Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,845 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:16 PM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27418 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
Biafra diplomat:

Igbos are not trouble makers but at the same time, they are never intimidated rather they will fight for a cause they believe in even to the last man standing. The civil war is a case study, even with millions dead and the overwhelming imperial and federal allied forces attacking them from all sides and harangued by hunger and starvation with the blockade effectively in place, they kept on till the end. I don't think any other ethnic group in Nigeria could have the guts and resilience to stand the rest of the country as well as the imperial forces. The east was destroyed both the infrastructure, social demography, etc and it took the Igbos many years to recover irrespective of their natural instincts on turning waste to wealth.

Lagos would not survive an implosion of the magnitude that ethnic war between Igbos and Yorubas would cause, there are many Igbos that were born in Lagos who have never been to the east since they were born as well as hundreds of thousands of others who invested millions who would rather die defending it than running away. If the Igbos could fight the whole of Nigeria to a stand still then I don't think the Yorubas alone could overwhelm us.

LETS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE IN NIGERIA!

Your post is full of "I don't think", "I don't think". You should do a lot more thinking and stop daydreaming.
And good luck to fighting Yoruba on their own land.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Sorry can I get some clarifications from you- mainly about the figures. Thank you.

Is that in millions or thousands? Are you saying there are 110 million Americans living in China? If Yes, please can you kindly provide your source.

If you mean that there are 110,000 Americans in China, can you provide a breakdown of those that are expatriates working for American Multinationals, Journalists working for American News Corporations, Researchers and Students and Americans who are economic migrants in China.

Many thanks in advance

if I do all you asked, what will you be doing?
2011- 110, 000 Americans in China.
American population at the time was less than 350m

2013- I ve not checked.

now I mentioned Britain and south Korea inclusive

auto correct screwed the figures
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
Biafra diplomat:

they are never intimidated rather they will fight for a cause they believe in even to the last man standing

According to history, the last man ran off the battle field instead of standing and fighting...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Lagosbabe1: 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
jp philips:

if I do all you asked, what will you be doing?
2011- 110, 000 Americans in China.
American population at the time was less than 350m

2013- I ve not checked.

now I mentioned Britain and south Korea inclusive

auto correct screwed the figures

Very weak come back and explanation for the school boy error you made there. Now going forward, what is the percentage of 110000 to 350 million people, do you consider that as a strong argument for your rant earlier?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

This is how morons join a conversation midstream and get slammed to the ground.

It appears that your dull brain does not not the difference between Individuals migrating for greener pastures and those working for conglomerates who are diversifying into other countries. There are many Americans no doubt in the UK and China but a majority are working for US or European firms. I spent two years in Shanghai working for a firm, will you put me in the same category as someone who traveled from Abakaliki to Lagos to work in his brothers shop?

Try to understand before commenting or ask for an explanation. Like a big fool that you are, you didn't just seek clarification or understanding but you thought in the usual manner of an unintelligent dunce, that adding insults to your points would make you more intelligent.

#farts on your face# when a multinational company in the US sends you to China to work for them and gives you the opportunity of relocating your family, which pasture do their families seek? black pasture?

when Emeka has three shops in onitsha and sends for his cousin serving there to join him in lagos office, which pasture is emeka's cousin seeking? orange pasture?

most experts in Nigeria and other countries switch jobs like crazy, if in doubt ask where all the challenger staff that came in with them ended up after challenger left.

if you believe that the 189, 000 (2009 estimate) Americans living in the UK are all working for multinational American companies then you need help.
#farts on your face again and exit thread#
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

There are over 350 million Americans and not 350,000. Is that what the Aba made Encyclopedia you have provides?

If you get something as simple as population figures wrong and don't have the ability to deduce that you are way of the mark, then you need to sit in a corner with a dummy in your mouth. Clearly you have not even seen the map of the US before let alone visit otherwise you wouldn't have made that 2nd grade error.

Your brain wasn't quick to tell you that the population of the US can not be less than 350,000. There are more people in Awka than 350,000, yet this slowpoke doesn't have the gumption to comprehend.

Come and tell us you made a mistake.

you made me proud when you had a brain, now that I know who borrowed it, why should you bother what you think?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

There are over 350 million Americans and not 350,000. Is that what the Aba made Encyclopedia you have provides?

If you get something as simple as population figures wrong and don't have the ability to deduce that you are way of the mark, then you need to sit in a corner with a dummy in your mouth. Clearly you have not even seen the map of the US before let alone visit otherwise you wouldn't have made that 2nd grade error.

Your brain wasn't quick to tell you that the population of the US can not be less than 350,000. There are more people in Awka than 350,000, yet this slowpoke doesn't have the gumption to comprehend.

Come and tell us you made a mistake.

you made me proud when you had a brain, now that I know who borrowed it, why should I bother what you think?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Very weak come back and explanation for the school boy error you made there. Now going forward, what is the percentage of 110000 to 350 million people, do you consider that as a strong argument for your rant earlier?

sorry, I can't tutor you for free,
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

He is dumb, how can anyone with a solid education make the mistake of stating that the US population is less than 350,000?

The joker is obviously a juvenile. I wont waste my time on him.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2013
Can competition in the East be
stiffer than in the US? How
many Americans do you find
outside the US escaping from
competition?

Katsumoto do you still claim that Americans don't migrate to evade stiffer competition?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
agbameta:

According to history, the last man ran off the battle field instead of standing and fighting...

my best part
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
Aigbofa:

Your post is full of "I don't think", "I don't think". You should do a lot more thinking and stop daydreaming.
And good luck to fighting Yoruba on their own land.
Nobody is fighting the Yorubas but I admonish that you guys should strive and be more industrious rather than hoping that Igbos would leave Lagos either by omission or commission because that would never happen, we fought for Biafra so we could be on our own but you guys connived with others to bring us back and now that we are back in Nigeria you guys don't want us to leave freely in Lagos after over four decades of collectively developing it? That would never happen, we will swim and sink together in Nigeria and if you guys try any sh11t of trying to secede, we will still join hands with the others to bring you back and believe me your folks cant resist for a week before capitulating and as far as Nigeria remains one any Igbo has as much right as any Yoruba in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
agbameta:

Yes, because he who fights and takes off leaves to fight another day rather than a coward who would commit suicide by drinking rat poison because he was afraid to face his fears..., The same person you guys celebrate as a hero, little wonder you are a race that is well known for cowardice.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
Jp philips

I am coming for u; i am going to school you today and i will do it for free.

No one believes auto check screwed up 350 million to 350,000. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto: Jp philips

I am coming for u; i am going to school you today and i will do it for free.

No one believes auto check screwed up 350 million to 350,000. grin grin

well, if you type 110,000 and write 350 , we know what happens next, re u still on ur previous claim that Americans dont migrate to evade stiffer competition?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
jp philips:

well, if you type 110,000 and write 350 , we know what happens next, re u still on ur previous claim that Americans dont migrate to evade stiffer competition?

You wrote 350,000. Lying just makes it worse.

I will address the rest of ur post shortly.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
Katsumoto:

You wrote 350,000. Lying just makes it worse.

I will address the rest of ur post shortly.

when u ve recovered ur borrowed brain u mean?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 99cent: 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
deeptesting: LASG should stop harassing Igbo traders in Lagos State and labeling them all sorts of names......If the traders refused to pay tax to the LASG because the market and land belongs to the Federal Government how does that constitute a security threat? Nonsense.

you can't refuse to pay taxes in Lagos under Fashola.
the "Federal Government" excuse is overplayed and won't work.
reminds me of the thread about dirty filthy roads in Aba, Abia state. All of a sudden, "Federal Government" became the enemy and cause of filthy slums in Aba. Everything is always another person's fault. today it is lagos's fault. tomorrow it is federal government's fault. tomorrow it is Kano and Abuja's fault. Day after that, it is South Africa's fault.

PAY YOUR DAMN TAXES. take personal responsibility once in a while.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 99cent: 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lagos would not survive an implosion of the magnitude that ethnic war between Igbos and Yorubas would cause, there are many Igbos that were born in Lagos who have never been to the east since they were born as well as hundreds of thousands of others who invested millions who would rather die defending it than running away. If the Igbos could fight the whole of Nigeria to a stand still then I don't think the Yorubas alone could overwhelm us.

yeah your post makes zero sense.
if the so called many "igbos" were born in Lagos, have never been to the east and don't know nothing about the east, cannot speak a sentence in igbo. then what makes them Igbo? What makes you think that if they identify more with yorubaland, speak yoruba, eat yoruba foods, wear yoruba clothes etc. u really think they will turn around and fight biafra war for you?
mtchew. rubbish. most of them could care less about ur tribal ideas and within 2 generations most of them are assimilating as yorubas.
better go and re-think your strategy.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
99cent:

yeah your post makes zero sense.
if the so called many "igbos" were born in Lagos, have never been to the east and don't know nothing about the east, cannot speak a sentence in igbo. then what makes them Igbo? What makes you think that if they identify more with yorubaland, speak yoruba, eat yoruba foods, wear yoruba clothes etc. u really think they will turn around and fight biafra war for you?
mtchew. rubbish. most of them could care less about ur tribal ideas and within 2 generations most of them are assimilating as yorubas.
better go and re-think your strategy.
It's obvious you're overestimating your IQ, that they have stayed donkey years in Lagos does not mean they can't speak Igbo, do not bear Igbo names, do not look like Igbos or would not identify with their kit and kin, remember they all do business together and attend town meetings together. Mind you nobody is instigating any war but when pushing gets to shoving everybody would answer his fathers name.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Lagosbabe1: 10:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
jp philips:

sorry, I can't tutor you for free,

Going by your post where you erroneously assumed that the population of the USA = 350000, you will need a lot of tutorials yourself.

You have shot yourself in the foot and you should just man up, chin up and accept your mistake.

That is the problem with a lot of folks on here, you have very little knowledge and rudimentary debating skills but mask it with false bravado and ad hominem attacks. I think you should watch and learn from the very people you love to hate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ALTRUTH(m): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
99cent:

you can't refuse to pay taxes in Lagos under Fashola.
the "Federal Government" excuse is overplayed and won't work.
reminds me of the thread about dirty filthy roads in Aba, Abia state. All of a sudden, "Federal Government" became the enemy and cause of filthy slums in Aba. Everything is always another person's fault. today it is lagos's fault. tomorrow it is federal government's fault. tomorrow it is Kano and Abuja's fault. Day after that, it is South Africa's fault.

PAY YOUR DAMN TAXES. take personal responsibility once in a while.

And do you have proof that they don't pay taxes?
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by jpphilips(m): 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Going by your post where you erroneously assumed that the population of the USA = 350000, you will need a lot of tutorials yourself.

You have shot yourself in the foot and you should just man up, chin up and accept your mistake.

That is the problem with a lot of folks on here, you have very little knowledge and rudimentary debating skills but mask it with false bravado and ad hominem attacks. I think you should watch and learn from the very people you love to hate.

you believe someone that knows the population of Americans in china way back 2011 will assume the population of the US is 350k?

Katsumoto has gone to recover his brain I suggest you do same.

yawns!!
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
Biafra diplomat:
Yes, because he who fights and takes off leaves to fight another day rather than a coward who would commit suicide by drinking rat poison because he was afraid to face his fears..., The same person you guys celebrate as a hero, little wonder you are a race that is well known for cowardice.

So he who fights and takes off EVERY NOW AND THEN leaves to fight another day [b
TILL PARADISE COMES?[/b] ......Dude, Stop making a show of your mess here.

..We know all ur same old dog stories of someone commiting suicide as a coward.
..So someone who commited suicide when no he had no one to fight did so as a coward? AND So someone who was supposed to lead d warfront but fled did so as a brave heart?

THIS IS WHAT BEST DESCRIBES U PEOPLE:
"A drowning man will always catch at straws".

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

pls i beg ur pardon not to indulge him anymore. Since u v seen the contents of such dim-headed, i suggest u restrain!!

Cant u even see his next comment? it just psychologically revealed his emptiness on the matter!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
true2god: I knw u r educated but u r very wrong to tell me dat edo is more developed dan enugu, ekiti is more than anambra, or Jigawa is more developed dan Imo. I knw u must be joking or u dnt travel outside lagos.

I grow up in Lagos, and aside from Lagos there is no any economically viable state in the south west. Remember that its only the south western states (aside lagos) in the south that took the FG to court over the offshore\onshore dichotomy on oil revenue sharing formula. They said they cant operate without enough oil revenue frm federation acct. The other south western states are poorer than south eastern states.

The pride of south west is lagos, ok?

what do they know?
Sometimes i ask some of dem on dis forum, Aside lagos dat houses igbos, yorubas and all, where exactly in SW can compare to SE? None.
There are no cities in Sw that are as comely and fine as Enugu and Owerri.
No city with the creativity of Aba in d Sw.
No economically viable capital/non- capital city as Onitsha and Nnewi.
No Villages in SW have better houses than SE? The only state making sense in SW is a place that was least developed by the yorubas. Aside d State civil service,
what other sectors in Lagos are exclusively a yoruba sector?
Lagos was developed with cocoa my foot. And now, who ate all the cocoa?
Sw devt died with Awolowo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by agbameta: 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
Biafra diplomat:

Kpele, I didn't mean to make you cry. Get a grip of yourself and your puerile emotions grin
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 99cent: 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
ALTRUTH:

And do you have proof that they don't pay taxes?

if they don't, they should cool
i'm sure some of them have. the responsible citizens among them.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 99cent: 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
Biafra diplomat: It's obvious you're overestimating your IQ, that they have stayed donkey years in Lagos does not mean they can't speak Igbo, do not bear Igbo names, do not look like Igbos or would not identify with their kit and kin, remember they all do business together and attend town meetings together. Mind you nobody is instigating any war but when pushing gets to shoving everybody would answer his fathers name.

u are the dumb one here. less than 3 in 10 igbo people i've met who were BORN and RAISED in lagos can barely speak igbo. and they definitely do not attend igbo town meetings. On the other hand, they are watching just as much yoruba movies and attending owambe parties and eating as much amala as me.

go and re-think ur strategies.

Biafra diplomat: there are many Igbos that were born in Lagos who have never been to the east since they were born

be exceedingly glad if u can recruit a few psychos amongst them to join ur cause.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
ngozievergreen:

what do they know?
Sometimes i ask some of dem on dis forum, Aside lagos dat houses igbos, yorubas and all, where exactly in SW can compare to SE? None.
No Villages in SW have better houses than SE? The only state making sense in SW is a place that was least developed by the yorubas. Aside d State civil service,

Ngozi, pls where did u school for God's sake? undecided
This is FUNNY. U just made a mockery of urself & ur fellas here. grin.

Did u check d last result of d GDP sum of both regions at all ?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

pls check this first b4 i know what response fits u.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 99cent: 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
ngozievergreen:

what do they know?

all that na wash. no one cares. great as ur so called east is, majority of u will rather live in slum of lagos than live in ur so called enugu "japan of africa" grin
yea. that says a lot.

besides I don't see enugu, owerri or even so called onitsha on any international city lists. lagos, ibadan, portharcourt, abuja etc shows up all the time. seeing as u like to blow ur trumpet, no one else is agreeing with u in ur claims.

it was initially developed with cocoa in colonial days. and that was not exclusively a yoruba sector.
even americans invite immigrants to help them provide cheap labor grin why else would america be so great?
we acknowledge ur help. than u very much.
in fact, u will be welcome to come and provide cheap labor for atlantic city project when it opens. cool I know it's a huge offer u cannot turn down. I can already picture igbo folks in onitsha ffighting each other over who will come to atlantic city first grin
at the end of the day, u will forever live with the FACT that u live in SW and there is nothing u can do about it. it ain't ur region.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
And to the guy yarning dat yorubas are accomodating, stop disgracing yourself.
Igbos do their normal biz in Lag, not b/c u accomodate anything, but because they understand your jealousy.
U can as well say dat Maiduguri is accomodating because igbos are there.
Y wont u all think u are kind, when during xmas season, lagos goes drier?
And of course, during d time of Oso Abiola in 1993, werent u guys gnashing ur teeth and begging igbos to cum back?

Whatever happens, ur dominance in lagos will only end in d civil service , which unfortunately isnt a money spinner. Till u guys get ur lazy hands into sth worthwhile, only ur govt leeches wl be rich.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Ex-Service Chiefs To Be Investigated Over Buhari’s 'Missing' Certificate / Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.