Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27338 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2013
Biafra diplomat:

If you actually asked these questions then it means you still a young dude who have not traveled out of his enclave or you simply do not understand the economic demographic pattern of Nigeria.
Now listen and get some enlightenment;
1. Onitsha main market is the largest single contiguous market in Sub Saharan Africa, its appalling you don't know this, if you think there is a bigger market than Onitsha main market then inform us here.
2. Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi markets are hubs were industrial, consumer and electrical/vehicle parts respectively are kept in bulk and from these clusters they are shipped in smaller consignments to other cities/towna in Nigeria and across SSA through mainly Igbo middle men and traders.
3. Lagos and Kano may be more populous than either Aba or Onitsha and have a "larger market" per capita but who controls the supply chain and from whence do the goods come from? When you stand on any of the highways in the SE and see the volume of goods moving to various parts of Nigeria, you will understand better.
4. Aba already has a name in terms of indigenous manufacturing, the same way you mention Taiwan products, Chinese products, German products etc so you have Aba products known all over the world. Goods like shoes, Suits, shirts, trousers, belts, bags, inner wears, etc are produced in Aba in commercial quantities and exported to various parts of Nigeria and beyond. You will be amazed to see thousands of clusters at kent, Bakassi, Ariaria, Cemetery areas in Aba producing similar goods and packaging them in very fanciful packs(though majority of them are labeled made in Italy, Germany, etc to attract better prices. When the previous World bank president, James Wholfensen came to Aba on the invitation of Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, he was shocked at the level and volume of goods being produced under SME's that he agreed to give loan to Prof Barth Nnaji to establish Geometric power limited that will supply electricity to them.
5.Motor/Vehicle spare parts are shipped from Nkwo Nnewi market to different parts of Nigeria and to places as far flung as Senegal, Congo, Ghana, Cameroon etc, at the same time there are many factories producing them locally in Nnewi, unlike Lagos(including greater Lagos i.e Sagamu, Agbara and Ota) were multinationals establish factories and repatriate profits to home countries, those in Nnewi, Aba and Onitsha are are mainly indigenous.
6. NEED I SAY MORE?

It is NOT for anyone to disprove what you claim but for you to PROVE your claims. If you get up and say John is the oldest man in the world it is YOUR job to prove it by telling us how old John is with Proof NOT to say "bring an older person". WHat proof have you got on this Onitsha Market Claim
Is there any evidence for this claim on Onitsha market that you can share or is it in the bible?

If Onitsha market is the largest.That means someone must have measured it and also measured the second largest

So what is the size of Onitsha market in Square metres and the size of the second largest.

EVIDENCE please
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 10:13am On Aug 24, 2013
Katsumoto:

It is obvious you do not know the difference between temporary and permanent migration. Your use of the term 'pasture' makes that very evident. Permanent immigrants relocate due to push factors (lack of wealth/opportunities, crime, primitive factors) in their original area and move to areas with pull factors (security, better living standards, opportunities/jobs). So for instance, when Yoruba folks live Yorubaland, they move to England, the US, Canada, etc. They don't move en mass to Aba, Jigawa, etc. Temporary migrants move for education or contract work and then return to their home region or move to another region/area. The US, Canada, UK all have large populations of permanent migrants but China, Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc all have large populations of temporary migrants.

Having explained that, I can then explain to you why you have a number of Americans outside America. Firstly, Americans in other countries tend to work for conglomerates. So a huge population of Americans in China are working. They don't move to China PERMANENTLY and hope to find work. They are mainly temporary migrants. They are there for a period of time and then go home or move elsewhere. In the UK, Americans still go there for work but due to the similarities between both countries and their common ancestry, many Americans move to England for love, family, and other social reasons. Many Brits move to Spain, Australia for the weather and these tend to be well-off migrants.

From your posts it is obvious you do not know the procedure or steps involved when corporations ask employees to move to other countries to work temporarily. When an American or European company asks you to move to China, they are not doing so because they believe your family will be jumping up and down with excitement at the thought of living in China. They do so because they want to gain from your expertise in that country and promise career advancement. Most families (in the West) are unwilling to move to China or most places really because of disruption to family life and distance to immediate family) and as such corporations MUST provide sweeteners to the families. They offer housing, private education for kids, assistance with finding jobs for spouses, language resources, etc.

I am unfamiliar with the term 'challenger' and as such can't comment on that.

you took your time to write this epistle without addressing the main issue.
as a reminder, you claimed Americans do "not "migrate to evade stiffer competition.
Please prove it to me.
No Place in your epistle adressed that, guess you quoted the wrong post.

is it possible for one to assume that unfavorable tax laws at home can as well lead to the migration of American interests? because no where in your sermon addressed that as a factor.

finally, you claimed that Americans don't migrate permanently, then I ask; Americans who have left the US and resided elsewhere for over 15yrs who in the process have acquired the citizenship of their host country, do you consider them temporary or permanent migrants?

An Emeka who has stayed in lagos for 15yrs within which he travels to the east every Xmas, maintains a home with extended families there, do you consider him a temporary or permanent migrant?

An American born in McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas who has lived in New York for 15yrs, do you consider him a temporary or permanent migrant?

pls focus your lecture on Americans migrating to evade stiffer competition,

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by YesBosss(m): 10:14am On Aug 24, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

This is delusion of the highest order! when did Yorubas beg Ibos to come back? grin grin

So you openly admit that Ibos ran away from Lagos during the mayhem of 1993? I thought Yorubas are the cowards? So you left your businesses and houses in Ikoyi, VI and Lekki in 1993?

grin grin so funny, seems Ibos definition of cowards is different. lolzzz
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by YesBosss(m): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:

my dear, i dont expect u to agree with me on d part of yorubas suffering when business activities were disrupted in d Sw because of 1993 saga.
When d saga abated, we resumed businesses, not because we care abt ur cries, but because we need d money. And yes, u missed d igbos.

Moreover, Were u expecting igbos to fight d hausas for u Or put their swords for ur abiola? While u cowards will be doing wat?
Igbos will fight wen d war is really against dem. D last tym an igbo fought the hausas because of u was in 1966 and no igbo is doing dat again.

grin So ibos fought the hausas because of the yorubas in 1966? lolzzzzzzz, laugh wan tear my belle ooooo
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 10:20am On Aug 24, 2013
Very simple question HOW BIG IS ONITSHA MARKET
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 10:33am On Aug 24, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: .

You have a narrow understanding of what a regional development is. Let me broaden your mind.

You stated in beginning that your people troop out of the region into other places because of disparity in development. In crossing from SE to SW you are getting away from something and going to acquire something somewhere else.

There are many cultural and social comforts which you must give up when you migrate to another land. There are two interconnected reasons why your zone is not developed.
I alredy told you of the neglect by your leaders. The other is political.

Each region of this country has a character to it. The character in SE is that of a place where no one is interested in, a desolate place. In real terms, it is not desolate, Ive never been but Im sure SE has its own vibrancy, however, the perception does not accord to it any kind of warm character akin to what obtains in the places that you migrate to. So who is creating this perception? Nobody will run in the direction and settle in a land from which millions after millions of native owners, the Igbos, are running from. This pattern of movement therefore is a disincentive for government to invest itself in a relatively underpopulated zone.

In addition, Federal allocation of #50billion to, say, Anambra is by far a huge windfall when compared with the same #50billion to Ogun or Kaduna, in terms of its tangible equity, or to put it in technical terms, its "discretionary value".

Furthermore, in a regional arrangement, if Jigawa was in financial distress, its financial commitments can conveniently be subsidized by its sister states in NW. Same applies if Ekiti was on the brink of bankruptcy, its sister states in SW will rise up and finance its social debts and absorb its delinquencies and subsidize its needs. Same will be expected for Edo in SS, in fact one should not expect Edo to be in default considering the wealth in the region. These assumptions I just gave you if they were to occur today, the recovery for those three states will be true because this regional support network is already in place and been in practice on a smaller scale. It is hard to believe that if Anambra were to be in similar scenario, its regional sister states will come to its rescue. No data is needed to prove this. The hard facts of the inability of all 5 SE states to rescue itself from decay and neglect is enough testimony. If all together cannot act in concert to brin recovery and appeal to SE and are instead waiting on FG to do rescue, then it is valid to say insted of them stepping in witj a rescue, Anambra will be told to contact FG for its needs.

So when I say Ekiti, Jigawa, Edo are ahead of SE, I was thinking very broadly and far ahead into the politics of 2015 and beyond.

Honestly, I fail to get your point. Are you in all sincerity trying to compare Anambra with Ekiti or Jigawa et al? Then I ask in what aspect, is it in terms of education, Commerce, industry, level of development or what?
It baffles me when some of you who barely travel would come to the internet to misinform uninformed people, again using GDP as a criteria could be misleading especially in Nigeria were figures are apportioned and bastardized depending on who is at the helm, in the same vein, landmass and population are used to determine federal allocation to states which invariably is proportional to the budget of states and we all how these has been manipulated by the military to favor some.

It's only a blind man that would compare states like Ekiti, Jigawa, Ebonyi etc with Anambra.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da:

It is NOT for anyone to disprove what you claim but for you to PROVE your claims. If you get up and say John is the oldest man in the world it is YOUR job to prove it by telling us how old John is with Proof NOT to say "bring an older person". WHat proof have you got on this Onitsha Market Claim
Is there any evidence for this claim on Onitsha market that you can share or is it in the bible?

If Onitsha market is the largest.That means someone must have measured it and also measured the second largest

So what is the size of Onitsha market in Square metres and the size of the second largest.

EVIDENCE please

What evidence do you need again? Do you need evidence before you know that Lagos is more populous than Abuja? By merely visiting the two places wont you decipher on your own? I have personally been to Onitsha main market, Alaba, Idumota, Ariaria, Dugbe, Eke Onuwa, Nkwo Nnewi, Sabon Ngeri, Tudun wada, Wuse, etc name it and I can tell you that non of them is as big as Main market Onitsha. This is not rocket science, simply try and visit Onitsha main market or ask those who have been there to educate you on the size of the market or do you want me to start counting the number of shops/malls or to go round it and measure it with a tape for you to know how big it is? If yes then that is impossible!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2013
Biafra diplomat:

What evidence do you need again? Do you need evidence before you know that Lagos is more populous than Abuja? By merely visiting the two places wont you decipher on your own? I have personally been to Onitsha main market, Alaba, Idumota, Ariaria, Dugbe, Eke Onuwa, Nkwo Nnewi, Sabon Ngeri, Tudun wada, Wuse, etc name it and I can tell you that non of them is as big as Main market Onitsha. This is not rocket science, simply try and visit Onitsha main market or ask those who have been there to educate you on the size of the market or do you want me to start counting the number of shops/malls or to go round it and measure it with a tape for you to know how big it is? If yes then that is impossible!
That is the difference between literates and illiterates.We always ask for evidence otherwise we have meaningless arguments you said Largest market in Subsaharan Africa. So my question is are you talking of the area on the ground or what do you mean by large?? What is the SIZE in square feet or metres. How can we resolve any dispute short of abusing ourselves.Why conduct elections why not say I visited Lagos and the people want me to be President so there is no need for elections

The evidence for Lagos population is a census.We do not wake up one day and say I have visited Lagos and Ibadan and there are more people in Lagos that is the illierate or beer parlour method. We need more robust evidence

Why is it impossible to count stalls? Were they not built by a builder.Was there a building plan? Do they pay tax. Are they members of a union? Do they pay rent etc
Why is it impossible to go round with a tape? It is called survey.Are you saying the market has no survey? You see we go to school to learn how to reason and ask questions and that means we cannot be bamboozled. If we are able to survey Nigeria a hundred years ago and talk about its size in Square Kilometres we surely can survey Onitsha Market.So you want us to accept that a market was built with no Survey,No building plan and we just accept it is the biggest in Subsaharan African based on Your visits.Have you visited markets in Sudan and Ethipia too?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 11:01am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da:

This is one of the great mysteries of life.The Economic development across the SW is down to the Ibos and yet the SE languishes in squalor. I really can't figure that one out.Why don't you guys develop Aba and Hoonewi.
Look at the data for GDP or IGR for the SE and compare with SW .When presented with this you say it is not SW but SE people doing it

OK here is another; Cocoa is the second largest earner of Forex in Nigeria today.Is this down to migrant farmers from Mgbidi

tell us what does SE contribute in terms of Forex apart from crude oil we are talking agriculture here or manufacturing what do you bring to the table?

PLEASE SHOW US PICTURES OF ONISHA MAIN MAKATE grin grin grin

The problem with you guys is that you hardly travel, do you think that cocoa is produced only in the SW? Mind you, Abia, Cross river, Edo, etc are all major cocoa producers and I don't think they are in the SW. The single biggest cocoa farmer in Nigeria is from Abia state!

"SE is in squalor" did you actually say that? Then it says a lot about your very limited world view.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 11:08am On Aug 24, 2013
Biafra diplomat:

The problem with you guys is that you hardly travel, do you think that cocoa is produced only in the SW? Mind you, Abia, Cross river, Edo, etc are all major cocoa producers and I don't think they are in the SW. The single biggest cocoa farmer in Nigeria is from Abia state!

"SE is in squalor" did you actually say that? Then it says a lot about your very limited world view.

the problem with you is you assume you know everything and if you don't know you just manufacture YOUR OWN facts

Abia ,Cross River and Edo are Major Cocoa producers ? Yes for Cross River otherwise Another wild claim
What do you mean by Major. Edo produces more cocoa than Abia but is not a SE state. Cross River produces a lot too How many tonnes of Cocoa did Abia produce last year? All nigerians travel so leave that yarn once you leave the issues and move to the GUYS it is apparent you have run out of ideas. Come back to the subject matter. Anyone can claim to travel so let us not strt another who travels most debate.Talk about the COCOA

Yes I said the SE is in squalor. To prove me wrong post pictures of Ariria or Onitsha Market.Those are the dirtiest markets I HAVE SEEN. Note I did not say in SubSaharan Africa because I have no evidence but in my own personal experience I have not seen dirtier markets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da:
That is the difference between literates and illiterates.We always ask for evidence otherwise we have meaningless arguments you said Largest market in Subsaharan Africa. So my question is are you talking of the area on the ground or what do you mean by large?? What is the SIZE in square feet or metres. How can we resolve any dispute short of abusing ourselves.Why conduct elections why not say I visited Lagos and the people want me to be President so there is no need for elections

The evidence for Lagos population is a census.We do not wake up one day and say I have visited Lagos and Ibadan and there are more people in Lagos that is the illierate or beer parlour method. We need more robust evidence

Why is it impossible to count stalls? Were they not built by a builder.Was there a building plan? Do they pay tax. Are they members of a union? Do they pay rent etc
Why is it impossible to go round with a tape? It is called survey.Are you saying the market has no survey? You see we go to school to learn how to reason and ask questions and that means we cannot be bamboozled. If we are able to survey Nigeria a hundred years ago and talk about its size in Square Kilometres we surely can survey Onitsha Market.So you want us to accept that a market was built with no Survey,No building plan and we just accept it is the biggest in Subsaharan African based on Your visits.Have you visited markets in Sudan and Ethipia too?

You want me to do that for you? You claim to be educated so why don't you search for it on the internet or better still go do the counting/survey of all the markets in Nigeria yourself.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 11:12am On Aug 24, 2013
Biafra diplomat:

You want me to do that for you? You claim to be educated so why don't you search for it on the internet or better still go do the counting/survey of all the markets in Nigeria yourself.
Guy you are empty! You are the one making the claims so in summary we conclude that your claims are unfounded and without evidential basis. Fictitious fantasy!!
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 11:25am On Aug 24, 2013
Katsumoto:

Let me break it down for you. Altruth stated that competition in the East (Alaigbo) is very stiff and I responded that the US which is more competitive than Alaigbo enjoys positive net migration (more arrive than leave) while Alaigbo has negative net migration (less leave than arrive). Now from that statement, there are only two factors that are open to debate.

1. That the US is more competitive than Alaigbo
2. That the US has better net migration numbers than Alaigbo.

First, how did you arrive at the conclusion that I was stating that Americans don't leave the US for greener pastures.

Second, if we look at the unofficial numbers of Americans living abroad and compare with the US population, a reasonable person will come to the conclusion that only a minority of Americans move abroad. And for those that do, they move abroad temporarily. According to the Association of Americans Abroad, there are approximately 6 million Americans living abroad. That translates to approximately 1.7% of Americans living abroad.

Questions
1. Were you really basing your argument on such a small percentage? Or were you basing your argument on the very strong percentage of a third of Americans living in China alone? So what really is the point you are making?

2. Do you believe that the temporary migration patterns of a very small percentage of Americans (1.7%) is similar to the permanent migration patterns of Ndigbo? Take into consideration the 2006 census of the SE at approximately 17 million, the huge population of Ndigbo all over Nigeria, Africa, the US, and Asia.

3. Do you believe competition is a reason for individuals to migrate or would you agree with sociologists who term it appropriately as a lack of opportunities? Please do not equate Igbo migration to corporations entry into new markets like Goldman Sachs opening new offices in China.

Original Questions which escaped you
1. Do you think Alaigbo is more competitive than the US?

2. Do you think Alaigbo has positive net migration? More importantly, do you think Alaigbo has a higher net positive migration than the US?

you haven't the right to tell me what argument should arise from the fallacy you presented forth.
you made a claim and I need proof, these stories have no bearing with your fallacy.

you claimed Americans don't migrate due to stiffer competition and I ask you to prove that claim.

it's as simple as it gets, stories can't save you this time.

you are making another s! 1ly claim that people that leave the SE are more than inflows. do you have any data to support those claims?

when we are aware that even people from SS who migrate to lagos claim to be ibos or rightly put, yorubas see them as one and the same.

Please stop abusing your freedom of speech, your petty logic is nauseating.

it is not about how many Americans that left, or how temporary or permanent they left or why they left, you claimed they dont so prove it.

you can spare the stories for your Owambe concubines.

you have the right to edit your initial post if you want to switch tongues, the same way I edited my post when auto correct screwed my figures.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2013
YesBosss:

grin So ibos fought the hausas because of the yorubas in 1966? lolzzzzzzz, laugh wan tear my belle ooooo

I am not sure of 1966 but in 1967 during the Aburi conference, ojukwu insisted that one Brigadier Ogundipe a yoruba man and the highest ranking military officer at the time be returned as head of state against gowon who benefitted from the murder of Aguiyi ironsi, a provisio he sounded as one of his terms to remain in Nigeria.

though not his only condition, the failure of Gowon to implement the Aburi accord gave birth to the famous phrase " on Aburi we stand", thereafter, ojukwu declared the republic of Biafra.

I dont expect Awolowo to tell you that.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
@ JP Phillips

I am very satisfied that you are very ignorant about this subject and as such will not debate it further with you. The point I made was very clear but you inferred something else and prefer to debate that. Even when I have provided points to counter that argument, you still maintain I have to prove something to you. For the avoidance of doubt, your point is that I should prove to you that Americans who live outside the US aren't running from competition. If less than 2% of Americans live outside the US, and most work for US corporations, can any reasonable person conclude they are running from competition?

I don't do roundabout debates, so I am not going to waste any more time with you. Like they say, 'empty bottles make the most noise'.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
jp philips:

I am not sure of 1966 but in 1967 during the Aburi conference, ojukwu insisted that one Brigadier Ogundipe a yoruba man and the highest ranking military officer at the time be returned as head of state against gowon who benefitted from the murder of Aguiyi ironsi, a provisio he sounded as one of his terms to remain in Nigeria.

though not his only condition, the failure of Gowon to implement the Aburi accord gave birth to the famous phrase " on Aburi we stand", thereafter, ojukwu declared the republic of Biafra.

I dont expect Awolowo to tell you that.

am sure of 1966.
When the northerners were at a cold war with the south. When the north saw d south as conquered territories, yorubas were the most vulnerable, were used by northerners as scum bags.
They wanted to continue conquering and assimilating yorubaland to d north beyond kwara. That was d wish of Ahmadu Bello.

And chukwuma kaduna nzeogwu decided to fight d northern leaders for dem. While he left d southern assignment to his aides.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Asoozy: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:

am sure of 1966.
When the northerners were at a cold war with the south. When the north saw d south as conquered territories, yorubas were the most vulnerable, were used by northerners as scum bags.
They wanted to continue conquering and assimilating yorubaland to d north beyond kwara. That was d wish of Ahmadu Bello.

And chukwuma kaduna nzeogwu decided to fight d northern leaders for dem. While he left d southern assignment to his aides.

Aww... How very magnanimous of Nzeogwu, so much so that he killed Yoruba leaders too. I suppose he was trying to save us from ourselves too.

How interesting that he felt that he had to kill us to save us. A very kind man he was.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Katsumoto: @ JP Phillips

I am very satisfied that you are very ignorant about this subject and as such will not debate it further with you. The point I made was very clear but you inferred something else and prefer to debate that. Even when I have provided points to counter that argument, you still maintain I have to prove something to you. For the avoidance of doubt, your point is that I should prove to you that Americans who live outside the US aren't running from competition. If less than 2% of Americans live outside the US, and most work for US corporations, can any reasonable person conclude they are running from competition?

I don't do roundabout debates, so I am not going to waste any more time with you. Like they say, 'empty bottles make the most noise'.

y not ask an igbo man in Lagos y he is there and stop d stress of thinking ogbomosho is finer dan enugu
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:

y not ask an igbo man in Lagos y he is there and stop d stress of thinking ogbomosho is finer dan enugu
Many are there because their land is unbearable . Some are Osus who can become anonymous in Leh -gus and escape Osu discrimination but the bottomline is Ibos do not like to be at home.Can you live in Iboeland
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
Asoozy:

Aww... How very magnanimous of Nzeogwu, so much so that he killed Yoruba leaders too. I suppose he was trying to save us from ourselves too.

How interesting that he felt that he had to kill us to save us. A very kind man he was.

exactly. He had to kill ur traitors. Dat Akintola put u thru hell.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da: Many are there because their land is unbearable . Some are Osus who can become anonymous in Leh -gus and escape Osu discrimination but the bottomline is Ibos do not like to be at home.Can you live in Iboeland
i live in igboland. Y do igbos all over d world cum for Xmas n oda festivities.
If u think u can use d wishful thinking of 'ibadan is finer dan Owerri' to console ur self/selves abt d progress of igbos in Lagos, they u are on a long thing.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
Katsumoto: @ JP Phillips

you see your life? now you are running to ratios, after being disgraced on temporary and permanent migration, you fled to factors of migration now you are back without proof,

after making mockery of your self on inflow vs outflow without data, you are now whining like an infant who was denied br@ast milk.

when will you burry your face in shame and withdraw this statement

" Can competition in the East be
stiffer than in the US? How
many Americans do you find
outside the US escaping from
competition?"

because you cannot prove it. you think you were talking to your fellow jakande teachers association badagry chapter.

if you knew that over 6 million Americans live outside the US, why did you make the statement above?

you claimed all of them work for multinational American companies, can you prove it?
because I have 2 American friends who have been around for 8yrs here packaging themselves as consultants when in the real sense they are technically jobless, how did you arrive at the statement you made?

even inside the US, New York happen to be the most populated American city, can you categorically say that All Americans in New York are all from New York?
why then do you fail to see the reason why Emeka should leave Awka for lagos or okeke to leave Owerri for lagos, simply because you have lies to paint all over the Internet?

give me two reasons why I shouldn't call you a m0r0n?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:
i live in igboland. Y do igbos all over d world cum for Xmas n oda festivities.
If u think u can use d wishful thinking of 'ibadan is finer dan Owerri' to console ur self/selves abt d progress of igbos in Lagos, they u are on a long thing.
Well done my sister.I apologise.Please stay in Iboeland and can you advise those rascals in Lagos to come home.Tell them how lovely tins are in Hoomgbidis
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:

am sure of 1966.

lolzzzzzzz,

this is a new dimension to the Nigerian history, as much as I don't enjoy discussing ethnicity,

kaduna nzeogwu was from a region called Midwest not pure easterner like you are making it sound only ifeajuna was from the east.

Nzeogwu in his coup speech didn't say he killed the northerners to liberate the yorubas, rather, he said he and his group equally representing all regions did what they did because the regional leaders were corrupt.

to buttress further, I dont see how the death of okitie eboh and Unegbe(who were victims of Nzeogwu's coup) liberated the yorubas.

I will understand if you are making a joke but our history is what it is.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:

am sure of 1966.

lolzzzzzzz,

this is a new dimension to the Nigerian history, as much as I don't enjoy discussing ethnicity,

kaduna nzeogwu was from a region called Midwest not pure easterner like you are making it sound only ifeajuna was from the east.

Nzeogwu in his coup speech didn't say he killed the northerners to liberate the yorubas, rather, he said he and his group equally representing all regions did what they did because the regional leaders were corrupt.

to buttress further, I dont see how the death of okitie eboh and Unegbe(who were victims of Nzeogwu's coup) liberated the yorubas.

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by tpia5: 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Security threat?

Deportation things.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
Asoozy:

lolzzzzzzz

Omg!! you are one funny SOAB.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
jp philips:

lolzzzzzzz,

are there not igbo indienes of delta? What are u smoking?

If he were not igbo, y was it labelled an igbo coup? Moreover,
The name chukwuma nzeogwu does it sound yoruba to u. Kaduna was a name given to him in d north cos he was born there.

If u dont know these simple tnz, what else do u know?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da: Many are there because their land is unbearable . Some are Osus who can become anonymous in Leh -gus and escape Osu discrimination but the bottomline is Ibos do not like to be at home.Can you live in Iboeland

most ibos in lagos have homes in the East and they travel a lot, is the discrimination a seasonal event?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2013
jp philips:

most ibos in lagos have homes in the East and they travel a lot, is the discrimination a seasonal event?
Most Ibos in Lagos Like Most Ibos in Nigeria and Like Most other Nigerians do not OWN homes ANYWHERE.
Very few Nigerians own homes. SO there is no need to deceive ourselves.
Spare us the chest beating. There are hundreds of Ibos in rural Epe,Ikorodu and Badagry growing ugwu and planting cassava. They are hardworking and decent BUT they do NOT own any homes anywhere.They are poor like MOST Nigerians. Nothing special about Ibos . They sell Gala,pure water LaCasera,ride okada and do "conductor" just like other Nigerians
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:

are there not igbo indienes of delta? What are u smoking?

If he were not igbo, y was it labelled an igbo coup? Moreover,
The name chukwuma nzeogwu does it sound yoruba to u. Kaduna was a name given to him in d north cos he was born there.

If u dont know these simple tnz, what else do u know?

I won't wish to argue with you on that, but for sake of clarity in 1966, Midwest was not ibo land it belongs to bende which was multi tribal.

the few people who speak Ibo in bende were migrants from across the Niger, it is evident in their language. They speak similar like onitsha people and I can bet an average Owerri man may not understand him.

it was ojukwu's enemies who branded Nzeogwu's coup as ibo coup where as all the regions were adequately represented.

Nzeogwu ...... Midwest
ifeajuna. ....... .east
Ademoyega.....west
kpera. ..............North.

The same way obasanjo and Atiku said buhari wants to islamize Nigeria in 2003 in the east and till date, ibos still believe that Nonsense.

its like saying that a delta man in lagos is an Ibo man.

call Nzeogwu who he is and leave it at that. Midwest.

pls can we skip the ethnicity part cos it sounds childish, till date I cant figure out bill Clinton and barak obama's ethnic groups.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da:
Most Ibos in Lagos Like Most Ibos in Nigeria and Like Most other Nigerians do not OWN homes ANYWHERE.
Very few Nigerians own homes. SO there is no need to deceive ourselves.
Spare us the chest beating. There are hundreds of Ibos in rural Epe,Ikorodu and Badagry growing ugwu and planting cassava. They are hardworking and decent BUT they do NOT own any homes anywhere.They are poor like MOST Nigerians. Nothing special about Ibos . They sell Gala,pure water LaCasera,ride okada and do "conductor" just like other Nigerians

ibos don't own homes elsewhere outside lagos, because they hawk casera, is that the point you are passing across?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Presidential Aides Pray For Yusuf Buhari / Violence Breaks Out At Ekiti APC Primary, Ballot Boxes Missing / Zamfara, Rivers APC Remain Banned – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.