Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (27340 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
99cent:

all that na wash. no one cares. great as ur so called east is, majority of u will rather live in slum of lagos than live in ur so called enugu "japan of africa" grin
yea. that says a lot.

and they told u more igbos stay in Lagos more dan SE? Innit?
And what abt d yorubas in Lagos, d vast majority of which arent Lagosians in origin? What does dat say abt d shanties in ur oda towns?
Cos u guys are not in Lagos for commerce and industry, importation (at least igbos have their reasons), what are the non indigenous yorubas doing in Lagos?
Oh, i forgot, ppl have to be employed as agberos, omo oniles, babalojas and of course Almajirism.
*smh*
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2013
ngozievergreen:

and they told u more igbos stay in Lagos more dan SE? Innit?
And what abt d yorubas in Lagos, d vast majority of which arent Lagosians in origin? What does dat say abt d shanties in ur oda towns?
Cos u guys are not in Lagos for commerce and industry, importation (at least igbos have their reasons), what are the non indigenous yorubas doing in Lagos?
Oh, i forgot, ppl have to be employed as agberos, omo oniles, babalojas and of course Almajirism.
*smh*
Your external Os needs dilation before atresia sets in
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Lagosbabe1: 11:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
ngozievergreen: And to the guy yarning dat yorubas are accomodating, stop disgracing yourself.
Igbos do their normal biz in Lag, not b/c u accomodate anything, but because they understand your jealousy.
U can as well say dat Maiduguri is accomodating because igbos are there.
Y wont u all think u are kind, when during xmas season, lagos goes drier?
And of course, during d time of Oso Abiola in 1993, werent u guys gnashing ur teeth and begging igbos to cum back?

Whatever happens, ur dominance in lagos will only end in d civil service , which unfortunately isnt a money spinner. Till u guys get ur lazy hands into sth worthwhile, only ur govt leeches wl be rich.

This is delusion of the highest order! when did Yorubas beg Ibos to come back? grin grin

So you openly admit that Ibos ran away from Lagos during the mayhem of 1993? I thought Yorubas are the cowards? So you left your businesses and houses in Ikoyi, VI and Lekki in 1993?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
0monnak0da: Your external Os needs dilation before atresia sets in

why should u pardon her internal OS? undecided
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 99cent: 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
^ igbos do their spare part biz in lagos just the same way mexicans do their migrant farming biz in USA.
we don't have a problem with u. just don't abuse ur accommodation.

my dad lived a few yrs in maiduguri btw. he had nothing but fond memories of his stay there.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 99cent: 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

This is delusion of the highest order! when did Yorubas beg Ibos to come back? grin grin

So you openly admit that Ibos ran away from Lagos during the mayhem of 1993? I thought Yorubas are the cowards? So you left your businesses and houses in Ikoyi, VI and Lekki in 1993?

I was going to post that she has some psychological problems that need to be checked.
hahahahahaha I am trying to imagine anyone begging igbos to come to their land but I can't. it's just an impossible idea for me to imagine grin grin grin
I think she meant yorubas were begging igbos to go back to their land. and made a typo
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
agbameta:

Why do you people say apart from Lagos, there are no economically viable states in the SW when in fact the economy of Ogun, Oyo and other state in the SW trumps many of the eastern states?

There are more industries in Ogun stan than the whole of SW joined together.

Anambra state budget for 2013 is N110 billion while Ogun state for 2013 is N211.8 billion, practically doubled Anambra's budget and there's more going on in Ogun state in terms of development that all your states put together.

Enugu is meager N83 billion hence nothing on the ground in terms of development.

Eboyin is N104 billion

Abia is N134 billion

Imo is N197 billion

Facts on the ground doesn't jive with your bogus assertions...

my dear, d economic devt in SW is not due to yorubas, it stings but its usu easy setting up businesses in your land because there are no competition coming from d locals.
At least, shoprite-to-be in Onitsha has been discussed to face challenges in d future because onitsha main mkt is dere.
This is SE for u.
My main point is, how many industries in SW are not owned by non-yorubas and foreigners? How much of d IGR are cooked by d yorubas?
Y is d IGR of oyo high, yet d populance is generally at varying degrees of being poor. Dat further shows u are not d one making d revenue.
Even Many farms there like poultry businesses are managed by foreigners? What exactly do u many of your ppl do?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
0monnak0da: Your external Os needs dilation before atresia sets in

to be frank,dis is hilarious
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2013
ngozievergreen:

my dear, d economic devt in SW is not due to yorubas, it stings but its usu easy setting up businesses in your land because there are no competition coming from d locals.
At least, shoprite-to-be in Onitsha has been discussed to face challenges in d future because onitsha main mkt is dere.
This is SE for u.
My main point is, how many industries in SW are not owned by non-yorubas and foreigners? How much of d IGR are cooked by d yorubas?
Y is d IGR of oyo high, yet d populance is generally at varying degrees of being poor. Dat further shows u are not d one making d revenue.
Even Many farms there like poultry businesses are managed by foreigners? What exactly do u many of your ppl do?

This is one of the great mysteries of life.The Economic development across the SW is down to the Ibos and yet the SE languishes in squalor. I really can't figure that one out.Why don't you guys develop Aba and Hoonewi.
Look at the data for GDP or IGR for the SE and compare with SW .When presented with this you say it is not SW but SE people doing it

OK here is another; Cocoa is the second largest earner of Forex in Nigeria today.Is this down to migrant farmers from Mgbidi

tell us what does SE contribute in terms of Forex apart from crude oil we are talking agriculture here or manufacturing what do you bring to the table?

PLEASE SHOW US PICTURES OF ONISHA MAIN MAKATE grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

my dear, i dont expect u to agree with me on d part of yorubas suffering when business activities were disrupted in d Sw because of 1993 saga.
When d saga abated, we resumed businesses, not because we care abt ur cries, but because we need d money. And yes, u missed d igbos.

Moreover, Were u expecting igbos to fight d hausas for u Or put their swords for ur abiola? While u cowards will be doing wat?
Igbos will fight wen d war is really against dem. D last tym an igbo fought the hausas because of u was in 1966 and no igbo is doing dat again.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 11:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
In the South of Nigeria today who produces more Chicken,fish? What does the SE produce exactly

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
0monnak0da:

This is one of the dreat mysteries of life.The Economic development across the SW is down to the Ibos and yet the SE languishes in squalor. I really can't figure that one out.Why don't you guys develop Aba and Hoonewi.
Look at the data for GDP or IGR for the SE and compare with SW .When presented with this you say it is not SW but SE people doing it

OK here is another Cocoa is the second largest earner of Forex in Nigeria today.Is this down to migrant farmers from Mgbidi

tell us what does SE contribute in terms of Forex apart from crude oil we are talking agriculture here or manufacturing what do you bring to the table?

PLEASE SHOW US PICTURES OF ONISHA MAIN MAKATE grin grin grin

i didnt say, only igbos make ur IGR. I said non yorubas which included foreigners. But its true, most of those are foreign companies.
Onitsha is d largest west african mkt , where did u want me to start snapping from? Am not as jobless as u.
And yes, shoprite will not enjoy business as it does in many less commercial places, not b/c the money isnt there but due to oda factors i had mentioned.
If not for anything, tnz are cheap at d mkt, and its a centre for bulk purchase in d whole SE/ SS.
I dont know how many retailers that will be trooping to shoprite to stock their shops.

FYI, nnewi and Onitsha are developed. I schooled @ nnewi, and i tell ya dat no SW non capital city measured up to its feat.
Dont be jumpy abt d fact igbos dont stay in one place, enterpreneurs dont stay in one place.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
0monnak0da: In the South of Nigeria today who produces more Chicken,fish? What does the SE produce exactly

just move this question to the Jokes section. Next?!!!
See u 2moro morn
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Lagosbabe1: 12:06am On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:

my dear, i dont expect u to agree with me on d part of yorubas suffering when business activities were disrupted in d Sw because of 1993 saga.
When d saga abated, we resumed businesses, not because we care abt ur cries, but because we need d money. And yes, u missed d igbos.

Moreover, Were u expecting igbos to fight d hausas for u Or put their swords for ur abiola? While u cowards will be doing wat?
Igbos will fight wen d war is really against dem. D last tym an igbo fought the hausas because of u was in 1966 and no igbo is doing dat again.

Please do not patronize me! I dont know you. After that your sermon, have you ever sat down and wondered why a Yoruba became the President of Nigeria after the June 12 Saga? It has been over 40 years since the civil war and no Ibo has even come near the seat of power in Nigeria and it is increasingly looking unlikely it will happen anytime soon.

The Hausas have no respect for you and will walk all over you. I think it is time you see that Yorubas and Hausas have a symbiotic relationship and if push comes to shove , do not rule out a repeat of 1967-1970- only this time it will be worse.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 12:12am On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:

just move this question to the Jokes section. Next?!!!
See u 2moro morn

Funny woman full of assertion but no substance Onitsha is the largest market by which measure ?
acreage?
Turnover?
what exactly
You think you are on the Nnewi Ilo where you eat akpu and release flatulent ideas unchallenged.Come on. What is the basis for that claim? Why would Onitsha have the biggest market what is the logic for that? Manufacturing,Ease of access population? Why then is the GDP and IGR of Anambra so LOW even in the SE IMO and ABIA are miles AHEAD. If so much is going on in Anambra how come Ogun state is generating more than Anambra,Enugu,Ebonyi and Abia combined

What about electricity consumption which would give you some window into manufacturing? How much electricity is consumed in Anambra?

The reality is Onitsha was the largest market in a dream not any reality. THINK! look at the population of Kano Lagos and tell us what will make onitsha such a large market. Another hyperakpuremic delusion.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by papparatzzi2013: 12:25am On Aug 24, 2013
ngozievergreen:

This is SE for u.

This people affinity and penchant for falsehood and lies they have been telling themselves in their enclave will continue to be a source of amusement and embarrassment.

Onitsha main market is the biggest in West Africa, Yorubas were begging them to come back to SW during June 12 debacle.

Coz you are a lady, I will spare my response for your men, but you might not be 2times lucky. Do research and talk with facts here, you are not in your village square meeting.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by true2god: 12:31am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da: In the South of Nigeria today who produces more Chicken,fish? What does the SE produce exactly
U r a clown. The southwest produce chicken and fish head while the modern world is producing machineries.

The Yorubas can do the Igbos (and demselves) a favour, secede and we will back u up and leave Lagos. As long as Nigeria is one, Igbos wil always be in Lagos and there is noring Fashola can do about it.

We r not afraid of leaving Lagos and our investment, just pray that Nigeria breaks up, 95% of Igbos in Lagos will leave.

Do u knw hw much active Igbo populations pay yoruba lagos landlords annually? Lets do a bit arithmetic.....multiply 600000 igbo household (assuming each household equals 5pple) by 80000 (average annual house rent excluding shop rents)=N48billion (or more) we pay on house rent annually in Lagos. This amount can conveniently sustain a state in the federation. And remember dat an average hausaman dnt care about paying house rent in lagos, he can sleep anywhere he likes.

The truth is that if Igbos leave, the estate value in Lagos wil crash immediately, the banks will have liquidity problems, loans will be difficult to obtain from banks cos of cash constraints, transport busines in lagos will drop in revenue, the IGR will drop, arm robbry will increase, jobs wil be lose in banks. It will surely be a blesing for the Igbos if Nigeria divide.

This is the reason Yorubas fought zealously to keep Igbos in Nigeria at all cost. If Yorubas decide to leave Nigeria Igbos will be happy but if Igbos decide to leave they wont agree.

Students of logic will understand who is more important than the other here.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 0monnak0da: 12:40am On Aug 24, 2013
true2god: U r a clown. The southwest produce chicken and fish head while the modern world is producing machineries.

The Yorubas can do the Igbos (and demselves) a favour, secede and we will back u up and leave Lagos. As long as Nigeria is one, Igbos wil always be in Lagos and there is noring Fashola can do about it.

We r not afraid of leaving Lagos and our investment, just pray that Nigeria breaks up, 95% of Igbos in Lagos will leave.

Do u knw hw much active Igbo populations pay yoruba lagos landlords annually? Lets do a bit arithmetic.....multiply 600000 igbo household (assuming each household equals 5pple) by 80000 (average annual house rent excluding shop rents)=N48billion (or more) we pay on house rent annually in Lagos. This amount can conveniently sustain a state in the federation. And remember dat an average hausaman dnt care about paying house rent in lagos, he can sleep anywhere he likes.

The truth is that if Igbos leave, the estate value in Lagos wil crash immediately, the banks will have liquidity problems, loans will be difficult to obtain from banks cos of cash constraints, transport busines in lagos will drop in revenue, the IGR will drop, arm robbry will increase, jobs wil be lose in banks. It will surely be a blesing for the Igbos if Nigeria divide.

This is the reason Yorubas fought zealously to keep Igbos in Nigeria at all cost. If Yorubas decide to leave Nigeria Igbos will be happy but if Igbos decide to leave they wont agree.

You guys are liars through and through. We do not care what you do with yourselves. You forgot that Ojuiku made a foolish foray into Yoruba land to "liberate" Lagos.Natrurally we had to chastise you for that. So do not rewrite history.
As far as Lagos is concerned you are all welcome the more the merrier.You are funny if you think you are a threat in lagos. You only know how to trade mostly fake things and are a small part of Lagos economy.Your main undoing with your business practice is selfishness.The Ibo man does not want his Ibo brother to grow bigger than him and so even in your trading you will soon lose out to foreigners who can form companies.In Lagos we welcome everyone.The most important part of the economy in Lagos is manufacturing which you do not understand. If we were interested in driving you out we would have used the law against you ? Most of your businesses are criminal or environmentally destructive and very easy to discriminate against. All we need to do is enact refund laws for your fake businesses and enforce the already existing laws for spare parts in Lagos 1985 ; it is impossible for you to comply. We are a lawful people but choose to overlook the law just to welcome you. There is nothing special that you do ; you buy and you sell and we think that is a woman's role so don't start thinking you are so brilliant. If we really hate you like you think it is very easy to replace you with the Chinese in our markets.So don't tempt us
No one hates you more than you.Just behave yourselves and respect our laws or else....I foresee more red caps and baby hats coming to beg in Alausa

BTW get an education
very very few countries produce machines. Chicken and Fish are in your mind unimportant but I suggest you find out how much Nigeria spends on fish and chicken . V

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by papparatzzi2013: 12:42am On Aug 24, 2013
true2god: U r a clown. The southwest produce chicken and fish head while the modern world is producing machineries.

Another idiotic hypothesis and ifs theorem.

If you live, Americans, Chinese, french, Germans, Lebanese, Arabs, etc will troop in and replace you and your igunuko headed clan.

We will not miss you a bit. Sanity will reign supreme and lawlessness will be banished into the annals of history.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 2:03am On Aug 24, 2013
jp philips:

#farts on your face# when a multinational company in the US sends you to China to work for them and gives you the opportunity of relocating your family, which pasture do their families seek? black pasture?

when Emeka has three shops in onitsha and sends for his cousin serving there to join him in lagos office, which pasture is emeka's cousin seeking? orange pasture?

most experts in Nigeria and other countries switch jobs like crazy, if in doubt ask where all the challenger staff that came in with them ended up after challenger left.

if you believe that the 189, 000 (2009 estimate) Americans living in the UK are all working for multinational American companies then you need help.
#farts on your face again and exit thread#

It is obvious you do not know the difference between temporary and permanent migration. Your use of the term 'pasture' makes that very evident. Permanent immigrants relocate due to push factors (lack of wealth/opportunities, crime, primitive factors) in their original area and move to areas with pull factors (security, better living standards, opportunities/jobs). So for instance, when Yoruba folks live Yorubaland, they move to England, the US, Canada, etc. They don't move en mass to Aba, Jigawa, etc. Temporary migrants move for education or contract work and then return to their home region or move to another region/area. The US, Canada, UK all have large populations of permanent migrants but China, Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc all have large populations of temporary migrants.

Having explained that, I can then explain to you why you have a number of Americans outside America. Firstly, Americans in other countries tend to work for conglomerates. So a huge population of Americans in China are working. They don't move to China PERMANENTLY and hope to find work. They are mainly temporary migrants. They are there for a period of time and then go home or move elsewhere. In the UK, Americans still go there for work but due to the similarities between both countries and their common ancestry, many Americans move to England for love, family, and other social reasons. Many Brits move to Spain, Australia for the weather and these tend to be well-off migrants.

From your posts it is obvious you do not know the procedure or steps involved when corporations ask employees to move to other countries to work temporarily. When an American or European company asks you to move to China, they are not doing so because they believe your family will be jumping up and down with excitement at the thought of living in China. They do so because they want to gain from your expertise in that country and promise career advancement. Most families (in the West) are unwilling to move to China or most places really because of disruption to family life and distance to immediate family) and as such corporations MUST provide sweeteners to the families. They offer housing, private education for kids, assistance with finding jobs for spouses, language resources, etc.

I am unfamiliar with the term 'challenger' and as such can't comment on that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by ACM10: 2:05am On Aug 24, 2013
Katsumoto:

Someone else that had classes under the tree; do you realize that folk(s) is a term that applies to more than one person.

You either say that person or those folks. There is nothing like 'that folk'.

I keep telling you to find your level but you wouldn't listen.

Someone made a huge blunder and you agreed with him but you couldn't see it either because you are ignorant of the error or you were in a hurry to collabo with someone against me.

ACM

This is your last warning, if you don't have anything intelligent to share with me, ignore my posts or I will start pointing out the grammatical blunders/ scud missiles that you release regularly.

Now sod off.

I thought we've been through this thing before. I don't really care if you chose to be my grammar police. All I know is that I will continue to point out your silly argument.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 2:10am On Aug 24, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Going by your post where you erroneously assumed that the population of the USA = 350000, you will need a lot of tutorials yourself.

You have shot yourself in the foot and you should just man up, chin up and accept your mistake.

That is the problem with a lot of folks on here, you have very little knowledge and rudimentary debating skills but mask it with false bravado and ad hominem attacks. I think you should watch and learn from the very people you love to hate.

Your assessment of JP Phillips was correct. He tries to use insults and bravado to mask what he lacks in facts, presentation, and logic. How anyone could have stated that a third of Americans live in China is mind boggling.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 2:14am On Aug 24, 2013
ACM10:

I thought we've been through this thing before. I don't really care if you chose to be my grammar police. All I know is that I will continue to point out your silly argument.

Were you pointing out my silly argument when you agreed with JP Philips that a third of Americans live in China? Use your brain.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by MayorofLagos(m): 3:26am On Aug 24, 2013
true2god: I knw u r educated but u r very wrong to tell me dat edo is more developed dan enugu, ekiti is more than anambra, or Jigawa is more developed dan Imo. I knw u must be joking or u dnt travel outside lagos.

I grow up in Lagos, and aside from Lagos there is no any economically viable state in the south west. Remember that its only the south western states (aside lagos) in the south that took the FG to court over the offshore\onshore dichotomy on oil revenue sharing formula. They said they cant operate without enough oil revenue frm federation acct. The other south western states are poorer than south eastern states.

The pride of south west is lagos, ok?

You have a narrow understanding of what a regional development is. Let me broaden your mind.

You stated in beginning that your people troop out of the region into other places because of disparity in development. In crossing from SE to SW you are getting away from something and going to acquire something somewhere else.

There are many cultural and social comforts which you must give up when you migrate to another land. There are two interconnected reasons why your zone is not developed.
I alredy told you of the neglect by your leaders. The other is political.

Each region of this country has a character to it. The character in SE is that of a place where no one is interested in, a desolate place. In real terms, it is not desolate, Ive never been but Im sure SE has its own vibrancy, however, the perception does not accord to it any kind of warm character akin to what obtains in the places that you migrate to. So who is creating this perception? Nobody will run in the direction and settle in a land from which millions after millions of native owners, the Igbos, are running from. This pattern of movement therefore is a disincentive for government to invest itself in a relatively underpopulated zone.

In addition, Federal allocation of #50billion to, say, Anambra is by far a huge windfall when compared with the same #50billion to Ogun or Kaduna, in terms of its tangible equity, or to put it in technical terms, its "discretionary value".

Furthermore, in a regional arrangement, if Jigawa was in financial distress, its financial commitments can conveniently be subsidized by its sister states in NW. Same applies if Ekiti was on the brink of bankruptcy, its sister states in SW will rise up and finance its social debts and absorb its delinquencies and subsidize its needs. Same will be expected for Edo in SS, in fact one should not expect Edo to be in default considering the wealth in the region. These assumptions I just gave you if they were to occur today, the recovery for those three states will be true because this regional support network is already in place and been in practice on a smaller scale. It is hard to believe that if Anambra were to be in similar scenario, its regional sister states will come to its rescue. No data is needed to prove this. The hard facts of the inability of all 5 SE states to rescue itself from decay and neglect is enough testimony. If all together cannot act in concert to brin recovery and appeal to SE and are instead waiting on FG to do rescue, then it is valid to say insted of them stepping in witj a rescue, Anambra will be told to contact FG for its needs.

So when I say Ekiti, Jigawa, Edo are ahead of SE, I was thinking very broadly and far ahead into the politics of 2015 and beyond.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 4:09am On Aug 24, 2013
jp philips:

Very annoying how people form opinions from fallacies, as at 2011, Americans in china were totaling 110,000 at a time American's population was less than 350,000, 000. yet somebody is claiming Americans don't seek for greener pastures or evade competition like he put it.

Even if i was that dumb, i wont ever say it in public.

Let me break it down for you. Altruth stated that competition in the East (Alaigbo) is very stiff and I responded that the US which is more competitive than Alaigbo enjoys positive net migration (more arrive than leave) while Alaigbo has negative net migration (less leave than arrive). Now from that statement, there are only two factors that are open to debate.

1. That the US is more competitive than Alaigbo
2. That the US has better net migration numbers than Alaigbo.

First, how did you arrive at the conclusion that I was stating that Americans don't leave the US for greener pastures.

Second, if we look at the unofficial numbers of Americans living abroad and compare with the US population, a reasonable person will come to the conclusion that only a minority of Americans move abroad. And for those that do, they move abroad temporarily. According to the Association of Americans Abroad, there are approximately 6 million Americans living abroad. That translates to approximately 1.7% of Americans living abroad.

Questions
1. Were you really basing your argument on such a small percentage? Or were you basing your argument on the very strong percentage of a third of Americans living in China alone? So what really is the point you are making?

2. Do you believe that the temporary migration patterns of a very small percentage of Americans (1.7%) is similar to the permanent migration patterns of Ndigbo? Take into consideration the 2006 census of the SE at approximately 17 million, the huge population of Ndigbo all over Nigeria, Africa, the US, and Asia.

3. Do you believe competition is a reason for individuals to migrate or would you agree with sociologists who term it appropriately as a lack of opportunities? Please do not equate Igbo migration to corporations entry into new markets like Goldman Sachs opening new offices in China.

Original Questions which escaped you
1. Do you think Alaigbo is more competitive than the US?

2. Do you think Alaigbo has positive net migration? More importantly, do you think Alaigbo has a higher net positive migration than the US?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by 99cent: 4:42am On Aug 24, 2013
the argument that igbos flee their region because igbo land is too competitive always makes me chuckle grin
yea me too I fled nigeria for USA because nigeria is too competitive grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Katsumoto: 4:59am On Aug 24, 2013
99cent: the argument that igbos flee their region because igbo land is too competitive always makes me chuckle grin
yea me too I fled nigeria for USA because nigeria is too competitive grin

Hahahahahaha

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Its funny how Europeans are migrating to other countries/continents now that their economies are collapsing and competition is waning but didn't when their economies were strong and competition was fierce.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2013
99cent:
[s]
u are the dumb one here. less than 3 in 10 igbo people i've met who were BORN and RAISED in lagos can barely speak igbo. and they definitely do not attend igbo town meetings. On the other hand, they are watching just as much yoruba movies and attending owambe parties and eating as much amala as me.

go and re-think ur strategies.

be exceedingly glad if u can recruit a few psychos amongst them to join ur cause.
[/s]

This sh111t certainly do not merit a reply.
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 9:07am On Aug 24, 2013
agbameta:

Kpele, I didn't mean to make you cry. Get a grip of yourself and your puerile emotions grin

Ndo, you are the one who is devastated here. tongue tongue
Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by Biafradiplomat: 10:10am On Aug 24, 2013
0monnak0da: Funny woman full of assertion but no substance Onitsha is the largest market by which measure ?
acreage?
Turnover?
what exactly
You think you are on the Nnewi Ilo where you eat akpu and release flatulent ideas unchallenged.Come on. What is the basis for that claim? Why would Onitsha have the biggest market what is the logic for that? Manufacturing,Ease of access population? Why then is the GDP and IGR of Anambra so LOW even in the SE IMO and ABIA are miles AHEAD. If so much is going on in Anambra how come Ogun state is generating more than Anambra,Enugu,Ebonyi and Abia combined

What about electricity consumption which would give you some window into manufacturing? How much electricity is consumed in Anambra?

The reality is Onitsha was the largest market in a dream not any reality. THINK! look at the population of Kano Lagos and tell us what will make onitsha such a large market. Another hyperakpuremic delusion.

If you actually asked these questions then it means you still a young dude who have not traveled out of his enclave or you simply do not understand the economic demographic pattern of Nigeria.
Now listen and get some enlightenment;
1. Onitsha main market is the largest single contiguous market in Sub Saharan Africa, its appalling you don't know this, if you think there is a bigger market than Onitsha main market then inform us here.
2. Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi markets are hubs were industrial, consumer and electrical/vehicle parts respectively are kept in bulk and from these clusters they are shipped in smaller consignments to other cities/towna in Nigeria and across SSA through mainly Igbo middle men and traders.
3. Lagos and Kano may be more populous than either Aba or Onitsha and have a "larger market" per capita but who controls the supply chain and from whence do the goods come from? When you stand on any of the highways in the SE and see the volume of goods moving to various parts of Nigeria, you will understand better.
4. Aba already has a name in terms of indigenous manufacturing, the same way you mention Taiwan products, Chinese products, German products etc so you have Aba products known all over the world. Goods like shoes, Suits, shirts, trousers, belts, bags, inner wears, etc are produced in Aba in commercial quantities and exported to various parts of Nigeria and beyond. You will be amazed to see thousands of clusters at kent, Bakassi, Ariaria, Cemetery areas in Aba producing similar goods and packaging them in very fanciful packs(though majority of them are labeled made in Italy, Germany, etc to attract better prices. When the previous World bank president, James Wholfensen came to Aba on the invitation of Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, he was shocked at the level and volume of goods being produced under SME's that he agreed to give loan to Prof Barth Nnaji to establish Geometric power limited that will supply electricity to them.
5.Motor/Vehicle spare parts are shipped from Nkwo Nnewi market to different parts of Nigeria and to places as far flung as Senegal, Congo, Ghana, Cameroon etc, at the same time there are many factories producing them locally in Nnewi, unlike Lagos(including greater Lagos i.e Sagamu, Agbara and Ota) were multinationals establish factories and repatriate profits to home countries, those in Nnewi, Aba and Onitsha are are mainly indigenous.
6. NEED I SAY MORE?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat by YesBosss(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2013
Biafra diplomat:
Yes, because he who fights and takes off leaves to fight another day rather than a coward who would commit suicide by drinking rat poison because he was afraid to face his fears..., The same person you guys celebrate as a hero, little wonder you are a race that is well known for cowardice.

grin grin So your own definition of BRAVE is someone that ran away from war dressed as a lady with lipstick? Bravo !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Welcomes The Olu Of Warri To His Community - Photos / Bayelsa Election: PDP Supporters Attacked, 1 Killed, Others Injured (Graphic Pix / Willie Obiano Still In EFCC Custody, Moved To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.