU coz, Soludo's clearance by APGA is comin soon!
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Am highly disappointed in your comment! Later you'll say you are not a bigot. smh. cry

Anything LASG is doing concerning Igbos should not jeopardize or affect Ngige's ambition to become the next governor of Anambra State. Anambrarians are yet to forget the deportation saga. Most spare parts dealers in ASPAMDA are from Anambra especially Nnewi. Ngige is not from Nnewi. LASG should trade with caution.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
Bet2020: As d harsh treatment on IGBOs lingers, i see Ngige losing his VOTEs in forthcoming Anambra State ELECTION...to whom BRAIN is given SENSE is expected..APC make una wise up, not yet UHURU coz, Soludo's clearance by APGA is comin soon!

That is such a short-sighted position. Suppose you ignore Ngige, who may be able to turn around the fortunes of the state, for someone less capable for the above mentioned reasons, if that person is unable to turnaround the fortunes of the state, many more citizens could end up making the journey to Lagos and end being frustrated by high taxes of LASG(this is relative by the way).

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Am highly disappointed in your comment! Later you'll say you are not a bigot. smh. cry

Anything LASG is doing concerning Igbos should not jeopardize or affect Ngige's ambition to become the next governor of Anambra State. Anambrarians are yet to forget the deportation saga. Most spare parts dealers in ASPAMDA are from Anambra especially Nnewi. Ngige is not from Nnewi. LASG should trade with caution.
GUY YOU'RE FUNNY... Did you tink we care if you vote satan at Anambra?? Infact my prayer is Ngige shld loose so dat u wl have 4yrz to regret ur action....IF SOUTHWEST WILL C0NTINUE PROGRESSING...WHO CARES Abt wat ANAMBRANS vote to determine da progress of dia state... NGIGE KO NGUGURU NI... Vote Orji Kalu!!! Abi is nt possible? Una fit try vote CLIFFORD ORJI...HAHAHA

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by cKaiser: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
The real owner of the "No mans land" are moving into action

I commend the LASG for moving against this Law breakers and omo irankiran.

They should organize another reunion for them very soon

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
deeptesting:

I bought a land from Omoniles at Ikorodu and got it half fenced before I travelled out of the country, when I came back after 3yrs to start something on the land, I was surprise that the land has been sold to another person,I confronted the Omonile head and he told me that the land would be restored to me as it was sold in error and I was asked to pay a ratification fee which I paid because of the assurance they gave me. A date was fixed for a meeting but lo! and behold the story changed when the chief and his kinsmen realized that I am from Niger Delta and bears a name similar to an Igbo name and the man who bought the land is a Yoruba man..They called me that the meeting cannot hold on the said date and another date was fixed but what got me thinking was the chief who knows my name and calls me by name started calling me Omo Igbo which I vehemently asked him to stop...I am yet to recover this said parcel of land and my money up until now....I would restrain my self from calling the high chief and his kinsmen thieves or tribalists because the matter is already in court....
Do you think you're dealing with children? You said the story changed when it was discovered that you're Igbo. My question, did you use an Ibibio name when you initially bought the land? Nonsense!
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
Katsumoto: There are certain things that aren't clear to many Nigerians.

1. Land Use Act - All land within a state is vested in the state and shall be administered by the Governor of that state. Even FG properties are held on State land and the governor can choose not to renew ownership after the 99 years is over.

2. Lagos is over-populated

3. The laws of Supply and Demand are ever present and LASG has recognized that it can raise revenue due to the constant flocking to its boundaries. Extra revenue will go a long way in addressing the negative effects of over-population such as waste disposal, policing, education, traffic. Policies and taxes will also make Lagos less desirable, thereby reducing its population or the rate of migration to its borders. The more people ignore the taxes in Lagos, the more Lagos will increase these taxes to achieve its aims.

4. You can not bring the laws, customs, logic, etc from your own states to Lagos. You have to respect the laws and customs of the people of Lagos or you will find yourself in trouble.

5. Lagos state did not send an invitation letter to anyone.
People don't know this just as they don't for the case of murder, which is a crime against the state, not the FG.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
Aigbofa:

Katz has the patience of Job ( as in the old testament) some of us don't.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by gratiaeo(m): 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
No bi today yash begin dey for back....... Why have Fashola never targeted market dominated by Hausa/Yoruba, why always Igbo, are they the only people doing business in Lagos?
My fellow Igbo pls ignore them 50k annual rent will not kill you or make their locals (agbero) richer than you guys.
Maybe them de jealous you guys

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
gratiaeo: No bi today yash begin dey for back....... Why have Fashola never targeted market dominated by Hausa/Yoruba, why always Igbo, are they the only people doing business in Lagos?
My fellow Igbo pls ignore them 50k annual rent will not kill you or make their locals (agbero) richer than you guys.

Why are igbo traders not willing to respect the state by paying their dues which belong to LASG?
pls answer undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by RedMullet: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
gratiaeo: No bi today yash begin dey for back....... Why have Fashola never targeted market dominated by Hausa/Yoruba, why always Igbo, are they the only people doing business in Lagos?

Go to the other markets in Lagos aside these auto parts and allied products dominated by Igbos...and you will see the level of compliance..

The question you should ask is: Why is it the Ibos that are always at loggerheads with the state government? are they the only non-yorubas speaking tribe doing biz in Lagos?

The issue is most of you argue bereft of logic..is like you lot often argue with your dirty anus!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Beync(f): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
Jealousy is a bad disease
Always targeting people who are more progressive than you are. Smh for these bigots.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: Who told you igbos dont pay taxes, how is that possible? why should they pay taxes to FG and LASG at the same time? either of the two governments should decide who to collect taxes. It's very wrong for FG to collect taxes and LASG will collect theirs too. That is pure extortion!
ibos dnt pay tax abeg... T.A ORJI dnt pay tax and he waz dealt wt

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by gratiaeo(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
Fashola gara gara will soon end
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Beync(f): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Do you think you're dealing with children? You said the story changed when it was discovered that you're Igbo. My question, did you use an Ibibio name when you initially bought the land? Nonsense!
is this all u could respond to his case? If the case were the other way round you would been calling the land sellers thieves, 419ners. See bigotry, smh.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by aryzgreat: 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
some people jealous us.

some people jealous us.

some people jealous us.

Bc we are living large.

Jealousy is a big disease, if u cant compete hang ur self and die. lazy cowards looking for free money.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
buchaisky: With all these happenings...i can't imagine any right thinking person voting for the APC in the federal elections. They have proved to be a group of tribalistic bi'gots. *Progressives* my NYASSHH!!!!!
YEAH PROGRESSIVE YOUR YANSH...YOU WL C0NTINUE SITTING ON UR PROGRESS... Wonder shall never ends, some bigots even LIKE the curse... No wonder you guys aint progressing

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by RedMullet: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
Beync: Jealousy is a bad disease
Always targeting people who are more progressive than you are. Smh for these bigots.

Be specific...who are more progressive than others? who is jealousy of who?

If Yorubas would be jealous..definitely not second-hand auto spare part traders...if there should be any jealousy..it should be towards people Aliko Dangote and Abdulsamad Rabiu....not those loud-mouths you have in mind. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by gratiaeo(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
Olamagnifico: ibos dnt pay tax abeg... T.A ORJI dnt pay tax and he waz dealt wt

In Lagos state, is their laws made specially for Igbos alone or for all the Lagos state residents?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by aryzgreat: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Olamagnifico: YEAH PROGRESSIVE YOUR YANSH...YOU WL C0NTINUE SITTING ON UR PROGRESS... Wonder shall never ends, some bigots even LIKE the curse... No wonder you guys aint progressing

hw have u cave dwellers progressed? by living in mud houses nt fit for goats? progressives indeed!

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
berem: No wahala will start in Jesus name! grin

haha
but some of your ibo brothers have said they are descendants of Aba women Riot & are ready for wahala!! ...

.....why are u then afraid now , or are u afraif a population of 90% will be wiped away by a small one of merely 1%? grin grin
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by gratiaeo(m): 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Red_Mullet:

Go to the other markets in Lagos aside these auto parts and allied products dominated by Igbos...and you will see the level of compliance..

The question you should ask is: Why is it the Ibos that are always at loggerheads with the state government? are they the only non-yorubas speaking tribe doing biz in Lagos?

Pls are you in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

It's Official: APC Names Rotimi Amaechi DG Of Presidential Campaign Organization / Abaribe Was Arrested For ‘Aiding And Abetting IPOB’ - Counsel / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.